Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Sad Experiences From Gsm Service Providers! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sad Experiences From Gsm Service Providers! (932 Views)

How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers / How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators / Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad Experiences From Gsm Service Providers! by rowlandwhy: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2007
I lost my sim card and requested for a welcome back pack from MTN since the 25th of May,
I was asked to buy a new sim pack to get them transfer the old line to the new sim,
I applied online via their website,
after this there was a confirmation call from MTN asking for the details i previously filled on the net,
I supplied same to them and the attendant told me that i should insert the new sim into my phone in the next 24 hrs.
I did this in the next three days but the line wasnt working yet.
I called their customer care line for almost 200 times, but couldnt connect them,

the next week , i called and got them, the attendant told me that it was quite unfortunate that the line isnt working yet, that they might have being working on it.
He requested for the details which i gave, and assured me that he will forward the request to their engineers as usual and a confirmation text message or call would be given to me on my alternate line.

Since 25th May till date, the line didnt work and no call or SMS from MTN.
I couldnt hold my temper,
i picked my phone and called again, to my greatest surprise,
the attendant was offering me bundles of sorry(ies),
i was like ahh talk to me, All i heard was that the line can never be retrieved,
I got mad. I was red, "the line can never be retrieved, fine, but why am i getting this information by this time" almost 1 month since i applied?" I asked her, she was speechless,
After unleashing bundles of abuses on her and her company, i said ok, fine, , since i can't get my old line please can i get the new number on the new sim pack?
To my greatest disappointment and dismay, she started offering sorries again, and ended that the line has been deactivated and can't be useful to me again.

GAWD, i just felt like i was seeing the lady face to face. I poured as much abuses as i can on MTN and the customer care unit since i know i can't do anything. She totally accepted the abuses and blames and told me that she is very sorry for the mishap, and the fault was theirs, and that i should forgive them.

These telecom companies can be a nuissance some times. After the whole stress i past through, I couldnt retrieve my old line and also lost the new line i brought. I mean, it is quite frustrating.

This is my experience from MTN, some body may have another more complex one than this.
Re: Sad Experiences From Gsm Service Providers! by iginla(m): 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2007
Hi,
please supply the following details;
old number?
new number?
serial number to the new line(it is at the back of the new SIM)?

I hope to speak with someone there,this i think should be resolve.
Re: Sad Experiences From Gsm Service Providers! by rowlandwhy: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2007
Hi IG,
FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, PLS CAN You GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADRESS SO THAT I CAN SEND IT PRIVATELY RATHER THAN POSTING IT IN THIS FORUM. OR SEND ME A MAIL @

Thanks for your concern.
Re: Sad Experiences From Gsm Service Providers! by dominobaby(f): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2007
Sorry about that, but then, their recent advert about retrieving lost lines is just what you said you did, so i wonder what went wrong.
Re: Sad Experiences From Gsm Service Providers! by Saddam: 3:25am On Apr 08, 2012
3G

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your Settings In Celtel Free / Affordable Internet Access / Celtel, Very Unreliable Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.