Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! (5487 Views)

Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger / Mob Sets Policeman’s Vehicle Ablaze For Crushing Schoolboy (PHOTO) / 14-year-old Schoolboy Sexually Assaulted Teacher In Locked Classroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by wales(m): 7:10am On Mar 01, 2011
A 12-year-old schoolboy (name withheld), who was kidnapped two weeks ago, has aided the police to arrest his kidnappers.

The Police in Lagos have arrested two brothers over the kidnap of the boy in Ojokoro area of Lagos two weeks ago.

The suspects, Seun Akinyosoye, 19, and Akin Akiyosoye, 22, allegedly kidnapped the boy while on his way home from school.

The Junior Secondary School 2 pupil, reportedly took shelter in a shop around Centre Road, during a downpour on February 14.

PUNCH METRO gathered that the suspects also took shelter in the same shop and engaged the boy in a discussion.

During the discussion, the boy revealed that his father is a banker with one of the new generation banks and also gave out his mobile phone number to the suspects. The suspects thereafter, took him to their apartment around Jerry Street, Ojokoro, from where they made a call to his father and demanded N4m ransom.

His father was said to have pleaded with the suspects to accept N55,000 and the suspects instructed him to pay the money into an account. Three days after the ransom was paid, the suspects eventually released the schoolboy.

But unknown to the suspects, the boy played a fast one on them by picking Akin’s passport photograph while in the brothers’ apartment.

“He saw the passport at the apartment where he was held hostage. After his release, he gave the passport to his father and identified Akin as one of his kidnappers,”the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Samuel Jinadu, said on Monday.

The photograph was taken to policemen at Owutu Police Station and Akin was invited for questioning.

Jinadu said, “Akin had previously been arrested for street fighting. So, he did not think anything was amiss when his IPO called him to make an appearance at the police station.

“During investigation, he mentioned his brother, Seun, who was subsequently arrested. They confessed to have withdrawn the N55,000 with ATM card from the Ikorodu branch of the bank it was paid into.”

He therefore warned others who had such a sinister motive that there was no hiding place for criminals in the state, adding that the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Yakubu Alkali, had put necessary machinery in place to check crimes.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201103011585573
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by wales(m): 7:11am On Mar 01, 2011
I am very proud of this boy, and pray that he will continue to receive God’s protection. He did a very good job. What a clever boy? I hope this children would stop bragging about their parent’s status because, it is sometimes not true.
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by VALIDATOR: 8:05am On Mar 01, 2011
The boy is definitely smarter most most policemen in Nigeria.
If he didn't do the job,the police stood no chance of cracking the case even though the criminals used a bank account that can easily be traced.
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by Kingabz: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2011
Impressive!
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by roymary: 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2011
Akin is a bad boy.
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2011
Yoruba again what is wrong with this  people Always disgracing Nigerians all over the world
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2011
Yoruba again what is wrong with this people Always disgracing Nigerians all over the world
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by eghost247(m): 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2011
Smart Kid
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by roymary: 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2011
dazey:

Yoruba again what is wrong with this people Always disgracing Nigerians all over the world

The 12 year old is smarter than you are. Oponu. grin

1 Like

Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by teeboyseve(m): 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2011
dazey:

Yoruba again what is wrong with this  people Always  disgracing Nigerians all over the world

You are absolutely silly,  Which tribe started all this kidnapping business?  Well thats not the issue. If a Nigerian commits a crime abroad, he is called a Nigerian Criminal NOT an Igbo criminal or Yoruba criminal. Its affects us all as a Nation not as a tribe.

1 Like

Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by baslone: 1:51pm On Mar 01, 2011
Daft Kidnappers!
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by aspabay(m): 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2011
dazey:

^^^^^
You are only a stupid Igbo boy not knowing his right form his left. You come to Nairaland and all you are capable of doing is to incite ethnic abhorrence. Who are the masters of kidnapping? Who kidnapped a school bus filled with little children for over a week, who destroyed this country in the name of civil triggered by one self ambitious fellow, who destroyed regionality in this country, and cancelled true federalism who…… please I don’t have time for you
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by campella(m): 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2011
wales:

I am very proud of this boy, and pray that he will continue to receive God’s protection. He did a very good job. What a clever boy? I hope this children would stop bragging about their parent’s status because, it is sometimes not true.

No child whose parents are well to do will not be proud of them

The reason why parents must live by good example

Was the money collected from these thieves or the police simply allowed them walk away threatening fire

Smart kid indeed shocked shocked shocked
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by Phony200(m): 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2011
Lol. Dumb and dumber. Dumb kidnapper, even dumber tribalistic poster.
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by trhymes(m): 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2011
A Wonder kid, too smart for Naija
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by hardbody: 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2011
if that kid was so smart, why would he give out his father's personal details to complete strangers. I would have skinned him alive. But then, its not possible, 'i no fit beget that kind pikin sef' mcheeeeewwwwwwww.

