Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History (5559 Views)

These Are The Most Expensive Construction Projects In Human History / WOW! These Are The Mostly Deadly & Expensive Construction Mistakes In The World / Only Geniuses Can Find All 26 Mistakes In This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Uyi168: 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2020
1.Tiger Woods cheated on his then-wife Elin Nordegren. The divorce settlement ended up costing him $750 million. That’s a lot of Gatorade.

2.Captain Edward Smith steered the Titanic into an iceberg, sinking the $7.5 million ship. Most devastatingly, many lives were lost.

3.NASA used the metric system to build an orbiter, while Lockheed Systems used the English system. Data couldn’t be transferred, and a $125 million orbiter was lost in space forever.

4.A hunter lit a signal flare, triggering the biggest fire in California history. 300,000 acres destroyed, 2,322 homes lost and 14 people killed. Cost: $1.2 billion.

5.A chamber filled with water used to cool uranium at Three Mile Island, malfunctioned and burst, in the worst nuclear accident in America. Cost: $836.9 million in 1978 (about $2.8b today).

6.5. Immediately on takeoff, faulty equipment doomed a B-2 stealth bomber. America’s most expensive plane at $1.2 billion crashed and was destroyed. Again, $1.2 billion.

7. A BP oil rig (Deepwater Horizon) burst and almost 5 million barrels of oil spilled into the gulf, the largest spill in history. It cost BP nearly $40 billion.

8.In England, an elderly lady won the $181 million Euromillions lottery. Except her husband threw the ticket away. It’s the only time a wife has wished her husband didn’t take out the trash..

9.Regulators turn a blind eye to warnings that a tsunami would destroy the Fukushima Nuclear Plant in Japan. A tsunami struck in 2011, killing over 15,000 and costing $12 billion to shut down the plant..

Source :quora

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Uyi168: 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by hakeem4(m): 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2020
Voting buhari the 2nd time was actually the costliest mistake ever

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Uyi168: 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
hakeem4:
Hakeem,so u join those wey vote bubu for second tenure abii

8 Likes

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by hakeem4(m): 9:15pm On Sep 08, 2020
I think another costly mistake was Ronald Wayne the guy who sold his apple shares for $800 when the company was just starting

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by decatalyst(m): 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2020
Another costly mistake Nigerians consistently make is believing any of these crop of politicians will alleviate poverty and deliver Eldorado.

Costly mistake!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2020
Burning the library of Alexandria in Egypt is the costliest mistake in human history.
It set the world centuries backwards.
Our great great grand father's may have used smart phones in their time.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by haiti007(m): 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2020
10. Buhari's father released into Buhari's mother without using protection, and boom there came Sinzu money

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Telegram234(m): 11:38pm On Sep 08, 2020
The most costliest mistake was when my grandfather refused to follow the british people that colonized us back to their country.
sad .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Emmypure: 12:20am On Sep 09, 2020
tiger wood own na wetin pain me pass, imagine settling that woman who didn't work for anything that amount just for settlement, I dey craze I rather die than part with that money.

11 Likes

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Openbusiness: 1:21am On Sep 09, 2020
Cool thread!
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Jayrockk: 3:18am On Sep 09, 2020
This thread should be in front page, but no, its how Erica shouted at laycon and snake someone will see on front page undecided

6 Likes

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:06am On Sep 09, 2020
Emmypure:
tiger wood own na wetin pain me pass, imagine settling that woman who didn't work for anything that amount just for settlement, I dey craze I rather die than part with that money.
Lol cheesy
A Dead man no dey spend money o!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Onyenna(m): 5:24am On Sep 09, 2020
Emmypure:

Nigger was almost mentally ruined....

I'm happy he was able to bounce back.....

[Just see how Emmanuel Eboue ended up]

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by SODbaba2(m): 5:40am On Sep 09, 2020
2.Captain Edward Smith steered the Titanic into an iceberg, sinking the $7.5 million ship. Most devastatingly, many lives were lost.

OP, always confirm stories before you post

3 Likes

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Bornfool(m): 6:24am On Sep 09, 2020
He no go better for kamaru were hin dey, na hin chase me to go mistakenly jam soilder at the back of barrack and later chop slap wey still dey affect me till now.

I will never make that mistake again to make friends with anybody with the name kamaru.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by lazkizz(m): 6:49am On Sep 09, 2020
the most expensive mistake is for nigeria student, that are waiting for ASUU to call of the strike this year

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Henrodah(m): 6:56am On Sep 09, 2020
How about Hitler not finishing the Brits and french forces while almost encircled at DUNKIRK? And the other greatest mistake of Operation Barbarossa.

6 Likes

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by blingxx(m): 7:14am On Sep 09, 2020
Op what about the chenorbyl disaster.. Abi that one na natural disaster?

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by EXLOVER(m): 7:35am On Sep 09, 2020
The costliest mistake so far is giving 200m people to an old illiterate General to lead

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:52am On Sep 09, 2020
No 7 has a movie about it. That number 1 though, Tiger take him own hand destroy himself.

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by kollinskollins(m): 7:53am On Sep 09, 2020
Another costly mistake is bringing diverse religions to the human race.

5 Likes

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Lecturebidz(m): 8:05am On Sep 09, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
No 7 has a movie about it. That number 1 though, Tiger take him own hand destroy himself.
And to think that the marriage was only four years!!! Damn! Though wiki says it's some $100 million.

3 Likes

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Ayomarcel(m): 8:08am On Sep 09, 2020
Number 1 is false OP. The divorce cost him 100m not 750m.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Haywhymido(m): 8:10am On Sep 09, 2020
hakeem4:
The second greatest and costliest mistake ever in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2020
Lecturebidz:

And to think that the marriage was only four years!!! Damn! Though wiki says it's some $100 million.
$100 mil is still a huge sum of money to lose in that manner bro. Marriage in the USA is a business venture for some women over there. If same is applicable here, omo cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by sureteeboy(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
$100 mil is still a huge sum of money to lose in that manner bro. Marriage in the USA is a business venture for some women over there. If same is applicable here, omo cheesy
That's why the wise footballers and celebrities don't get married.
Imagine marrying a leech who would file for divorce on flimsy grounds and cart away with half of your worth you hustled for all your life while she was still hoeing around.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by ksly24(m): 9:43am On Sep 09, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Burning the library of Alexandria in Egypt is the costliest mistake in human history.
It set the world centuries backwards.
Our great great grand father's may have used smart phones in their time.
Nah, dont think so
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by ksly24(m): 9:46am On Sep 09, 2020
sureteeboy:

Imagine marrying a leech who would file for divorce on flimsy grounds and cart away with half of your worth you hustled for all your life while she was still hoeing around.
I was now wondering why Ronaldo hasn't tried the knot with his girlfriend grin

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by rowland545(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2020
Y is APC not on the list

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Nbotee(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2020
sureteeboy:

That's why wise ones sign a Prenup... Dey get married but make sure to sign prenuptial agreements

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Sister Barred From Attending Call To Bar Ceremony / I Need Info On University Of Nigeria Nsukka Part Time Degree Programmes / UniAbuja: FG Reverses Suspension Of Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.