Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father (2989 Views)

My Wife Believes I Am Occultic / I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / Jealous Wife Thinks Her Husband's Regional Manager Is His Side Chick (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2020
This is not a cook up story but a reality.

Like 9-10 years ago, I live with a neighbors (elderly couple) who brought their daughter to the city to lived with them, but it turned out that the girl couldn't manage her puberty growth, the feeling of having boyfriend seems to be an agenda to her. Unfortunately, she was taken advantage of by unreasonable guys, such that she got pregnant and couldn't point who is responsible for it.

She gave birth to a baby girl, and none of us in the house stigmatized her, every one care for her. I personally paid for a lamp she purchased.

The baby grow up with us in the compound, until i relocate to another place within the same neighborhood.

Now for the past three years, each time this little girl sees me she greets me with much affection smiling all the time. At first, she used to request that i buy something for her. As time pass she stopped.

Every time she sees me, her mode of greeting was to embraced and held me tightly. There are times she will cross road to come and embraced me even when I did not see her, if . Last year I was surprised when she called me Daddy as she embraced me. shocked it didn't shock me like Buhari rather, that brought back my sense as to why this little girl do greet me this way she usually do.

The only thing I could thought of was that, her grand parents must have used me as shield to avoid telling her that they don't know who her father was. I really do not want the girl to feel sad at this tender age if I should tell her am not her supposed daddy, because myself grow-up not knowing my own father, not dead but doesn't want me even before I was born. I know what it feels like seen other kids with reference to two parents but mine seems to me oddly single.

What do you think I should do quickly, because issue like this can affect my home when i get married and a girl come knocking asking for her father.

7 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2020
This is true life story, not cooked up. My other topic might be fictional but this is not.

Also i have never tasted from honeypot in my life, hence, there is no chance I could be the father
Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2020
shocked

This is very risky. Don't let your emotions override your reasoning. Better you Let her know now.

The next time she calls you daddy, with a loving smile, tell her you are uncle not daddy. Let her go back to her grandma to explain to her cos It will be unfair of you to also lead her on making her believe you are her daddy only to find out the truth much later. It'd be more painful.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2020
This one is strong o
Kindly communicate with her mum, or grandparents about the new development.
That should be a headstart, so you can actually understand what's going on.

2 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by youngblaq: 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
Lol..calm down my man. It will pass.

2 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by crackhaus: 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
FreelanceRebel:
This is true life story, not cooked up. My other topic might be fictional but this is not.

Also i have never tasted from honeypot in my life, hence, there is no chance I could be the father
You know this, yet you're still bothered. Why?

8 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Sirmwill: 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2020
Yes you are her father!
Yes you are lying,you are her father!
You know i am saying the truth,you are her father!

cheesy
OP don faint ooo
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by falcon01: 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2020
as Hard as I try to believe, The story no add up abeg!!

1 Like

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by bukatyne(f): 10:45pm On Sep 08, 2020
falcon01:
as Hard as I try to believe, The story no add up abeg!!

It is possible.

I have seen it happen in my church way back.

A student got pregnant and started attending the church.

Later, her child started calling one of the youth daddy.

His saving grace was that she came after she was pregnant so everyone knew it wasn't the dude.

The child later outgrew it.

Imagine she was acquainted with dude before joining the Church or another common ground and you don't know the father of the child.

IF OP is NOT the father, he should NOT entertain such 'jokes'.

Let the girl look for the man who fathered her child.

If she can't find him or remember, 'he is dead and gone to heaven' should work.

It would sound funny until it sticks and OP would need DNA test to exonerate himself.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by decatalyst(m): 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2020
youngblaq:
Lol..calm down my man. It will pass.

That's if he moves out of that area completely...otherwise, them go carry matter wey no be eim own give am o.

Like play like play nah eim mad person dey dance enter market till he no fit return to normal again.

