Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,402 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? (52763 Views)

Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) / UK Or Canada Which Should I Choose; Study Abroad / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by olujastro: 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mbdovey:
So, I got talking with a senior friend about challenges most new migrat faced in Canada and US. After several discussion, this got my attention. According to her, it's very difficult to get married or come in contact with a prospective life partner. As most Nigerian's single ladies are over age but no husband.
How true is the above statement?
Are there most Nigerian's single ladies than single men?
As a single Nigerian in Canada or US, is it really difficult finding a life partner (a Nigerian partner to be precise)?

Is it adviseable to get married to a Nigerian partner before going, what if the marriage fail due to long distance?

What's the possibility of seeing more black (Nigerians) to mingle?

What part has large number of Nigerians?

Because it's good to plan every aspect of one's life.

I remember seeing a similar topic here sometime ago... so I had this conversation with four Nigerian ladies I hanged out with last month who have been in Canada for about ten years. I met them through a friend, another Nigerian lady who was my classmate in Nigeria. I'm less than a year old in Canada.

The problem is Nigerian ladies want to have it all even in a country where they have limited options.

They want a guy who has to be Nigerian (who can put up with their entitlement mentality), a guy from their tribe alone, a guy with a great job (not a struggling guy), etc.
They just want it all even when toasters are not easily present unlike in Nigeria, until they cross 30 and start feeling a bit more desperate.

Plus their shakara ehn, no be here. They feel they have over achieved by being abroad, the usual vainness that comes with being Nigerian.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Gamesmart: 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mbdovey:
I didn't say kids. At old age, your partner will still be with you. Having a gist mate, a companion, a friend who loves you in old age is beautiful. Let's stop hyping lonely life as if it's preferable.

You are definitely projecting your personal worries.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Barbsamiin: 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2020
[quote author=omhor post=93715886][/quote] lols, guess and estimate it yourself.
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Gamesmart: 6:42pm On Sep 08, 2020
lionlee216:
Dating African(Nigerians to be precise) is like an headache over here.. when I first got here, the first Nigerian lady I met, our conversation ended within minutes.

Girl : how long have you been here?
Me : less than a year
Girl : Do you have green card
Me : No
Girls stop responding grin

In the grocery store/Mall
Me: Hi, You look beautiful. Whats your name ?
AA : Thank you, that's wonderful sweet. My name is Tisha
Me: Can I have your number and call you sometime?
AA : Sure. There you go OR I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend.

The AAs are very straightforward in their conversation. They wont come to you with bills and other bullshit. They got their shit together.

Me : Whats up, whsts your plan for the tomorrow/weekend
Nigerian Girl: I dont have free time. I'm always busy.
Me : Oh, I'm thinking if we can hangout for a bit
Girl : Why?
Me : Nevermind

One thing is AA makes is very easy for Nigerian guys to ask them out. They are always friendly. Its either they like you or they don't.

Dating Nigerian girls will be like Lionlee, I told u about my bills, how much do u want to be helping me with monthly grin

The moment they get laid, they automatically assume you are in relationship.

Nigerian Girl : where are you? Look at the time. Do you know the last time you called me last? You just chatting me since 4hrs ago?

AA : What's up babe, i haven't heard from you and I guess you are busy. Carry on with your day. Text me when you can. Miss you.

The list is so unending.. The sweetest thing that can ever happen to you is to date an AA woman that is educated(At least Bachelor degree).

If i grew up here, i for sure know I will never get married. Me getting here opened my eye to marriage. Why get married when you can always get everything in a marriage with your partner without getting married?

I really feel for Single/Unmarried Nigerian girls here. I really do.

The one i met last was 37yrs. You clearly put on your dating app you are looking for something serious. You gave me your number. Response always slow, add me to whatsapp, You no gree! Send me some of your pictures, Na wahala saying she doesn't take pictures. Ask AA girls for pictures, you will see a mature response. After sending pictures they will tell you when the pics were taken and location.

Advice for my Nigerian girls? Have a white friend and AA as friend and learn from them grin

#OkBye

With all you just said, Bleep NIGERIAN GIRLS!

I would not touch them with a barge-pole.

The quality difference vs AA is just clear!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Gamesmart: 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Its very annoying bro.
I met a white babe online and she came all the way to pick me and take me out. Cos of corona drive test is suspended where i am. Babe saw my uber bills and was like just gimme a call i will come pick you when you free.

