Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. (1714 Views)

Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 / How Transsion Holdings Are Cheating And Lying To Nigerians / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Mystiq25(m): 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
In the last few months, I have seen a significant improvement in the caliber of phones released by the transsion company. infinix note 7, zero 8 camon 16, these phones have all come with a better processor than we used to have in the past, and now the latest infinix hot 10 and tecno spark 6, two entry level smartphones have all come with helio G70 SOC and a minimum of 3gb and 64gb storage. All thanks to the emergence of new Chinese brands into the Nigeria market, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo and the rest, if not for these brands I'm sure all the transsion phones I have mentioned above will come with these processors Helio A22, A25, P22, P23, maybe p60 on zero 8. Competition is good in a any business, consumers are the biggest winners.

2 Likes

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Kamaye(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
Yes, credit goes to Nairalanders especially xiaomi fans who are waiting for every opportunity to bash tecno and infinix.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Lavisha(f): 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
It's a win-win thing.
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by chariisGRACE(m): 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
If papa no like you, when you do wrong him no go correct you.

Massive credits to the "Xiaomi Fanboys" that have been bombarding Transsion with sense even though some people see it as HATE.

Transsion's improvement is courtesy to them. give it to them.

14 Likes

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Babanhajiya(m): 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
Price is their main problem.
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Kamaye(m): 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2020
Babanhajiya:
Price is their main problem.
exactly, they have peg the price of hot 10 at 60k and 45k for hot 10 lite which is 2gb ram and comes with Helio A22.

1 Like

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by DONFRANSKID(m): 4:01am On Sep 26, 2020
Processor wise they have upgraded but the screen is very cheap and camera na trash charging and battery is OK but the ui is very terrible alots of ads and no software update there is no uption to choose 5ghtz Hotspot only 2ghtz and single mic no NFC and lots more

1 Like

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by chariisGRACE(m): 5:58am On Sep 26, 2020
Kamaye:
exactly, they have peg the price of hot 10 at 60k and 45k for hot 10 lite which is 2gb ram and comes with Helio A22.

The price is OK considering the present Economic situation.
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Kamaye(m): 6:09am On Sep 26, 2020
chariisGRACE:

The price is OK considering the present Economic situation.
45k is not ok for a device with Helio A22 chip, there are better devices with cheaper price tag eg umidigi A7 pro which is just 40k on jumia.

1 Like

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by omoadeleye(m): 6:37am On Sep 26, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
Processor wise they have upgraded but the screen is very cheap and camera na trash charging and battery is OK but the ui is very terrible alots of ads and no software update there is no uption to choose 5ghtz Hotspot only 2ghtz and single mic no NFC and lots more

Uhn, is NFC necessarily?
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by chariisGRACE(m): 7:15am On Sep 26, 2020
Kamaye:
45k is not ok for a device with Helio A22 chip, there are better devices with cheaper price tag eg umidigi A7 pro which is just 40k on jumia.

The Hot 10 was on my mind when I made that statement.

The 10 Lite is trash as usual.
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by skywalker240(m): 7:24am On Sep 26, 2020
omoadeleye:

Uhn, is NFC necessarily?
Sir, please dont get us started.

If its not to you, it is to other customers.

@op i observed the improvement and i must say am a bit impressed, but am never going back to transsion. They've still got a lot of ugrading to do. Tbh

4 Likes

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by sunshineV(f): 7:28am On Sep 26, 2020
skywalker240:

@op i observed the improvement and i must say am a bit impressed, but am never going back to transsion. They've still got a lot of ugrading to do. Tbh
if only they've been upgrading all dis while dey would be on par or close to competitors but...

3 Likes

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by skywalker240(m): 7:33am On Sep 26, 2020
sunshineV:
if only they've been upgrading all dis while dey would be on par or close to competitors but...
Ding.

They just kept taking africans for fools.

Am still never going to advise anyone to buy transsion

1 Like

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by sunshineV(f): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2020
skywalker240:

Ding.

They just kept taking africans for fools.

Am still never going to advise anyone to buy transsion
never! they wasted their time cheating and now they are so far behind. no be by only processor(G90T) grin o they need good quality lcd screen not dat rubbish on d infinix note 8 and camon 16, better build quality not over 100k phone feeling like tecno spark 2, and dat wack ui if dey can't upgrade dey shu go stock and other problem dey need to look into...they are far behind abeg

4 Likes

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by skywalker240(m): 9:22am On Sep 26, 2020
sunshineV:
never! they wasted their time cheating and now they are so far behind. no be by only processor(G90T) grin o they need good quality lcd screen not dat rubbish on d infinix note 8 and camon 16, better build quality not over 100k phone feeling like tecno spark 2, and dat wack ui if dey can't upgrade dey shu go stock and other problem dey need to look into...they are far behind abeg
Gbamest. grin

I've lost so much interest in them bro.
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2020
chariisGRACE:
If papa no like you, when you do wrong him no go correct you.

