Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

My Employer Is Refusing To Pay Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Employer Is Refusing To Pay Me (386 Views)

Can I Sue My Employer For This?? / My Employer Is Shortchanging Me / My Former Employer Is About To Cheat Me, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Employer Is Refusing To Pay Me by wellmax(m): 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hello people, I need your help.
I got this job in Lagos. Everything was fine until I saw that the firm lacks structure and the MD is everything; from HR to Account… just everything. I started losing interest and happiness with the way he rubbishes every staff. After some time, I decided to resign and gave one month’s notice as requested. I served the one month and left honorable.
The problem now is I was paid just a little above half of my salary. I sent emails and sms to the MD requesting for explanations as to the deductions, he just ignores, when I call he just rejects my calls. No replies, nothing.

What can I do again to get my full pay.
Thank you.
Re: My Employer Is Refusing To Pay Me by wellmax(m): 10:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
Cc CrazyMan, 1forall
Re: My Employer Is Refusing To Pay Me by Minjim: 10:41pm On Sep 20, 2020
Get a lawyer to write a letter to him. He should threaten to sue him if he doesn't do the right thing.
Make sure the lawyer uses a letterhead paper.

Such has happened at my work place b4.
The lady informed a lawyer relation who threatened to sue our boss. He said his chambers had been receiving numerous complaints of him not paying his workers when they resign.
My boss hurriedly paid the lady her money.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Refusing To Pay Me by Minjim: 10:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
Don't take the letter there yourself O.
Have someone deliver it. And he should make sure the receipt is acknowledged

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Refusing To Pay Me by FatherCHRISTMAS: 7:28am On Sep 21, 2020
What were the terms of engagement? I think it's best you consider sending people first instead of engaging a lawyer, except you have no intention of listing his establishment as previous place of employment.
Re: My Employer Is Refusing To Pay Me by wellmax(m): 9:27am On Sep 21, 2020
FatherCHRISTMAS:
What were the terms of engagement? I think it's best you consider sending people first instead of engaging a lawyer, except you have no intention of listing his establishment as previous place of employment.
No other terms apart from giving one month's notice. I gave 33 days and fulfilled all other exit processes.

I am not listing the company on my CV.

Thank you Minjim
Re: My Employer Is Refusing To Pay Me by FatherCHRISTMAS: 9:27am On Sep 22, 2020
wellmax:

I am not listing the company on my CV
then get in touch with a lawyer if you haven't . I honestly hate people trying to chat another person who has sacrificed their time and sweat

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Computer Wizard And Earn Money From The Comfort Of Your Home / My Two Years Experience With Bitcoin. / Where Can Solidworks User Get Job In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.