Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today (774 Views)

Everything We Have Today In Science Cannot Work If The Earth Is Truly 6000years. / No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by OpenYourEyes1: 7:58am On Sep 05, 2020
If it's far more advanced, imagine how advanced the New Law is.
I was listening to the old law days ago and I was shocked how intelligently it was put together to fit the ancient people and their peculiar situation. I believe strongly it was extremely moral and reasonable than any law in existence then. I compared it with the laws of worldly nations today and it still sounds more advanced and reasonable.

Now compare that with the New Law from GOD to believers, you would understand how extremely advanced, reasonable and holy the New Law is. Just imagine what the � World will be like if it follows the New Law.

Related Posts
The Law Was Our Schoolmaster To Bring Us Unto Christ" - Book of Galatians - https://www.nairaland.com/6582659/law-schoolmaster-bring-us-unto#102286106

It's about genuine Love (Summary of GOD's Commandments)
https://www.nairaland.com/5593945/genuine-love-summary-gods-commandments
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by OpenYourEyes1: 7:29am On Oct 19, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
I was listening to the old law days ago and I was shocked how intelligently it was put together to fit the ancient people and their peculiar situation. I believe strongly it was extremely moral and reasonable than any law in existence then. I compared it with the laws of worldly nations today and it still sounds more advanced and reasonable.

Now compare that with the New Law from GOD to believers, you would understand how extremely advanced, reasonable and holy the New Law is. Just imagine what the world will be like if it follows the New Law.

Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by donnie(m): 7:35am On Oct 19, 2020
And what is this so-called new law?
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by Dtruthspeaker: 9:12am On Oct 19, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Now compare that with the New Law from GOD to believers, you would understand how extremely advanced, reasonable and holy the New Law is. Just imagine what the � World will be like if it follows the New Law.

What you wrongfully call the old testament Law is A Detailed and Comprehensive Presentation of the List of the Highest and the Rightest Laws of Natural (God's) Laws for man and on man.

What you wrongfully call New Law is an Abridgment or Summary of the God's Laws (Natural Law) which you and all men Already Know, but men choose to do whatever they like, because they can.

There is No New Law but a Restatement of The Law.
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by donnie(m): 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

What you wrongfully call the old testament Law is A Detailed and Comprehensive Presentation of the List of the Highest and the Rightest Laws of Natural (God's) Laws for man and on man.

What you wrongfully call New Law is an Abridgment or Summary of the God's Laws (Natural Law) which you and all men Already Know, but men choose to do whatever they like, because they can.

There is No New Law but a Restatement of The Law.

Thank you! ...Very clearly put. The actual Hebrew word used for NEW testament in the KJV is RENEWED testament. But our people have chosen lawlessness as a religion.

MESSIAH was himself a teacher of the law. He taught the spirit of the law and it's right application. He was never a law breaker, nor did he abolish the commandments as many teach.
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by Dtruthspeaker: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2020
donnie:

Thank you! ...Very clearly put. The actual Hebrew word used for NEW testament in the KJV is RENEWED testament. But our people have chosen lawlessness as a religion.

MESSIAH was himself a teacher of the law. He taught the spirit of the law and it's right application. He was never a law breaker, nor did he abolish the commandments as many teach.

Yes, The Lord was bringing to our attention that His Laws that is Natural Law, are Still in Force!

This is because evil men have Hidden and Perverted The Laws of God which were known in the Days of Old.

Which is why as it is Written

"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls." Jeremiah 6:16

Tom Inglis "Show Us the Ancient Paths!
Lord we confess that we have wandered
Far from Your purpose and plan
And willingly walked in the wrong direction
We've disobeyed Your commands
Father forgive us, Spirit come lead us
Back to the way
Back to the truth

Back to the foot of the cross

Show us the ancient paths
Lead us along eternal highways
We want to walk in the ways of Jesus
We want to enter Your rest

Show us the ancient paths
Lead us along eternal highways
We want to follow the footsteps of Jesus
We want to enter Your rest

Lord it's Your mercy and good intention
That constantly calls us to You
Your infinite patience and kind correction
Your covenant love coming through
You are our hope and our salvation
You promise joy
Your give us grace
And courage to carry the cross
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by Dtruthspeaker: 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
I believe strongly it was extremely moral and reasonable than any law in existence then. I compared it with the laws of worldly nations today and it still sounds more advanced and reasonable.

