Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,190 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Why Are Cars So Expensive? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Cars So Expensive? (6018 Views)

Why Are Cars So Expensive In Nigeria / Why Girls Like Cars So Much? / These Are The 15 Safest 2018 Cars So Far - IIHS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Cars So Expensive? by promotervickky(m): 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
Please drop your views
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by icenti: 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
Parallel market rate is 460 now and it will still get higher so they sell higher so they can have cash to restock

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by heendrix(m): 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
promotervickky:
Please drop your views

I noticed the hike in the price of Toks vehicle.....i was shocked to know the 03 Camry my friend bought for 1.35 January is now 1.7, 1.8 shocked
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by melviniyke2002(m): 10:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
heendrix:

I noticed the hike in the price of Toks vehicle.....i was shocked to know the 03 Camry my friend bought for 1.35 January is now 1.7, 1.8 shocked
shocked
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by sultaan(m): 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2020
Import duty has gone up, those who usually send card to Nigeria to use the cash for projects are putting things on hold, inventories will not be restocked for a while.Those who source their dollars in Nigeria will find it more expensive to restock until a complete shift in prices.
I cannot bring in a new stock of Corolla for N2.7m when those from February are still in the market for N1.9m.
A
Lot of people with 2 cars will offload for survival things will be reset for a while

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by promotervickky(m): 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
heendrix:

Dealers in Nigeria like taking advantage of things.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by promotervickky(m): 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
icenti:
Parallel market rate is 460 now and it will still get higher so they sell higher so they can have cash to restock

You mean black market?
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by ogawisdom(m): 1:58am On Sep 15, 2020
promotervickky:

Dealers in Nigeria like taking advantage of things.

Spot on

It's just greed and exploitation of customers

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by 9icetoo(m): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2020
promotervickky:
Please drop your views
Where did you buy 383? CBN? Just curious.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by promotervickky(m): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2020
9icetoo:

Where did you buy 383? CBN? Just curious.

Where do you buy your cars from CBN? Just curious.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by OkoroPeugeot(m): 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2020
Do you have dollars at N383 for sale?

I want to buy.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by icenti: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2020
promotervickky:

You mean black market?

Yes
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2020
Try making a payment at 383/$, get back to us with your findings. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by 9icetoo(m): 12:31am On Sep 16, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Sometimes I wonder why he makes some outlandish claims.
And someone up there is already calling dealers names.

SMH.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by king406(m): 3:31am On Sep 16, 2020
383 is not “just”
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by alphaNomega: 5:51am On Sep 16, 2020
It is only in Nigeria cars appreciate (ridiculously) in value

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 16, 2020
9icetoo:

SMH.

Dealers are greedy and inflating prices, and he's not importing his own vehicles to sell and crash prices cheesy

Wait for it, he'll soon tell us his VIN checks can help get cheap vehicles. cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by promotervickky(m): 7:19am On Sep 16, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Before you shoot, try weighing the facts, or are you one of the people inflating the prices of cars? Taking advantage of our citizens?
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by promotervickky(m): 7:22am On Sep 16, 2020
rationalmind:

Dealers are greedy and inflating prices, and he's not importing his own vehicles to sell and crash prices cheesy = This is the solution!

Wait for it, he'll soon tell us his VIN checks can help get cheap vehicles. cool why are you so unfortunate?
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2020
9icetoo:

SMH.

Na sign of person wey no wise.
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by promotervickky(m): 7:54am On Sep 16, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Na sign of person wey no wise.

Mr. HeavenlyBang.

Proverbs 25:17 Let your foot be seldom in your neighbor’s house, lest he have his fill of you and hate you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by Ogbuu101: 8:05am On Sep 16, 2020
promotervickky:

Before you shoot, try weighing the facts, or are you one of the people inflating the prices of cars? Taking advantage of our citizens?
You are not very intelligent.
You run a business that largely depends on referrals and you're here making outlandish claims,causing your fellow naive ppl to call your fellow businessmen who you need their referrals names.
Ppl have been asking you where you got your own $ at 383 but you've been dodging that question.
I will personally buy from you at N400/$,up to 10k $,if you have, PM me

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:12am On Sep 16, 2020
promotervickky:

Mr. HeavenlyBang.

Proverbs 25:17 Let your foot be seldom in your neighbor’s house, lest he have his fill of you and hate you.

