Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (19743 Views)

If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Are We Truly Safe, When We Commit Sin With Condoms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2019
There's currently a movement out there which wants Christians to throwaway the old testament part of the Bible and just stick with the new testament alone. Those behind this movement are mostly those against tithing. They say we are not to obey old testament laws because Christ has freed us from the law. They say those who obey the old testament laws are under a curse. Below are their favourite verses

Galatians 3:10 KJV
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

James 2:10 KJV
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

They quote the above verses when you tell them that tithe is very much relevant today as it was in the days of the children of Israel. They immediately quote tonnes of old testament laws which are very difficult to follow, and tell you that you simply want them to be under the curse of the law if they dare break any of them.

The problem with such people is that they don't understand the Bible because they lack the Holy Spirit which guides into all truth. That's why they have thrown away a whole portion of the Bible and have stick with the New Testament. Even the new testament which they claim to follow, they do not believe in it.

Now, is the old testament to be thrown away? No, because it is as good for us today as it was for those of old.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

As seen above, all scripture is profitable for doctrine. It doesn't say the old testament is not profitable nor does it say it is only the new testament that is profitable. It says all scripture. God gave us the old testament so that we can learn a lot from what happened before our time because such lessons will help us during the end times.

1 Corinthians 10:11 KJV
Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Now, concerning keeping old testament laws. We are to continue keeping them until Jesus Christ who died on the cross tells us otherwise. Now, he's not going to tell us otherwise because he's already stated what we need in the Bible, we just have to look therein. S, what did Jesus Christ himself said concerning the law? Let's hear him speak.

Matthew 5:17-20 KJV
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Did you see where Jesus said he has thrown the law into the refuse dump? No, you can't find such. Rather what you'll find is him saying he came to fulfill it. He even said not one jot shall pass away. To show that what he said back in the old testament still stands, he placed a loss on whoever shall break one of the smallest of the commandments and even go ahead to teach men to do the same thing. That's why I pity those who say they won't tithe and go about teaching people against tithing on social media.

You may ask, if the laws of the old testament still stand, how come people no longer offer animal sacrifices and other practices of the old testament like ablution, keeping the Sabbath day etc?

Before I answer those questions, let me first of take you on a ride for understanding. Read the below verses.

Deutoronomy 22:5 KJV
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Leviticus 18:16 KJV
None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the LORD.

Both verses are Old Testament laws against incest and cross-dressing. Now, the people who say we should throw away the old testament and those who say we shouldn't obey the laws of Moses are so foolish in that they do not see the error in their saying. According to them, Jesus Christ has died to set us free. Did he died so that we can now cross-dress like homosexuals and sleep with our sister or mother? An old testament law also says we are not to bow down to idols. What these people are saying is that we can now bow down to idols because Jesus has set us free. These people don't know what Jesus set us free from, they just parrot junks which they heard a social media liar say. They might even say we don't need the law to teach us what is right from wrong because the Holy Spirit living in us will do that for us. That foolish statement made them throw away the old testament. But wait, let's see who the Holy Spirit is:

John 14:26 KJV
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Spirit will bring to remembrance all what Jesus told us in the Bible. Now, how will you be able to remember what Jesus said in the old testament when you've thrown it away? Or don't you know that the entire Bible is about Jesus right from Genesis chapter 1 to the last chapter of Revelations? Jesus speaking:

John 5:54 KJV
For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

To be honest with you, it is not every law in the old testament that we are to obey as Christians. But how do we know which to obey from those we aren't to obey? It is by listening to Jesus, listening to what he said back then in the old testament and now in the new testament. That's how we know that the laws on ablution and Sabbath have changed.

Concerning the law against idol worshiping, did Jesus change that the law in the new testament? No he didn't. That's why we still obey that law today. What about cross-dressing and incest? Those laws still stand because he didn't change them.

Now, there are some laws which he changed in the new testament. Remember he stated through Apostle Paul that since the Levitical priesthood changed, there came a change of the law. It doesn't say the law was thrown out, it only says it changed.

Hebrews 7:12 KJV
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

The law which talked about not eating certain animals got changed in the new testament when Paul said we can eat all things.

Romans 14:2-13 KJV
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Remember the law against eating blood? That law still stands.

