Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

..... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ..... (1600 Views)

My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? / My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids / "Doctors Told Me I Will Have A Child 5 Years After My Accident But Now" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by missypurple1(f): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2020

1 Like

Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 18, 2020
Difinitely from the mom.

There's a woman I know. She's fund of saying trash and the children have copied her and are now talking exactly like her. Imagine her two year old saying " thunder fire you" and some despicable words not expected of a toddler. So call the moms attention to it and ask her a few questions.

1 Like

Re: ..... by BigEcommerce: 9:47am On Sep 18, 2020
Many kids go through lots of trauma but does not know how to express it. Dont blame the kid, watch him/her closely.

1 Like

Re: ..... by mariahAngel(f): 9:49am On Sep 18, 2020
missypurple1:
I tutor children
one of my ward who's just 5 years old pointed at the picture of an hurricane in his brother's book and said " I want to jump inside there and die, so that I can be free from all this stress of the world"
He repeated it twice I had to caution him!
Brothers and Sisters of the world I was shocked
Where do you think he learnt it from?
Abi is it movies?
I'm thinking of taking up with his mom.
Please parents try and monitor what your children watch

This is hard to believe.
What does a child even know about swirling and rushing winds?
Re: ..... by Dundalk(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2020
Definitely I think dey are striving to survive by all means.. That show dey aren't okay in there family.. Either his mom and dad having issues, or they financially need help.. Such like feeding and co...

That is suicidal though from a child...

1 Like

Re: ..... by donbachi(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2020
He could be a product of abusive marriage..and i believe one of his parent uses some kind of suicidal words.

1 Like

Re: ..... by chatinent: 10:06am On Sep 18, 2020
It implies every entertainment nowadays corrupts the mind.

1 Like

Re: ..... by crackhaus: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2020
missypurple1:
I tutor children
one of my ward who's just 5 years old pointed at the picture of an hurricane in his brother's book and said " I want to jump inside there and die, so that I can be free from all this stress of the world"
He repeated it twice I had to caution him!
Brothers and Sisters of the world I was shocked
Where do you think he learnt it from?
Abi is it movies?
I'm thinking of taking up with his mom.
Please parents try and monitor what your children watch
For someone who tutors children, you don't seem very good at getting them to open up to you...no offence.

You don't 'caution' a child who says something odd like that, it will probably make him retreat and never want to admit things in front of you again.

Unless you meant something else by the word 'caution'.

That aside, having a 'grown-up like' conversation with kids of these days is what they like... they will open up to you about every thing as long as they know you won't judge or tell on them behind their backs.

Sure you should take it up with his mom, but let him know first that is what you intend to do, otherwise he's going to be careful about what he says around you going forward.

12 Likes

Re: ..... by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 11:33am On Sep 18, 2020
Life .. our kids are always more exposed than we think
Re: ..... by missypurple1(f): 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
crackhaus:

For someone who tutors children, you don't seem very good at getting them to open up to you...no offence.

You don't 'caution' a child who says something odd like that, it will probably make him retreat and never want to admit things in front of you again.

Unless you meant something else by the word 'caution'.

That aside, having a 'grown-up like' conversation with kids of these days is what they like... they will open up to you about every thing as long as they know you won't judge or tell on them behind their backs.

Sure you should take it up with his mom, but let him know first that is what you intend to do, otherwise he's going to be careful about what he says around you going forward.

Thanks
but it shows people comprehend write ups differently.... he was repeatedly saying it that was why I had to stop him, there were other children around....
This is just my way of advising parents to monitor the contents their wards are exposed to
Re: ..... by Richy4(m): 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
5 year old?... Talking about stress?.. in that case, the world will soon come to an end.. angry
Re: ..... by mariahAngel(f): 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2020
missypurple1:

Thanks
but it shows people comprehend write ups differently.... he was repeatedly saying it that was why I had to stop him, there were other children around....
This is just my way of advising parents to monitor the contents their wards are exposed to

You can only know what exactly to ask the child if you are a psychologist.
The poor child needs a psychologist to help him understand what he's feeling.

1 Like

Re: ..... by GboyegaD(m): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2020
The child needs an expert to know what the problem is and truly needs more love in his life. He's too young to be talking about stress.

1 Like

Re: ..... by DontBullshitMe: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
Lies.
Re: ..... by Exmilitant(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2020
Not our typical ajekpako child i bet.

Re: ..... by merieam16(f): 11:48pm On Sep 18, 2020
".......want to be free frm the stress of this world" really! U need to tell the mom abt it
Re: ..... by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 19, 2020
5year old talking about stress in the world, that's odd. Instead of just cautioning him, you should've asked more questions.

Biko discuss with the mum asap.
Re: ..... by Mindlog: 4:32am On Sep 19, 2020
Reality is that, we tend to live in denial that a 5 year old can't be having suicidal ideations. The child is certainly depressed and it is very important to immediately let the parents (if father is in the picture) know and advise them to promptly seek the professional help of a child psychologist (if possible, one that also has certification in play therapy).

1 Like

Re: ..... by faithfull18(f): 7:58am On Sep 19, 2020
Hmmn!

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For You To Be Eating With Your Wife In Same Plate? / Household Clearance Items For Sale / I Love Her But Her Gran-mother,her Uncle And Her Aunty don't Like Me.what Do I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.