Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? (10524 Views)

Poll: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree?

yes: 43% (76 votes)
no: 48% (86 votes)
maybe/notsure: 7% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Melbourne Is Most Livable City In The World! / Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). / Accra - 2nd Most Livable City In Africa (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by buzugee(m): 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2011
these libyans are crazy. they are trying to kick out a man who made their city look like that ? these fools need to spend a week in nigeria, they will beg ghaddafi to stay in power when they return back home. fools
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by Shock(m): 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2011
I have just read through the actual report and I consider it highly biased and misleading.

The report neglects advances in infrastructural developments and a larger chunk of the qualitative research was based on Judgments of "in house analysts". . .literally speaking, some "oyinbo" in New York or London whose idea of a Lagos is restricted to what he/she saw in a recent documentary of "Welcome to Lagos" conducted by BBC, is left to conduct ratings on the State.

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by EzeUche2(m): 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2011
I love Calabar. A beautiful city, filled with beautiful people. What more can you ask for? And Efik women, need I say more? I praise Obasi that I am able to speak Ibibio fluently and blend in with the good people of Calabar.

And to all the people who want to open up the port to Calabar, I say NO! That city is too beautiful for that sort of industrialization. Focus on Port Harcourt, but allow Calabar to become the Miami of Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by naijaking1: 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2011
^^^
That's my point.
Every city should be allowed to grow at their own rate, if they want.
Calabar could decide for or against becoming a major shipping hub, it should be left for the people of the area to do so, understanding the risks and benefits.
The federal goverment should only control customs and othe federal agancies, not be the decider of who develops and at what rate.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by monkeyleg: 8:09pm On Feb 27, 2011
Lagos is s strange one, you either love it or hate it, but sometimes it take spending some time there to appreciate whatever it has to offer

but i would accept the universal stance on Calabar, beautiful town with beautiful people, for those who want peace, choose Calabar, if you can cope with the craziness of lagos, then it has its appeal
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by aloyemeka1: 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2011
Shock:

I have just read through the actual report and I consider it  highly biased and misleading. 

The report neglects advances in infrastructural  developments and a larger chunk of the qualitative research was based on Judgments of "in house analysts". . .literally speaking, some "oyinbo" in New York or London whose idea of a Lagos is restricted to what he/she saw in a recent documentary of "Welcome to Lagos" conducted by BBC, is left to conduct ratings on the State. 

So you actually believe that Nigeria has a city that can measure up with international standards?. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by EzeUche2(m): 8:23pm On Feb 27, 2011
aloy/emeka:

So you actually believe that Nigeria has a city that can measure up with international standards?. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Abuja?
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by naijaking1: 8:51pm On Feb 27, 2011
^^^
Try again.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by ibedun: 11:25pm On Feb 27, 2011
Oyinbos!!!!

They sure know how to demoralise and confuse us.

Lagos is a great place and its never as bad as we are always too quick to believe.

Most of this 'international' surveys are really meant for western audiences and their endless ego trips.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by DaLover(m): 11:34pm On Feb 27, 2011
ibedun:

Oyinbos!!!!

They sure know how to demoralise and confuse us.

Lagos is a great place and its never as bad as we are always too quick to believe.

Most of this 'international' surveys are really meant for western audiences and their endless ego trips.

Guy wake up from your slumber, stop decieving yourself
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by candylips(m): 11:44pm On Feb 27, 2011
This list is a joke Manilla is not even in the bottom ten and it is a worse place than Lagos
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by member479760: 2:46am On Feb 28, 2011
The best place for one to live is where one can make a good living financially, if there are no enough well paying jobs in a city for ordinary persons then counting such a place as one of the best place to live is questionable, else such a place can be classifield as best place for retirement.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by http(m): 2:56am On Feb 28, 2011
What do you expect from the analysis or whatever they call it.
Robish,

Let them do same analysis on other things, u will always find africa as the worst this, worst that, yet some of there so called cities are modern slum like some part of the famous New York et all.

I don't believe this western media or whatever they are call.

I know we will get there.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by 190: 3:12am On Feb 28, 2011
what about LIBYA

that place is worse than lagos innit undecided
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by ndukwejoe(m): 4:21am On Feb 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

To be honest, I wouldnt live in Lagos.
I stayed in Lagos for a week during my vacation, words couldnt describe how happy I was finally get to Ekiti state.
Imagine suffocating with 50 other peeps in a bus made for 10 ppl angry Each person trying to sell their own fake Aba-made products grin

I never knew Holyghost water mixed with Blessing-of-God could be sold in a plastic bottle till I went to Lagos.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin u one try.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by naijasing(f): 6:22am On Feb 28, 2011
too hectic,
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by ziccoit: 7:53am On Feb 28, 2011
if you call your village city, you are on your own 0 o. Come, how many cities do we have in Nigeria gan?
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by FabulousE1: 9:18am On Feb 28, 2011
THAT REPORT IS A FAT DAMN AND BLOODY LIE! HOW MANY KIDNAPPING,RIOTS OF MASSACRE,DEATHS HAS IT RECORDED FROM THE UNCEPT AND STILL A MILLION FOREIGHERS, INVESTORS TROOP IN AND OUT WITHOUT FEAR.

