Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (48467 Views)

Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom Is one of the Most Cleanest City In Nigeria ..photos / Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by ucheuzor1(m): 7:16am On Sep 21, 2020
My City. I love ikot ekpene alot. Served there in 2018. So caring and loving. I also missed my bannys there cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 21, 2020
Shizzyguy:

Lol but it was never compared to Lekki though but truth is Ikot Ekpene is a nice place. Very good road network and good link roads to Abak and Uyo. I particularly like the Ikot Ekpene to Abak dual carriage and consider it one of the best roads I have travelled on.

Seriously Lekki more beautiful than Ikot Ekpene!!!!!!!!! Bros Lagos is so overrated nothing fantastic about it. If you say Abuja i would agree but not anywhere in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Anny505(m): 7:20am On Sep 21, 2020
Op you almost forgot something oo, but sha lemme remind you.

Ikot Ekpene is also the cultism capital of the state. Don't forget to tell people that.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Excuses: 7:28am On Sep 21, 2020
Jaghut:
Nice town and quite clean too. My advice to would-be tourists: take extra care of your head when visiting in those parts

Annang people are serious cannibals

U mean they eat people in akwa-ibom state..
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Bizibi(m): 7:30am On Sep 21, 2020
Jaghut:
Nice town and quite clean too. My advice to would-be tourists: take extra care of your head when visiting in those parts

hmmmm....noted
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by doctore212(m): 7:31am On Sep 21, 2020
How much Oloshos dey charge there for TDB because that's a major factor

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by witnezHD(m): 7:37am On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Not holding brief for any politicians ,but was Rochas allocation the same as Akpabio/Akwa ibom? Some of you do not think before you comment.
really......
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:40am On Sep 21, 2020
byrron:

Meaning that Imo states allocation was only big enough for the building of statutes by Rochas.
My brother tell am ooo. And he belives he thinks before commenting

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:45am On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Not holding brief for any politicians ,but was Rochas allocation the same as Akpabio/Akwa ibom? Some of you do not think before you comment.
See who think before e comment ooh. So Imo's allocation has become too small for more meaningful developments despite being a a Niger/Delta state? .

3 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Tonytonex(m): 7:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l_lHh1S1rA

Watch the aerial video footage of ikot Ekpene before you argue.

If you are young an just starting life and looking for a place with good roads, good schools, low crime rate, affordable city and a perfect place to raise kids,
Look no further Ikot Ekpene is the place for you. Its 15mins. From Uyo Akwa ibom state capital with well articulated road networks that will mesmerize you.
Its 70mins from Victor attah international airport.
And very close to Aba and umuahia though the road to aba and umuahia are terrible.
the place is very lovely goodness . so that Aba road is not still repaired up till now.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Liposure: 7:55am On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:
Ritman university ikot Ekpene
damn those girls

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by fashrola(m): 7:56am On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:
Ikot ekpene

This should be the maximum prisons
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Tonytonex(m): 8:01am On Sep 21, 2020
yes, it is. cause, it's a very beautiful city. with cool environment and good loving people.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by fashrola(m): 8:02am On Sep 21, 2020
Jaghut:

Do you just love being stupid on a public forum?

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by fashrola(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2020
Sysdatek:
Lots of Igbo people love there

Things are cheap

Its clean

Close to uyo. 20 mins drive

Influx of goods from aba

A commercial town

Yeah that's true.... In short they are two major languages there: Annang and Igbo

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by otokx(m): 8:13am On Sep 21, 2020
Nice pictures but where are the jobs? Liked their Akara and groundnuts during my short sojourn there, also their ekpo masquerade, this is the raffia town.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by tomdon(m): 8:14am On Sep 21, 2020
If the oil money wasn't going into individuals pockets then it should not be a big deal to have a great city
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by edoairways: 8:19am On Sep 21, 2020
Goalnaldo:
Nigerians never seize to amaze me. The write up says Ikot Ekpene is in akwa ibom. Wetin con concern calabar for here undecided cheesy
And you couldn't figure it out that Calabar was used as an illustration
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by ufotty2001: 8:20am On Sep 21, 2020
Beautiful than overrated lekki

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by edoairways: 8:22am On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Am not sure you know what you are saying... Honestly
Of course I know what am saying. Donald Duke media team flooded the media with tourism. Tinapa ,marina resort and Calabar carnival was advertised more on the media.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Freksy(m): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2020
durasome:
talk about every other thing yes but hospitality, It's s big NO,they are damn racist. I remember growing up as a Young boy in that state,even in primary school you attend you see teachers being racist towards you,maybe it's their inferiority complex. afaha obong to be precise

If I didn’t know the people you describe as racists, probably, I would have believed what you say. Sorry, you are lying.

