Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For (29038 Views)

Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by uBuNiT: 9:42am On Sep 13, 2020
Thank Him for His mercy upon my life. No time to count food, pure water, big cola ...
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by ggirl4real: 9:43am On Sep 13, 2020
hopefulLandlord:

Well said.

for your final question about who's fault it is, they'd say "god works in mysterious ways, his ways are unfathomable to man". they'd attempt to eat their cake and have it

I have no problem with their religious beliefs.

I'm only begging them to put their preachings to practice so that we have a better society.

2 Likes

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by johnnny12(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2020
Happy Sunday all

Today is my birthday I thank God for the gift of life..please house nothing at all in my hand even account dry..I needed a surprise birthday

2271202953 John
Ecobank

God bless you more
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Gkay1(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2020
always give thanks to God
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by bush112(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2020
Thank God
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Sponge3(m): 10:12am On Sep 13, 2020
U forgot to thank him/it for covid and millions of children who die from starvation every day. Or he is not responsible for that too?

6 Likes

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by eddybeat12(m): 10:15am On Sep 13, 2020
Lord I bless your name and adore you above all other name. For you are slow to anger and rich in mercy. I thank you for all you have done in my life and family �
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Xmuslim: 10:18am On Sep 13, 2020
Sponge3:
U forgot to thank him/it for covid and millions of children who die from starvation every day. Or he is not responsible for that too?
this is blasphemy grin
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by EMREX02: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2020
GOD ALMIGHTY Thank YOU for everything.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Sponge3(m): 10:23am On Sep 13, 2020
Xmuslim:
this is blasphemy grin

Its blasphemy? Let him come tell me himself.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by femi4: 10:26am On Sep 13, 2020
11. For making you a Nigerian
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Btruth: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2020
Lord I am grateful.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:28am On Sep 13, 2020
How many times has God thanked me?

Useless entity.

2 Likes

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by kingxsamz(m): 10:30am On Sep 13, 2020
Cowbell521:
You are STUPID

Seems like that comment really hurt you deep down.
Don't worry you'll be fine. cheesy
Calling someone stupid for making an opinion.
You must be a child or something.

3 Likes

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:31am On Sep 13, 2020
Sponge3:

Its blasphemy? Let him come tell me himself.

He won't come himself.
He'll probably send his daughter to some primitive tribe to be gangraped to death in order to forgive you. That's how he acts.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by CandidSeeker(m): 10:37am On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:
I don't understand why we should thank God for all these things.

Aside from number 10 (which is just a mindset), how sure are we that it is "God" that make these things possible?

If He's the one, I think all atheists and free thinkers should be denied these things.

Since everyone has access to these things you've mentioned, I don't see why we should thank God for them.

As a matter of fact, I'm very sure that there are many Christians who are struggling to access these things. Some die in the process while some free thinkers are still enjoying full access. Whose fault is this?

Matthew 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

-Peace.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Eriokanmi: 10:41am On Sep 13, 2020
Let me add by saying we should always thank God for all He has done in the past. We human beings seem to forget this and its high time we changed. Jesus prayed by the Lazarus' tomb by saying , Father, I thank you because you always hear me.

Recently, I looked at myself and challenges I was facing, my age and some of the targets I set which I've not achieved yet. I was speaking to myself and said, what have I even achieved in the last 10 years sef( only thinking if those targets I was yet to meet). That night, I woke up to observe vigil and went back to sleep. One man appeared to me amd took me on a journey to my root. How i started the journey of my life. He also pointed yo all my friends back then in the village and my undergraduate days, he now bought me back to my present state. Suddenly, I woke up and began thanking God and apologising for not appreciating Him enough for all He's done. I realised that, I'm far better than those people seen on that long journey i was taken, today.

2 Likes

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2020
Olorun!
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Connected1: 10:45am On Sep 13, 2020
So who do we curse for all the evils on Earth?
Sometimes you have to keep quiet and stop saying things you don't know about.
We all believe in God as Religionists but we don't know him so much.
It's just like saying that Buhari is the root cause of Nigeria's current economy, when you haven't checked the middlemen and normal citizens.

