Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable (3387 Views)

Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy / "Lazarus Mouka Worships Python" - Uche Eze (Video) / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Ken4Christ: 12:27am On Sep 14, 2020
Janosky:

No dey DECEIVE yourself Bros. grin
These are the scriptures you are changing their true meaning to suit your hellfire scam.
I will quote each of them here.
1kings2:6, " go to Sheol/the grave in peace.
Psalms 6:5, Psalms 9:17,Job14:13-14,
1kings2:5-6
David Instructs Solomon
…5Moreover, you know what Joab son of Zeruiah did to me—what he did to Abner son of Ner and Amasa son of Jether, the two commanders of the armies of Israel. He killed them in peacetime to avenge the blood of war. He stained with the blood of war the belt around his waist and the sandals on his feet. 6So act according to your wisdom, and do not let his gray head go down to Sheol in peace.
Psalms 6:4-5 ,Darby Bible
4Return, Jehovah, free my soul; save me for thy loving-kindness' sake.

5For in death there is no remembrance of thee; in Sheol who shall give thanks unto thee?

Psalms 9:16-17
16Lord Jehovah makes known the judgment that he does, and the wicked is caught by the work of his hands.

17The wicked shall turn back to Sheol, and all the peoples that forget God

Job14:13
If only You would hide me in Sheol and conceal me until Your anger has passed! If only You would appoint a time for me and then remember me!

Verdict:
Sheol meaning "the grave" not hellfire.
To call it "hell", is a misnomer.
The Better word is "the grave".
From the Bible's Evidences here, we can all agree that there is no locus standi for Mr Ken to hold on to his long held deception and make FALSE claims contrary to the holy scriptures-

Case closed grin cheesy grin

The Saints of old didn't have the full revelation of certain things they wrote. So you can't use those references to buttress your points. If you want to know the truth about the eternal destiny of man, study the teachings of Jesus because he is the way, the truth and the life. And Jesus revealed clearly there is hell through his teachings and parables. So the writings of David and other books of the old testament cannot overwrite the teachings of Jesus. You can't use candle to be searching for a missing object when there is a bright electric bulb.

Study the teachings of Jesus from Matthew to John and you will come to the conclusion that indeed hell exist. If hell is the common grave, then heaven is the sky we see above.

Don't joke with your life. Once you are there, there is no way out. It is very hot and unbearable. It is for eternity. You still have the choice to choose life that is in Christ Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 14, 2020
Ken4Christ:

The Saints of old didn't have the full revelation of certain things they wrote. So you can't use those references to buttress your points. If you want to know the truth about the eternal destiny of man, study the teachings of Jesus because he is the way, the truth and the life. And Jesus revealed clearly there is hell through his teachings and parables. So the writings of David and other books of the old testament cannot overwrite the teachings of Jesus. You can't use candle to be searching for a missing object when there is a bright electric bulb.

Study the teachings of Jesus from Matthew to John and you will come to the conclusion that indeed hell exist. If hell is the common grave, then heaven is the sky we see above.

Don't joke with your life. Once you are there, there is no way out. It is very hot and unbearable. It is for eternity. You still have the choice to choose life that is in Christ Jesus.

The highlighted mean you knew very well that the teachings of all the prophets regarding the condition of the dead and God's judgment totally contradicts what you're trying to teach.
Well that's the more reason you need to meditate thoroughly on Jesus' use of illustrations {Matthew 13:34} before his arrival, it has been prophesied that he will teach in PARABLES {Isaiah 6:10} if God himself spoke saying the thoughts of tormenting people in fire has not come into his heart {Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5} then you supposed to know that whenever Jesus' teachings goes contrary to what God's word said before him, he is speaking in PARABLES not literal!.

That's why he himself said "don't be deceived, i've not come to contradict God's word that you heard through the laws and the prophets" {Matthew 5:17} yet at that many of his own disciples were stumbled in the use of his idioms {John 6:60-66} so if Jesus' teachings could confuse even his own contemporaries who have been following him as "disciples" how much more you and all the Churchgoers in the world today whose teachings can't help make LOVE, JOY and PEACE reign in your midst? undecided

So we know that Jesus spoke with illustrations (Parables) that's why we continue to make use of what the prophets and God's laws says to decode Jesus' idioms, hence the result you're all seeing globally amongst Jehovah's Witnesses today!

Can you go out there with zeal to preach and teach like JWs?
How many selfless preachers have you produced?
How many people can you vouch for that they have the same line of thought like you?

Well it's because you're not one of Jesus' followers {John 15:4} yes you wish to be but you can't bear such good fruit since you're not connected to him through his Organization!
You know deep down in your heart that JWs have what it takes to claim Christians but you're finding it hard to agree with our understanding of the scriptures, yet we are the one and only group yielding positivity out of over 41,000 religions claiming Christians on this planet! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Emusan(m): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
Janosky:
Romans12:1-2
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 8:5-7 & Romans 12:1-2, renew your mind, your inner thoughts, to conform to God's righteous standard, that is the point Paul made in 2Corinthians 4:16.
Because every wickedness you practice,comes from your inner thoughts. Matthew 15:11,18-20.
Renew your heart and mind to conform to everything that Yahweh approves.