Do you mean as a pupil then, the teachers saw you as superior to, or better than them?

Contrary to the allegation, I am seeing them as a people who are proud of who they are and what they have.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Convention107: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2020
see city like 3d graphics ..lovely

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:26am On Sep 21, 2020
edoairways:

And you couldn't figure it out that Calabar was used as an illustration
oh my bahd sorry bro.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by DICKstractor: 8:28am On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:
I still rate it higher after Eket... Third best City in Akwa Ibom state after Uyo and Eket but Oron eeee
Mynd44... Na front page ebi

I stay in eket and I can say IK is more beautiful than eket. I rarely see this kind of structures in eket

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by nams77: 8:28am On Sep 21, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Forget Ikot-Ekene, Akwa Ibom as a whole is lovely.
From the beautiful landscape to their oil deposits.
From their variety of delicacies to their hospitality and tourism industry.
This state is bae.

The capital city boasts of the best stadium in the country, world class mall, main library e t.c.

My dream City to live in in this declining country. I love AKIBM .
Hope to spend lovely moments there.

Just waiting for Baba to pick my calls
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by edoairways: 8:31am On Sep 21, 2020
Goalnaldo:
oh my bahd sorry bro.
No problem
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Lush100(m): 8:35am On Sep 21, 2020
Stayed in iko ekpene and eket in 2010.
Preferred eket though.
But as u can see it was a long time ago.

Though Ex Gov Akpakbio did good long lasting roads covering good grounds is many parts of Uyo especially akwa ibom but the guy chop money die live.

Atouke:
Ikot ekpene is actually a great city to live in Nigeria, it's very affordable and you avoid the high rent in Uyo the capital city while you are 20 mins drive from uyo in a dualized autobahn.
Ikot ekpene is a great place for young adults just starting life, but you must have entrepreneurial drive, cos there are no jobs like every where else in Nigeria.
Ikot ekpene has the federal government college, state polytechnic , and the federal poly ukana is a stone throw, it also has the Ritman University ikot ekpene, for those who are school age.
A city park, for picnics and family hangout, a numbers of relaxation spots and Raffia Arts is the major handwork of the people of this area.
Raffia arts made in ikot ekpene is famous worldwide, even the colonialists have been known to dabble in arts from this area, the wooden mask carved in Ikot ekpene is also very famous.
The Oil palm business in hqt in this area.

Ikot ekpene is a much older city than Uyo, it was the first Experimental Local government in British west Africa, ie this is where the British started the idea of local government administration in west Africa. Ikot ekpene has lots of colonial architecture that will mesmerize you, especially the churches.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by idahme(m): 8:40am On Sep 21, 2020
Jaghut:

Guy stop this, it doesn't pay.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by themaestro08(m): 8:41am On Sep 21, 2020
Such a disgusting shit hole angry angry.

By the way is that a round about or a public square? Nna eh, this country is just too mediocre. cheesy grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Abagworo(m): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Rugaria:
This is what Rochas was not able to do in Orlu for 8 solid years... Busy shouting "my people my people" while others were busy working..

I guess Peter Obi did it in Agulu and Ngige did it in Alor. Nonsense and ingredients. Eastern Palm University Ogboko which is Rochas Hometown is the best structured University in the entire Southeast and probably South-south.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2020
e fine nobi small
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by manuelreports: 8:57am On Sep 21, 2020
montumonami:
Ik is beautiful but I don't think it's more beautiful than Lekki. That's where I did my primary school.
Abeg where fine for Lekki?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Moment Ibom Air Made Its Official Take Off Today For Abuja (Pics,Video) / Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation / Plane Conveying Pilgrims Crash Lands In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.