Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,282 members, 7,860,660 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:56 PM

Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud (1784 Views)

Bosede Oguntade: Prophet Dotun Ogunlade ‘Arole Jesu’ Kills Housewife In Oyo / CSP Emmanuel Wagbara & SP Joseph Ogunlade Recovers One Car Each / Elimgbu Police DPO, SP Joseph Ogunlade Recovers A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by pipiko: 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2020
The Nigerian police have arrested Ogunlade Comfort Omolayo, the founder of Behind FARMER over thirty million Naira fraud. Behind Farmer Global Limited is a startup company with primary focus on the agro sector. She is presently being detained at the Force Criminal investigation bureau, Alagbon, Lagos.

Ogunlade, the director of Behind FARMER allegedly promised over 300 micro investors who invested over 400 million Naira in farm projects established by her company for returns. Some of the investors (their investment totalling N30m) have reported the matter to the police for investigation.

According to findings, the Ogunlade the self-acclaimed Behind Farmer will soon be arraigned at Igboshere magistrate court. According to the charge sheet, she will face three count charges for conspiring with others to commit felony by obtaining money by false pretenses and stealing and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 411 criminal codes law of Lagos State.

She will also face charges with others at large for registering a company Behind Farmers with intent to fraudulently obtain money running into millions of Naira from members of the public under the guise of investing the money into agricultural products, which will yield interest, a pretense which Ogunlade Comfort knew to be false thereby thereby committed an offence contrary to section 314 of the criminal laws of Lagos state.

Investors reported Ogunlade and her boyfriend Oluwaseun Adeayo to the police following the non-remittance of their funds and interests in the startup. They have promised and failed several times so the police has to called to investigate before dragging the case to court.

She operates on Telegram Group with the name: TushFarmers Investors

cc: lalasticlala

Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by Mayng01(m): 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2020
Fraud isn’t gender specific.
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by Mutemenot(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
She may have good intention but naija n its economy is nowhere you can predict..

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by dangermouse(m): 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2020
Even ur money in the bank is no longer safe in this country. Scammers everywhere u go.
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by PristineSteve(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2020
I totally agree with you.
Borrowing money for investment in Nigeria without any backup fund is a very big risk. It's deadly infact.

Now she is labeled a fraud. May God help her if she had a true intention.
Mutemenot:
She may have good intention but naija n its economy is nowhere you can predict..

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by Karlovich: 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2020
Algae soup eaters keep disgracing Nigeria, smh
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by LadySarah: 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
All those Agro investors. Is Menorah not telling the same story
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by mindpresh: 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2020
Mutemenot:

she had no good intentions. thieving pathological liar

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by Harrykn: 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2020
E don wey police station turn bank wey DPO Be manager.
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by uvie66: 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
Any investment opportunity with a Nigerian behind it should be in investigated with a fine tooth comb, because their reputation precedes them.
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by SnOOpERr: 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2020
Reminds me of that Tomato and onion scammer on NL.
She was never found talkless of been caught.
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by towoju5(m): 8:29pm On Mar 05, 2021
mindpresh:

she had no good intentions. thieving pathological liar

You shouldn't just judge people, try to know them or get the story from both side before you yarn.

Personally i know her, and we're actually like brother ans sister for almost a year, like there's no week we don't spend about 72hours gisting, and she's really great, alway trying to solve a problem. But believe me in business you can't predict what will happen the next hour, I also own a startup anf i know what am actually saying. Learn to judge the right way ky brother...
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by sainsburry: 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
@towoju5

You did not solve the puzzle, how many farm has she invested on, where are the locations of the farms, what agricultural product is the farm producing or was she affected by the food blockage from the north
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by 2shaw: 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
Tu sh scammer,not farmer.lol
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by 1nigeriamyfoot: 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
SnOOpERr:
Reminds me of that Tomato and onion scammer on NL.
She was never found talkless of been caught.

Hahaha

Ibijoke alalubosa1 catered4 grin
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by towoju5(m): 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2021
sainsburry:
@towoju5

You did not solve the puzzle, how many farm has she invested on, where are the locations of the farms, what agricultural product is the farm producing or was she affected by the food blockage from the north

Okay, she's into cucumber before going into other stuffs. but as far as i know here during our one year NYSC, she's really a great person, like she's got a lot of business idea. and that's the only thing she loves to discuss then. but i really can't say how she managed stuffs before going bad.

That's all i can say because people can hide there nature as well and behavior. and moreover i only know her for a year, but during that one year it was as if have known here for a very long time.
Re: Police Arrest Tushfarmer Founder,comfort Ogunlade over N30million Startup Fraud by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
U can know somebody for 10 good years without knowing the colour of that person

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed Online By A White Fraudster(pictures) / True Crime - The African King Who Was Hanged 1949 / 5 People Killed In One Spot - Blackaxe Vs Vikings Anambra. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.