THE MEDIA SHOULD TAKE THEIR TIME IN MAKING SUCH REPORTS OR ELSE PERSONNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GO VANISH.

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by starman1: 9:34am On Feb 28, 2011
I THINK OTHER NIGERIAN CITIES WILL FARE BETTER, IN SOME QUARTERS I DOUBT THEIR ANALYSIS BECAUSE OTHER CITIES (including Nigeria) COULD BE WORSE.

EMP

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by Exponental(m): 9:38am On Feb 28, 2011
I disagree. lagos is becoming better now. On the otherhand, are there only 140 cities in the world.

Campaign opportunity for PDP
not withstanding, AC has an edge.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by bidemi12(m): 9:53am On Feb 28, 2011
buzugee:

these libyans are crazy. they are trying to kick out a man who made their city look like that ? these fools need to spend a week in nigeria, they will beg ghaddafi to stay in power when they return back home. fools

Another crazy Nigerian who has been psychologicaly raped to the extent that he knows nothing between political slavery and freedom.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 28, 2011
I know Lagos is bad but it cant be that bad
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by lanrewajew(m): 10:38am On Feb 28, 2011
I read thru dis thread, nd think al it needs is common sense. 1) D topic of d thread doesnt tally wif d suportn write up (link). 2) i smell flaws cos i checkd tru d list, nd culdnt see a realistic yardstick used. 3) cities are measured on dfrnt parameters- economy, social services, security, infrastructure, pol. stability and so on. It surprises me 2 hear sum1 compare Lag 2 Abj nd Cal jst lyk dat. U need 2 suprt ur claims wif parameters used. 4) Lagos is west africa's commercial hub, lagos airport is preferd destination to 30 airlines unequald in WA. Lagos has WA's busiest seaport. Lagos is growing at a fast pace even without FG's suport, dat tels u of sustainabilty. But stil has an enormous task wif transport, infrastructure, security and gud city plan. So it al depends on wer u want 2 rate her. Quoting d CNN reporter on d Eko Atlantic City documentary (INSIDE AFRICA), "Lagos is d signature city of Nigeria, and wil soon xtend 2 africa". U knw d reason 4 dis comment? They sense gud governance!
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by bestinlife: 10:39am On Feb 28, 2011
What i hate most in lag. is the traffic jam no mata where u r goin, i'm of d opinion dat lag shld b splited in2 two states.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by Joyland(m): 10:57am On Feb 28, 2011
It's untrue, period.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by segcymoor(m): 11:12am On Feb 28, 2011
Yes! lagos is nt good enough to live especially for poor people. my root is Ekiti but i am born and breaad in lagos but i never regret live in because i cant make what i make anywhere in nigeria.
, It is all about make life better anywhere u find urself, i never fall sick in my life and i drink Lagos water
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by tayoTFC(m): 11:24am On Feb 28, 2011
it the 4th worst livable city yet every body want to come to lagos for business,,,,,, if u can note live in lagos there is no way u will survive living in abroad, greedy ppl, eko oni baje,
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by boobfan: 11:28am On Feb 28, 2011
Fabulous E:

THAT REPORT IS A FAT DAMN AND BLOODY LIE! HOW MANY KIDNAPPING,RIOTS OF MASSACRE,DEATHS HAS IT RECORDED FROM THE UNCEPT AND STILL A MILLION FOREIGHERS, INVESTORS TROOP IN AND OUT WITHOUT FEAR.

THE MEDIA SHOULD TAKE THEIR TIME IN MAKING SUCH REPORTS OR ELSE PERSONNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GO VANISH.

What a f**ck did you post here.Is there any correlation between this pix and the topic? Why not ease your sexual urge in SEXUALITY SECTION of this land? You are a boy scout and that pix was taken by me originally!
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by FabulousE1: 11:48am On Feb 28, 2011
Give ur self a Clap. p, K A, !
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by campella(m): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2011
nex:

You mean Lagos is the 137th best livable city in the world? I don't know why you're talking backwards.

My brother, help me hear. I don't understand.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by lovejo(m): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2011
People should appreciates it that Lagos can be on the list.
How many cities do we have in the world? more than 10000, so if Lagos is 137 livable is not meant that Lagos is listed as baddest city to live.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? by zarfi(m): 12:48pm On Feb 28, 2011
guys it is not as bad as u see it. of all the cities in the world lagos was picked as one of the 140 livable ones. it was only in ranking those 140 cities that lag came out as 4th worse livable. of course there are worse cities out there but they are not considered livable by the standards of this survey. i hate lagos but i am kinda proud that it made the cut. my opinion!

What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra / Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30