Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old (27045 Views)

TECNO Camon 16 Premier First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / OPPO A9 2020 Unboxing And Review - After 1 Month Of Use / OPPO A9 2020 officially launched in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by Rossah(f): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2020
Oppo speaks and act quality nt quantity......only a naive person who knows nothing about phones can yield to this comparison.........it Oppo or no phone.
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by Rossah(f): 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
Emeka71:
Go for OPPO A9 if you are for cheap article but buy TECNO Canon 16 if you want to enjoy real quality.
It Oppo or no phone........ classic and quality is what they dish out, nt I pass my neighbor phone
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by Jacku: 1:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
Nice review. I feel after this G90T that TECNO has used, they'll still upgrade to better chipsets later on in other devices.
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by Jacku: 1:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
Barryyabilsu:
instead of comparing the tecno to Redmi note 8 pro you are comparing it with oppo. Nigerian marketers get ish
why? What's wrong with the comparison?
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by Jacku: 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
Abiodunspectre:
Hello Nairalanders

Pitting two smartphones released with a considerable time gap between them (about a year in this case) can offer up quite an interesting comparison. While we get to see the latest technology on one side, we get to also see some of our favourite features on the older smartphone.

Today, we will be comparing the TECNO Camon 16 Premier with the OPPO A9. The Camon 16 Premier is one of the latest smartphones from the stables of Transsion Holdings. Launched in September of 2020, this smartphone is expected to bring a number of new features to the table which we would be looking at today.

The OPPO A9, on the other hand, was launched in September of 2019 and boasts a number of interesting specs which we will be occupying ourselves with today.

The Camon 16 Premier bears a larger display, clocking in at 6.9 inches. It also brings with it a 90Hz refresh rate and a better resolution than its rival, this simply means it provides better and brighter images, making it extremely useful for users who enjoy editing their photos.

The A9 brings a bigger 5000mah battery to the table than the 4500mah of the Camon 16 Premier. It also offers up different RAM variants. It is far cheaper than the Camon 16 Premier and is a wonderful option for buyers who want something less expensive.

The Camon 16 Premier has a newer Android version with all the latest security features, unlike its counterpart which launched with the Android 9 Pie.

It also has more selfie cameras with supposedly better numbers than the A9, but we all know how camera comparisons are not as simple as they seem. So, it is not particularly certain that the Camon 16 Premier offers a better photography experience in spite of the “better numbers”.

The A9 weighs less than the Camon 16 Premier and is easier to keep in certain pockets or smaller spaces. It also supports 4G technology, boasts the same onboard storage space, and also offers a quad-rear camera setup.

The Camon 16 Premier offers a better display quality, meaning that users can enjoy surfing the web, learning on their favourite online platforms or catching up on the latest information in the world on a larger, faster screen.

It offers adequate onboard storage for users, and also brings an additional 512GB for individuals who love to store a lot of information on their smartphones, or who want to be able to access most of their data on the go.

While the OPPO A9 has its pros, like its larger battery, cheaper pricing or different RAM options, the Camon 16 Premier wins this head-to-head between these mid-range smartphones. Its better specs, alongside a more recent software version sees it best the OPPO A9.

However, the improved specs of the Camon 16 Premier come at a higher price of ₦115,900 while OPPO A9 is priced at ₦89,900. Check affixed screenshot for Specifications.

What do you think about the comparison?

https://mobilityarena.com/tecno-camon-16-premier-vs-oppo-a9/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=-newsletter-post-title-and-newsletter-total-other-stories_1
I'll definitely pick TECNO everyday of the week, twice on Saturday and thrice on Sunday grin
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by scarycuteface(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2020
Nice review
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by Mohbola(f): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
After this G90T, hopefully tecno will upgrade to better chipset
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Tecno is trash, I've never liked trash-no

TECNO is not trash.
Get their last device.
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
Okaakoko:
How can you compare two phones, with a year difference?

The year difference is not even up to one.
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
Farki:
The Techno is actually worth the price.

Yes.
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
samwillyco1:
They should do something about the battery capacity, and the price is too high for my liking oo, because it won't be up to three months they will bring Camon 17

Atleast read the comparison.
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by samwillyco1(m): 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
Abiodunspectre:

Atleast read the comparison.

I did my dear
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by YangaBabe: 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2020
They are both great devices, lovely specs on both of them though comparing two devices with a year gap can be tricky cos time flies and technology evolves fast too. Great specs the Camon 16 premier got though I wouldn't tag a N115,800 device as mid range.
Re: Tecno Camon 16 Premier Vs Oppo A9 : The New Against The Old by YangaBabe: 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
Mohbola:
After this G90T, hopefully tecno will upgrade to better chipset
yeah, but I think the G90T is a fantastic chipset too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Been Cheated By A Network Provider / Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans / MTN Introduces New Hourly Data Plans For Youtube Streaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.