Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,505 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

How To Recover Money From A Scammer - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Recover Money From A Scammer (24270 Views)

See The Message A Scammer Sent Me (pics) / How To Frustrate A Scammer / See The Fake Credit Alert A Scammer Sent Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Rakitic4: 8:35am On Sep 25, 2020
Due to the raising level of internet scams ,we're are going to discuss on ways on how to recover money from a scammer.

This method has proven to work over the months and you'll get your funds back within hours only if you follow the process which we're going to provide you with below;

35% - 70% Of Internet users has been scammed one way or the other and bad enough, they let go because they actually don't know what to do about it, so today here is just what you need to do when you realize a personality you paid for goods or service is trying to swindle you. 

Scams ranging from Paypal fund conversions, item purchase, falling for investment scams and the rest can now be reverted but you'll have to get either or both of the listed documents;

Copy transaction ID number.

Screenshots of a conversation between you and the scammer.

Knowing how to retrieve your money after a scam will save you the risk of having a heart attack seeing the way scam activities have increased during this Covid-19 pandemic ranging from fake investment platforms, businesses and partners and the rest.

Without wasting much time, let's see how to recover our money from a scammer.

HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK AFTER A SCAM

It is quite important to bookmark or copy this post link and save it to your notes or drive for future use. Kindly do ensure to follow the below steps accordingly to achieve the main interest of the post. 

Firstly, get hold of the screenshot showing the convo between you and the scammer across all social media platform (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)

Write out the Full name and account number of the person who scammed you.

Go to the last notification, your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or SMS) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

Now, visit any branch of the scammers' bank, ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

Lastly, While you are there, send an email to the SCAMMER'S BANK and also forward a copy of the mail to CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org). This will make the scammers' bank act fast.

If possible, print out all those chats with the scammer and submit it to the customer care in charge of fraud.

AFTER THE ABOVE STEP, WHAT NEXT?

Once you have done the above steps, you should rest having an assurance that the culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD.

This will definitely hold all transactions on the scammers account until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect will be detained, and when proven guilty; he will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money ASAP.

That's all.

The above step is all you need to follow if you've been the victim of a scam, it works perfectly well.

You can also report on twitter tagging @Cenbank and the scammers' bank coupled with detailed screenshot containing chats and Transaction ID.

So, how did your fund recovery go with the above step? successful or not? let us know via the comment box.

If you have other valid ways with which you use to recover your scammed funds' you can also do well to share it with us via the comment box.

Kindly share
https://winanos.com.ng/how-to-recover-money-from-a-scammer/

25 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by 9jaArea: 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
Nice job Op

2 Likes

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Rakitic4: 8:27am On Sep 26, 2020
9jaArea:
Nice job Op
Thanks
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Rakitic4: 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2020
Dubbuqueee:
Thanks op
yeah
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by FryMosquito: 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
Nice one op.. Thank you for your effort here..
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
Confirm
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Rakitic4: 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2020
FryMosquito:
Nice one op.. Thank you for your effort here..
Lalasticlala
Thanks
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Tunex252(m): 1:46am On Sep 27, 2020
Thanks for this info bro

I really own u a bottle of Goldberg wink

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Rakitic4: 7:32am On Sep 27, 2020
cool
Tunex252:
Thanks for this info bro

I really own u a bottle of Goldberg wink
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by wildlife9999(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2020
Nice one op I can helped someone
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Mohbola(f): 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nice info
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by scarycuteface(m): 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
Cool

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
Front page please!
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Creeza(m): 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2020
lalasticlala I think this is front page worthy.
Check it out.
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by kolakolex: 1:28am On Sep 28, 2020
Very good info. The best thing is to avoid been scammed. Going after your money is like a campaign after election.

If u think u can invest 20k and get 40k within 30mins,in this current economic situation then u need serious help. Most nigerians are too greedy otherwise they won't fall for ridiculous offers.

3 Likes

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Rakitic4: 11:17am On Sep 28, 2020
kolakolex:
Very good info. The best thing is to avoid been scammed. Going after your money is like a campaign after election.

If u think u can invest 20k and get 40k within 30mins,in this current economic situation then u need serious help. Most nigerians are too greedy otherwise they won't fall for ridiculous offers.
That's true
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Prodigee: 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2020
They won't push educative and useful posts like this to front page o! If na bbnaija now it's straight to FP.

3 Likes

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by kecee99(m): 12:24am On Oct 17, 2020
Rakitic4:
Due to the raising level of internet scams ,we're are going to discuss on ways on how to recover money from a scammer.

This method has proven to work over the months and you'll get your funds back within hours only if you follow the process which we're going to provide you with below;

35% - 70% Of Internet users has been scammed one way or the other and bad enough, they let go because they actually don't know what to do about it, so today here is just what you need to do when you realize a personality you paid for goods or service is trying to swindle you. 

Scams ranging from Paypal fund conversions, item purchase, falling for investment scams and the rest can now be reverted but you'll have to get either or both of the listed documents;

Knowing how to retrieve your money after a scam will save you the risk of having a heart attack seeing the way scam activities have increased during this Covid-19 pandemic ranging from fake investment platforms, businesses and partners and the rest.

It is quite important to bookmark or copy this post link and save it to your notes or drive for future use. Kindly do ensure to follow the below steps accordingly to achieve the main interest of the post. 

Firstly, get hold of the screenshot showing the convo between you and the scammer across all social media platform (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)

Go to the last notification, your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or SMS) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

Now, visit any branch of the scammers' bank, ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

Lastly, While you are there, send an email to the SCAMMER'S BANK and also forward a copy of the mail to CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org). This will make the scammers' bank act fast.