At the Bolded, All the laws of the world are man-created laws Not God's Laws which is Natural Law.

While Natural Law (God's Laws) Are Perfect and Always Good, man created laws are Fraudulent, Corrupt and Deprive men of their God-Given Right or they Shortchange it, to the profit of a specific group of Persons.

It is even because the evil man is unable to change the whole of God's Law that is why his False laws have some good in them in that they merely Repeat What God has Already Provided through Natural Law, which they could not Alter or change.

So, there is No Basis of Comparing evil men created laws with God's Laws!
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by OpenYourEyes1: 7:32am On Oct 20, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

At the Bolded, All the laws of the world are man-created laws Not God's Laws which is Natural Law.

While Natural Law (God's Laws) Are Perfect and Always Good, man created laws are Fraudulent, Corrupt and Deprive men of their God-Given Right or they Shortchange it, to the profit of a specific group of Persons.

It is even because the evil man is unable to change the whole of God's Law that is why his False laws have some good in them in that they merely Repeat What God has Already Provided through Natural Law, which they could not Alter or change.

So, there is No Basis of Comparing evil men created laws with God's Laws!

If the the natural law you are referring to is the law am talking about in this post, then I agree.
The man-made law are full of mistakes and evil mixed with some good. They are not the law the children of GOD are to follow.
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by Dtruthspeaker: 8:13am On Oct 20, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

If the the natural law you are referring to is the law am talking about in this post, then I agree

Do you not know the Law you were referring to?

OpenYourEyes1:

The man-made law are full of mistakes and evil mixed with some good. They are not the law the children of GOD are to follow.

Do you not understand that God has given man All The Laws he needs and that it was not necessary for man to make any law?

Do you not know that the laws the man made was to give him unlawful advantage over his fellow man?

Or do you not know that when evil men grew in numbers they ruled by might and not by the Law of God through Natural Law? Eg man made stealing of punishable with death but when they saw men killed to steal they lowered it.

Also, it was their law that before a woman marries, the Guy controlling the area would first have sex with her on her wedding night before going to her husband's place. So would be husbands killed the man and escaped with his intended. When this was rampant they lowered the marriage laws.

And that the man made laws you have now is because the evil men saw that they would destroy themselves if they allow some good things to happen?

Respectfully, you really do not know yourself and your kind so, Please it's best not to speak much on issues you know not.
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by OpenYourEyes1: 8:18am On Oct 20, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you not know the Law you were referring to?

Do you not understand that God has given man All The Laws he needs and that it was not necessary for man to make any law?

Do you not know that the laws the man made was to give him unlawful advantage over his fellow man?

Or do you not know that when evil men grew in numbers they ruled by might and not by the Law of God through Natural Law? Eg man made stealing of punishable with death but when they saw men killed to steal they lowered it.

Also, it was their law that before a woman marries, the Guy controlling the area would first have sex with her on her wedding night before going to her husband's place. So would be husbands killed the man and escaped with his intended. When this was rampant they lowered the marriage laws.

And that the man made laws you have now is because the evil men saw that they would destroy themselves if they allow some good things to happen?

Respectfully, you really do not know yourself and your kind so, Please it's best not to speak much on issues you know not.

Please my friend don't deviate from the topic. I am specifically referring to the law handed to Isreal by GOD
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by Dtruthspeaker: 8:27am On Oct 20, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Please my friend don't deviate from the topic. I am specifically referring to the law handed to Isreal by GOD

And I am simply contributing that those laws handed to Isreal are what scholars of law call Principles of Natural Law.

1 Like

Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by OpenYourEyes1: 8:29am On Oct 20, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

And I am simply contributing that those laws handed to Isreal are what scholars of law call Principles of Natural Law.