You talk too much, and most of it turns out to be nonsense, sadly.

Simple request: Make a payment at 383 and get back to us. If they call a higher price, tell them that CBN said USD is 383.

Rubbish. Such naive non-thoughts from someone who's supposed to be a businessman. Even banks are charging 440/$ on their cards. Do you even understand how the forex market works? Or do you wake up and decide to create a thread on Nairaland for creating sake?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by valarinz: 8:40am On Sep 16, 2020
promotervickky:

You're not smart at all.

You've watched on the sidelines as it seem some people got a lil NL fame by going after car dealers, so you must have assumed that translated to some form of remuneration and now you want to adopt same model, lol.

To make matters worse, your biz depends on those dealers to thrive, if every dealer became the Saint you preach, then no one will pay you 2k to check Vin.

You've been goofing on this thread since and people above have been subtly calling you to order and yet you're still very far from sense.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by valarinz: 8:42am On Sep 16, 2020
Ogbuu101:

You are not very intelligent.
You run a business that largely depends on referrals and you're here making outlandish claims,causing your fellow naive ppl to call your fellow businessmen who you need their referrals names.
Ppl have been asking you where you got your own $ at 383 but you've been dodging that question.
I will personally buy from you at N400/$,up to 10k $,if you have, PM me

Forgive the guy, it's now obvious he's never bought anything abroad or has anyone who's buying sef.

He just reads what cbn writes on pages of newspapers and comes to Nairaland to embarrass himself

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by promotervickky(m): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2020
valarinz:

You're not smart at all.

You've watched on the sidelines as it seem some people got a lil NL fame by going after car dealers, so you must have assumed that translated to some form of remuneration and now you want to adopt same model, lol.

You have publicly defrauded yourself here

To make matters worse, your biz depends on those dealers to thrive, if every dealer became the Saint you preach, then no one will pay you 2k to check Vin.

You've been goofing on this thread since and people above have been subtly calling you to order and yet you're still very far from sense.

You have publicly defrauded yourself, why was I here before? I am here to address issues
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by promotervickky(m): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2020
Conclusion:I created this thread to publicly address the common issue we have currently caused by the pandemic, everyone is taking advantage of the covid-19, when we are supposed to be cutting the effects of it.

It was on Google I got the 383.00naira a few days ago, we buy our cars from mostly Auction website. Or do we buy our vehicles in Black Market?
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by Hauptmann: 9:36am On Sep 16, 2020
promotervickky:
Conclusion:I created this thread to publicly address the common issue we have currently caused by the pandemic, everyone is taking advantage of it, when we are supposed to be cutting the effects of it.

It was on Google I got the 383.00naira a few days ago, we buy our cars from mostly Auction website I think? Or do we buy our vehicles in Black Market?

Now I understand your problem, which is ignorance

You don't understand how forex works, that's why you're posting all these theoretical nonsense, who uses google rates to source forex for transactions?

It seems to be a habit, your tendency to make claims based on very shallow knowledge, I wonder how you even do that vin check biz when you behave like that

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by promotervickky(m): 9:41am On Sep 16, 2020
Hauptmann:

Now I understand your problem, which is ignorance

You don't understand how forex works, that's why you're posting all these theoretical nonsense, who uses google rates to source forex for transactions?

It seems to be a habit, your tendency to make claims based on very shallow knowledge, I wonder how you even do that vin check biz when you behave like that

Nobody talked about forex Executive!
Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by diehard(m): 9:48am On Sep 16, 2020
Why don't we educate the OP instead of insulting him.

Your quoted forex rate from cbn is not available to the ordinary Nigerian that want to import cars, no bank will sell to your at that price. We are left with black market to buy from and their price is far higher, N470 and above. Another problem is if you buy from black market the banks will not allow you to transfer that money abroad to make payment. The last option is to look for Nigerian living abroad that wants to sell their USD and they mostly sell from N430/440.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Cars So Expensive? by valarinz: 10:32am On Sep 16, 2020
promotervickky:

You have publicly defrauded yourself, why was I here before? I am here to address issues

And how exactly did I defraud you or anyone here pls?

Why editing my quote too?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? / Toyota Venza Vs Luxus 330: Which One Is Better? / Is The Nigerian Police Still Issuing ECMR For New Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.