9ja babe own, i just came few months ago or i dont drive yet. Equals stop chatting lol

To hell with them!

The part that lionlee highlighted that got on my nerve is:

What a purely stupid question.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by wjxavier(m): 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2020
True. The girls are mostly fat, lazy, excessively tattooed...and smoke weed like it’s going out of fashion.

And then they say “I want a man that’ll love me for who I YAM”. grin grin grin grin

And to make matters worse, they have no qualms walking out at the slightest irritation, taking the man’s wealth with them. It’s a business sef.

Don’t quote me. I know what I know.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by TalkCity: 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2020
I believe there are nice ladies out there that are just unlucky, I don't mind marrying one. I like my nigerian girls biko.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by HBB1(m): 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2020
trilobite:
Nigerian girls are not serious abroad!!!
They arrive with an entitlement mindset and expect the men to worship the ground they walk on.

One got shocked when I told her how foreign girls and were cooking and baking cakes for our Nigerian brothers even without a relationship offer from them, while she was staying indoors all day waiting for man to come and meet her.

If you arrive in a new land better dump that Nigerian mindset and be friendly. Also dump this mindset of "men are scum", don't double date (we know y'all like doing this rubbish back home) and keep an open mind.

Cheers.

Nobody has taken care of me like abroad girls!

grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by HBB1(m): 6:57pm On Sep 08, 2020
bezimo:

I live in Canada and most of the Nigerian girls I have seen were very disappointing with their stupid bitch behaviour so white girl became the way forward and it's been great.

Nigerian girls carry their selfish self-entitled behaviour into oboiyigbo thinking it will be the same not knowing 9ja men now have options unlike when they were in 9ja..they can meet/date white girls..they can meet/date other African girls which happens so what would you think will become the lot of these 9ja girls..singlehood to stupour offcourse...

Even in church my pastor is like so you no see any 9ja girl here to align with.Another guy too abandoned 9ja girls and went to carry one fine white girl no gree come church again. Pastor dey vex for am.. I am like sir you don't know these 9ja girls oh.

Oyinbo girls make sense abeg!

Run from the crazy ones though!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by bukatyne(f): 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2020
Barbsamiin:
OP, Finding nigerian is a good idea as oneday matters may likely arise, so these are the places with the large number of nigerians in CA if you want to find one.

Ontario- 29,600 nigerians

Alberta- 13,000 nigerians

Manitoba- 3,900 nigerians

British Columbia- 3,100 nigerians

Good Luck.
How many are men? Single? Responsible? Ready to marry? Gay?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by link2jude(m): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2020
Interested
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by link2jude(m): 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2020
Clothingonline9:
I have a link for Nigeria singles guys working class ready to marry ladies living in Canada or America

Interested
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by MemoriesAndMe: 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mbdovey:
You mean they don't prefer marry Nigerian's single women who based there? But why?
Many try to avoid the drama that comes with marrying Nigerians - like having their relatives move in with you whenever they come overseas, paying their siblings school fees back home, taking care of their aged parents, inlaw demands, exorbitant bride prices some areas in Nigeria are known for etc while u have ur own immediate family to cater for. You dont experience all that when married to folks from other races.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Hollusilva28(m): 7:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mbdovey:
So, I got talking with a senior friend about challenges most new migrat faced in Canada and US. After several discussion, this got my attention. According to her, it's very difficult to get married or come in contact with a prospective life partner. As most Nigerian's single ladies are over age but no husband.
How true is the above statement?
Are there most Nigerian's single ladies than single men?
As a single Nigerian in Canada or US, is it really difficult finding a life partner (a Nigerian partner to be precise)?

Is it adviseable to get married to a Nigerian partner before going, what if the marriage fail due to long distance?

What's the possibility of seeing more black (Nigerians) to mingle?

What part has large number of Nigerians?