Use your head and jakpa

2 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by ezugegere(m): 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
Adopt the girl and be her father... It's a noble thing to do

6 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by prince2pac(m): 12:51am On Sep 09, 2020
angry angry Chai yaaaaa

Well OP, I think you should just calm down in a smiley face and tell to stop calling you that, UNCLE will be better, though you still got to talk the mom and grandparents
Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by LadySarah: 2:13am On Sep 09, 2020
I'm sure nobody told her that.Nature abhors vacuum.
My first did that when my husband traveled.lol. He was 2 or thereabouts. Every male grown up was Daddy. No corre tion worked until his Daddy came back.
It was unsettling though.

Shes seeking a father figure and Wil outgrow it.
It's not strange

5 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 09, 2020
I'd rather be glad if I were you.
She is just a kid and kids have fantasies. Please don't spoil the little princess's perfectly built world.

6 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Karleb(m): 4:15am On Sep 09, 2020
You could be the big daddy, small daddy, God father or whatever but not father or daddy!
Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 09, 2020
crackhaus:

You know this, yet you're still bothered. Why?

It won't be a problem now, until I marry and my wife take that up as a secret i hide from her, that i had a child somewhere, while the girl will claim her grand parent told her. It will a sorry state if the latter are late

1 Like

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Mindlog: 7:11am On Sep 09, 2020
FreelanceRebel:

It won't be a problem now, until I marry and my wife take that up as a secret i hide from her, that i had a child somewhere, while the girl will claim her grand told. It will a sorry state if the later are late

The girl craves a father-figure but things need to be cleared up. Visit the family and have the child, mother and grandparents seated and express that you feel happy that your presence evokes happy emotions in the child but it is safer, she knows you are not her father.

6 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by crackhaus: 7:55am On Sep 09, 2020
FreelanceRebel:

It won't be a problem now, until I marry and my wife take that up as a secret i hide from her, that i had a child somewhere, while the girl will claim her grand told. It will a sorry state if the later are late
Truly, I still don't see what the fuss is about.

Before you marry your wife, I figure you must have discussed a lot of things with her including the story of this girl. The same way you've been able to share it with strangers here on NL, do the same thing with the woman you wish to marry.

The girl's mother or family have not met with you to inform you that you're the father of the girl, have they? So what are exactly you worried about?
An innocent person would not fear/worry about this type of accusation, at least not in the way you're going about it.

I can't imagine being in my home and a lady I knew from my past comes to tell me that the little girl who's been calling me daddy is my daughter with her, even when I know for a fact that I've never kissed or seen her naked before. Hilarious.

I can't say I get you honestly... unless there's something you didn't include in your OP for it to make more sense.

Did you and the girl's mother engage in any "roughplay" back then, even though penetrative sex never happened?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Jqtyfx(m): 8:03am On Sep 09, 2020
Have her call you Uncle instead.
Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Petyr1: 8:17am On Sep 09, 2020
I just don't see anything bad in it since they don't ask you to take the responsibility
Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by usj(m): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2020
Op! you already know what it means to grow up without a father, you don't need to have got the mum pregnant to be the little girl's Dad. If I were you and I have the means I will be her Daddy, and love her, knowing what it is to have grown without a father in your life.

1 Like

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Oizee(f): 10:51am On Sep 09, 2020
If u are innocent why do you have to worry so much? There's no big deal, my children used to call my neighbour big Daddy and doesn't mean he's their grand pa

2 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
crackhaus:

An innocent person would not fear/worry about this type of accusation, at least not in the way you're going about it.

Did you and the girl's mother engage in any "roughplay" back then, even though penetrative sex never happened?

There is no accusation of any form in anyway, as regard to sex, I believed my second post address that.

A stitch in time saves nine they say

Oizee:
If u are innocent why do you have to worry so much? There's no big deal, my children used to call my neighbour big Daddy and doesn't mean he's their grand pa

Its not about me presently, so matter of innocency it out of discussion. A stitch in time saves nine they say. There category of people who should not have any form of stain attached to them either true or false.

1 Like

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Ybaby: 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2020
FreelanceRebel:
This is not a cook up story but a reality.