Genesis 9:4 KJV
But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Acts 15:29 KJV
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

You see, whatever Jesus doesn't want us to continue with he clearly states it in the new testament. Now, whatever he didn't change about the old testament laws still remains. It means whatever he said back in the old testament must still be followed. If he didn't tell you to stop, you are not to stop. Since he hasn't told you to stop obeying the anti-cross dressing, the incest and so many laws of the old testament, why do you feel you can just wake up ome morning and stop obeying them?

John 14:15 KJV
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Where did Jesus command you that you shouldn't pay tithe any more? You will never find. The closest you find is him even upholding the law on tithing three times in the new testament. Since he hasn't told you to stop, who are you to stop paying tithe? What he said back then still stands and must be obeyed. If you go about disobeying it and telling people to disobey it too, then you will be the least in the Kingdom of God.

For all those who love to say Jesus has set them free from the curse of the law, so they are not going to obey the law, such people don't even understand that particular verse they quote. Jesus didn't set you free from the law so that you won't obey it any more. Rather, he set you free from seeing it as a means to eternal life. If you say you want to make heaven by not sinning at all i.e obeying all the law, then you will end up in hell fire. You will end up there because you can never succeed in obeying the entire law. It even becomes worst for you if you pass all but failed in one. You will be guilty of even the ones you passed.

James 2:10 KJV
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Since no man can pass the whole law without failing one, Jesus had to come and make it easy for us to make heaven. He came, passed the law without sinning or failing any. When he died, his righteousness was taken from him and given to us who believe in him, while our sin was given to him.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

All we just have to do now is believe in him and Eternal life is ours.

John 3:16 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

We are saved by Grace, not by the works of the law.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Does that mean since we are saved we can now bow down to idols, commit incest, not pay tithe, coveteousness, steal, cross-dress, murder etc? No, because it will mean we are disobeying the laws of the one who saved us. Guess what? we will receive spanking from him if we do such.

Hebrews 12:6 KJV
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

If you don't want God to keep spanking you, then get back to obeying his commandment which is a sign of love for him.

John 14:15 KJV
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Obey his laws because he is...

Hebrews 13:8 KJV
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Amen

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
The real reason for this thread is because of tithing grin
OP there are more 700 laws in the OT.Even if we omit the ones Jesus and co-Jesus(Paul) abrogated,which are few,we still would have a lot of laws to observe...I mean laws which include ones that would render you a criminal if you practiced them in today's world.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:
OP there are more 700 laws in the OT.Even if we omit the ones Jesus and co-Jesus(Paul) abrogated,which are few,we still would have a lot of laws to observe...I mean laws which include ones that would render you a criminal if you practiced them in today's world.

Don't just talk, point them out and I will show you if they've been changed or still stand.

Only idiots speak without proof and expect sensible people to swallow their words.

You couldn't even tackle anything in the whole OP cos it's too hot for you.

3 Likes

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

[s]

Don't just talk, point them out and I will show you if they've been changed or still stand.

Only idiots speak without proof and expect sensible people to swallow their words.

You couldn't even tackle anything in the whole OP cos it's too hot for you.[/s]
What proofs do you want
That there are not more than 700 laws in the OT,or that many of them weren't abrogated in the NT and that you will have to be nuts to practice them in this modern world.
Sorry,my posts are meant for sensible people...I'm not here to argue with you.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

What proofs do you want
That there are not more than 700 laws in the OT,or that many of them weren't abrogated in the NT and that you will have to be nuts to practice them in this modern world.
Sorry,my posts are meant for sensible people...I'm not here to argue with you.

I was expecting you to mention at least one out of the 700 laws, but you disappointed me. You are just going about screaming 700 laws which you must have heard someone say without even knowing one of them.

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Dhumancanvas: 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You couldn't even tackle anything in the whole OP cos it's too hot for you.
Exodus 21:
7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[b] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter.10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.
20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

For example

Theres more but too much effort to compile. Not worth the time it would take

8 Likes

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

Exodus 21:
7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[b] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter.10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.
20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

For example

Theres more but too much effort to compile. Not worth the time it would take
What exactly is your point here?

Are you saying that if you beat your slave today and he dies, the court of law won't punish you because Jesus Christ died for us?

Secondly, because you no longer like your housemaid doesn't give you the right to sell her to another person. If you don't like her anymore, let her father come and pick her up. If you sell her to another person, you have cut her off completely from her father cos he won't have the power to redeem her from that other person who never had any business with him

Now, how have this sensible laws become outdated because Jesus died?

