Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,874 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:47 PM

PHOTOS: Bus, SUV Collide With Moving Train In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / PHOTOS: Bus, SUV Collide With Moving Train In Lagos (649 Views)

Trucks Collide With Bus In Lagos. 2 Women Killed, Six Injured (Disturbing Pix) / Two Men Hanging On A Moving Train Die After Being Hit By Excavator In Lagos / Multiple Cars Collide With Each Other At Iyana Oworo, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Bus, SUV Collide With Moving Train In Lagos by NwaNimo1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
A commercial bus and an SUV on Monday collided with a train around the PWD area of Oshodi, Lagos State.

It was learnt that one of the persons in the SUV died in the accident while the passengers of the commercial vehicle survived with minimal injuries.

The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said the bus conveying the passengers, suddenly veered onto the tracks and collided with the train.

Oke-Osanyintolu said, “The bus and the Jeep were then dragged along for a stretch of the journey before the train managed to come to a complete halt.

“The Agency was able to successfully extricate the passengers and one life was lost. Casualties have been provided with on-site medical care and discharged. A 20-year-old boy that sustained severe injuries was taken to LASUTH for further treatment.”

https://punchng.com/photos-bus-suv-collide-with-moving-train-in-lagos/

Re: PHOTOS: Bus, SUV Collide With Moving Train In Lagos by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
Lagos, one day, one calamity
Re: PHOTOS: Bus, SUV Collide With Moving Train In Lagos by IamWonderful: 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
Not good
Re: PHOTOS: Bus, SUV Collide With Moving Train In Lagos by Princeton92(m): 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
They should learn to observe N work with road/rail traffic... It's just so hard for some of us Nigerians to cooperate with modern technology
Re: PHOTOS: Bus, SUV Collide With Moving Train In Lagos by airoport: 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2020
EastGold:
Lagos, one day, one calamity
It's just so sad that people refuse to take care. This is just a case of recklessness in quest to be the smarter driver. Even to wait 1 to 2 minutes at traffic light is an issue. At any railway crossing point, no one should wait on the track whether a train is in view or not. Whenever I pass there, I always wait for the vehicles in front to go through whilst those behind mewould impatiently hoot as if I am a dullard!
Just imagine the sorrow in the family of the deceased.
Nairalanders, let's be a light to Nigeria. We can be better off, if educate ourselves and eschew all the negative tendencies.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Bus, SUV Collide With Moving Train In Lagos by helinues: 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
They may be in competition of which is the strongest..
Re: PHOTOS: Bus, SUV Collide With Moving Train In Lagos by NwaNimo1(m): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2020
Princeton92:
They should learn to observe N work with road/rail traffic... It's just so hard for some of us Nigerians to cooperate with modern technology

I'm sure the train failed to sound its horn....

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Bus, SUV Collide With Moving Train In Lagos by Princeton92(m): 9:56pm On Sep 14, 2020
NwaNimo1:

I'm sure the train failed to sound its horn....

I'll have to agree with you on this one
Re: PHOTOS: Bus, SUV Collide With Moving Train In Lagos by Kalapizim(m): 8:19am On Sep 15, 2020
Princeton92:

I'll have to agree with you on this one
They usually do but people don't just listen, you will see traders and all manner of people doing business right on the rail tracks.

Worse of all these new locomotives are faster than previous ones.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video: Accident At Games Village, Abuja This Morning / US Citizens Seeking Italian Citizenship For Healthcare And Free Education / Information About Saudi Arabia Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.