Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) (16033 Views)

Anambra State University Exam Questions For Final Year Students / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Two Final Year Students Of UNIABUJA Got Engaged At A Departmental Dinner ( PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by tayoast(m): 11:34am On May 12, 2011
This thread has been around since February and it's just hitting the homepage? Some sponsor somewhere?

I graduated from that sch and believe me, those students would opt for that 'punishment' than to be dealt with by the book.

The offense warrants SUSPENSION.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by polokor60(m): 11:37am On May 12, 2011
laugh won tear my belle ooo.wetin we no go see for nairaland. cheesy
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by otokx(m): 11:38am On May 12, 2011
Its not by force to attend those private universities.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Slyr0x: 11:42am On May 12, 2011
polokor60:

laugh won tear my belle ooo.wetin we no go see for nairaland. cheesy

+1. grin grin
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by collinsJn(m): 11:44am On May 12, 2011
Am In My Late 20s,and Diz Is My 1st Tym Of Hearing 'BOWEN UNI'.
Plz Where Is Dis Uni Located ? Are U Guys Rilly Sure Dat's a University, kneeling Dem Down Because dey Decided Not Stand Up While a Hymn Is Bin Sung won't Instill Discipline In Dem,cause I 've Even Ceen Bishop Kid's dat Does Tins dat Is Rilly APPALLING 2 d Ear.  
But If STANDING UP Is In d Clause Of Acceptance B4 One Is Admitted,den Dey Dis Obeyed d Law and Nid 2 b Punished.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 11:48am On May 12, 2011
I THEY LAUGH, SO TAIL I LUGH AGAIN, KAN LAUGH, LAUGH AGAIN, INFACT I DON LAUGH FINISH, I THEY GO! OOK MAKE I LAUGH FOR THE LAST TIME, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Ekpoma1: 11:53am On May 12, 2011
where is the university located?
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by vwvw(m): 11:54am On May 12, 2011
OMG whats the name of this glorified secondary school again BOWIIIING UNIVRSITY  grin grin grin never heard of it
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by ObamaUS: 12:01pm On May 12, 2011
Well, Me i no fit complain, The reason being that i did my NYSC about 8 years ago in BAYELSA and the NYSC state coordinator punished all of us this fateful day{coincidentally my birthday].We were all made to kneel down in the sun for about 5 hours, Bro JONAH was the dep Gov then,

What would u guys say about that?No be today pple dey serve punishment,
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 12, 2011
ObamaUS:

Well, Me i no fit complain, The reason being that i did my NYSC about 8 years ago in BAYELSA and the NYSC state coordinator punished all of us this fateful day{coincidentally my birthday].We were all made to kneel down in the sun for about 5 hours, Bro JONAH was the dep Gov then,

What would u guys say about that?No be today pple dey serve punishment,
damn bruh, did you get panadol? or paracetamol, grin grin grin
why u self go kneel down na?
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by HamidO1(m): 12:18pm On May 12, 2011
I'm not surprised at all, you see old men acting like babies and wonder where on heart they got a B.Sc. At a certain age in life, a man must be left to decide and bear the consequences of his decision not direct like a goat.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by HamidO1(m): 12:24pm On May 12, 2011
I'm not surprised at all, you see old men acting like babies and wonder where on earth they got a B.Sc. At a certain age in life, a man must be left to decide and bear the consequences of his decision not direct like a goat.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by xwolverine: 12:25pm On May 12, 2011
larrylyric:

you all guys should just keep the hell shut ! I had my B.s.c degree from Bowen Univ 2007 set to be precise and i can boldly tell you that the moral value impacted has made me who i am today. it wont cost you anything to do the right thing.

Moral values my foot. I used to have a bowen friend who's lifestyle is worse than my other frineds from osu and lasu, she sneaks out of school, has many sugar daddies and the likes. Moral values are not gotten by telling adults to kneel down, what does that do to their self worth and self esteem, when their juniours see them kneeling down? What happened to punishment by telling them to do community service? Well I guess part of the values U are talking about includes telling people that might be older than you to shut the hell up, just because they don't agree with your point of view. Moral value indeed
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Basics007: 12:26pm On May 12, 2011
I think I saw some people in the pix wearin Frocks and Buba & Sooro. Damn. That's the real punishment!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Natasha2(f): 12:42pm On May 12, 2011
duh . haba why are they putting on native like its their uniform grin grin grin
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by bababuff(m): 12:43pm On May 12, 2011
tayo_ast:

This thread has been around since February and it's just hitting the homepage? Some sponsor somewhere?

I graduated from that sch and believe me, those students would opt for that 'punishment' than to be dealt with by the book.

Suspension for coming late to the Chapel? That's Bull-crap.  angry

This is just a glorified secondary school. Most of the guys there are above 18 years, and are regarded as adults by the law.
I wont be surprised if they have started flogging them now.  grin grin
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by congoshine(m): 12:50pm On May 12, 2011
I dey laugh o cheesy
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by bidemi12(m): 12:55pm On May 12, 2011
larrylyric:

you all guys should just keep the hell shut ! I had my B.s.c degree from Bowen Univ 2007 set to be precise and i can boldly tell you that the moral value impacted has made me who i am today. it wont cost you anything to do the right thing.