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I was expecting you to mention at least one out of the 700 laws, but you disappointed me. You are just going about screaming 700 laws which you must have heard someone say without even knowing one of them.

I have warned you to stop preaching and opening foolish threads upandan angry the era of false evil pastors like you is coming to an end soon undecided you have been warned

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Dhumancanvas: 6:24am On Mar 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

What exactly is your point here?

Are you saying that if you beat your slave today and he dies, the court of law won't punish you because Jesus Christ died for us?

Secondly, because you no longer like your housemaid doesn't give you the right to sell her to another person. If you don't like her anymore, let her father come and pick her up. If you sell her to another person, you have cut her off completely from her father cos he won't have the power to redeem her from that other person who never had any business with him

Now, how have this sensible laws become outdated because Jesus died?
Wow. Wawuu!! You call these sensible laws? The old testament is detailing laws on slave ownership. How to own a slave, how to beat a slave and you call it sensible?

So you thinking slavery is right?
People should own people as slaves abi?
It's okay to buy and sell children as servants?
It's all morally correct?

26 Likes

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 7:25am On Mar 10, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

Wow. Wawuu!! You call these sensible laws? The old testament is detailing laws on slave ownership. How to own a slave, how to beat a slave and you call it sensible?

So you thinking slavery is right?
People should own people as slaves abi?
It's okay to buy and sell children as servants?
It's all morally correct?

Stop using Bible translations other than the King James Version. Other Bible translations are Satan's handwork designed to create confusion.

The translation you used spoke of slave as if the Bible condones slavery. It makes it look like the Bible supports the trans Atlantic slavery.

But the KJV speaks of servant. Servants do get punished today. Even though it doesn't occur in cooperate offices, it occurs in brown collar jobs.

Exodus 21:20-22 King James Version (KJV)
And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.

Please stay away from all those other Bible versions, especially the NIV, they are Satan's playbook he uses to confuse believers. Read the thread below for more understanding.

https://www.nairaland.com/4957299/bible-sword-butter-knife-why

I believe I've answered your questions by showing how a false bible misled you into thinking that slaver was condoned.

Where are children bought and sold as servants in the old testament?
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Dhumancanvas: 8:00am On Mar 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Exodus 21 KJV:
Exodus 21:7-8 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bible.kingjamesbiblelite

There is more actually but long ting

5 Likes

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 8:02am On Mar 10, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

Exodus 21 KJV:
Exodus 21:7-8 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

There is more actually but long ting

So what's your point exactly that I haven't answered in the previous post?
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Dhumancanvas: 8:02am On Mar 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Stop using Bible translations other than the King James Version. Other Bible translations are Satan's handwork designed to create confusion.

The translation you used spoke of slave as if the Bible condones slavery. It makes it look like the Bible supports the trans Atlantic slavery.

But the KJV speaks of servant. Servants do get punished today. Even though it doesn't occur in cooperate offices, it occurs in brown collar jobs.

Exodus 21:20-22 King James Version (KJV)
And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.

Please stay away from all those other Bible versions, especially the NIV, they are Satan's playbook he uses to confuse believers. Read the thread below for more understanding.

https://www.nairaland.com/4957299/bible-sword-butter-knife-why

I believe I've answered your questions by showing how a false bible misled you into thinking that slaver was condoned.

So what you're saying is its okay to beat servants just as long as they don't die in 2 to 3 days?

2 Likes

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Dhumancanvas: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

So what's your point exactly that I haven't answered in the previous post?
You asked where in the old testament they sell children and i just posted a verse. I made sure it was from KJV too
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 8:06am On Mar 10, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

You asked where in the old testament they sell children and i just posted a verse. I made sure it was from KJV too

Where does it say little children? - if that's what you are implying.

Aren't children sold today as housemaids or househelps? Aren't they the same?
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Dhumancanvas: 8:08am On Mar 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Where does it say little children? - if that's what you are implying.

Aren't children sold today as housemaids or househelps? Aren't they the same?
Noone mentionend little children. You asked where they sell children i showed you where thet sell children. No mention of little.
Although i would assume it be a little difficult to sell grown ups tho

So its okay. That's what you're saying. We should go around selling our children as maids

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 8:08am On Mar 10, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

So what you're saying is its okay to beat servants just as long as they don't die in 2 to 3 days?

