Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) (82457 Views)

Condoms, Guns, Cigarettes From German Submarine Sank During WWII (Pics) / Battleship Island: Once World's Most Populated City Abandoned 47 Years Ago(Pics) / Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2020
The remains of a Second World War-era Bell P-39 Airacobra fighter aircraft have been pulled from the Black Sea.

The plane was hauled from the water in the Kalamita Bay, near the village of Novofyodorovka, Crimea, as part of a joint expedition of the Russian Geographical Society and the Russian Defence Ministry.

The aircraft had entered service with the Black Sea Fleet in 1943 but was forced to make a water landing just one year later due to a technical malfunction during a training flight.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8772705/Second-World-War-era-Bell-P-39-Airacobra-crashed-1943-raised-depths-Black-Sea.html?ito=social-facebook

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
The plane was discovered by amateur scuba diver Alexey Kazarinov in 2017 at a depth of six metres below the water surface and 800 meters from the coastline.

He told authorities the approximate coordinates of the accidental find but they could not locate the crash site for almost a year.

An official study of the fighter was eventually carried out in 2019 by an expedition of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation to search for sunken objects relating to the Great Patriotic War and retrieval of the plane began earlier this month.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8772705/Second-World-War-era-Bell-P-39-Airacobra-crashed-1943-raised-depths-Black-Sea.html?ito=social-facebook

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
The total flight time recorded in this plane at the time of the accident was 9 hours 25 minutes (the cockpit covered in sea urchins pictured).

8 Likes 2 Shares

Pictured, the P-39 Airacobra was a fighter aircraft made by Bell Aircraft.

It first flew in 1939 but was not introduced into the American fleet until 1944.

The fighter was transferred to a truck where guards were posted and it is now thought that the jet will become an exhibit of one of the museums.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
Was steve rogers also discovered in there? Lots of hidden secrets under the sea.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Kpomosauce: 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2020
God go punish all chelsea players Ijn.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by NgwalandAbia(m): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
Great, war can be fun sometimes. Our people are no longer scared of it,we fought for what we believe in and will fight again if the shiit spills again.tested and trusted.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Richdee1(m): 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kpomosauce:
God go punish all chelsea players Ijn.
������ Ended in tears

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by NNAMDIII(m): 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2020
NgwalandAbia:
Great, war can be fun sometimes. Our people are no longer scared of it,we fought for what we believe in and will fight again if the shiit spills again.tested and trusted.
Even top military generals don't like war, it's only someone that hasn't seen war that will come to naira land and start spewing tantrums

382 Likes 11 Shares

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by decatalyst(m): 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2020
NNAMDIII:
Even top military generals don't like war, it's only someone that hasn't seen war that will come to naira land and start spewing tantrums

Don't mind them.

Lots of people haven't seen pockets of skirmishes not to talk of war. They will scamper for safety at the sound of war plane engine. Nah online they get mouth.

194 Likes 6 Shares

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Flexherbal(m): 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Was steve rogers also discovered in there? Lots of hidden secrets under the sea.

I tell you.

1 Like

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by ezeudo97817: 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
:Was steve rogers also discovered in there? plenty of hidden mysteries under the oceans.I tell you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by NgwalandAbia(m): 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
NNAMDIII:

Don't be scared.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by NgwalandAbia(m): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
NNAMDIII:

Don't be scared
Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by NNAMDIII(m): 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
decatalyst:

Don't mind them.

Lots of people haven't seen pockets of skirmishes not to talk of war. They will scamper for safety at the sound of war plain engine. Nah online they get mouth.
I was with air force special force this may, at afaka kaduna and we were discussing about bandits and all those stuffs, the soldiers were saying they hate war, these guys are special forces oo, I've seen a bandit attach at kaduna, then i was wearing complete camo, see fear wey wan kill me, I don't pray to experience anything like war in this life bro, na people wey never even carry ordinary fabric national riffle dey shout war up and down

143 Likes 5 Shares

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by decatalyst(m): 8:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
NNAMDIII:
I was with air force special force this may, at afaka kaduna and we were discussing about bandits and all those stuffs, the soldiers were saying they hate war, these guys are special forces oo, I've seen a bandit attach at kaduna, then i was wearing complete camo, see fear wey wan kill me, I don't pray to experience anything like war in this life bro, na people wey never even carry ordinary fabric national riffle dey shout war up and down

My brother, you couldn't have said it more.

Only people with no idea of how things play out in war front would get orgasm at the mention of the prospect of a war.

People that haven't handle a pistol or experience the recoil of an AK47 would just be blabbing grin grin

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by DANNYBELT(m): 9:21pm On Sep 26, 2020
Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Gosj01(m): 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
A plan with lots of history
Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Onyenna(m): 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
Wow
Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Sabadon(m): 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
wowwww....mystery unravelled
Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Texman21: 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
decatalyst:

My brother, you couldn't have said it more.

Only people with no idea of how things play out in war front would get orgasm at the mention of the prospect of a war.

People that haven't handle a pistol or experience the recoil of an AK47 would just be blabbing grin grin
you know there are people who only find peace in war and there are those who enjoy the killing and the adrenaline let's hope Hitlers generals never reincarnate.

9 Likes

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Priapus69: 11:33pm On Sep 26, 2020
Was Captain America Steve Rogers inside?
Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by ucheuzor1(m): 8:36am On Sep 27, 2020
As far it's explorer thread, automatic front-page. Explorer thread and snake thread are like 5 and 6. Always front-page. I don park my molue here dey wait till e hit front-page.

2 Likes

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Vyzz: 8:50am On Sep 27, 2020
WAR WAR WAR....

War is all we humans know and and understand....

To us Peace is an illusion. And no matter how tranquil the world seems, peace doesn't last long. Peace is a struggle against our very nature. A skin we stretch over the bone, muscle, and sinew of our own innate savagery.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by DropsMic(m): 9:30am On Sep 27, 2020

White people are aliens

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by sunshineV(f): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2020
wait till when dumb folks ask u "when was d universe created"
Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Iceyjayz: 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nice one, I hate wars though.

3 Likes

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by kcowen(m): 1:21pm On Sep 27, 2020
I have been to war and I fought gallantly but it was in my head

6 Likes

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Fash20: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Vyzz:
WAR WAR WAR....

War is all we humans know and and understand....

To us Peace is an illusion. And no matter how tranquil the world seems, peace doesn't last long. Peace is a struggle against our very nature. A skin we stretch over the bone, muscle, and sinew of our own innate savagery.

I doubt war like world war 2 can be fought for the next 500 years. There's is economic warfare now and it much more effective for those who have the power

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by faithfulsoul: 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Vintage
Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by Enudapan: 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated
Re: WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) by EdmundChidera(m): 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
And some people somewhere are clamouring for World War 3

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Saw Danfo In Houston, Texas (photos) / 'Stolen From Haven Suit': This Hotel Is Tired Of People Stealing Its Towels / What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.