Because it's good to plan every aspect of one's life.

can you marry me ,am currently living in Nigeria. let's get to know each other cos am single. I need to get out of naija, am already tired. if only you trust me. message me back, if interested
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Pacesetter123(m): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Nigerian are getting married to each other and some other races. And yes there are a lot a single ladies and guys too. Over here dating apps or match making are your best bet. I have related with foreigners and Nigerian on dating apps and singles group. The younger Nigerian ladies seems to all have the same thing in common they want a financially stable guy ( typical Goldding trait from 9ja). if you tell foreign gals you just landed and still settling they wont stop talking to you, one came all the way to take me out with her car just to chill tho as a friend. If you tell a Nigerian lady that they would like stop talking to you and cant waste her fuel to come see you. Also the culture here is different unlike in Africa where different men will chase and toast you daily. majority of men here wont do that so woman has to make the move ( our 9ja sisters will say over my dead body). Some will marry, those married ones too some will divorce, some too will be single for a long time. In the West marriage and relationship is not a must. A man can lose his house, pay mortgage, child support and spousal support. many have turned gay or avoided marriage completely. it does not favour men. Everything marriage brings can be gotten while being unmarried. so why marry in the west men are last in the pyramid and have no say during divorce and custody.

Hierarchy of importance in the west

kids
Seniors/oldies
women
pets
wood/stone/plant
man
grin grin grin grin grin
Wot type of hierarchical order is dis?

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by bukatyne(f): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2020
lionlee216:
Dating African(Nigerians to be precise) is like an headache over here.. when I first got here, the first Nigerian lady I met, our conversation ended within minutes.

The AAs are very straightforward in their conversation. They wont come to you with bills and other bullshit. They got their shit together.

One thing is AA makes is very easy for Nigerian guys to ask them out. They are always friendly. Its either they like you or they don't.

Dating Nigerian girls will be like Lionlee, I told u about my bills, how much do u want to be helping me with monthly grin

Nigerian Girl : where are you? Look at the time. Do you know the last time you called me last? You just chatting me since 4hrs ago?

AA : What's up babe, i haven't heard from you and I guess you are busy. Carry on with your day. Text me when you can. Miss you.

The list is so unending.. The sweetest thing that can ever happen to you is to date an AA woman that is educated(At least Bachelor degree).

If i grew up here, i for sure know I will never get married. Me getting here opened my eye to marriage. Why get married when you can always get everything in a marriage with your partner without getting married?

The one i met last was 37yrs. You clearly put on your dating app you are looking for something serious. You gave me your number. Response always slow, add me to whatsapp, You no gree! Send me some of your pictures, Na wahala saying she doesn't take pictures. Ask AA girls for pictures, you will see a mature response. After sending pictures they will tell you when the pics were taken and location.

Advice for my Nigerian girls? Have a white friend and AA as friend and learn from them grin

#OkBye

Interesting conversation.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by bukatyne(f): 7:10pm On Sep 08, 2020
ednut1:
Is it even easy finding a spouse in Nigeria Lets start from there.

grin
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by bukatyne(f): 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2020
GboyegaD:

Both the men and women have expectations which may not be real. Imagine the ladies wanting a man who is Nigerian and Canadian (he pays all the bills as a Nigerian and does house chores, pushes the cart, run the errands as Canadian husband) at the same time and same for the women (she should share the bills as Canadian and she should take care of the home and be super submissive as the Nigerian wife).

cheesy
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by BlueOrange: 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
lionlee216:

#OkBye

grin
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by bukatyne(f): 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
GboyegaD:

People need to learn and life based on their society. I have friends like the men you mentioned but thanks to the Nigerian group in my city. They try to quickly let the men understand it is a new terrain and you just need to learn. One was always complaining about baby sitting now, he tells you he isn't interested in too many hang outs because he needs play with his kids. His focus has changed within two years. Many crashing marriages is due to selfishness like the case of the lady you mentioned. We all should learn we are a team and not individuals.

Well, they are in Nigeria now.

Wants all the pecks of the traditional system without the limitations/disadvantages. On another hand, wants all the pecks of the modern marriage without the limitations/disadvantages.

They will be alright.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Torie8(f): 7:16pm On Sep 08, 2020
Barbsamiin:
OP, Finding nigerian is a good idea as oneday matters may likely arise, so these are the places with the large number of nigerians in CA if you want to find one.

