Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" (50199 Views)

Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2020
Rebelutionary:

Nope Christ SUBMITTED TO THE WILL OF HIS FATHER AND BY SO DOING HE SHOWED HIS LOVE FOR THE WORLD FROM WHICH THE CHURCH IS CALLED OUT and in so doing the CHURCH SUBMITS TO HIM. Same thing is mirrored in marriage.. the husband is COMMANDED to LOVE, same thing for the WIFE TO SUBMIT. There is no contention... it is a balanced relationship!

“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own
husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is
the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of
the church : and he is the saviour of the body.
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so
let the wives be to their own husbands in every
thing.” – Ephesians 5:22-24
Read Ephesians 5 21

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2020
miketayo:

Y r u lazy to check our previous comments,
I quoted 21, 22 and 23.
If u have something to say spill it, dancing around isn't taking u anywhere.

That still doesn't answer d questions I asked:

"I didn't ask u if it's about love. I asked is Ephesians 5 about husband & wife? Pls quote verse 21& tell me how verse 21 is about husband & wife & how husband & wife issue started from verse 21? Pls explain how Ephesians 5 :1-21 and d entire Ephesians 5 is about love?"
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nationale: 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2020
adetunjioludami:

I'm married and we are very happy, Like I said it's a balance,let the husband obey his command and let the wife obeys her command also. The major issue a man has in life is to love, and Christ made it a command for him, the major issue a woman has also is to submit to a Man after she has been under the control of a man (her Dad) all her life. Submission to your woman comes easily when you are in love, think about it, your wife(if ure married) would tell you buy dis and dat and dat yl coming home and ull joyfully do it majorly out of the love you have for her. Now is that not submission in disguise?? Same way the husband would say let's do it dis way or dat way and the wife would gladly obey due to her submission to your authority, the authority she gave you because she loves you.
I hope you understand.

I am married and happy. I love and submit to my wife as she does to me. Here, we both are saying the same thing. First the bible says " he that fineth a wife". What this means is that we should endeavour to look for that person that can flow with us and we can flow with. Let me explain from the worldly point of view. If I meet a very attractive woman that enjoys partying and going out while I do not enjoy those things then their would be a problem of both leadership for the husband and equally submitting to her even while loving her in marriage. So, the first thing here is find someone you can both tolerate and manage.

Now back to the issue of discourse. Loving and submitting to your wife those not in anyway remove the man from being the head of the family. I know men that do cook and wash for their wives because one they love their wives and two they enjoy doing those things. And their wives have not stopped submitting to them nor deny them the headship of their homes. I equally know a lot of families where the opinion of the spouse is sought before a decision is taken. Is that not both love and submission from both sides? I really do not see total happiness in marriage without these two ingredients flowing both ways. As Africans even to say sorry to our spouses is to heavy. The whites even apologises to their kids when they are wrong. Both here in Africa the man feels too big to come down.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

U haven't answered my question. According to u:

"What's more submissive than giving your life"

According to which scripture? Is that what d Ephesians 5 u are arguing says? I thought u said u have read d Bible 12 times?
Bros I'm not going to help u understand English

Ephesians 5 vs 21 is very clear ...but u chose to ignore it

Christ gave his life for the Church and the church submitted to Christ because of that
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Of u love your wife u would submit to her as Christ submitted his life for us

After reading d Bible 12 times, where in d Bible did u see that Christ submitted to d church? Can u pls quote d scripture?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

After reading d Bible 12 times, where in d Bible did u see that Christ submitted to d church? Can u pls quote d scripture?
Define submission
No need even read Ephesians 5 vs 25
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Bros I'm not going to help u understand English

Ephesians 5 vs 21 is very clear ...but u chose to ignore it

Christ gave his life for the Church and the church submitted to Christ because of that

Do u even understand your own English?
Ephesians 5:21 is very clear about what?

Is giving his life d same as submitting that u have been touting? Y did Christ give his life for d church? U said Christ submitted himself to d church as women are expected to submit to their husbands. Can u pls provide scriptures validate that point?