More like they churned out a mooron like yourself since you condone such nonsense. Typical nigerian mentality.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by leoebhos(m): 12:59pm On May 12, 2011
The incessant display of madness by these universities should be look into. this is absolute madness.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by dare2think: 1:10pm On May 12, 2011
xwolverine:

Moral values my foot. I used to have a bowen friend who's lifestyle is worse than my other frineds from osu and lasu, she sneaks out of school, has many sugar daddies and the likes. Moral values are not gotten by telling adults to kneel down, what does that do to their self worth and self esteem, when their juniours see them kneeling down? What happened to punishment by telling them to do community service? Well I guess part of the values U are talking about includes telling people that might be older than you to shut the hell up, just because they don't agree with your point of view. Moral value indeed

Exactly.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 12, 2011
This one na small issue grin. In many nigerian private univs they even flog their students with koboko if they leave their hostels and go to the town without taking permission.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 12, 2011
I think we have failed to observe the picture very well. The boys are crouching while the girls are kneeling down. Infact one girl is sitting down while some boys are also standing.

This does not appears to me to indicate students going through any sort of penance. I think, they look like students begging for some favour from a superior. Why they are in that position, we may never know.

However, I have read the comment of one of Bowen's student and  I'm impressed with his use of foul language. Private University is supposed to churn out well cultured and mannered citizens not ill-mannered ones. If he actually went to Bowen as he claimed, then he is a disgrace to paid and expensive education

And if it is true that private universities in Nigeria apply corporal punishment , then it is really sad for those students as well as their parents. The real idea behind university education is to teach you to be independent. Student like that will end up becoming tied to their parents apron and will never be able to stand up to their colleagues from Public institutions.

What is the next topic gentlemen?

1 Like

Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 12, 2011
i mean I am not impressed with the use of foul language. (typing error)
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by VALIDATOR: 1:40pm On May 12, 2011
tayo_ast:

Pls tell them.
The average Nigerians do not seem to understand that those people were not forced to attend that school and the rules were made very clear to them before they enrolled. It is not a matter of whether that law was sensible or not.It is a matter of "that is what they signed up for".
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Akolawole(m): 1:41pm On May 12, 2011
Students have to abide by the rules and regulations of their institutions. It is NOT by force to attend such schools.

Who are undergraduates? Are they still NOT children? What have they become? They are still "kids".

There is complete moral decay in our country. I remembered few years ago i greeted my Sister by postrating in one of these 'advanced' countries.

Some of the guys were telling me this is West(Not Naija). What nonsense!

If I chose to study at a catholic university, i have to use rosary in the assembly even is i am a muslim.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 12, 2011
VALIDATOR:

Pls tell them.
The average Nigerians do not seem to understand that those people were not forced to attend that school and the rules were made very clear to them before they enrolled. It is not a matter of whether that law was sensible or not.It is a matter of "that is what they signed up for".

Even during the middle ages when the idea of university knowledge started,it wasn't like this. So what rules are yous now talking about university student must be punished by being subjected to unnecessary ridicule ?
From my knowledge of a university,no one cares about your shizz because you are an adult already not a kindergaten pupil.bullshhit
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by parki: 2:08pm On May 12, 2011
Nonsense uni, uni in naija is just a waste of fund n time
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Rimbaldi: 2:20pm On May 12, 2011
why is that some of you dont get it?? hunh? these people are just waiting for holy comunion grin grin grin
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by dare2think: 2:33pm On May 12, 2011
Akolawole:

Students have to abide by the rules and regulations of their institutions. It is NOT by force to attend such schools.

Who are undergraduates? Are they still NOT children? What have they become? They are still "kids".

There is complete moral decay in our country. I remembered few years ago i greeted my Sister by postrating in one of these 'advanced' countries.

Some of the guys were telling me this is West(Not Naija). What nonsense!

If I chose to study at a catholic university, i have to use rosary in the assembly even is i am a muslim.

So, subjecting, "18+ kids" to humiliation would improve the decay in society how?
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by 702: 2:39pm On May 12, 2011
this is jus a drama on best positions on how to pray>>" our father who art in heaven ha, " grin
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 12, 2011
Hypocritical fools. Despite all the so called 'piety' and 'discipline' they boast about, their girls remain the easiest to recruit for weekend or.gie.s and wild parties across the Lagos/Ibadan axis; always ready for steamy action. And yet they profess 'discipline'. Little do they know. Lol. Why not publicly strip them naked and administer pepper on their Instruments; maybe that would be more effective punishment than kneeling. Mumus through and through.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by sophy09: 2:50pm On May 12, 2011
What is Nigeria turning into? Final year student serving punishment because of what? Sooner or later when you resume late to work, your boss will tell you to kneel.

And as for those are in support, it is pity that you have been brainwashed. I am sure you do not have a mind of your own and it is people like you who make Nigerian backward. You follow rules and when those who try to break out of the norm do so, you called them bad and evil people. I pity you and your kids.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos To Give 10,000 Radio Sets To Pupils For Homeschooling / UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) / Rejoinder: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.