1 Like

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by OYENIYIJK: 10:47am On Sep 13, 2020
pinkyruledworld:
Alhamdulillah
Amen In Jesus Name!
Their is only God!
One Love ✌️✌️✌️
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Sponge3(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:

He won't come himself.
He'll probably send his daughter to some primitive tribe to be gangraped to death in order to forgive you. That's how he acts.

Lmao. Religion the single dumbest human creation

2 Likes

Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Judybash93(m): 10:50am On Sep 13, 2020
Which of the gods are we thanking please?
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Dizzyrascal(m): 11:01am On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

If that makes you happy, I'm fine with that.

I can only advise you to learn to express your opinions without insults.

Don't get all emotional when someone holds opinions contrary to yours.

I'm not a Christian but I will like to be and that will be only when I see religion bringing about a positive turn around in this country.

I'm yet to see that.

Just emulate the life of Christ if you are a Christian. That's what is important for you.

Stop throwing insults around. It doesn't stop Non-Christians from asking questions or holding different opinions.

Peace!!
geez, you know, i was almost tempted to join the insult wagon until i saw your mature reply to that particular insult.

The truth about the state of the country right now is that it is being ruled and populated by people who don't practice what the bible preaches.

The Bible says don't steal yet we do
The Bible says don't kill, yet people still go for money rituals
The Bible stands against so many things but we still do them regardless.
We have failed God as a people and are not living by the instruction he gives, that is why the country is not moving in any particular direction.

You are right in your stance that religion ought to reflect in the state of the nation especially in terms of development, but what can God do when we don't keep to his righteous dictates? Destroy us perhaps? I honestly hope it doesn't get to that.
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by DarkJeddi(m): 11:01am On Sep 13, 2020
Am grateful for each and every one of those things but not to any God or r Supernatural being looking out for me..
And nobody died for my sins,I can't partake in the guilt of the death of man that died 2000 years before my time..
Religion is a SCAM.. shocked
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by bluefilm: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

Aside from number 10 (which is just a mindset), how sure are we that it is "God" that make these things possible?

If He's the one, I think all atheists and free thinkers should be denied these things.

Since everyone has access to these things you've mentioned, I don't see why we should thank God for them.

As a matter of fact, I'm very sure that there are many Christians who are struggling to access these things. Some die in the process while some free thinkers are still enjoying full access. Whose fault is this?

Satan. grin
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Sirkingsnado: 11:03am On Sep 13, 2020
All i have to say is thank JESUS
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Observer007(m): 11:04am On Sep 13, 2020
Great post!
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by SimeonOTC(m): 11:04am On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

the womb that held you for 9months is under a curse...
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by ggirl4real: 11:05am On Sep 13, 2020
CandidSeeker:

Matthew 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

-Peace.

That is what your Bible says.

However, I still feel that Christians should be God's priority. It should only be after the Christians have received all round blessings and are living comfortably before any unbeliever receives.

Why are many Christians still struggling and suffering while unbelievers are enjoying?

Some Christians even die while in the process of praying for a positive turn around in their situations. Why should that be so? Does God rejoice in their sufferings?
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by DarkJeddi(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2020
SimeonOTC:

the womb the held you for 9months is under a curse...
Heaven's gatekeeper..
Is this what your Jesus taught you.. shocked
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by Duplik8t77(m): 11:08am On Sep 13, 2020
Cowbell521:
You are STUPID
Act like the Christian you claim to be.
here is an atheist advising you on morality. common man
Re: 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For by DarkJeddi(m): 11:10am On Sep 13, 2020
Cowbell521:
You are STUPID
Indeed,because he has a contrary opinion to your ASSUMPTIONS? shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? / Lady Kneels Down To Greet Apostle Suleman As He Steps Out In Style In USA(pics) / Church Members Roll In Mud Water After Falling Under Anointing (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.