Maybe we will discuss that some other day. Let's just focus on this to avoid confusing the readers.
GOD Bless!
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by OpenYourEyes1: 7:58am On Jun 08, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by OpenYourEyes1: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. . . .. .
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by GdNews32: 7:05am On Sep 18, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Related Posts
The Law Was Our Schoolmaster To Bring Us Unto Christ" - Book of Galatians - https://www.nairaland.com/6582659/law-schoolmaster-bring-us-unto#102286106

Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by GdNews32: 8:05am On Nov 11, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Related Posts

Bump..... .... .. ....
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by OpenYourEyes1: 7:44am On Jan 03, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Related Posts

Bump... ..... . . ..... .... ..
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by OpenYourEyes1: 7:53am On Apr 07, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Related Posts

Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by LordReed(m): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Related Posts

Bwahahahahaha! An eye for an eye is more advanced? Buying slaves is more advanced? LoLz!
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by hakeem4(m): 12:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
the 10 commandments are very irrelevant in a modern society. Here is my post from quora

They are irrelevant, archaic and vague. you are probably asking who am I to say this about the commandments. let's take a look at the ten of them.

The first four are injunctions which do not serve any moral purpose to human

I am the Lord thy god
thou shall have no other god before me
thou shall not make a graven image
thou shall not use my name in vain
The remaining 6 are okay, but I've always wondered why there would be the death penalty for adultery.

No known civilization before the time when Moses brought the law to the Israelites ever allowed theft, perjury and murder. After these instructions, Moses still commanded his people to murder another tribe.

Lets now talk about what the ten commandments omitted.

No punishment for rape
no punishment for child abuse
no punishment for genocide
I hope you can agree with me that the 10 commandments are irrelevant

1 Like

Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by Dtruthspeaker: 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! An eye for an eye is more advanced? Buying slaves is more advanced? LoLz!

All the fake laws called legal, men made are all based on "An eye for an eye".

Secondly, The rule on slavery is meant to wean and cure off the Israelites from practicing slavery which they were already accustomed to doing, which is why The Laws of Strangers and Usury and Jubilee and 7 Years are in place to checkmate and discourage slavery,

So, you have no point here.
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by LordReed(m): 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

All the fake laws called legal, men made are all based on "An eye for an eye".

Secondly, The rule on slavery is meant to wean and cure off the Israelites from practicing slavery which they were already accustomed to doing, which is why The Laws of Strangers and Usury and Jubilee and 7 Years are in place to checkmate and discourage slavery,

So, you have no point here.

Quote the Bible verse stating the goal of weaning them off slavery.

1 Like

Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by Dtruthspeaker: 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
hakeem4:

Imagine! Yet you daily request (Pray) for blessings, favour, help, protection etc. Who grants all these?

Then the world wonders why they suffer and are always in cry-zes; from one cry to another to another.

hakeem4:

The remaining 6 are okay, but I've always wondered why there would be the death penalty for adultery.

Which man will not be happy and say that "just is" was served when his cheating wife and her trespassing partner have been killed?

Now, you know the value of God's Word where He Said "that evil may not be in the land"

Now stupid evil men unlawfully made their own laws AND NOW EVIL IS EVERYWHERE! Husbands kill their wives, wives kill their husbands, lawful children are cut off from their lawfull inheritance therefore, they kill the bastard and the bastards kill them. The cheating partners now kill the complaining partner and more killings and deaths are flowing all over the place.

Which could have not taken place if the first 2 Lawbreakers had been killed.

Therefore, God's Laws beat this!

hakeem4:

No known civilization before the time when Moses brought the law to the Israelites ever allowed theft, perjury and murder.

And that is why it is clear that Moses did speak to God for all The Laws He spelt out to Moses are exactly Nature's Law aka Natural Law!

hakeem4:

No punishment for rape

Rape: Exodus 20: 17 "nor any thing that is thy neighbour's".

Genocide: "thou shalt not kill".

Child abuse: Dem they talk this one? Only an evil person can imagine harming a Child and that is naturally death penalty!

So, God covered them all.

But now, man has done his own and now the whole world is full of evil up to the levels of world extinction.

So, who is losing and suffering, is it not the stupid foolish evil man who thought he was Wiser than God?