If possible, print out all those chats with the scammer and submit it to the customer care in charge of fraud.

Once you have done the above steps, you should rest having an assurance that the culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD.

This will definitely hold all transactions on the scammers account until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect will be detained, and when proven guilty; he will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money ASAP.

That's all.

The above step is all you need to follow if you've been the victim of a scam, it works perfectly well.

You can also report on twitter tagging @Cenbank and the scammers' bank coupled with detailed screenshot containing chats and Transaction ID.

So, how did your fund recovery go with the above step? successful or not? let us know via the comment box.

If you have other valid ways with which you use to recover your scammed funds' you can also do well to share it with us via the comment box.

Kindly share
Op, what if the money was sent as cryptocurrency?
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Lexusgs430: 1:46am On Oct 17, 2020
kecee99:

No hope in hell of recovery....... Unregulated sector........

2 Likes

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Rakitic4: 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2020
kecee99:
It's lost forever
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by hansomb: 9:28am On Dec 08, 2020
Nice information but still prevention is better than cure.

2 Likes

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by kennyflames(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2020
yahoo boys won't like this grin
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by POWERBI: 2:01am On Feb 02, 2021
@ OP, I sent you a PM. Pls I need some info from you. Thanks.
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Iceking1(m): 11:58am On Mar 26, 2021
Rakitic4:

That's all.

Kindly share

Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Alex00001: 7:51am On Sep 12, 2021
Thanks for this Janet. I hope you don’t mind me doing a rider on this.

I just want to expatiate a bit on some assumptions in the writeup so we can advise others too as the sheer number of these incidents these days is quite alarming.

The major assumption here is that the scammer runs a legitimate bank account that can be flagged in the event of fraud for recovery or whose details can be traced easily from his KYC records with the bank. Facts however present a different story.

*Most* frauds of this kind are done using what we call *‘Wallet accounts’* which can be opened in any bank. The account type came from an initiative of the CBN and the industry in a bid to deepen financial inclusion. Account is opened only using a phone line and nothing else. Yes, nothing else is required as none of the information provided is verified. This means one can open a Wallet account with the name of Wole Soyinka(Well maybe the system of some banks might flag such a name) or Shina Peters; just about any name can be used.

The accounts require no BVN, no passport photograph, no ID card etc but can only be operated using USSD as long as the transaction threshold(N50,000.00) is not exceeded. Typically the withdrawals can only be made in tranches of N20,000.

Well, maybe we’d look at the pros and cons of this account type another day but let’s stay within the framework of the discussion-online vendor fraud.

If you’re scammed by anyone using these accounts, the steps outlined would hardly be of help unless you were fast enough(like within seconds of your transfer) to get in touch with the bank and report the fraud. Who discovers a fraud seconds after really?

So what advice would I give? Shopping online…
• Once the product being purchased or service being paid for is less than 50,000 let your *fraud alert be on Red*. One would have thought the higher the value the more you should worry but like I said in the context of our discussion the opposite is the case. If the funds go beyond 50k, then the receiver must have BVN which is at least a step forward. If you can risk following up with the anti-fraud unit of a bank that receives thousands of reports or with the police that gets countless reports of this sort then you can lower your alert flag.
• How well do you know this vendor i.e. did recommendations come from friends who know him/her? Convenience of online shopping here will have to be weighed against losing your hard earned cash. It’s better to let the deal go than lose the cash and the deal all together.
• Try the phone number on Truecaller and see if the result is the same as the identity the person is selling to you.
• Check if there’s a payment gateway such as Interswitch or Swiftpay etc on the seller’s site or page, where that is present then you can move up your trust gear.
• Be very ‘very’ careful when you are asked to pay into another account for one reason or the other. While someone may have an issue and request such in genuineness it’s a flag you shouldn’t ignore until you are totally convinced. Why would Jumia ask you to pay into an agent or staff account?
• There’s much more but in all don’t ignore that inner feeling that tells you it’s too good to be true.

You’d notice I didn’t say anything about getting your money back. Yes, that’s because in most cases where such accounts are used, you likely would not.

[url=updateskey.com]God bless you and may wisdom guide you. [/url]

4 Likes

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Littlefortune(m): 10:19am On Sep 12, 2021
Fraud has taken different dimensions these days a fraudster wouldn't give you any banking details to pay rather he/she would give you cryptocurrency wallet address which is very difficult to track down

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by wildlife9999(m): 6:12am On Oct 13, 2021
This thread is very helpful
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by Oyelekeson(m): 11:28pm On Oct 18, 2021
In addition to this, note not to trust even business account, most especially Paga accounts that what most of this scammer use to make it look real and gain your trust.

I am a victim. One idiot flagging on WhatsApp to be selling PS games, TV set and so on. With this details below

ACC no: *1829164007*

Bank: *Paga or Pagatech*

ACC Name: *Electronics Store*

This guy is a ScAM, he fake the name Hilary

Here is phone details: +234 818 841 1214

Even if you want to fall victim insist you need a bank with physical branch.

Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by EZEB1(m): 5:23am On Jan 25, 2022
Okay so I came across your topic after doing a Google search on the topic.

I was scammed of about N25,000 from a vendor on Instagram who claims they sell hand made shoes. I paid the total money for the shoe and the transport cost and since then the guy stopped replying messages nor picking his calls. I intend to follow this your steps above to see if I can recover my funds from this scammer. I will post my progress here too as I go on.
Re: How To Recover Money From A Scammer by hansomb: 6:24am On Jan 25, 2022
Makes sense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

XpressVerify's Access To Nigerians' NIN, Data: FG To Investigate Breach / Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv / Chinese Court Finds Gionee Guilty Of Planting Malware On Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.