Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia (76945 Views)

EPL: Ronaldo Told To Leave Man Utd, Form ‘formidable Partnership’ At New Club / Little Boy Celebrates Goal While Watching Match On TV, Got People Laughing / Modric Reveals What Ronaldo Told Him After Winning UEFA Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by obembet(f): 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo was given a stern reminder of the rules on Saturday as a health official told him to wear his face-mask whilst watching his country beat Croatia in the UEFA Nations League.

Juventus star Ronaldo, who sat out the encounter with a toe infection, was present in the stands as Portugal thumped World Cup runners-up Croatia 4-1 in Porto, with Manchester City defender Joao Cancelo scoring a stunner for the hosts.

But whether you're one of the world's greatest players or not, you still have to abide by the current rules and the 35-year-old looked somewhat surprised when a health official approached him, but he duly obliged and wore the mask provided.

Ronaldo picked up an infection on his right toe and is set to miss Tuesday's match against Sweden too, with manager Fernando Santos unconvinced that he will be '100 per cent OK' to play.

Speaking to reporters before Saturday's win against Croatia, Santos said: 'I am very doubtful that he will be 100 per cent OK.

'He had been training well, then suddenly on Wednesday one of his toes was red, as if he'd been stung by a bee.

'Now we have to wait. With an infection, you don't know how long the recovery is going to take.'

Missing both games would cause great frustration for Ronaldo as he continues to stay patient in a bid to reach 100 international goals.

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Ronaldo has been stuck on 99 goals for 10 months and this international break on the eve of the new season has provided him with the first opportunity to tally up a century of strikes for Portugal.

His 99th goal came against Luxembourg in a 2-0 Euro 2020 qualifying win on November 17.

Portugal won the Nations League last year with Ronaldo playing a starring role, hitting a hat-trick in the semi-final, and so his absence to start their Nations League defence is a major disappointment for Santos - though the Portuguese did not miss him on Saturday night.

Source:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8703079/amp/Yes-Cristiano-Ronaldo-told-mask-watching-Portugal-beat-Croatia.html

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by Amotolongbo(f): 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Ronaldo has been stuck on 99 goals for 10 months and this international break on the eve of the new season has provided him with the first opportunity to tally up a century of strikes for Portugal.
The commentator even said the match would have been a privilege for Ronaldo to reach goal centurion and the 10th hat trick if he had featured.

It would have been a chance for him to close up on Ali Daei

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2020
Well, that 'health official'... smiley

I know her type. We call them "mother hens".

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by ojaysam25(m): 6:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
The woman wants to catch a glimpse of the GOAT grin....If not for the pandemic ronaldo would have broken that Iran guy record by now... cheesy

143 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by loommoney: 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
Good one from the assistant goat

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by Amotolongbo(f): 6:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
ojaysam25:
The woman wants to catch a glimpse of the GOAT grin....If not for the pandemic ronaldo would have broken that Iran guy record by now... cheesy
It still remains 10goals

10 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by ojaysam25(m): 6:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It still remains 10goals
Yea....he still have alot of time to break it...he is a beast with the national team...had he play this match he would have score at least a brace.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by paulolee(m): 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
nice one...thats why I love these people, protocols must come first no matter who you are..
its jus funny cr7 fans are busy talking abt records asif its soo sure dt he would score even if he played dt game..
cr7 av fired blanks against smaller teams and why the soo much disrespect to worlcup finalist Croatia??

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by paulolee(m): 6:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
mansakhalifa:

she's jus doing her "JOB", irrespective of who is involved..

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by Anaerobi(m): 6:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
let's wait for the day he will score is 100 goal.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
paulolee:

she's jus doing her job..

Yeah. I know, boss

But she sort of reminds me of a fussy lady I used to know.

Almost the same body type.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by paulolee(m): 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
obembet:

Croatia are lucky that Ronaldo didn't play.it would have been HISTORY for Ronaldo and MISERY for Croatia
football isnt dt directional as u think, aving cr7 in dt portugal squad last nite may come with a different approach from both coaches and portugal may not easily win like they did and also having cr7 in that match do not guarantee dt he would score because soo much attention would be given to him by the defenders, dnt jus conclude or get carried away with dt margin..

