Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend (18279 Views)

African Senior Athletics Championship: How we fared in Mauritius / EFL Cup: How Nigerian Players Fared For Their Clubs / How Nigerian Players Fared In European Leagues Last Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by ghettokid1(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2020
Goal review the nation’s best performers around the world this weekend, and name a few who under-performed.
Too Good: Moses Simon
When Nantes found themselves 2-0 down vs Saint Etienne with 66 minutes played, it looked like a second defeat on the trot was in the offing.
However, Simon began their comeback by halving the deficit five minutes after the visitors’ second, before Renaud Emond made it 2-2 five minutes from time.
The Nigeria winger has now opened his account for the season and will now target getting more than last season’s return of five in Ligue 1.

Too Bad: Semi Ajayi
West Bromwich Albion were thrashed 5-2 at Evertonon Saturday’s early kick-off, and Ajayi was part of the backline that allowed a quintet of goals at Goodison Park.
In fairness, The Albion were undone by Kieran Gibbs’ silly sending off just before half-time, which saw the away side capitulate after the break.
Slaven Bilic’s team have now conceded eight goals in just 180 minutes of Premier League football and, with Chelseato come next week, may allow even more in spite of the defensive 5-4-1 formation the boss has utilised so far in the top flight.

Too Good: Victor Osimhen
With Napoli struggling to break down a resolute, defensive side in Parma, Gennaro Gattuso introduced the Nigeria forward for his debut appearance on the hour.
Indeed, Osimhen’s half-hour introduction turned the game inGli Azzurri’s favour and they went on to score two goals in the final 30 minutes.
The Super Eagle created four chances and had two attempts that went just off target in only 30 minutes of action at Stadio Ennio Tardini, teasing what’s to come this season in Serie A.
Having thrived on his first appearance, Osimhen has definitely put himself in contention for a start against Genoa next Sunday.
[img]https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/GOAL/a8/17/victor-osimhen-napoli_myef3vsur0fp1ujbjf1456gvw.jpg?t=-1480853228&quality=60&w=400[/img]
Too Bad: Simy

A lot had been said prior to Simy’s second time in the Serie A and firing blanks on his return to the top flight with Crotone will only increase doubts about his ability to thrive in the league.
Away at Genoa on Sunday, a side that ended last season in 17th spot, he fired blanks as the newly-promoted side fell to a 4-1 thrashing at Luigi Ferraris.
Unfortunately for the towering forward, his first-half misses proved costly as the hosts were more clinical in front of goal, scoring four with only six shots on target.
Simy missed 14 big chances last term but in the top flight, where these things are more cut-throat, his penchant for failing to tuck away away presentable opportunities may bite Crotone in the back by the end of the season.
[img]https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/GOAL/db/c4/simy-koulibaly-napoli-crotone_1xq2wj8v93iwn1igkfv6ob4uxi.jpg?t=-2108223213&quality=60&w=400[/img]
Too Good: Bukayo Saka

While Arsenal’s 2-1 win over West Ham United in Saturday’s tea-time kick-off was a truly tepid affair, Saka was one of Mikel Arteta’s players who stood out for majority of the game.
Even though he neither scored nor assisted, the teenager created three chances before his withdrawal in the 89th minute, and was involved in the move for Alexander Lacazette’s 25th-minute strike as well as Eddie Nketiah’s late winner.

It remains to be seen whether the youngster retains his place for next week’s daunting trip to defending champions Liverpool, who are unbeaten in over three seasons at Anfield.
https://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/too-good-too-bad-the-best-worst-of-nigerians-abroad/igzwxz36evmb1fp49280epo17
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Dididrumz(m): 11:59am On Sep 21, 2020
Nice

We wish them all the best in what they do.
Keep making NIGERIANs proud.

4 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Slawormir: 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Go go osimhen

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Kingluqman(m): 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Saka my man grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Enudapan: 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by jericco1(m): 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Chukwueze tried for me

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Maxcollins042(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Someone should please remind Fabinho to empty his back pocket before sitting down.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by MarveworldNG: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Nigeria to the world
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by kiddkash(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
NDIDI the silent giant

8 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by mattmogan88: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
I don't care for our Nigerian flops, all i know is that Arsenal are winning the league this season.
Liverpool should prepare their butts for a good hiding next weekend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by DannyJ19(m): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2020
Okay, seen.
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Lionelbhass(m): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2020
Keep on pushing y'all.
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Kunja2: 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2020
Has Saka pledged allegiance to Nigerian?
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Beverlyjean(f): 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
How come he was benched after scoring consecutive hatricks for napoli
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Perfecttouchade: 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
Ok
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Lionelbhass(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
Rgade:
I don't care for our Nigerian flops, all i know is that Arsenal are winning the league this season.
Says who?
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Veezy4u(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2020
However in other news, with 2games left to round up week 2 of epl, there has been "NO" draws. I'm suspecting this stupid man u dis Saturday
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by zikcash(m): 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
Una done dey claim SAKA again till en fall una hands
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by loudsmoker419: 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
Osimhen my man!

ghettokid1:
Goal review the nation’s best performers around the world this weekend, and name a few who under-performed.
Too Good: Moses Simon

Too Bad: Semi Ajayi

Too Good: Victor Osimhen

Too Bad: Simy

Too Good: Bukayo Saka

https://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/too-good-too-bad-the-best-worst-of-nigerians-abroad/igzwxz36evmb1fp49280epo17
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Angelfrost(m): 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
Rgade:

That will give me a lot of joy... Don't see that happening tho. grin
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Angelfrost(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
Too bad the Nigerian in Old Trafford can't ever seem to catch a break... Tuesday soft game against Luton, that idiot will still bench him!!! Smh.
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Kentuforchrist(m): 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2020
like for saka share for osimen
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Mohayemi(m): 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
Na wa o
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
Angelfrost:

That will give me a lot of joy... Don't see that happening tho. grin
Perhaps, Sha Victoria ascerta....angry
Re: How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend by infogenius(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
9ja players dey rep any day.
Kudos to all of them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari, Oshoala, 1999 Super Falcons Dazzle At NFF-Aiteo Football Awards / Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] / Etebo Pulls Out Of Super Eagles' Squad Against Brazil Due To Visa Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.