Here come Mr NO SENSE lying liar

See how the deluded JWs change INNER MAN to INNER THOUGHT

If the point Paul made in 2 Corinthians 4:16 is inner thoughts can you provide screenshot as you usually do from Biblehub.com so that people can see?

Hypocrite brainwash JWs!

Mr LIENUS no get SENSE
You can only renew what is old , wearing out or decaying.
grin grin

So mind/heart can decay...

No wonder you'll remain Mr NO SENSE forever.

Mr LIENUS False claim, the spirit person inside him is decaying ,he renews the decaying spirit like a mechanic changing the carburetor and worn out break pad grin grin grin

Mr NO SENSE can you provide where anyone ever said THE SPIRIT PERSON IS DECAYING?

Even your deluded brothers have said, the decaying is for the fleshy body.

You'll never receive sense!

On the other hand, the soul is not a person living inside a man.

Argue that with your demonic translation Therefore, we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day."

No how you people will twist that verse, there's a MAN WE ARE INSIDE

Continue to DECEIVE your gullible self

And you'll continue to fail to have sense and leaving your brain inside Hall before coming to the public.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Ken4Christ: 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2020
Maximus69:

The highlighted mean you knew very well that the teachings of all the prophets regarding the condition of the dead and God's judgment totally contradicts what you're trying to teach.
Well that's the more reason you need to meditate thoroughly on Jesus' use of illustrations {Matthew 13:34} before his arrival, it has been prophesied that he will teach in PARABLES {Isaiah 6:10} if God himself spoke saying the thoughts of tormenting people in fire has not come into his heart {Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5} then you supposed to know that whenever Jesus' teachings goes contrary to what God's word said before him, he is speaking in PARABLES not literal!.

That's why he himself said "don't be deceived, i've not come to contradict God's word that you heard through the laws and the prophets" {Matthew 5:17} yet at that many of his own disciples were stumbled in the use of his idioms {John 6:60-66} so if Jesus' teachings could confuse even his own contemporaries who have been following him as "disciples" how much more you and all the Churchgoers in the world today whose teachings can't help make LOVE, JOY and PEACE reign in your midst? undecided

So we know that Jesus spoke with illustrations (Parables) that's why we continue to make use of what the prophets and God's laws says to decode Jesus' idioms, hence the result you're all seeing globally amongst Jehovah's Witnesses today!

Can you go out there with zeal to preach and teach like JWs?
How many selfless preachers have you produced?
How many people can you vouch for that they have the same line of thought like you?

Well it's because you're not one of Jesus' followers {John 15:4} yes you wish to be but you can't bear such good fruit since you're not connected to him through his Organization!
You know deep down in your heart that JWs have what it takes to claim Christians but you're finding it hard to agree with our understanding of the scriptures, yet we are the one and only group yielding positivity out of over 41,000 religions claiming Christians on this planet! smiley

I repeat that the Saints of old had a limited knowledge of God and spiritual things and sometimes completely wrong perception of spiritual things. Even God himself rebuked Job for uttering words without knowledge;

Job 38:1-2.
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

Jesus is the embodiment of truth. He didn't come to just teach the truth, he is the truth himself. So dwell more on his teachings if you want to understand spiritual things that are not revealed to the physical senses.

The teachings of our Lord Jesus reveals hell fire exist. I have quoted most of them and you choose not to believe them.

Remember, Jesus said we will be judged by the words he spoken;

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ken4Christ:

I repeat that the Saints of old had a limited knowledge of God and spiritual things and sometimes completely wrong perception of spiritual things. Even God himself rebuked Job for uttering words without knowledge;

Job 38:1-2.
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

Jesus is the embodiment of truth. He didn't come to just teach the truth, he is the truth himself. So dwell more on his teachings if you want to understand spiritual things that are not revealed to the physical senses.

The teachings of our Lord Jesus reveals hell fire exist. I have quoted most of them and you choose not to believe them.

Remember, Jesus said we will be judged by the words he spoken;

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

This has nothing to do with emotions my friend, you need accurate knowledge regarding all these things.
Jesus only came to confirm that God's promises regarding everlasting life, resurrection of the dead {John 11:43-44 compare Psalms 88:10} blind will regain sight, deaf will speak {John 9:6-11 compare to Isaiah 29:18} lame will walk {John 5:8-9 compare to Isaiah 35:6} there will be plenty of food {Matthew 14:16-21 compare to Psalms 72:16} pain will be no more {Matthew 12:13 compare to Revelations 21:4} so this is what Jesus meant by the fulfilment of God's promises that he has come to instill in the minds of Jacob's children.

But regarding the condition of the dead and what will be the reward of sin, Jesus never contradicts God's word {Matthew 5:17} God's judgment regarding sinners remain the same, unrepentant sinners will return to dust just like Adam no more no less! Romans 6:7 compare to Genesis 3:19

So if you're reading Jesus' words that seems to contradict the words of the same God who inspired those people to pen down what Jesus came to confirm, then know that it's Jesus' illustrations you're having problems with. Those prophets are not perfect like Jesus but when it comes to what God inspired them to pen down, it is authentic! Act 26:27

God bless you! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! Dream Of Eating Fried Egg / Is It True That Okro Soup Can Destroy Your Destiny? / Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.