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
obembet:

Croatia are lucky that Ronaldo didn't play.it would have been HISTORY for Ronaldo and MISERY for Croatia

... or it could still have ended 4-1.

We'll never get to find out what would have been though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by paulolee(m): 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
Anaerobi:
let's wait for the day he will score is 100 goal.
jus leave all of them, talking football asif its that easy to predict, would not be surprised if portugal played a goaless draw assuming cr7 was in dt squad bcox all attention would be on him to score n meet up to dt record which would means more work for croatia to tighten thier defense... if football easy as una dey talk am, Betting companies for don breakdown.

21 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by paulolee(m): 6:39pm On Sep 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The commentator even said the match would have been a privilege for Ronaldo to reach goal centurion and the 10th hat trick if he had featured.

It would have been a chance for him to close up on Ali Daei
and because the commentator said so means dt cr7 MUST score assuming he played dt match??
if football is easy to forcast that commentator would av been the richest punter alive....joker

5 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by Spice1: 6:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nna, Messi apiago Ronaldo Acha-ere!�

8 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by ojaysam25(m): 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
paulolee:

and because the commentator said so means dt cr7 MUST score assuming he played dt match??
if football is easy to forcast that commentator would av been the richest punter alive....joker
It is impossible for Ronaldo not to score in this match...Portugal midfield played excellently not that trash he had at juve

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by Anaerobi(m): 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
paulolee:

jus leave all of them, talking football asif its that easy to predict, would not be surprised if portugal played a goaless draw assuming cr7 was in dt squad bcox all attention would be on him to score n meet up to dt record which would means more work for croatia to tighten thier defense... if football easy as una dey talk am, Betting companies for don breakdown.
that was y Baryen beat Barça... all eyes were on Messi...

11 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by paulolee(m): 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
ojaysam25:

It is impossible for Ronaldo not to score in this match...Portugal midfield played excellently not that trash he had at juve
jus imagine, u now comparing Portugal midfield with juve midfield bcoz cr7 do striggle in juve, no problem bcox i dnt want to start another arguement because i dnt see any midfielder in portugal in comparing with d world class winning midfielder like khedira, matuidi etc dt juve had and am not talking abt form pls..
i still insist dt it isnt a guarantee dt cr7 would score bcoz he had gone blanks against smaller teams than Croatia..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by ojaysam25(m): 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
paulolee:

jus imagine, u now comparing Portugal midfield with juve midfield bcoz cr7 hardly scores for juve bt no problem bcox i dnt want to start another arguement because i dnt see any midfielder in portugal in comparing with dt of juve and am not talking abt form...
i still insist dt it isnt a guarantee dt cr7 would score bcoz he had gone blanks against smaller teams than Croatia..
You call 65goals in less than 75games hardly....anyway I still maintain that this is the best Portugal team since he played for them...he does not need to hustle much like he does in juve...

12 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by lenghtinny(m): 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
Stubborn goat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by emmabest2000(m): 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
King of all Goats ,

Spice1:
Nna, Messi apiago Ronaldo Acha-ere!�

As in

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by ipobarethieves: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
cool d real GOAT not d Billy goat disturbing Baraka peace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by ifecorepublic: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
must he wait to be told?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by Dizzyrascal(m): 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
I love Ororo Sooooo freaking much

But I love @obembet even more, dats why I no dey waste time tell everybody.
kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by darfay: 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Pervvv
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by dannyoung007: 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
Damn niggar
Slawomir where art thou? grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by obonujoker(m): 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
That lady is simply an attention seeker.... Can't blame her though.... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Told To Put On Face-Mask While Watching Portugal Beat Croatia by Enceladus(m): 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
loommoney:
Good one from the assistant goat

grin grin subtle but loud

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: AWCON 2016, Semi Finals. 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Barcelona Squad Left Their Dressing Room Dirty After CL Win (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.