Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" (50204 Views)

Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Essence20(m): 11:05am On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Did Christ not submit himself to the church ?
No, he didn't. He's coming to die for mankind is not necessarily submission to mankind.
Christ is the head of the church just as a man should be the head of the family.
Submission here has to do with yielding of control, and just as the church should yield control to Christ, a wife should yield control to the husband.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Sleekfingers: 11:13am On Sep 10, 2020
Freeze this, freeze that , all these useless always trying to be relevant......i bet most of them dont listen to freeze or they simply lack comprehension......i know freeze is not always right......but freeze is educating all those brainwashed xtians in nigeria......they keep saying that he is attacking the church.....how is he attacking the church? Is it because he dey the yansh of those scammers called pastors? Over 99, 9 % of nigeria pastors are scammers... Y'all hypocrites should listen to daddy freeze on 99,3fm mon-fri 10pm......
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by petra1(m): 11:13am On Sep 10, 2020
Deborah98:
Freeze is always looking for a way to turn the scriptures upside down....

UPANDAN. .
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2020
janeedema:
I truly don't see the need for all the back and forth. Freeze clearly has his audience, so does Papa Oyedepo. If any Christian chooses to be confused, it is clear that the problem isn't Freeze or Papa Oyedepo, but the Christian who wouldn't check out the scriptures.

Marriage is sustained by knowledge, understanding, and wisdom- (Prov 24:3-4). I believe strongly that people who debate who should submit first are those who have issues with pride.

We may not like it as ladies, but a woman isn't a partner with her husband. Her husband is her lord, for anything that has two heads is a monster.

God instituted marriage and set order. You have issues with your hubby as a wife? Then dialogue, and if he disagrees, report him to His Lord; who is also your Lord.

If you have issues with trusting God to deal with your hubby, then it means you have issues with your salvation in the first place. There's nothing more unappealing than a lady who always wants to have her way. It takes off the poise, charisma, dignity, and charm you have as a lady.

Let the man lead. And here's the obvious: Don't marry a man you cannot submit to. I believe it's that simple.
true wisdom!
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Deborah98(f): 11:21am On Sep 10, 2020
Okwyjesus:

Anti Christ ni.

Pastor Ibiyome should arrest him and charge him next time he misbehave.

What is he using his media influence to do against harsh govt policies
I wonder ooooh...
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Essence20(m): 11:22am On Sep 10, 2020
Joshmodest:

And now the word submission becomes insulting ,cos its used on a man ... I hope you know that it was God that created them too and not Cain?
Well, God created all things and the word 'submission' here is not insulting in any way.
If you look closely at successful marriages, one or both parties must've somehow consciously or unconsciously heed this injunction.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Rebelutionary: 11:22am On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:
Daddy freeze never said wife's should not submit to the husband ...he only said it's a two way thing ...both husband and wife should submit to each other ....and gave a Bible verse to back it up

I wonder what's wrong with that ?
That's where freeze is wrong! Marriage mirrors the union between Christ and His Church! Christ is the Head of the Church just as the Husband is the Head over the woman!

Christ LOVES His church and His Church SUBMITS to him exactly what should be mirrored in marriage! The Man LOVES his Wife and the Wife is to SUBMIT but the action of one is not dependent on the other I.e Wife SUBMIT whether he loves and Husband LOVE whether she submits.

If you say the Husband should also SUBMIT to his wife and you saying Christ SUBMITS to the Church!
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Rapsodee(m): 11:24am On Sep 10, 2020
aaking:

God Bless you. May the Lord help the understanding of the youth.
Amen and Amen.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Heavance(m): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Pastor freeze or Pastor Oyedepo?

None of the two you mentioned.
I was present in church when it was being preached.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by CodeTemplar: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2020
Heavance:

None of the two you mentioned.
I was present in church when it was being preached.
See your life? Another pastor story is irrelevant here and is circumstantial at best if it ever happened.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 10, 2020
Rebelutionary:

That's where freeze is wrong! Marriage mirrors the union between Christ and His Church! Christ is the Head of the Church just as the Husband is the Head over the woman!

Christ LOVES His church and His Church SUBMITS to him exactly what should be mirrored in marriage! The Man LOVES his Wife and the Wife is to SUBMIT but the action of one is not dependent on the other I.e Wife SUBMIT whether he loves and Husband LOVE whether she submits.

If you say the Husband should also SUBMIT to his wife and you saying Christ SUBMITS to the Church!
Christ first submitted his life for the Church the the church submitted to Christ
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 10, 2020
Essence20:

No, he didn't. He's coming to die for mankind is not necessarily submission to mankind.
Christ is the head of the church just as a man should be the head of the family.
Submission here has to do with yielding of control, and just as the church should yield control to Christ, a wife should yield control to the husband.
What's more submissive than giving your life
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by LawLab247: 11:42am On Sep 10, 2020
PraiseGodNoTime:
Jack of all trades. You no get front and back. You agrees in everything.. Some Nigerians eeh.

Lol. What to do na
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Christ first submitted his life for the Church the the church submitted to Christ
christ didn't submit himself to the church but rather submitted to the father.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Jesus gave his life, first because It was the will of the father and secondly because he loved the church.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 10, 2020
solite3:
Jesus gave his life, first because It was the will of the father and secondly because he loved the church.

Of u love your wife u would submit to her as Christ submitted his life for us
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by obailala(m): 11:59am On Sep 10, 2020
JorgedeToledo:

Freeze was saying that while women submit to their husbands, men should also submit to their wives. But this is not biblical.
The bible says that men should love their wives as Christ loved the church; while wives should submit to their husbands.

