Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle (21510 Views)

Inside The N13bn Mansion Cristiano Ronaldo Will Be Staying At Manchester (Photo) / Cute Family Photos Of Lionel Messi Staying Safe / Mohamed Salah Avoids Kiss From A Female Reporter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by OfficialJayy: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
gibzzhd:
2018: Ronaldo to Madrid President: Increase my wages or I will leave.

Perez (R Madrid President): You can leave.

2020: Messi to Bartemeu (Barca President). I want to leave Barca.

Bartemeu: YOU CANT LEAVE.

LA LIGA: YOU WILL NOT LEAVE

Know the �

Must you bring cr7 into the conversation?? your obsession with this guy simply validates the fact that he is way better than Messi

Back to your post
Cr7 did not leave madrid because of salary issues.. infact, I will like to see a video of perez/cr7 saying the latter left because the former did not increase his salary
Neither Barca nor la liga said Messi will not be allowed to leave, but rather they said Messi will only be allowed to leave if a club triggers his release clause.. if Messi has his way, he's going to leave for free, something that barca is trying to avoid

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by 9jaBloke: 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
paulolee:
another wahala...i think messi and hs father should try and avoid court case with barca..he should jus stay this last season, sign a pre contract with city and use this last season to give the fans a proper farewell..my opinion

Apt
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by ekevwe(m): 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
obembet:
Lionel Messi has reportedly resigned himself to the fact that he will have to see out his Barcelona contract and stay at the club for another year.

The Barca captain had been hoping to leave the club on a free transfer this summer, with Manchester City leading the chase for his services as they sought to reunite him with his former manager Pep Guardiola.

Messi has become disillusioned with life in Catalonia after Barca's shambolic 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League left them looking as far away from returning to the top level of European football as they have been since last winning Europe's biggest prize in 2015.

Manager Quique Setien left shortly after that loss, and has been replaced by Ronald Koeman.

Messi's father Jorge has been holding talks with Barca chiefs in a bid to thrash out his son's future, with the Messi camp holding onto the hope that they could exploit the fact that a €700m buyout clause in the star's contract no longer existed.

Jorge Messi's statement to La Liga and Barca outlining the apparent expiration of the clause was published on Friday, only for La Liga to issue a swift response denying this and stating that the clause was still at play.

"The €700m release clause exists and is absolutely valid," said the league in a statement.
"Their interpretation of the contract is decontextualised and far from the literality of the same."

This has forced Messi and his camp to back down from their transfer threat according to TyC Sports in Argentina, who were one of the first outlets to break that Messi could leave this summer.

They add that Messi does not want to leave "in the middle of a legal scandal" that could be seen as damaging to his legacy at the Nou Camp.

Source: https: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/messi-transfer-news-barcelona-city-22629865.amp

We can now rest
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
oba4ever:

Barca should loan him to man city. I don't see him being productive at all and his last season will just be the worst and spoil his good works and reputation

This could have been a better idea , favourable to both parties
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
obembet:

I feel sorry for Barcelona because trying to keep Messi by all means will not bring out the best in him. It may end up counter productive, working against Barcelona because Messi may just have I don't care attitude knowing he will be leaving. He may not give his best.

Exactly !! Fear won't let them because they just see Messi as their private property
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by IgbalodeRaymond: 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2020
gibzzhd:

Know the �
it shows Madrid is far far far bigger than Barcelona

in Madrid no player is bigger than the club unlike Barcelona

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by CoolAmbience(m): 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
paulolee:

advantage or not, messi should jus stay in barca if goin to court is the onmy option of leaving the club, it would be a dirt on his legacy if he drags barca to court, i dnt expect him to trash all the legacy he built in barca for years jus because of his last 5 years...the beginning do not matter bt the end and history wont be fair to him if he tries such..

I like smart, analytic people, and you are one.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Blakpot: 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
Mancity kpele!
No more Messing about lol
Dream over!
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by shogsman(m): 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
Realadey:
If that should be the case,Messi has upper hand should there be any court case, moreso why is Barça holding on to an unhappy player,it will surely boomerang.
Messi too should try to avoid unnecessary hullabaloo because of the fans that gave him all, both parties should compromise,that's it.
You mean the fans and the club he gave all
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by jaxxy(m): 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
paulolee:

advantage or not, messi should jus stay in barca if goin to court is the onmy option of leaving the club, it would be a dirt on his legacy if he drags barca to court, i dnt expect him to trash all the legacy he built in barca for years jus because of his last 5 years...the beginning do not matter bt the end and history wont be fair to him if he tries such..

It won’t be fair to him bt it will be fair to Barca rite? Rubbish.