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Adakintroy: 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2020
The thing na common sense na. It open on one end and close on the other.

Children should honor mother and father. Father provoke not thy children to wrath.

It all about balance.

Unless they are engage in something else.

Arrogance of the intellect" if you ask me. But since Una no ask I will keep my mouth shut. Ha

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by dotedote: 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:
Daddy freeze never said wife's should not submit to the husband ...he only said it's a two way thing ...both husband and wife should submit to each other ....and gave a Bible verse to back it up

I wonder what's wrong with that ?

They're just against him for correcting their god.

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by obailala(m): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

Can u pls quote Ephesians 5:21 and show me d exact words that show that it was addressed to Christian households? Where did d issue of husband & wife begin in Ephesians 5?
lexy2014:

If u say that d man is d head, who is he d head of according to Ephesians 5?
lexy2014:

D same Ephesians said d husband should love his wife as Christ loved d church. It also said that d husband is d head of d wife just as Christ is d head of d church. Did or does Christ submit to church?
I pasted a screenshot showing a title (Red Arrow) above verses 21 - 33. The title says "Instructions for Christian Households", and the first statement says "submit to one another". Subsequent statements also make it crystal clear who the head of the home is; there's no ambiguity in this, except some folks just love arguments. Besides, a man who really loves his wife would somehow still 'submit' to her wishes and not take her for granted.

I guess you're free to give that scripture any kind of interpretation you want to give it. But that the next man interprets it differently from you doesn't necessarily mean anyone is right or the other wrong.

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by dotedote: 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Have u listened to freeze or just hear say ?

They're just against him for correcting their god.[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Heavance(m): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
CodeTemplar:
See your life? Another pastor story is irrelevant here and is circumstantial at best if it ever happened.
You missed the point.
I gave an example.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

Is giving his life d same as submitting that u have been touting? Y did Christ give his life for d church? U said Christ submitted himself to d church as women are expected to submit to their husbands. Can u pls provide scriptures validate that point?
Don't quote me wrong I said the man should submit to the wife as the wife submit to the man too ...it's a two way thing

Ephesians 5 vs 25 was clear ...Christ gave up his life for the Church ...if that's not submission then I don't know what it is
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Define submission
No need even read Ephesians 5 vs 25

Where u quoted is it d same thing as submission as used in Ephesians 5:22&24? Did Ephesians 5:25 say that Christ submitted to d church? I think u should be d one to define submission cos it seems u are using a very special dictionary

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

Where u quoted is it d same thing as submission as used in Ephesians 5:22&24? Did Ephesians 5:25 say that Christ submitted to d church? I think u should be d one to define submission cos it seems u are using a very special dictionary
Why leave out vs 21

Why because it's goes against your idea ...why leave out the first instruction

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Don't quote me wrong I said the man should submit to the wife as the wife submit to the man too ...it's a two way thing

Ephesians 5 vs 25 was clear ...Christ gave up his life for the Church ...if that's not submission then I don't know what it is

Where in d Bible did it say that man should submit to his wife? How is Christ giving up his life submission? Is that what Ephesians 5:25 says? Where in d Bible did it say that Christ submitted himself to d church?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by miketayo(m): 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

That still doesn't answer d questions I asked:

"I didn't ask u if it's about love. I asked is Ephesians 5 about husband & wife? Pls quote verse 21& tell me how verse 21 is about husband & wife & how husband & wife issue started from verse 21? Pls explain how Ephesians 5 :1-21 and d entire Ephesians 5 is about love?"

If u can't read verse 21 I quoted for u before or open ur bible den I can't help you
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

Bros stop misquoting me

Ephesians 5 vs 21 was the starting of the instructions ....the first condition was that both submit themselves to one another. ...under Christ ...

Then 25 it likened the husband relationship to the wife as Christ and the church ...

