Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me (3661 Views)

Different Varieties Of Noodles Prepared By Me. / Picture Story Of Bush Meat Prepared By Me. / New Year Soup Prepared By Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by mosdii(m): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2020
If you have ever visited the Niger Delta (the ijaw areas mostly) or come across ijaw people anywhere, you will find out that they love plantain alot.

A typical ijaw person is a lover of plantain. Some people must have heard about Bole and Fish or Onunu(pounded yam & ripe plantain with native sauce) as the most popular plantain delicacy in ijaw land and Niger Delta at large but that is not the case.

Plantain pottage known as Kekefiyai (KKF) in ijaw language is the most popular delicacy.

KKF is the traditional food of ijaws.

It is a pottage made with chopped unripened plantains, fish and other sea foods.
it can be eaten with pepper soup or starch.

If you ever visit any Ijaw environment, please do ask of this meal and have a taste of it.

Son Of A Caterer

Proudly ijaw

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by tutudesz: 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
mosdii:
If you have ever visited the Niger Delta (the ijaw areas mostly) or come across ijaw people anywhere, you will find out that they love plantain alot.

A typical ijaw person is a lover of plantain. Some people must have heard about Bole and Fish or Onunu(pounded yam & ripe plantain with native sauce) as the most popular plantain delicacy in ijaw land and Niger Delta at large but that is not the case.

Plantain pottage known as Kekefiyai (KKF) in ijaw language is the most popular delicacy.

KKF is the traditional food of ijaws.

It is a pottage made with chopped unripened plantains, fish and other sea foods.
it can be eaten with pepper soup or starch.
You be FBI
Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by mosdii(m): 7:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
tutudesz:
You be FBI

No
Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by tutudesz: 12:29am On Sep 23, 2020
mosdii:

No
You no be BY boy
Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by mosdii(m): 7:49am On Sep 23, 2020
tutudesz:
You no be BY boy

I be Confirm BY boy
Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by mosdii(m): 7:04am On Oct 29, 2020
MissyB3

tjskii

lalasticlala

abeg make una do the needful
Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by mosdii(m): 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2021
ingredients used for preparing this sumptuous meal includes;
1. Unripe plantain
2. Dried fresh fish (Abah in ijaw dialect)
3. Snail
4. Scent leaf
5. Fresh pepper
6. Red oil
7. Seasoning

It can be eaten with Starch, Fufu, Eba because of the red sauce.
Red oil is the sweetner of this ijaw delicacy.
Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by pocohantas(f): 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2021
The only thing remaining is a T-junction.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by iamyemiakins(m): 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2021
Ẹbọ kànkà ti n ka'gún láyà

Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by iamyemiakins(m): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2021
After eating the meal halfway you be like...

E choke!

Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by adecz: 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2021
Oyel everywhere..... shocked shocked
Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by mosdii(m): 7:30am On Jan 05, 2021
adecz:

Oyel everywhere..... shocked shocked
That's the beauty of the food
Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by mosdii(m): 7:30am On Jan 05, 2021
iamyemiakins:
After eating the meal halfway you be like...

E choke!

Try it first
Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by mosdii(m): 7:32am On Jan 05, 2021
pocohantas:
The only thing remaining is a T-junction.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Are you from the Niger Delta to know T-Junction?
You already know chef, I can rival you in cooking some dishes.

I learn from your recipe too despite I been taught by a caterer mom.

I love food and I love cooking though weird for a man.
Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by mariahAngel(f): 8:56am On Jan 05, 2021
mosdii:

Are you from the Niger Delta to know T-Junction?
You already know chef, I can rival you in cooking some dishes.

I learn from your recipe too despite I been taught by a caterer mom.

I love food and I love cooking though weird for a man.

Tip: Next time, when you dish out your food after cooking, make sure to clean the stained edges of the plate with a kitchen/paper towel before taking pictures/serving.
It makes it more appealing to the eyes/lens.

Good presentation of food is everything, bad presentation discredits your hard work/effort.

You did well by the way.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me by mosdii(m): 11:59am On Jan 05, 2021
mariahAngel:

Tip: Next time, when you dish out your food after cooking, make sure to clean the stained edges of the plate with a kitchen/paper towel before taking pictures/serving.
It makes it more appealing to the eyes/lens.

Good presentation of food is everything, bad presentation discredits your hard work/effort.

You did well by the way.

Gratzia

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

i need guide/steps on how to prepare a delicious catfish Barbecue / I Don't Know How To Cook! / Vegetables That Promote Quick Purging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.