Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,035 members, 7,838,586 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? (41717 Views)

Please Doctors In The House What Is allergy And How Do I Get Ride Of It? / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / How To Deal Wth Motion (car) Sickness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by caprini1: 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:
I don't know if i'm the only one who has this.

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

Has anybody experienced this?
Do you de-worm often? Those parasites can do major damages to the body systems

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Afam4eva(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kingoslo:
most times the smell of fuel from encourages such. You can chew gum mist times it helps.
Exactly...i also noticed that some cars have certain smells that makes it worse. Especially newer cars.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by lilyheaven: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Take avomide tablet, just one.
That’s what I take each time I’m traveling.
Mine is that I will vomit till I get to my destination

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by dopedan(m): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Mine is my ears feel like they are blocked when im in a car and it is going downhill its so uncomfortable
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by wazobian(m): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
What you have to do is quite simple! I had always experienced it as a child, but when I got older, I found ways to either conquer it or neutralize it to a minimum. I always make sure I have TOMTOM or its cousins, infact, anything that can continuously engage your taste buds. NB: I didn't say chocolate. Again, as often as you can, try to commute in vehicles that are air-conditioned. On one hand, this irritation emanates from the fumes of automobiles and general engine combustion, on the other hand, partial ventilation or a hot vehicle can make you feel irritated and throw up. My advice is this-always seat beside the window if you must take public transport.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by seanwilliam(m): 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

it happens to me too..
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Jeromejnr(m): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Akinya17:
It's motion sickness. Avoid reading or looking out of windows when travelling. Avoid peppery foods if you must eat, take snacks, bread, biscuit instead. Some people take a drop of petrol before travelling, just dip your finger in petrol and lick it.

Dude! seriously, Petrol??
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Codes151(m): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Your wife go enjoy die.

Don’t enter cars.
You hv phobia.

But for your wife, brother and sister.

Even your pastor

For you, there is nothing wrong with you sir
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by mabea: 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

It's actually worse when i don't eat. It's still manageable when i eat something before boarding.
It happens to my kid sis. Try not to read with an empty stomach while traveling
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by sewenbigboi: 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
I have experience it before I always vomit
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by criuze(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
use commercial buses frequently it will help you get use to motions,

I guess that's what stopped my own
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Jeromejnr(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
teelaw4life:
Motion sickness, bro. Happens to me too and like you said, it's always worse whenever I haven't eaten...especially right after I'd brushed my teeth in the morning.
Funny enough, I only experience it when I'm not the one driving. If I'm behind the wheels, I don't experience it.

I don't know any cure for it though, I simply try to have something spicy to eat to reduce the sensation.

Same here with the wheels.

But I can take Avomine now to surpress it.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Beremx(f): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
It happens to me whenever I embark on a long distance travel. I just take avomide to avoid throwing up. It becomes worse whenever I read, bend down and in a vehicle with AC on. Imagine A Cc will be on and I will be sweating profusely.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Toboye(m): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Na because say you never Enter IMPALA or Lambo. If you enter those Fast Cars and your problem still persist that means you have a very Big problem.
Afam4eva:

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by davillian(m): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

I feel you going to be a wealthy man...
My elder bro has same issues
But God made him rich he doesn't travel by road any more...

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by seanwilliam(m): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
lady25:
I have it all the time . Once I am in a vehicle whether land sea or air I get sick. No matter the distance. I have had it for as long as I can remember. It even got worse when I was pregnant grin. But there a few things I do to ease the situation. I always seat by the window put my head outside a little bit and take in fresh air. Whenever I am traveling I buy as much minty sweets as I can (tomtom mentos e.t.c). And the most effective is sleep. Once the vehicle moves I force myself to sleep. I have spoken to a pharmacist about it it once and she prescribed a drug for me. I googled it and I found out it is sleeping pills. It will help you stay calm during the journey Hope it helps
And I don’t think it is caused by the smell of petrol. I have traveled by air land and water and it is the same motion sickness. Although some people become nauseated by the smell of petrol (that is not motion sickness)
meself I'm petrolphobia.... na so so I go dey throw up
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Afam4eva(m): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
teelaw4life:

Funny enough, I only experience it when I'm not the one driving. If I'm behind the wheels, I don't experience it.
Very true.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by adontcare(f): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Used to have it until I start to sit by window side and don't eat until half d journey. Now am ajala d traveler

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Moneyboyz: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
You are not alone, you will notice this doesn't happen when you enter public transport or motorcycle.

