Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,743 members, 7,813,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Ask And Receive - Prayers That Work! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ask And Receive - Prayers That Work! (130 Views)

Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy / Ask And You Shall Receive As This Year Is Coming To An End / Ten Deep Prayers That Will Get You Out Of Deep Troubles Dr Dk Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ask And Receive - Prayers That Work! by pinkpearl17(f): 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it.
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭21:22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

In the very words of Jesus, we can ask for anything and we receive. Anything! Does this mean Jesus is a genie that responds to our every whims? Like we could just make any prayer request and receive it? If Jesus promised us anything, why then do we not receive?

One thing we must understand is, as new creation believers, everything we need to function here on earth has been given to us. It is similar to the Father making deposits in a bank for you. Then all you need to do when you have a need is to go withdraw in the place of prayer.

But you can only withdraw from what is available in your account. You cannot withdraw outside His will.

Let me take you back to Psalm 37:4. it says, delight in the Lord and He would grant you the desires of your heart. A true delight in Him causes us to take our sights off of what we want in order to long for what He desires. We are to draw nearer to Him in fellowship, immerse ourselves in His Word, and walk in His will as His desires automatically become ours. We empty ourselves to be full of Him.

So the cravings we harbour are petitions that would further the establishment of the kingdom of God here on earth.

Therefore, with a desire that replicates the heart of God, whatever you ask for in prayer would be given to you.

“But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him in truth. He grants the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cries for help and rescues them.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭145:18-19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

There are days I thank God for ’’Unanswered prayers’. My life would have been a hot mess if God responded to my every whim. More so, the deeper you mature in your relationship with Christ, you realize some prayer points you have are not necessary and are outside His plan for you. First, we seek the kingdom and every other thing aligns. This is the will of the Father for us. Our hearts must be purified so it is in harmony with the will of God.

God listens to the godly person who does his will. He hears the prayer of those willing to obey Him. Many of us stay in contrary situations and pray for God to bless us in our disobedience. Sorry, but it doesn’t work that way.

The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and his ears are open to their prayers. But the Lord turns his face against those who do evil.””

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭NLT‬

When we walk in His will, our confidence in Him is deeply rooted. We can boast of our faith in His promises. Therefore, regardless of how tough the journey may get, our conviction that He hears us when we call remains unshaken.

“And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:14-15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Some blessings may be delayed because God is waiting for us to mature, to level up. He does this out of love not because He wants to deny us answers. No good thing will he withhold from us because we love him.

Also, You may not have received it because the time has not come yet. Something good given at an inappropriate time can be destructive. In this case, we gain access to our heavenly account at the right time.

Life is a big responsibility and Father won’t hand over to us a prize we cannot carry. Peradventure, our roots don’t run deep, the size of fruits may overwhelm us.

So the blessing is in the blessing delivered at the right time when it would be wholly appreciated, well utilized and ultimately bring glory to God’s name.

Friends, search your heart. Do your desires mirror Him? The Father wants us to incline our hearts to Him. Those who seek and trust God would prosper within His will.

The request you are asking God for, is your heart ready to receive it? Would you cherish it and handle with care when it arrives your doorstep?

God answers prayers. I have seen this in my life, time and time again. All we need to do is work with His timing, surrender our will, be open-minded and when the answers arrive, we would understand that His thoughts for us are a Galaxy away from what we can ever hope for ourselves.

Sometimes, we may be praying for a mat to lay our head but God wants us to take two steps further and see the bed He has made out for us. Therefore, know that whatever He brings our way is in our best interest in order to see our lives bring glory to His name.

https://musingsandroses./2020/09/09/ask-and-receive-prayers-that-work/
Re: Ask And Receive - Prayers That Work! by Realadey(m): 12:09am On Sep 11, 2020
Hallelujah,thanks my sister.
More grace upon u in Jesus mighty name.

(1) (Reply)

Jerry Savelle Devotional September 12 2020 / Sons Of God / Freeze Apologizing To Bishop David Oyedepo is Good Omen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.