Again, God's Laws Win and MAN A MIGHT BIG DYING FOOL!
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by Dtruthspeaker: 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
LordReed:

Quote the Bible verse stating the goal of weaning them off slavery.

"Quote the Bible verse?" Have you become that stupid that you would enter into soakaway pit so that you could raise a stupid question?

Common Sense, would have told that, that is why we have "common sense" what we call "implication" or "implied terms", which told you and should have told you that when all servants are released every 7 years, it is not going to be very discouraging, keeping slaves.

And I know you knew this but because you are always evil, you had to ask this very stupid question.
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by LordReed(m): 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

"Quote the Bible verse?" Have you become that stupid that you would enter into soakaway pit so that you could raise a stupid question?

Common Sense, would have told that, that is why we have "common sense" what we call "implication" or "implied terms", which told you and should have told you that when all servants are released every 7 years, it is not going to be very discouraging, keeping slaves.

And I know you knew this but because you are always evil, you had to ask this very stupid question.

LoLz! Just say you are bringing this conjecture from between your butt cheeks. Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by Dtruthspeaker: 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! Just say you are bringing this conjecture from between your butt cheeks. Bwahahahahaha!

Just say you are loosing hold on even ordinary cheap common sense most especially when Satan is the one driving you.
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by sonmvayina(m): 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
Old law?

According to who?

God gave humanity laws to live by..

Somepeople came, created a man as God and placed him on a stake and some people are worshipping him as God.

I raised the objection that it is tantamount to idolatry.. I was given names...

Well, we will all know.
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by truespeak: 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2022
hakeem4:
the 10 commandments are very irrelevant in a modern society. Here is my post from quora

They are irrelevant, archaic and vague. you are probably asking who am I to say this about the commandments.

No I am not probably asking who you are to say this, I know who you are. One who lacketh knowledge better known by the word Fool, for only a Fool would call the Commandments of his Creator, irrelevant, archaic and vague.

Imagine the Toyota Camry (courtesy Dtruthspeaker) calling the Instructions of Mr Toyoda given to the Camry, irrelevant, archaic and vague.

Ha!

That is the true definition of FOOLISHNESS and one who surely seeketh his own Destruction and End.

hakeem4:

let's take a look at the ten of them.

I am the Lord thy god

See, common sense would have told you this is the Creator starting with an introduction of Himself to His creations.

Like Mr Toyoda introducing himself to the Camry so the Camry knows it is He, his Creator who speaks to him.

Thus Relevant and not Archaic nor Vague.

hakeem4:

thou shall have no other god before me

No different from Mr Toyoda saying to the Camry, "Now that you know me, you must not have or take up another as your God"

I am sure you know what this means and the consequences of disobedience.

Thus making it Relevant, not Archaic nor Vague.

hakeem4:

thou shall not make a graven image
Same as above.

hakeem4:

thou shall not use my name in vain

"Now that you know me, do not call on me for no thing and without good reason"

Again Relevant, not Archaic nor Vague.

hakeem4:

As if you had not wished to kill your girlfriend or wife when you caught her cheating.

You have nothing to say!
hakeem4:

No known civilization before the time when Moses brought the law to the Israelites ever allowed theft, perjury and murder.

Because every civilization operates under the Law of the Creator called Natural Law which was the Law God the Creator, Restated to the Children of Isreal.

So even you have proven here it's Relevance.

hakeem4:

After these instructions, Moses still commanded his people to murder another tribe.

A creation who doeth not the will or pleasure of His Creator suffers and must suffer destruction and death.

Moses was simply carrying out the Instruction of the Creator issued against Wicked and Disobedient creations.

You have no case here!

hakeem4:

No punishment for rape

Not True!

Deuteronomy 22:25 provides death to the Rapist.

hakeem4:

Again Untrue!

Exodus 22: 22-24 Prohibits such an Evil and Pronounces the Punishment for such an Evil.

hakeem4:

After the Provision of "thou shalt not kill"?