1 Like

Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by Biscute(f): 2:39pm On Mar 01, 2011
Detective is the boy,, Please daddy that boy is an F B I and C I A Product please bring him to me for further P B I TRAINING,, Either withe BLUE SEA or otherwise,, Dont joke with his brain. Please
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by hardbody: 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2011
@ Biscuite

I suspect you. No one should allow you within miles of that boy. You are female by description and male by your pic. where is this confusion coming from?
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by amurx(m): 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2011
hardbody:

if that kid was so smart, why would he give out his father's personal details to complete strangers. I would have skinned him alive. But then, its not possible, 'i no fit beget that kind pikin sef' mcheeeeewwwwwwww.
YES NA
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by johnjoel(m): 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2011
yeah that s my boy
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by banom(m): 3:06pm On Mar 01, 2011
wales:

A 12-year-old schoolboy (name withheld), who was kidnapped two weeks ago, has aided the police to arrest his kidnappers.

The Police in Lagos have arrested two brothers over the kidnap of the boy in Ojokoro area of Lagos two weeks ago.

The suspects, Seun 19, and Akin Akiyosoye, 22, allegedly kidnapped the boy while on his way home from school.

The Junior Secondary School 2 pupil, reportedly took shelter in a shop around Centre Road, during a downpour on February 14.

PUNCH METRO gathered that the suspects also took shelter in the same shop and engaged the boy in a discussion.

During the discussion, the boy revealed that his father is a banker with one of the new generation banks and also gave out his mobile phone number to the suspects. The suspects thereafter, took him to their apartment around Jerry Street, Ojokoro, from where they made a call to his father and demanded N4m ransom.

His father was said to have pleaded with the suspects to accept N55,000 and the suspects instructed him to pay the money into an account. Three days after the ransom was paid, the suspects eventually released the schoolboy.

But unknown to the suspects, the boy played a fast one on them by picking Akin’s passport photograph while in the brothers’ apartment.

“He saw the passport at the apartment where he was held hostage. After his release, he gave the passport to his father and identified Akin as one of his kidnappers,”the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Samuel Jinadu, said on Monday.

The photograph was taken to policemen at Owutu Police Station and Akin was invited for questioning.

Jinadu said, “Akin had previously been arrested for street fighting. So, he did not think anything was amiss when his IPO called him to make an appearance at the police station.

“During investigation, he mentioned his brother, Seun, who was subsequently arrested. They confessed to have withdrawn the N55,000 with ATM card from the Ikorodu branch of the bank it was paid into.”

He therefore warned others who had such a sinister motive that there was no hiding place for criminals in the state, adding that the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Yakubu Alkali, had put necessary machinery in place to check crimes.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201103011585573

This news is fake, it was made up and planted in the media. meanwhile that suspect seun, is he osewa by surnmame ?
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2011
^lol.
Ban don dey hungry you, abi?
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by Ninapha(f): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2011
@biscute,

I disagree with u. That boy is dull, we only thank God for sparing him. JSS-2 and yet gave out his fathers details to strangers. shuuuuuuu. One day thieves would knock on the door and he would open door and later pick their mask to identify them.

Parents should teach their children security measure atleast to keep them away from such risks. FBI ko FABIAN ni
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by kufreabasi(m): 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2011
Goooooooooooood news boy. You are highly favoured.
Keep that spirit alive in you
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by Sheyila1: 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2011
Smart, they Nairalander call this  Boy but I add CLEVER for him. But sincerely yours those Kidnappers are Mumu (although the strory revealed dt they din't plan it) if not they would ve escape for eva and enjoy the already cash money for free.
A lesson to others in the Business.
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by Basics007: 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2011
55000 as ransom for kidnapping?!!!!!!!!!! These business has been completely bastardised. grin grin grin grin
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by Yeneks(f): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2011
There's nothing extraordinarily smart about the boy! How can you be 12 and be so foolish!?!? You just met these men and you start opening your mouth?!?! That is very smart ohh, Thank God he took the passport though, if not i would have pronounced him world's most foolish son!
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by obojo(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2011
i still havent gotten over d fact dat they accepetd 50,000 from 4m,  d guy for send dem recharge card  undecided
they catch d ones dat collect 50,000 but d ones dat collect 5m r getting away
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by dsgirl: 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2011
dazey:

ODE.
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by proudly9ja(m): 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2011
Hasn't anyone else noticed the kidnappers asked the father to pay the money into an account? No be bank account be dat? The bank account no get owners? And police needed passport to solve the crime?
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by aspabay(m): 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2011
Basics007:

55000 as ransom for kidnapping?!!!!!!!!!! These business has been completely bastardised. grin grin grin grin
business has really gone bad with the influx of armatures
grin grin grin grin too
Re: How 12-year-old Schoolboy Aided Arrest Of His Kidnappers–police ! by MMM2(m): 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2011
a clap for 9ja police.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Was Killed Because She Tried To Correct Her School Mates To Be Sensible / Police react as gunmen attack Ondo Catholic church, kill scores / The New Punishment For Rapist....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.