It mostly happens when I enter cars with windows winned up and AC running, to add salt to injury, a car with fragrance and AC running.
If you ever wanna enter cars, make sure you sit beside windows with the windows open for fresh air.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Afam4eva(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
davillian:

I feel you going to be a wealthy man...
My elder bro has same issues
But God made him rich he doesn't travel by road any more...
And what makes you think i only travel by road? And when has flying become a measure of wealth? However, i'll say an AMEN to your first message.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Beremx(f): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Exactly...i also noticed that some cars have certain smells that makes it worse. Especially newer cars.
it's not even the smell of the cars , but a particular air freshener used in cars. The sickness can trigger when you are in the traffic too.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by micflo28(m): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
You are lucky cos the rate of car accidents is disturbingly on the rise plus the polutions it brings.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by englois: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
lady25:
I have it all the time . Once I am in a vehicle whether land sea or air I get sick. No matter the distance. I have had it for as long as I can remember. It even got worse when I was pregnant grin. But there a few things I do to ease the situation. I always seat by the window put my head outside a little bit and take in fresh air. Whenever I am traveling I buy as much minty sweets as I can (tomtom mentos e.t.c). And the most effective is sleep. Once the vehicle moves I force myself to sleep. I have spoken to a pharmacist about it it once and she prescribed a drug for me. I googled it and I found out it is sleeping pills. It will help you stay calm during the journey Hope it helps
And I don’t think it is caused by the smell of petrol. I have traveled by air land and water and it is the same motion sickness. Although some people become nauseated by the smell of petrol (that is not motion sickness)

Please, do you mind sharing the name of the sleeping pill?
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Debraody: 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Just have ginger by your side. That is the secret it works like magic..
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by lagdmark(m): 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
DirtyGold:
Go and find a psychotherapist

What's tha business?
Who dey consult psychotherapist in Nigeria when Pastors, Alfa and babalawo dey?
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by kfrosh: 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
I used to encounter this your problem from young age and still do till now sometimes. What I figured out in my own case was that if I enter a moving car without eating, I will def have motion sickness. So once I noticed this, I don't leave my house without eating. Even if I'm leaving home 4.am, I must eat normal breakfast before stepping out. So my advise is for you to try this and see what happens.
Afam4eva:

It's actually worse when i don't eat. It's still manageable when i eat something before boarding.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by SarkinYarki: 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

You must be very hairy
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Froshloaded: 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
I get sick when I drive for long hours too.

Don't know what's wrong
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by frozen70(f): 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

It's called motion sickness
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by donMIG(m): 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
I'm one of them too... I could travel for 1hr tops n once it exceeds 1hr30mins I would start feeling woozy... My head feels different I want to puke... Ordinary kaduna to abuja I dei feel sick inside car... But if I board train I don't feel sick at all...
I kept on telling my brother the day I would have to go to places like lag I would cut the journey into 3-4 days... Each day I would travel 2hrs n another 2hrs n crash at a hotel next day repeat till u reach lag
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by moviemaker: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
It's never happened to me when I drive. I think this has to do with the brain being focused on something. Motion sickness has been a regular occurrence for me since childhood. My only solution has been to drive myself.
Queenext:
Mine was always feeling sick,if I enter any car with AC...I will feel like vomiting,I avoid car with AC then..family and friends knows me with that..but since I bought my car, I don't feel it again..can't drive without AC now sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Dies After Lodging With Two Women In A Hotel In Delta / Coronavirus: Italian Patient Recovering Well, Now Eats Amala - Lagos Government / Tijjani Ado Ahmad Slumps And Dies After Arriving America. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.