Massive credits to the "Xiaomi Fanboys" that have been bombarding Transsion with sense even though some people see it as HATE.

Transsion's improvement is courtesy to them. give it to them.

Well received sir... �

1 Like

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:41am On Sep 26, 2020
skywalker240:

I have had my fair share of Transission's incompetence. No longer interested.

From last year to this very month. I have bought 29 xiaomi devices.
Talking with Realme on a possible channel to get their phones directly to Nigerians... They are yet to respond.

For me, my friends, love ones, families and enemies. Transission is a NO NO.

You meet me for a phone recommendation, these are the brands you should be expecting me to suggest.

Xiaomi, Samsung, Realme, Huawei and vivo.

So with these options readily available, why should I even bother disappointing someone by giving them a pain to remember me by?

5 Likes

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Bestchild: 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
Tecno is beginning to up their game. I was kinda surprised seeing the camon 16 with a different processor
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by bennyefosa19: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
Mystiq25:
In the last few months, I have seen a significant improvement in the caliber of phones released by the transsion company. infinix note 7, zero 8 camon 16, these phones have all come with a better processor than we used to have in the past, and now the latest infinix hot 10 and tecno spark 6, two entry level smartphones have all come with helio G70 SOC and a minimum of 3gb and 64gb storage. All thanks to the emergence of new Chinese brands into the Nigeria market, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo and the rest, if not for these brands I'm sure all the transsion phones I have mentioned above will come with these processors Helio A22, A25, P22, P23, maybe p60 on zero 8. Competition is good in a any business, consumers are the biggest winners.

The Infinix Zero 8 comes with the most competitive chipset in premium phones - The Mediatek helio G90T and is extremely popular for smartphone gaming. Completely agree with your point- there's a significant improvement in the latest launches by Tecno & Infinix be it the Camon 16 Premier or the Note 7 or Zero 8 by Infinix. Improvement is what we need.
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by akingbadeomoseb: 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
Mystiq25:
I agree with you. Smartphones like Infinix Zero 8 and Tecno Camon 16 Premier with their MediaTek Helio G90T processor and powerful cameras are doing really well in the market.
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
bennyefosa19:

The Infinix Zero 8 comes with the most competitive chipset in premium phones - The Mediatek helio G90T and is extremely popular for smartphone gaming. Completely agree with your point- there's a significant improvement in the latest launches by Tecno & Infinix be it the Camon 16 Premier or the Note 7 or Zero 8 by Infinix. Improvement is what we need.

One question mister premium... Which premium device have you seen driven with the mtk helio G90T?

4 Likes

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Mohbola(f): 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2020
Tecno is stepping up their game, its a nice one
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by oscillation55(m): 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
Mohbola:
Tecno is stepping up their game, its a nice one
Exactly
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by harryodilli19(m): 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2020
Mystiq25:

Looks like Transsion is buckling up to retain its hold in the African market through improvements in latest smartphones like Infinix Zero 8, Tecno Camon 16 Premier and now Tecno Spark 6. Otherwise, it would be sweeped right out by brands like realme & redmi which have started launching powerful budget phones with the MediaTek Helio gaming processors

1 Like

Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Unbiased1: 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2020
hmm
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by harryodilli19(m): 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2020
akingbadeomoseb:

I agree with you. Smartphones like Infinix Zero 8 and Tecno Camon 16 Premier with their MediaTek Helio G90T processor and powerful cameras are doing really well in the market.

Even Tecno Spark 6 for that matter is a good addition. From the Camon series it was expected that it will try to compete with Infinix Zero 8. The Spark 6 with Helio G70 gaming processor by MediaTek seems to be giving competition to the Infinix Note 7 after its success in the African market
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by sureinfo: 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2020
its very true that competition is vey good for business nevertheless i think transsion devices have always been great
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by sureinfo: 6:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
i havent seen the spark 6 yet but the specs i am hearing it has seems to be very amazing
harryodilli19:

Even Tecno Spark 6 for that matter is a good addition. From the Camon series it was expected that it will try to compete with Infinix Zero 8. The Spark 6 with Helio G70 gaming processor by MediaTek seems to be giving competition to the Infinix Note 7 after its success in the African market
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
TECNO has greatly improved.
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
harryodilli19:

The Spark 6 is not yet in Nigeria.
Re: Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. by Corroro: 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
No doubt the specs of the newly released TECNO phones have shown great improvement

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scared of Buying From Jumia / Huawei Nova 7i / Stolen Samsung S10+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.