Freeze erred.
Freeze also quoted directly from the bible in plain English, no ambiguities. Except you're saying the authors of the bible made a mistake or are confused, I wonder what you mean by saying Freeze erred by merely quoting directly from the bible.

The popular scripture we all know and quote is Ephesians 5:22-24. But what about verse 21? Freeze only drew attention to verse 21 by saying submission should really go both ways; even though the message is still very clear that the husband is the head of the wife/house. We really need to start studying the bible ourselves, instead of waiting for pastoral or public interpretation. Also we need to learn to accommodate the views of others, else just risk being 'bigots' if we think our interpretation is always the 'right' one and others are wrong.

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
Deborah98:
“Scriptures upside down’’ May be may be not but what makes him stand out is is everly referral to the same scripture whenever he is making a point
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Rebelutionary: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Nope Christ SUBMITTED TO THE WILL OF HIS FATHER AND BY SO DOING HE SHOWED HIS LOVE FOR THE WORLD FROM WHICH THE CHURCH IS CALLED OUT and in so doing the CHURCH SUBMITS TO HIM. Same thing is mirrored in marriage.. the husband is COMMANDED to LOVE, same thing for the WIFE TO SUBMIT. There is no contention... it is a balanced relationship!

“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own
husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is
the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of
the church : and he is the saviour of the body.
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so
let the wives be to their own husbands in every
thing.” – Ephesians 5:22-24

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by LawLab247: 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2020
anonimi:

The same way that slave masters quoted Peter on total obedience by the slaves?
Anyway continue agreeing with nonsense.

You are free to marry a rebellious woman. That's your own kettle of fish and definitely not my problem by any stretch.

Thank you.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

According to which scripture? What is Christ's relationship with d church?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2020
obailala:
Freeze also quoted directly from the bible in plain English, no ambiguities. Except you're saying the authors of the bible made a mistake or are confused, I wonder how Freeze erred by quoting directly from the bible.

Popular scripture we all quote is Ephesians 5:22-23
"22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior."
24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

But Freeze made his statement based on a verse higher - Ephesians 5:21
21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Who was verse 21 addressed to? Where did d issue of husband and wives start from in Ephesians 5?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

According to which scripture? Is that what d Ephesians 5 u are arguing says? I thought u said u have read d Bible 12 times?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
obailala:

by merely quoting directly from the bible.

The popular scripture we all know and quote is Ephesians 5:22-24. But what about verse 21? Freeze only drew attention to verse 21 by saying submission should really go both ways; even though the message is still very clear that the husband is the head of the wife/house. We really need to start studying the bible ourselves, instead of waiting for pastoral or public interpretation.

D same Ephesians said d husband should love his wife as Christ loved d church. It also said that d husband is d head of d wife just as Christ is d head of d church. Did or does Christ submit to church?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by obailala(m): 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

Who was verse 21 addressed to? Where did d issue of husband and wives start from in Ephesians 5?
Ephesians 5:21-33 was addressed to Christian households. The first instruction was "submit to one another".

Even though the rest of the verses establish the family hierarchy very clearly (i.e. the man being the head), the very first instruction for Christian households is for couples to submit to each other. I don't think there's any ambiguity in this message, maybe people just chose to argue about it just for the sake of argument; or maybe because a character like Daddy Freeze is the one who highlighted it, several people just feel a compulsion to complicate a simple scripture.

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2020
obailala:

Ephesians 5:21-33 was addressed to Christian households. The first instruction was "submit to one another". Even though the rest of the verses establishes the hierarchy very clearly (i.e. the man being the head), the very first instruction for Christian households is for couples to submit to each other. I don't think there's any ambiguity in this message, maybe people just chose to argue about it just for the sake of argument, or maybe because a character like Daddy Freeze is the one who highlighted it, several people just feel a compulsion to complicate a simple scripture.

Can u pls quote Ephesians 5:21 and show me d exact words that show that it was addressed to Christian households? Where did d issue of husband & wife begin in Ephesians 5?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by miketayo(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u if it's about love. I asked is Ephesians 5 about husband & wife? Pls quote verse 21& tell me how verse 21 is about husband & wife & how husband & wife issue started from verse 21? Pls explain how Ephesians 5 :1-21 and d entire Ephesians 5 is about love?

Y r u lazy to check our previous comments,
I quoted 21, 22 and 23.
If u have something to say spill it, dancing around isn't taking u anywhere.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Segzy19: 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2020
See issues like this have caused many African homes, especially Nigerians to be broken in the US, UK , Canada and other western countries...
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

According to which scripture? Is that what d Ephesians 5 u are arguing says? I thought u said u have read d Bible 12 times?
Are we not to emulate Christ relationship with the church and live like that as husband n wife ?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2020
obailala:

Ephesians 5:21-33 was addressed to Christian households. The first instruction was "submit to one another".

Even though the rest of the verses establish the family hierarchy very clearly (i.e. the man being the head), the very first instruction for Christian households is for couples to submit to each other. I don't think there's any ambiguity in this message, maybe people just chose to argue about it just for the sake of argument; or maybe because a character like Daddy Freeze is the one who highlighted it, several people just feel a compulsion to complicate a simple scripture.

If u say that d man is d head, who is he d head of d woman according to Ephesians 5?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by emperorzz(m): 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2020
Deborah98:

And some spiritual leaders need to work on the weakness to respond uncouthedly to him all the time. Haba!
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:31pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Are we not to emulate Christ relationship with the church and live like that as husband n wife ?

U haven't answered my question. According to u:

"What's more submissive than giving your life"

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Synagogue Building Collapse Was Controlled Demolition – Emmanuel Tv / If Your Wife Sucks Your Manhood, You Are Gay - Apostle Sakordie / Primate Ayodele Prophesizes Doom For Buhari And APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.