Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) (16020 Views)

Anambra State University Exam Questions For Final Year Students / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Two Final Year Students Of UNIABUJA Got Engaged At A Departmental Dinner ( PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by sas112: 8:43am On Feb 28, 2011
I got this pic sent by blackberry from a student at BOWEN university on sun 27th.

Apparently most of those being punished were final year students of the university, Their offence was that they did not

stand up in the chapel when some songs were being rendered,

I dont know the sort of graduates these so called private universities hope to churn out, your guess is as good as mine,

1 Like

Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Tunsbobo(m): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2011
this is pure crap! These private universities are really out of their senses!!!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Sbrainy(m): 9:55am On Feb 28, 2011
this is arrant NONSENSE. Final yr stdnts who ought be able 2 decide their future ar servin punishment. This dictates d kind of future leader 9ja wud produce. Chai! Money is nt al tinz
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by adros84(m): 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2011
They will turn out excellent, orderly and law abiding graduates. If these guys are really in their final years, then they have been standing up in the chapel for four years. Why is it now difficult for them to stand up in their final years. They had the opportunity of choosing public universities but many of them cannot scale through so they opt for private universities. Private universities do not hide their conditions before students secure admission into them. Why go in only to now complain about the very conditions they accepted at the beginning. You need to go to these universities at admission time to see how desperate admission seekers are. If you ask me, I think the undergraduates are the hypocrites!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by DrLaw4: 11:33pm On Mar 25, 2011
foolish uni undecided
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by INQRYHELP2: 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2011
shame
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Babypinkyz(f): 7:22pm On Mar 27, 2011
Very funny
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by LordBabs(m): 10:50am On Mar 28, 2011
Nigeria,Nigeria,Nigeria, always unique a country! it is only in Nigeria that you see final year university students being meted such a ludicrous, grotesquely retribution of 'kneeling-under-sun'. i no fit laugh o!!!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by MMM2(m): 10:47am On May 12, 2011
is dat a primary or secondary skool?
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Shinor(m): 10:49am On May 12, 2011
It's a primarsecondaryvarsity
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by dustydee: 10:49am On May 12, 2011
funny actually,complain and you will be expelled. grin
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by olaolabiy: 10:50am On May 12, 2011
Mu he he heeee

When people do things that negate the faith they're trying to propagate.

Do students kneel down like this in the country that brought Baptist Church to our shores?

Overzealous buffoons.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by olaolabiy: 10:51am On May 12, 2011
I dey laugh oo
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by larrylyric(m): 10:54am On May 12, 2011
you all guys should just keep the hell shut ! I had my B.s.c degree from Bowen Univ 2007 set to be precise and i can boldly tell you that the moral value impacted has made me who i am today. it wont cost you anything to do the right thing.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by dare2think: 10:59am On May 12, 2011
The graduates either turn out as zombies or very resentful of the institution. You cannot force faith on people else they turn out as hypocrites. I understand they want to maintain  a high maral standard but limiting the students liberties only makes them hypocrites themselves. They need to have the freedom to evaluate and discipline themselves, this eill then lead to creativity.

Who monitors the activities of these schools?, I dont blame them, if the federal government cant control their own schools how will they monitor the private ones?
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by omofat: 11:00am On May 12, 2011
larrylyric:

you all guys should just keep the hell shut ! I had my B.s.c degree from Bowen Univ 2007 set to be precise and i can boldly tell you that the moral value impacted has made me who i am today. it wont cost you anything to do the right thing.

And who are you today by the way?

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 11:01am On May 12, 2011
are you for real? i've seen people kneel in front of these churches all the time maybe in prayer or something else not really punishment.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Babylove1(f): 11:04am On May 12, 2011
larrylyric:

i agree.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by dare2think: 11:04am On May 12, 2011
larrylyric:

Good that it worked for you,

what about the choice for others?

If you want to be treated as a child, fine, but they should not take advantage of the failed state schools and introduce draconian laws just to justify thier personal moral standings.

With all the "moral" obligations by the school, it is still not the best school and does not produce the best students, what then is the point??
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by larrylyric(m): 11:09am On May 12, 2011
omo~fat:

And who are you today by the way?

@ omo fat ! its not about who i am today but what value have been able to add to my community at large. I cant come over to naira land and start bragging about my achievement because it will very stupid of me to do that
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by k2k1947: 11:10am On May 12, 2011
you all guys should just keep the hell shut ! I
had my B.s.c degree from Bowen Univ 2007
set to be precise and i can boldly tell you
that the moral value impacted has made me
who i am today. it wont cost you anything
to do the right thing.
You are a fool, u dey cal dat advanced secondary school university
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Phate07(m): 11:12am On May 12, 2011

Oboi!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by masam(m): 11:15am On May 12, 2011
After careful examination of the pics i came to d conclusion that this re pple probably kneeling for eucharistic thanksgiving, (catholics ll understand) and nt for punishment.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Ekpoma1: 11:15am On May 12, 2011
That is the punishment you get when dont read your books, fail to sit for JAMB, then process to the university(private uni).
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Bawss1(m): 11:17am On May 12, 2011
larrylyric:

@ omo fat ! its not about who i am today but what value have been able to add to my community at large. I cant come over to naira land and start bragging about my achievement because it will very silly of me to do that

Kindly give readers here a sense of the value you have been able to add to your community, if they are worth bragging about go right ahead.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by NoQualms1(f): 11:25am On May 12, 2011
Who knows if they were just catching their fun?? It doesn't look like a serious punishment to me sha! grin tongue
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by yunafa(f): 11:25am On May 12, 2011
w t f??
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by philip0906(m): 11:28am On May 12, 2011
i wonder how some people think in this country. . .a pics dat cannot be authenticated is put up and every one without asking,is insulting and spitting. . .
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by ZitIfy: 11:31am On May 12, 2011
@larrylyric (m)

We were not humiliated like this but we still turned out ok. Telling them to kneel down is far from impacting morals into them.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by SALady(f): 11:33am On May 12, 2011
shocked shocked shocked OMG, Let me say that in ZULU "AU NKOSI YAM" shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fedpoffa 2012/2013 Admission Status / Lagos To Give 10,000 Radio Sets To Pupils For Homeschooling / Share Your Secondary School Wicked Senior Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.