Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,235 members, 7,839,235 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? (41723 Views)

Please Doctors In The House What Is allergy And How Do I Get Ride Of It? / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / How To Deal Wth Motion (car) Sickness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by LeslieChow(m): 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
It is motion sickness. Take Avomine drug before entering a vehicle. It suppressed the nausea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by braveheart77: 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:
I don't know if i'm the only one who has this.

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

Has anybody experienced this?

I have this.

Its very crazy and called motion sickness i guess. Oh God i hate the experience but it doesn't happen always.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Hemmytohans(m): 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
If it is a particular car, there is High rate of gases that is making you nauseous, but if in case if all vehicle, if you arent feeling same when you see petrol then, visit a doctor
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Brandonx(m): 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
grin
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
My friend has same problem..

We were returning from school a certain year.. the driver had to stop cuz he had filled up the nylon he was vomiting into and he needed to throw up outside and discard the nylon..

He always feel embarrassed but can't control the shit.. so he got this drug he always take before embarking on any journey and it has been helping him

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Arsenate(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
Promethazine before a journey helps a lot.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Coldie(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

Avoid eating before entering, also avoid this particular combination banana and groundnut. That's what most people eat they buy it from traffic.

I used to experience this when I was a child, but it stopped
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Ategberoson(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
it might be some psychological effect from childhood that your imagination cannot just forget easily

unlike me now I've phobia for water, my mom confirmed it that, it had been part of me since birth. it might be a natural phenomenon who knows
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by OAUTemitayo: 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
Juanmike:
Don't mind those saying its motion sickness, you are cursed, that's one of the signs,you need deliverance.
Who be this mumu grin
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by LordReed(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

You are experiencing motion sickness. From the little I know you can either take medication for it or you get psychological counselling to help with it or a combination of the 2.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by SirMichael1: 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
You've got motion sickness. My ex had it too and that's why she doesn't eat on the day she travels.

My advice is to get a eye mask and put it on when travelling. It has nothing to do with phobia.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by teelaw4life(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Motion sickness, bro. Happens to me too and like you said, it's always worse whenever I haven't eaten...especially right after I'd brushed my teeth in the morning.
Funny enough, I only experience it when I'm not the one driving. If I'm behind the wheels, I don't experience it.

I don't know any cure for it though, I simply try to have something spicy to eat to reduce the sensation.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Trash
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Happens to me too, especially a non AC car and when traveling to a very long distance, the smell of petrol irritates my stomach
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Is04970: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Stop reading while on motion.
If you feel like falling sick, close your eyes or gaze at the horizon.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Pautacfm: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Take maxolon some hours before your journey. Works like magic.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by EasternActivist: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
dalass:

Never heard of this... In those days, the car sickliness was due to fuel fumes... I don't know what could be causing this one oh grin

Lol, with the fumes?? Someone might even run mad grin

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by TreasureTayo(m): 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
iLUCID:

Na the kind of phobia I bin wan type but I forgot the name grin
ahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by PHIPEX(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
Stop reading in the car or browsing on your phone while on a long journey. I had this problem too. Motion sickness as I was told happens when your eyes are in a static position (on your phone or book) while your ear is hearing a movement, your brain gets confused and you throw up.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by TreasureTayo(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Trash
and you think you made sense with this?
because u don't experience it doesn't make it a Trash.
600 yrs for you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
TreasureTayo:
and you think you made sense with this? because u don't experience it doesn't make it a Trash. 600 yrs for you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Another trash.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Tech35: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
Professor FE discovered a neodymium powered car that use no fuel nor battery. Click on the link below to see.
https:///pbUsoj-1nf
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Doubleoo(m): 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

This happens to me whenever i enter small cars.
The only way i usually avoid it is to make sure i continuously eat something throughout the journey and also have direct fresh air. It usually gets worse if the car has AC on and am sitting at the back.

Funny enough, it doesn't happen when i enter most buses or when i drive myself.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

It's actually worse when i don't eat. It's still manageable when i eat something before boarding.

We have the same problem. It gets worse on an empty stomach. On some occasions I actually stop the driver just to vomit. It also gets worse when the car stops by a filling station. It happens when I fly too.

Make sure you take promethazine/piriton 30 minutes before you enter the vehicle.

If you are worried about the sleeping side effect, take hyoscine (trade name - buscopan) instead of piriton.
Each of them is one tablet at once.

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Motion sickness?
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Juanmike(m): 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
OAUTemitayo:

Who be this mumu grin
na your toto be mumu
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Vnn2868(m): 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

I do experience such sometimes...
From my careful observation, I was able to find out the obvious cause of such experience. I have noticed that I do feel sick, like vomiting, headache and my eyes turning whenever I am on my PHONE while traveling (even short distances).
Try to avoid using your phone while traveling or in a car.
I am still experimenting the possible solution(s) because I would wish to watch movies, chat etc while traveling like others do.
Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by mfm04622: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

It is common. It is called motion sickness.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Tycike: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

i used to suffer from the same thing. Just buy bitter kola when ever you want to travel. Cheers
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by ActiveFx: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Avoid eating while traveling and sit so close to were air come in better
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by TalkCity: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2020

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by michealdeco: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

motion sickness, I suffer from this too
I started managing mine by avoiding to sleep hours prior to my travel, then I won't eat and I'll take a fizzy drink and sleep throughout the journey or just close my eyes cus opening them and looking around makes em worse for me, I also travel with TomTom to quench it whenever it starts unexpectedly
I also try as much as possible to sit beside the window for fresh air

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Dies After Lodging With Two Women In A Hotel In Delta / Coronavirus: Italian Patient Recovering Well, Now Eats Amala - Lagos Government / Tijjani Ado Ahmad Slumps And Dies After Arriving America. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.