Ontario- 29,600 nigerians

Alberta- 13,000 nigerians

Manitoba- 3,900 nigerians

British Columbia- 3,100 nigerians

Good Luck.
Thanks for that cos I might be moving to Canada early next year.
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Gamesmart: 7:16pm On Sep 08, 2020
Tatashi:
I can never move to Canada or US and look for a Nigerian/African Man to marry. I dey crase? What happened to finding a God fearing Handsome Caucasian? How can you move to a developed well advanced country and search for a Nigerian man to marry... Men that are backward and misogynistic in nature. Go to America and see how Nigerian Men are slaughtering their hardworking wives esp Nurses. Pls if you want to live long as a woman you better run away from black men oh. There's this special type of jealousy they carry. God forbid

Statistically, the handsome ones are not attracted to black women of any background.

So that is like looking for an Igbo man in Mongolia. There might be, but they will be very few.

Caucasian men are generally attracted to Caucasian women, followed by Orientals, then Latinas, other races before Black women of any background.

So odds are not that good.

You easily can end up with a Caucasian, but the chances he is handsome is as low as Buhari making Nigerian economy as good as South Africa's by 2023.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by vikgreen01(m): 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
lionlee216:

#OkBye

I sent u a mail bro

Wow I'm impressed I have noticed this about AA Or the whites through chats they are just to lenient...
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2020
Petyprincess:
Too much generalisation nd bashing of Nigerian ladies on this forum! Even those that married old white granny or African American single mum with multiple baby daddies for green card will still bash Nigerian women grin

Op don't be scared or worried,dnt let anyone make you feel Nigerian ladies aren't desirable in foreign country! As long as you not conversative about your culture you will definitely get a man,forget all stories they putting up here, upon "I don't do Nigerian girls" they still sending pms to same Nigerian women!

They love bashing Nigerian girls because they know the abroad based ones with green card are wise nd can easily know their intentions unlike desperate AA Or white granny!

Don't mind them, the same Nigerian men won't let one rest here. So many of them on my list.. But on nairaland they talk trash about Nigerian women abroad. But in reality they will be begging us they want to wife a Nigerian woman.Saying the AA women are not Marraigable.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by MiaBeer(m): 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2020
dingbang:
Must you marry Nigerian? There are several other races in america to marry from.

What a dumb question to ask. Is your mother not a Nigerian? Do you live outside Nigeria?
What is wrong with someone who live in a foreign land marrying someone from the same Country.
You are the type that will go there, forget your people, your roots and get lost.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2020
Habinibi:
Pls how can I get access to all this white grannies or not too old ones among them. Let's say 40+. Pls help save a life here, I need one. Pls and pls
There is a dating app for 40+ you'll find your spec there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by MiaBeer(m): 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2020
Hollusilva28:
can you marry me ,am currently living in Nigeria. let's get to know each other cos am single. I need to get out of naija, am already tired. if only you trust me. message me back, if interested

You people sef cheesy cheesy grin You just managed to count your chicks before they are hatched. No wonder why you are still single and tired grin

7 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mbdovey:
Marrying a Nigerian is good to me. My thought though
there lots of nigerians both men and women living and working in canada so u shouldnt a issue getting a nigerian life partner if u living there

3 Likes

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
79733139:
A lot of single Nigerian men in Canada are NOT going out of their way to look for Nigerian women to marry (or even Nigerians to become friends with). Those Nigerian men have friends of other races and girlfriends (and wives) of other races.
its their choice
Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Funjosh(m): 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
I am single and ready to marry. Either you are based in Canada or USA am available.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Gamesmart: 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2020
eejo:
There are many Nigerian ladies looking for Husband in the UK too. Overseas you spend most of your time in the office and you can't afford to spend your rest days looking for a partner. I personally know many who are ready to marry but no husband and I have suggested they should spend their vacation in Nigeria and others Countries in search of Husbands.

You spend most of your time at work, how can such a man when he wants to date a woman have time for rude, immature or time-wasting girls.

He asks her out on a date and she responds "Why?".

What a childish Naija girl question. Tell her to go to hell and look for someone that you will enjoy her company with your precious limited time.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2020
Princedapace:

It is not important to u but important to her na.

Allow her enjoy her importance. Some humans want to get married, make babies and raise families. That is their choice. That is important to them. Why are some of u trying to sound woke?

Marriage is not important to u, that is fine. It is important to her, that is fine too.

My dear lady op, pls ur questions are valid. May God grant u ur heart desire.
its not a do or die affair. Many ladies today cant find husband. Should they den be depressed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! / Helicopter Flying Couple To The Airport For Honeymoon Crashes In Texas (Photos) / ‘zombie Snake’ Spotted In NC Park (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.