Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) (1443 Views)

Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) / Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert / Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by sas112: 8:47am On Feb 28, 2011
I got this pic sent by blackberry from a student at BOWEN university on sun 27th.

Apparently most of those being punished were final year students of the university, Their offence was that they did not

stand up in the chapel when some songs were being rendered,

I dont know the sort of graduates these so called private universities hope to churn out, your guess is as good as mine,

Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 28, 2011
temptation of the highest other sad sad sad
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 28, 2011
this concerns nl because they're final year students at some university, i guess.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by sas112: 7:49am On Mar 01, 2011
@ tpia

so you think its alright to punish undergraduates in this manner
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by ifyalways(f): 9:07am On Mar 01, 2011
sas112:

@ tpia

Is Bowen the only Uni in naija?
Are they getting FREE education there or under some sort of scholarship?
Where they not EARLIER informed that they wud be punished this way and an agreement reached?
If anyone of them is fed up,he/she shld go get a JAMB form.  smiley
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by sas112: 9:17am On Mar 01, 2011
@ifyalways

No Bowen is not the only university, and it is not their fault that they found themselves there, for your info we have more aspiring jambites than the universities can accomodate so i dont see how it is a crime to be in that situation,

No they are not getting scholarships, they pay fees there, the more reason why they should be treated with some level of dignity,

How on earth can u say they were informed that capital punishment will be a tool of reprimand before they were admitted, that is definitely not the case,

Jamb form!!! grin grin grin, maybe 18yrs ago i would have done that,
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Omolola1(f): 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2011
Na wa o, but then its a normal thing in private uni's.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by kodewrita(m): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2011
Omolola1:

Na wa o, but then its a normal thing in private uni's.
So we can assume you attend(ed) one.

Anyway am a bit pricky because thats my alma mater.

Guess my theory has not yet come to pass yet (that a larger population will affect their parochial laws)

anyway that hasnt stopped me going this far.

However, while the penniless ones will come here to gain some mileage by insulting schools they cant afford to attend, I hope the poster knows he's embarassing the people displayed in that picture. at least do some minor microsoft paint work on the picture before posting(basic courtesy).
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2011
^^^ basic courtesy indeed,maybe u think say na oklahoma you dey
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by kodewrita(m): 12:59pm On Mar 01, 2011
@aguiyi dont think I cant come and catch you in Diobu or Eleme. you are not too far for punishment.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by sas112: 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2011
@kodewrita

i dont mean to embarass nyone, i dont thnk i would be embarassed if i was in the pic, i think i would be rather angry

with the system that allows this sort of thing to be possible,
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2011
@ Kodewrita, die it angry angry angry
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2011
sas112:

@ tpia

so what am i supposed to say.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by reindeer: 2:39am On Mar 02, 2011
This is crazy.
Even dignified private secondary schools don't do this to their students.
Why would any sane person pay to get this kinda treatment.
These schools are only existing because of the failure of the government to maintain her schools.
Did they sign any agreements to this kind of punishment before matriculating?
Anybody wey see this kain thing and still pay them is either a ''maga'' or just couldn't pass and go to a proper school.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 3:18am On Mar 02, 2011
What exactly is the problem here. Se awon teacher won o to ba won soro ni or what.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by chic2pimp(m): 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2011
NIGERIA. . . . . .More like a Jungle than a Country.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by mamagee3(f): 2:27am On Mar 03, 2011
tpiah!:

this concerns nl because they're final year students at some university, i guess.
It concerns nairaland because it's a discussion blog and this took place in Nigeria.

[size=5pt]Reetard![/size] grin

(1) (Reply)

inside-pastor-ayo-oritsejafors-jet.ht / Billionaires That Graduated From College. / Nelson Mandela Died In June; Family Finally Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.