Now you are being Ridiculous but this shows you have no thing to say.

hakeem4:

I believe you must agree with me that you have Failed Woefully in this venture of yours and that All the Commandments of Our Creator whom we call God are very Relevant to us His creations.
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Just say you are loosing hold on even ordinary cheap common sense most especially when Satan is the one driving you.

LoLz!
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by hakeem4(m): 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
truespeak:

No I am not probably asking who you are to say this, I know who you are. One who lacketh knowledge better known by the word Fool, for only a Fool would call the Commandments of his Creator, irrelevant, archaic and vague.

Imagine the Toyota Camry (courtesy Dtruthspeaker) calling the Instructions of Mr Toyoda given to the Camry, irrelevant, archaic and vague.

Ha!

That is the true definition of FOOLISHNESS and one who surely seeketh his own Destruction and End.

See, common sense would have told you this is the Creator starting with an introduction of Himself to His creations.

Like Mr Toyoda introducing himself to the Camry so the Camry knows it is He, his Creator who speaks to him.

Thus Relevant and not Archaic nor Vague.

No different from Mr Toyoda saying to the Camry, "Now that you know me, you must not have or take up another as your God"

I am sure you know what this means and the consequences of disobedience.

Thus making it Relevant, not Archaic nor Vague.

Same as above.

"Now that you know me, do not call on me for no thing and without good reason"

Again Relevant, not Archaic nor Vague.

As if you had not wished to kill your girlfriend or wife when you caught her cheating.

You have nothing to say!

Because every civilization operates under the Law of the Creator called Natural Law which was the Law God the Creator, Restated to the Children of Isreal.

So even you have proven here it's Relevance.

A creation who doeth not the will or pleasure of His Creator suffers and must suffer destruction and death.

Moses was simply carrying out the Instruction of the Creator issued against Wicked and Disobedient creations.

You have no case here!

Not True!

Deuteronomy 22:25 provides death to the Rapist.

Again Untrue!

Exodus 22: 22-24 Prohibits such an Evil and Pronounces the Punishment for such an Evil.

After the Provision of "thou shalt not kill"?

Now you are being Ridiculous but this shows you have no thing to say.

I believe you must agree with me that you have Failed Woefully in this venture of yours and that All the Commandments of Our Creator whom we call God are very Relevant to us His creations.

you came here again merry go rounding without saying anything; I do not remember the bible verses that gave permission to Moses to commit genocide, but I know it was immediately after receiving the 10 commandments.

Is there any civilised country in the world. that punishes anybody for adultery; let alone capital punishment for adultery
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by Dtruthspeaker: 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
hakeem4:
...Is there any civilised country in the world. that punishes anybody for adultery; let alone capital punishment for adultery

And all your so called civilized people are a people who are living in great misery and paiin and great depression always wondering why they should keep living.

Life is horrible for them.

What a horrible horrible way to live.

hakeem4:

you came here again merry go rounding without saying anything; I do not remember the bible verses that gave permission to Moses to commit genocide

A plate is clean only when every dirt (evil) is wiped out and neither would you marry a leprous woman.

Which is why you wash your plates and keep your kitchen and house clean. No one tolerates the evil of dirt except of course dustbin eating scums.

And every dumpsite is always burnt and scourged.

That is The Law!/
Re: The Old Testament Law is Far More Advanced Than The Worldly Laws We Have Today by truespeak: 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
hakeem4:

you came here again merry go rounding without saying anything; I do not remember the bible verses that gave permission to Moses to commit genocide, but I know it was immediately after receiving the 10 commandments.

Translation: I have no thing to say in Rebuttal but make I talk something sha! grin

hakeem4:

Is there any civilised country in the world. that punishes anybody for adultery; let alone capital punishment for adultery

It is relevant that anyone who has been cheated on wishes death on that lying cheating ass partner, thus showing the Justness and Relevance of the Law, which is the issue between you and I.

Implementation of the Law however, is a different issue but of course being guilty of Adultery themselves, one can understand why like the men who wanted to stone the Adulterous woman, they must turn away and have turned away from the Law.

So No Case!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fasting And Praying Successfully / Rapture On Feast Of Tabernacles November 30, 2020 / What The Fùck Is This? (PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.