Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,603 members, 7,823,619 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Court Wedding This Year And A Big Celebration Next Year - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Wedding This Year And A Big Celebration Next Year (701 Views)

Spend More Time And Plan For Your Marriage And Not Just The Wedding,this Divorce / Court Wedding This Year And A Big Celebration Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Wedding This Year And A Big Celebration Next Year by susan2030: 12:32am On Mar 01, 2011
Hello My Nairaland peeps,

I need your advice/opinions/thoughts on this topic I'm about to discuss with you all.

My fiance and I are planning on having a court wedding this year and then go home (i.e Nigeria) to have the big party next year.

The idea of the big party is to have a traditional celebration ( I don't know if I can call it a traditional wedding because we would have already done the court marriage) Then we have the church blessing ceremony not a wedding because we would by this time have done the court wedding - and that is legal. So no need for another church wedding which is why we are calling it a church blessing of our marriage. And then the reception comes after.

So hear is my thing, any ideas on how we can go about the traditional wedding, church blessing. I am planning on wearing an ivory gown for the church blessing. Can I still have bridesmaids (Or will that be over doing things since we are already legally married). Can my dad still walk me down the isle.

Also is this a common practice in Nigeria or will it be considered tacky. My Nairaland people, I need your thoughts/opinions.

Thank you.
Re: Court Wedding This Year And A Big Celebration Next Year by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 01, 2011
It's your life really and you should do what you need to do. Nobody's going to think it's tacky and even if they do, who cares undecided
Re: Court Wedding This Year And A Big Celebration Next Year by susan2030: 10:54am On Mar 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

It's your life really and you should do what you need to do. Nobody's going to think it's tacky and even if they do, who cares undecided

Thanks, :-)
Re: Court Wedding This Year And A Big Celebration Next Year by susan2030: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2011
more thoughts?

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Top Shots Go After One Another's Wives! / Family Or Religion / Am Comfused. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.