Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (28180 Views)

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? / Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Niceapple: 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
I will advice hair dressing because ladies believe guys are better at making hair, and prefer them to make their hair especially dreadlocks and fixing of weavons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Ivinefeet: 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
blingxx:

male ...hairdressing ? undecided

The best hair stylists in Nigeria and even in the world are male

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by InvertedHammer: 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
/
It depends on your ego.

If you are humble, go for hairdraising because it won't be easy hanging out with ladies all day and listening to women. Before you know it, you will start acting like a lady.

But if you have overinflated ego, become a tailor aka fashion designer. You will feel very important from the numerous heartbreaks due to missed deadlines. Tune up your lies because you will need it to cover all the disappointments you will be dishing out.

/

2 Likes

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Teetop22(f): 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
My dear people would bring different suggestion...go for the one you have interest in else you'll waste months on the wrong thing. And pray to God to bless it for you.
nastyking:
Hair dressing vs Tailoring which is advisable to learn for a 20 year old guy. All opinions are acceptable

2 Likes

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by sweetrace(f): 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
nastyking:
Hair dressing vs Tailoring which is advisable to learn for a 20 year old guy. All opinions are acceptable
What are you interested in personally? Where do your talents lie? Anyway tailoring gives you more versatility and more earning power.
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by yocreo: 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
Well both skills are marketable, you can go for the one you have stronger passion for.. If you love challenges, I would suggest tailoring. May God guide you through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
I'll advise you go for hair dressing cos tailoring is time consuming. As in... It requires your all. Plus if you juxtapose both cons, youll see that tailorings is higher and more demanding.

If you make a mistake on a hair style, you can still maneuver and easily correct it but if you try same with a clothe, you'll have to buy it especially if your client is a no nonsense person. And you know how expensive some materials can be. Considering time wasted again. Again Tailoring can be very stressful!!!! Plus pick up time which can cause hypertension if you dont meet up.

Go for hair dressing. Its still time friendly and less stressful. Also very lucrative and fast selling in and out of season than tailoring which is most times seasonal.

2 Likes

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Igolonwaanyi(f): 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
Tony142:

None, both of them are mainly for ladies, go and learn babing saloon

Both of them are what?

Mr man you need to be schooled.

Gone are the days when a profession is termed 'Gender based' or seen as one meant for just one gender.

Wake up.

Barbing saloon?? Like you don't see the influx of ladies in that profession too?

2 Likes

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by YurFatHer: 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
SukaBlyat:
Go and learn how to carry cement and block.
this nairaland sef. nothing wey yurfather no go see for nairaland
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by frozen70(f): 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
nastyking:

Tailoring is good because people will always sew their clothes especially the native ones

Hair dressing salon will be the best 8f you will focus on the skills of hair making

Women patronaises men who dies hair with total concentration

But you have to be strict and diplomatic if not women will rake you down
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by hustla(m): 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Hair dressing, add it all the “shakara” stuff ladies are into these days. Nails, brows, makeup, etc.

Currently, ladies make their hair more than they sew clothes. I don’t know sha, I will go for hairdressing if it were me. Learn wig-making too.

LOL If i hear
Even Madman dey wear cloth

Cloth na basic stuff, just like food .. you can carry ya hair without making it, buy you dare not wear clothes

1 Like

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Danenergy: 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
Tailoring
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by adecamp(m): 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
How many successful Tailors do you know.
How many successful hairdressers do you know.
I guess this enough
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Goldenheart(m): 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
Learn both
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Openbusiness: 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
Learn the one you have passion for
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Danielmegg(m): 6:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
Baba go learn

correct shoe making

1 Like

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by pocohantas(f): 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
hustla:

LOL If i hear
Even Madman dey wear cloth

Cloth na basic stuff, just like food .. you can carry ya hair without making it, buy you dare not wear clothes

Tailoring is very seasonal. Hairdressing could be too, but not as bad as tailoring. Tailors and their disappointments have made people stop sewing. In the past I sew all my office shirts and pants, it did fit well, but the disappointment of the tailor made me stop and switch to ready-to-wear gowns. A decision I do not regret. Mad men wear clothes, but they do not buy fabrics to sew them.