Now I'm extrapolating to 21 again telling that even Christ obeyed 21 order as he submitted himself to the church by dying for them

If u don't get it's no longer my problem
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Why leave out vs 21

Why because it's goes against your idea ...why leave out the first instruction

According to u:

"Define submission
No need even read Ephesians 5 vs 25"

Where u quoted is it d same thing as submission as used in Ephesians 5:22&24? Did Ephesians 5:25 say that Christ submitted to d church? I think u should be d one to define submission cos it seems u are using a very special dictionary.

In Ephesians 5:21, did it refer to husbands and wives?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2020
miketayo:

If u can't read verse 21 I quoted for u before or open ur bible den I can't help you

U still haven't answered my question:

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

Where in d Bible did it say that man should submit to his wife? How is Christ giving up his life submission? Is that what Ephesians 5:25 says? Where in d Bible did it say that Christ submitted himself to d church?
Ephesians 5 vs 21 said both husband and wife should submit to each other......is that not clear ?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

According to u:

"Define submission
No need even read Ephesians 5 vs 25"

Where u quoted is it d same thing as submission as used in Ephesians 5:22&24? Did Ephesians 5:25 say that Christ submitted to d church? I think u should be d one to define submission cos it seems u are using a very special dictionary.

In Ephesians 5:21, did it refer to husbands and wives?
Ephesians 5 vs 21 refered to husband and wife can u rest now ?

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Bros stop misquoting me

Ephesians 5 vs 21 was the starting of the instructions ....the first condition was that both submit themselves to one another. ...under Christ ...

Then 25 it likened the husband relationship to the wife as Christ and the church ...

Now I'm extrapolating to 21 again telling that even Christ obeyed 21 order as he submitted himself to the church by dying for them

If u don't get it's no longer my problem

I didn't misquote u. I only asked u questions which u haven't been able to answer.

Where in d Bible did it say that by dying for d church, Christ submitted to d church?

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Ephesians 5 vs 21 refered to husband and wife can u rest now ?

Where in Ephesians 5:21 did it say "husbands & wives"?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

I didn't misquote u. I only asked u questions which u haven't � able to answer.

Where in d Bible did it say that by dying for d church, Christ submitted to d church?
I never said Christ submitted himself to d church as women are expected to submit to their husbands .....I said as man is expected to submit to his wife

Are u asking me to ignore vs 21 when talking about husband and wife ?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Ephesians 5 vs 21 said both husband and wife should submit to each other......is that not clear ?

Pls quote d scripture in Ephesians 5:21 and show me where it specifically said "both husbands and wives should submit to each other".
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

Where in Ephesians 5:21 did it say "husbands & wives"?
Really ? Who was he talking to in Ephesians 5 vs 21 if not husband n wife

The heading is clear

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nifemi2512(m): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
God punish the op that banned me for no reason! Set awon oloriburuku�
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

Pls quote d scripture in Ephesians 5:21 and show me where it specifically said "both husbands and wives should submit to each other".
Bros I'm done with u ..don't engage in argument where the person knows he is wrong but won't accept

Have a good day
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

I never said Christ submitted himself to d church as women are expected to submit to their husbands .....I said as man is expected to submit to his wife

Are u asking me to ignore vs 21 when talking about husband and wife ?

U never said Christ submitted himself to church. What is this?:

Igbochief001:

Where in d Bible did it say that by dying for d church, Christ submitted himself to d church?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Really ? Who was he talking to in Ephesians 5 vs 21 if not husband n wife

The heading is clear

According to u:

"Ephesians 5 vs 21 said both husband and wife should submit to each other"

Is Ephesians 5:21 now d same thing as "the heading"?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

U never said Christ submitted himself to church. What is this?:

Where in d Bible did it say that by dying for d church, Christ submitted himself to d church?
Bros I'm not your English teacher ...I can't teach u Bible n English at the same time

Learn difference between connotative meaning and denotative meaning

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Synagogue Building Collapse Was Controlled Demolition – Emmanuel Tv / If Your Wife Sucks Your Manhood, You Are Gay - Apostle Sakordie / Primate Ayodele Prophesizes Doom For Buhari And APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.