Ideal his contract shud run a year and end unless he renews it intentionally not the clubs renewing it for him in such ridiculous manner.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by martineverest(m): 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
ojaysam25:
If that is the case,then he should drag barca to court....he need to leave as soon as possible
premier League fan....praying for Messi to come to their league
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by ayenale1(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2020
The new manager should immediately bench him for 15 games to tell him that he's dispensable and that Barca is bigger than him, rubbish. Why can't he pay the 700m from his pocket in order to move, nonsense.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by TruthHurts100: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
They will suffer for this. Because you can never get his 100%.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by lymelyte(m): 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
They have forced him to stay now. They just want to milk all money they can get now because it is so obvious he is leaving next season. They shouldnt expect the best from him this season..
This is an eye opener for people signing slave contract up and down..
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by FuckThaMod: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
gibzzhd:

Know the �
Your ewu is in bondage and you are proud..

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by rapid101(m): 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
forget all dis talk

fear no go let am comot
u wan kill em career

asun of Spain
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by wealthpreach(m): 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
Excallibur:
The point is that Messi doesn't need to drag barca to court, he has the legal right to terminate his contract unilaterally (according to this quoted clause in the contract states by his father) .barca will be the ones to drag him to court....Although I get where you are coming from,after all this years, the break up doesn't have to be bitter
June has long passed. Go and read the contract again.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by TruthHurts100: 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Must you bring cr7 into the conversation?? your obsession with this guy simply validates the fact that he is way better than Messi

Back to your post
Cr7 did not leave madrid because of salary issues.. infact, I will like to see a video of perez/cr7 saying the latter left because the former did not increase his salary
Neither Barca nor la liga said Messi will not be allowed to leave, but rather they said Messi will only be allowed to leave if a club triggers his release clause.. if Messi has his way, he's going to leave for free, something that barca is trying to avoid

Can they still trust him?
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Zenithpeak(m): 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Messi alone cannot decide his move by himself... He's not just any player that can be replaced easily. He has brand endorsements and other agreement to see through and make sure he's not breaching anyagreement which may lead to litigation. A lot of people's lives and livelihood is dependent on his career.... Such huge decision can't be handled this way.

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by oyatainer(m): 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
obembet:

Thats is the truth, Either Barcelona likes it or not, this guy won't play forever. Either he renew his contract or decides to leave on a free transfer next season, his departure in the future is inevitable. If you really wants to rebuild the squad and the team, while not let him go and focus on a new generation. Messi going will serve a better advantage to the entire barca than him staying. This whole saga has shown actually destroy the reputation of Barca.

Lalasticlala

Do you now want Barca to release him for free and lose in three ways: agony OF MESSI'S departure, loss of revenue in sponsorship and endorsement and of course money.
Go and read what liga president said before you judge Barca.

Had it been Messi's contract is buyable like Neymar, you would not be talking like this now. They needed this kind of enormous clause to prevent Neymar scenerio on Messi and future generation players
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by focus7: 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
Those small boys in Bayern Munic really created confusion to Messi's career with that 8-2 defeat, it will take him another year to overcome the trainer.

Anyway the type of Messi cannot be my own hero, C-Ronaldo all the ways
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
If I were the Esun goat I will start scoring own goals let's see if they won't allow him to go
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by RTSC: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
Messi will leave for free next season, which honestly is better for messi financially.

Barcelona are stupid. Sell this guy and make money instead of keeping an unhappy player and losing him for free.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Zenithpeak(m): 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
ayenale1:
The new manager should immediately bench him for 15 games to tell him that he's dispensable and that Barca is bigger than him, rubbish. Why can't he pay the 700m from his pocket in order to move, nonsense.

No wonder you refused to sign the petition against weed smoking.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by RTSC: 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
By January, City can even sign a pre contract with messi for a free transfer.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Skymason20(m): 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
I have always knew Messi will not sign a new contract 3 yrs ago wen Barcelona tried to!! , he was waiting for this moment but Barcelona are not ready to lose him , even laliga ,.. he has to honor is one year contract left and move on.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by omoonasanya: 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
Him no wan make lalastitica abi Bartomeu charge am to court now... I laff in spanish
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Barca shot themselves in the foot here. Now he is going to walk away for free once his contract expires in a year. They should have just sold him even if for €200m. They could have used that to buy like 3 top class YOUNG players.

Why all this fuss over a player that’s in the twilight of his career? He is not God na.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Decimus: 9:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
wealthpreach:
June has long passed. Go and read the contract again.
Did you see a copy of the contract and how exactly it was written there?
June is something and the end of the season is another. If what was written there was end of the season, then last season ended last month.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by RPG2020(m): 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
rentAcock:
Messi will win the UCL next year and it doesn't matter which club he ends up.

Enter house she-lamb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Air Peace Becomes Official Sponsor Of Nigerian National Teams / Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON / Chidi Odiah Is Not A Taxi Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.