It's okay to beat an erring servant. The degree of offense is what determines the level of punishment. But no matter what, if the servant dies, the master will be punished for it. That alone will caution the master from inflicting the kind of punishment that may lead to death.

Didn't you get flogged at school?
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 8:10am On Mar 10, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

So its okay. That's what you're saying. We should go around selling our children as maids

That will be your end if you end up procreating without any plans for the children. Many of them will end up as agberos, servants, housemaids, thugs, etc. as a means of survival for you and them.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Dhumancanvas: 8:11am On Mar 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

It's okay to beat an erring servant. The degree of offense is what determines the level of punishment. But no matter what, if the servant dies, the master will be punished for it. That alone will caution the master from inflicting the kind of punishment that may lead to death.

Didn't you get flogged at school?
I schooled abroad. If they teacher beat a child he would probably end up in jail.

5 Likes

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Dhumancanvas: 8:20am On Mar 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Here is some more owning people as slaves, sorry servants verses for you.
Leviticus 25:44-46 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

The wording is a little funny but you wanted king james so there you go.
It mentions buying children once again.
Also notice how it says another human being shall be your possession. You know. Like owning a shoe.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by MuttleyLaff: 8:28am On Mar 10, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:
You know this person very well

10 Likes

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:49am On Mar 10, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

Leviticus 25:44-46 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Also notice how it says another human being shall be your possession. You know. Like owning a shoe.

" If your brother with you becomes so poor that he sells himself to you, you are not to make him serve like a bond slave. Instead, he is to serve with you like a hired servant or a traveler who lives with you, until the year of jubilee. Then he and his children with him may leave to return to his family and his ancestor’s inheritance. Since they’re my servants whom I’ve brought out of the land of Egypt, they are not to be sold as slaves." - - Leviticus 25:39-42
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 8:57am On Mar 10, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

Is the Bible talking about little children when it speaks of children?

Again, didn't I tell you that if you sell your children, it is no crime for them to be bought and owned?

That's why I advised you against procreating when you can't cater for them.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 8:58am On Mar 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You know this person very well

Yeah, but you folks couldn't even tackle the entire OP cos you see that it busted your lies about tithes.

Shame on you all.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Dhumancanvas: 9:02am On Mar 10, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

" If your brother with you becomes so poor that he sells himself to you, you are not to make him serve like a bond slave. Instead, he is to serve with you like a hired servant or a traveler who lives with you, until the year of jubilee. Then he and his children with him may leave to return to his family and his ancestor’s inheritance. Since they’re my servants whom I’ve brought out of the land of Egypt, they are not to be sold as slaves." - - Leviticus 25:39-42
Yea if they are your brothers which im assuming are the Israelites (God's people). But everyone else? Refer to my previous post. Its cool to own people as possesson provided they are not 'your(his) people'.

I believe Leviticus 44 to 46 was quoted by slave owners back when it was a thing as justification for coming to Africa an taking poeple as slaves. Interesting right?
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OpenYourEyes1: 9:04am On Mar 10, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

Yea if they are your brothers which im assuming are the Israelites (God's people). But everyone else? Refer to my previous post. Its cool to own people as possesson provided they are not 'your(his) people'.

“ Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper’s possession." Exodus 21:16
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Dhumancanvas: 9:08am On Mar 10, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

“ Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper’s possession." Exodus 21:16
Yea kidnap sure. But if you buy them fair and square then its all good.
Besides which one is one to follow? Levitivus or exodus of the same bible.

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Dhumancanvas: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Is the Bible talking about little children when it speaks of children?

Again, didn't I tell you that if you sell your children, it is no crime for them to be bought and owned?

That's why I advised you against procreating when you can't cater for them.
You said so? I must have missed it. But there in the bible is says I can own someone my possession. So who should I listen to, you or the Holy Book?
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OpenYourEyes1: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

Yea kidnap sure. But if you buy them fair and square then its all good.
Besides which one is one to follow? Levitivus or exodus of the same bible.

Modern employees are bought (technically)
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Giftednwaimo(f): 9:13am On Mar 10, 2019
[b][/b]WORD
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Zee05: 9:15am On Mar 10, 2019
Of course, many Christians still tap into the promises made in the old testament so why shouldn't we obey it's laws

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Adeboye Donates N10m To University Of Ibadan / Emmanuel Okose 'Soul E' Is A Fake Pastor - Nigerian Man Exposes Ex Singer(Video) / Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.