Like 9-10 years ago, I live with a neighbors (elderly couple) who brought their daughter to the city to lived with them, but it turned out that the girl couldn't manage her puberty growth, the feeling of having boyfriend seems to be an agenda to her. Unfortunately, she was taken advantage of by unreasonable guys, such that she got pregnant and couldn't point who is responsible for it.

She gave birth to a baby girl, and none of us in the house stigmatized her, every one care for her. I personally paid for a lamp she purchased.

The baby grow up with us in the compound, until i relocate to another place within the same neighborhood.

Now for the past three years, each time this little girl sees me she greets me with much affection smiling all the time. At first, she used to request that i buy something for her. As time pass she stopped.

Every time she sees me, her mode of greeting was to embraced and held me tightly. There are times she will cross road to come and embraced me even when I did not see her, if . Last year I was surprised when she called me Daddy as she embraced me. shocked it didn't shock me like Buhari rather, that brought back my sense as to why this little girl do greet me this way she usually do.

The only thing I could thought of was that, her grand parents must have used me as shield to avoid telling her that they don't know who her father was. I really do not want the girl to feel sad at this tender age if I should tell her am not her supposed daddy, because myself grow-up not knowing my own father, not dead but doesn't want me even before I was born. I know what it feels like seen other kids with reference to two parents but mine seems to me oddly single.

What do you think I should do quickly, because issue like this can affect my home when i get married and a girl come knocking asking for her father.

Daddy does not have to be biological. Allow this young child her fantasy. Use style to do a DNA test and keep in your will so she does not drag property with your kids but treat her well.

No body told her anything- she just wants a daddy and chose you.

Fill the role if you can. God will help you. My heart goes out to her

4 Likes

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Twenty8: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2020
It a normal thing and it will pass. My little niece once thought I was her dad, so no need to tell her.
Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by merieam16(f): 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2020
lie lie..fake story,with ur moniker it shows u are a freelance
Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by vheckthor1: 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
OP love the girl like your own daughter and take care of her if you can, but let your fiance know about her and all the details even if it involves her meeting the original parent and grand parent of the child. children really need a fatherly figure in their lives, so that that little kid won't end up down a bad path and you will wish you have helped
Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by crackhaus: 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
FreelanceRebel:

There is no accusation of any form in anyway, as regard to sex, I believed my second post address that.

A stitch in time saves nine they say

Its not about me presently, so matter of innocency it out of discussion. A stitch in time saves nine they say. There category of people who should not have any form of stain attached to them either true or false.
You have no issue abeg.
Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by anayolity: 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
cheesy cheesy I can relate Bro, my former compound i used to have this neighbor with two little boys that loved me so much, one day they started calling me daddy grin grin innocently in presence of their parents, I noticed one day they called me Daddy and their father took them inside and dealt with them undecided undecided undecided (poor kids) .....after that day once in a while unconsciously they will see me coming and shout DADDYYYYYYY grin grin ( they will remember the cane their father gave them previously) and later shouting BROTHEEEEEEERRRRRRR grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ...... their mother will be shout "He is called brother, call him brother" grin grin grin .

I stayed in that compound for 1year and moved out, very nice people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by mabea: 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2020
This thing is comm2with kids na especially those without dad. Nothing to worry about
Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by mariahAngel(f): 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
Children with their innocent minds.

A little boy who has a father once called my brother "daddy", my brother corrected him at once and said " call me uncle", and he called him so after that.
Op, you should have corrected the child immediately she called you daddy, since you didn't like it.

1 Like

Re: My Former Neighbor's Daughter Believes Or Thinks I Am Her Father by Acidosis(m): 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2020
She would outgrow it. It's a common trend among kids.

Btw, you're not the only one she calls daddy. Know this, and know peace.

Even those with fathers call everyone Uncle. Doesn't mean they are related in any way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Are Lesser Beings / Catholic And Anglican Issue Stealing My Happiness Away / Help! Help! Help My Family!!!.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.