Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

May You Help Me On How To Free Up More Space On My Backup Disk Which Is Now Full - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / May You Help Me On How To Free Up More Space On My Backup Disk Which Is Now Full (827 Views)

Mac-time Machine Backup Disk Does Not Have Ownership Enabled-fixed / How To Free Up Space On Your Stubborn Android Phone Using Sdmovable Apps / Yahoo To Free Up Ids Of Dormant Email Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

May You Help Me On How To Free Up More Space On My Backup Disk Which Is Now Full by Misoki(m): 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2011
I partitioned my hard disk into Local disk C, E, F and G, where G is for back up and restore. The problem is that the G is now full and when I try to delete some files the following msg comes: "There is not enough space on the disk to perform this operation". What shall I do to free up more space and what to do next time that it wont be full easily because it becomes full so easily
Re: May You Help Me On How To Free Up More Space On My Backup Disk Which Is Now Full by ugojeswite(m): 7:53pm On Feb 25, 2011
Do disk clean up. From accessories go to system tools, this will enable you delete downloaded and hidden programs from the net. You can also defragment your disk. I hope this will help.
Re: May You Help Me On How To Free Up More Space On My Backup Disk Which Is Now Full by Misoki(m): 3:38pm On Feb 26, 2011
Thanks! Let me try again on disk clean up and defragmentation though I think defragmentation is set to automatic. I'll check
Re: May You Help Me On How To Free Up More Space On My Backup Disk Which Is Now Full by Misoki(m): 4:06pm On Feb 26, 2011
ugojeswite:

Do disk clean up. From accessories go to system tools, this will enable you delete downloaded and hidden programs from the net. You can also defragment your disk. I hope this will help.

On Disk Cleanup, It says 'Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?' When I click 'Delete' nothing happens!

(1) (Reply)

Black Berry Playbook / Mp3 Converter / How To Join Two Videos Together Using A Simple Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.