Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,041 members, 7,863,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:44 AM

Please Help Me Before I Die - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me Before I Die (3391 Views)

If I Die Today, My Kids Will Only Inherit 2,350 Naira / Please I Need Help Before I Run Mad. My Husband.... / Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by MMXX: 12:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
Oyindamolah:
Sir, if I was fine it could pull through I wouldn't be here in the first place. Yes we can feed but not convinently, I have 6 mouth to feed monthly even though they had to take up menaial jobs just to get by, it not been easy.
Call your mom and your first Son(You said you're the first female child) and you'll should decide what decision to take,if selling either property is the right step to take..Developers would have been the best step to take but that in its own takes time to materialize and to get a genuine developer is a huge task this days..

@ the bolded
Be strong and patient for your families sake..You've indirectly inherented your families burdens..Esp if the other 5 are younger than you..Pray for wisdom and strength to go on..cos at a point one gets tired and frustrated.. But you have to be strong, focus and never give up..Deprive yourself unnecessary frivolities and never compare yourself to your peer group as you'll are not in the same situation..

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Leezah(f): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2020
crackhaus:

Property 2 (with a roof) seems more like a building that will cost less to complete when compared to property 1.

The locations should also determine which of the two you can sell for the most profit.
She sighted reasons why the mom wants Property 1.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Leezah(f): 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
TheEnlightenedO:
Two things,
You could either find a real estate developer who would invest and help complete both for a shared ratio of the generated revenue in terms of rent for a few years and then the property would be handed over fully back to you, note you would retain ownership and have a fully developed property while it is also appreciating in value for a few years. But you need to make sure you have a competent lawyer draft your agreement with the said developer. Please people do it even abroad.

Or
You could sell one and use the funds to start completing the other but I would tell you from experience what you estimate you would need is never what you would truly need to finish that building and you also have to think of running costs so it is also best you try to rent a part of it out to generate money
Options 1 will be very difficult in present Nigeria. It will take time to materialize + seeing a trustworthy developer that wouldn't take advantage of her.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Leezah(f): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
dingbang:
Get married so that your husband will complete it for you. You cannot come and go and come back again to kill yourself.
Op don't listen to this advise. It is a gateway to depression.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by iamoyindamola(m): 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
Oyindamolah:
Good morning Familanders!

I lost my dad a few years ago. It's been very difficult but we having been pushing through. I am in my early 20's with 5 sibling.

Dad left some properties for us. I happened to be the first female child.

Property 1
Is almost completed to decking level no windows and doors. It has not been plastered or floored, JUST sand filled. We currently occupy group flat in this property.

Property 2
Is an uncompleted building with roof.

I have my mum with underlying illness and 5 siblings to cater for.

I currently work but the money is not enough to to even complete the current abode or property 2.

Please, What do I do?
Sell off one of the properties, finish the other and start a side business with the remaining money

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Pascopele: 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Sell off one of the properties, finish the other and start a side business with the remaining money
What are you saying? Read the op's post again but this time gently.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by iamoyindamola(m): 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2020
Pascopele:
What are you saying? Read the op's post again but this time gently.
Not my fault you don't understand
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2020
dingbang:
Get married so that your husband will complete it for you. You cannot come and go and come back again to kill yourself.

Possible if the husband has built a house for his own father and mother.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by TheEnlightenedO(m): 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
Leezah:
Options 1 will be very difficult in present Nigeria. It will take time to materialize + seeing a trustworthy developer that wouldn't take advantage of her.

Very true, the goal would be to find a developer who would be held to stringent rules based on the MoU signed between them, hence why I advised she have a good lawyer if she chooses that route but I think if she looks into it, depending on the location and it’s selling point, she could get one or two individuals who have spare 5-10m and are looking to tie it up somewhere. But she would need to be on beat so they do not take advantage of her

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by TheEnlightenedO(m): 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2020
Very true but it would actually be faster than the process of getting a good and willing buyer for either of the buildings and then the process of actually completing the place because one might estimate she needs 4m to complete the place to habitable standards and because of the current uncertain state of the economy she ends up needing a lot more than that. It happened to me in 2018, nonsense contractor told me I would only need 400k to renovate an apartment a tenant of mine had moved out of and left in terrible shape, by the time I got to tile installations again for the 3 bedroom place, I had spent over 1m, I just started making profits off the place this year but the standard of the place was worth the money spent.

MMXX:
Call your mom and your first Son(You said you're the first female child) and you'll should decide what decision to take,if selling either property is the right step to take..Developers would have been the best step to take but that in its own takes time to materialize and to get a genuine developer is a huge task this days..

@ the bolded
Be strong and patient for your families sake..You've indirectly inherented your families burdens..Esp if the other 5 are younger than you..Pray for wisdom and strength to go on..cos at a point one gets tired and frustrated.. But you have to be strong, focus and never give up..Deprive yourself from unnecessary frivolities and never compare yourself to your peer group as you'll are not in the same situation..

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by TheEnlightenedO(m): 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2020
Husband wey go convert the documents to him own name then divorce you lol... Don’t even try it, whatever you and your siblings are entitled to belong to just you guys, not any husband or wife, you and your husband will build your own
emmanuelewumi:

Possible if the husband has built a house for his own father and mother.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2020
TheEnlightenedO:
Husband wey go convert the documents to him own name then divorce you lol... Don’t even try it, whatever you and your siblings are entitled to belong to just you guys, not any husband or wife, you and your husband will build your own

Some ladies take marriage as a poverty alleviation program.