Baby girls would rather shop many mini gowns and jeans on IG than sew 1 native wear. Except those ones that buy asoebis and attend 3 weddings every weekend. They done dey get sense sef and toning down on the asoebi craze. Tailoring now na connect o. They have a circle and patronize themselves.
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by hustla(m): 7:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Tailoring is very seasonal. Hairdressing could be too, but not as bad as tailoring. Tailors and their disappointments have made people stop sewing. In the past I sew all my office shirts and pants, it did fit well, but the disappointment of the tailor made me stop and switch to ready-to-wear gowns. A decision I do not regret. Mad men wear clothes, but they do not buy fabrics to sew them.

Baby girls would rather shop many mini gowns and jeans on IG than sew 1 native wear. Except those ones that buy asoebis and attend 3 weddings every weekend. They done dey get sense sef and toning down on the asoebi craze. Tailoring now na connect o. They have a circle and patronize themselves.

Well, true also

If you can stand apart and not disappoint, you will make your money

I am a guy and cant really argue much grin
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by haiti007(m): 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
blingxx:

male ...hairdressing ? undecided
I've friends that are into it, they make huge sums. Most ladies actually prefer a man to make their hair than their female counterparts.

My boss at work and her three daughters use a male hair stylist

1 Like

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by gabicon: 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2020
nastyking:

It shouldn't be about which is better cos they are both great careers, it should be more about which are you passionate about. In every career path there are times that things would get intense and difficult, what would see you through in those periods are passion, tenacity and drive.
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by passiveincome01: 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
You can learn both
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by joepepsy(m): 7:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
Some of you ask foolish questions,how will people know your passion, this generation will go down as the most useless.
nastyking:
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Nadaken: 7:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
nastyking:
go for hair dressing especially women own

Ladies would continue to do hair till death and if you as a guy can do that it earns even more for the reverse sex.

You can get home service or even goddies from girls while on their hair for hours

Tailoring is boring, stressful and just one time content with customer
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by osazsky(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Irrespective of what u learn master the art in totality..I have seen someone that built four bedroom flat,sent two of her children overseas with common acara and pap..I repeat master the art..pray follow ur heart..people have good handwork but they remain poor cuz every penny they make will end in a beer parlour on fri night

2 Likes

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Offpoint: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Righteousness89:
Learn whatever gives u Joy..
If I am to Advice u, I'll say go for Tailoring...
I'm glad you subconsciously took my advice. It shouldn't be on only tragic and disaster threads you comment.
Good one you listen
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by lexy2014: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
nastyking:

Which one do u like or prefer?

1 Like

Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by esthervera(f): 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
ʟɛaʀռɨռɢ sɦօʊʟɖ ռօt ɮasɛ օռ քɛօքʟɛs օքɨռɨօռ ɮʊt քɛʀsօռaʟ ɖɛċɨsɨօռ,ʟɛaʀռɨռɢ sɦօʊʟɖ ɮa aɮօʊt աɦat ʏօʊ ʟօʋɛ ɖօɨռɢ aռɖ ɦօա ʄaʀ ʏօʊ ċaռ ɢօ tօ aċċօʍքʟɨsɦ ɨt.
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by maxdi(m): 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
All na werk. Both you've got to package yaself well.
Few seamstress dey excel well some dey even do online videos of their stuff as side hustl, and e dey pay Dem
As per haidressing you fir diversify like tailoring, no simultaneous job cut. But you're damn good. You can as well go into with making.
Ladies go wear dust n wear wig till end of days, especially the office ones.
Good luck whichever way
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by thomasyanky(m): 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
Tailoring
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Dpaulie(m): 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2020
None, people too plenty wey Dey do both of them
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Oizee(f): 7:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Oh jah rastafari!

How can somebody learn "babing saloon"

*sigh* The sort of things I see these days.
lol, but u sure know what he's talking about, that's Nigeria slang
Re: Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Samswags9(m): 7:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
Im a 20 yrs old guy too and I've been learning hair styling for 2 months now, pending school resumption.
I don't think you'll ever regret it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Degrees And Work Experience Are Disregarded In America. Why? / Mikano Retrenches Workers It Once Recalled / 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.