8 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by crackhaus: 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
Leezah:
She sighted reasons why the mom wants Property 1.
What is the best solution in your opinion?
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by OBelz(f): 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
Op! I understand how you feel at the moment, carrying so many responsibilities at a very young age and at the same time wanting to be educated.

Firstly, your mom health is very important and should be given all the necessary attention.

Secondly, be wary of those sending you a pm claiming to be a survey or developer because I see you very young and not well experienced in life, whatever you do, ensire you run It by your mom

Thirdly, you mum choose property 1 for reasons best know to her, take out time to find out why, it could be your dad did it to cater for her and offsprings.

Finally, don't be in a rush to take any rash decision the naira is falling and the cost if living has skyrocketed/are getting expensive.

Decision like this involve a trusted family members preferably from your mother's side.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by OBelz(f): 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2020
TheEnlightenedO:
How are you sure of the husband will do sure? She is not even married and you are already assuming the husband will convert the property.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by lavylilly: 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2020
yomi007k:

Are you?
No, am just surprised as to how unmarried people would give advice to married people.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by lavylilly: 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2020
MMXX:
It will be a contracted marriage and most often will not end well,unless she's lucky to find an understanding partner.. But at this current age she's in,I still think [b]she's naive and would be exploited[b/]
I am very sure that why she came to NL. Marriage can't solve her situation it will worsen it.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by yomi007k(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
lavylilly:
No, am just surprised as to how unmarried people would give advice to married people.

Since you are not married, you shouldnt also give marital advice.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Oyindamolah: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Thank you very much. What type of business do you suggest?
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Oyindamolah: 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
crackhaus:

Property 2 (with a roof) seems more like a building that will cost less to complete when compared to property 1.

The locations should also determine which of the two you can sell for the most profit.
Property 1 Ogun.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Leezah(f): 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2020
crackhaus:

What is the best solution in your opinion?
This is a financial security and survival issues.
She should check the cost of completing the property 1& 2 then do a cost benefits analysis.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by crackhaus: 3:13pm On Sep 05, 2020
Leezah:
This is a financial security and survival issues.
She should check the cost of completing the property 1& 2 then do a cost benefits analysis.
Right, so las las it doesn't matter which property the mother wants...

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by crackhaus: 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2020
Oyindamolah:
Property 1 Ogun.
What I mean by location isn't the state, but the specific environment where the properties are located in relation to sale-value.

Oyindamolah:
Thank you but completing property 1 is very expensive. The cost if completing property 2 is cheaper compared to Property 1 but mum says it will be unfair:
1. to my siblings because if their schooling
2. Dad because property 1 was his plan for us
3. Property 2 is very far from town with infrastructure especially for her medicals.

Well since there's some sentimental attachment to P1, you can sell P2, then use a part of what you get from the sale to fix up just the portion of P1 where you and your family are living in right now (which I believe is the ground floor), at least to make it more habitable.

You don't have to complete the entire building up to the roofing level if it will be too expensive.

Whatever you have left from the sale of P2 can be saved or better invested into a profitable venture.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by SweetCunt97(f): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2020
Oyindamolah:

I lost my dad a few years ago. It's been very difficult but we having been pushing through. I am in my early 20's with 5 sibling.

Property 1
Is almost completed to decking level no windows and doors. It has not been plastered or floored, JUST sand filled. We currently occupy group flat in this property.

Property 2

I currently work but the money is not enough to to even complete the current abode or property 2.

Please, What do I do?
Sell property 2.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Leezah(f): 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2020
crackhaus:

Right, so las las it doesn't matter which property the mother wants...
it does to an extend because it was the mom that was with the dad when the where planning the future.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Fastt: 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
Sell the two property and leave the shit hole. The country is doomed anyway. Go get an American soldier,(they are everywhere online) and get a better life for you and your family.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Leezah(f): 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
Fastt:
Sell the two property and leave the shit hole. The country is doomed anyway. Go get an American soldier,(they are everywhere online) and get a better life for you and your family.
You a loose cannon.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Oyindamolah: 11:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
crackhaus:

What I mean by location isn't the state, but the specific environment where the properties are located in relation to sale-value.

Well since there's some sentimental attachment to P1, you can sell P2, then use a part of what you get from the sale to fix up just the portion of P1 where you and your family are living in right now (which I believe is the ground floor), at least to make it more habitable.

You don't have to complete the entire building up to the roofing level if it will be too expensive.

Whatever you have left from the sale of P2 can be saved or better invested into a profitable venture.
What business do I venture? Ideas are welcome.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Pojomojo: 11:44am On Sep 06, 2020
Op do what best for you.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by frozen70(f): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
Oyindamolah:

Property 1

Property 2

Please, What do I do?

If you have the documents discuss with your family and sell the one you don't want and use the money to complete the ones your family want, put part of it for rent and treat your mum for her to live for you people

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by frozen70(f): 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Oyindamolah:
Thank you which one should I sell?

Any one your and your family like most, keep it and sell the other one but you must consider the proximity to the city or town of your choice

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by crackhaus: 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2020
Oyindamolah:
What business do I venture? Ideas are welcome.
This is totally up to you my dear.

What you think you can do and be really good at, this is what you should dabble in.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Neighbor Just Gave Birth To The 6th Child Inside One Room / xxxxx / RIP!!! Africa's Richest Man "Aliko Dangote" Loses Daughter To Cancer [photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.