Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,219 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan (3029 Views)

"I Will Never Try It Again": Mike Ezuruonye Cries On Walking On Suspended Bridge / Mike Ezuruonye To Divorce Wife For Giving Birth To An Albino - Made4naija.com / Mike Ezuruonye, Nkem Owoh & Zoro Drinking Beer In Public Bar. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Ctorch: 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
Popular filmmaker, Kunle Afolayan, has reacted to the social media row involving him and notable actor, Mike Ezuruonye, saying that the later merely misunderstood him.

“While I did not see my innocent reaction to an indicting post by a random IG follower as capable of further hurting my friend and colleague, Mike Ezuruonye, to be labelled a tribalist in retaliation is very unfortunate,” says Afolayan.

“Honestly, I was misunderstood,” the filmmaker says while shedding light on the matter.

“My reaction, which was rather spontaneous, was to chide the IG follower who appeared to be reporting the actor to me. And I merely asked (in Yoruba) how all of that was my business. It was like saying ‘when did I become an officer of the law’. Obviously, my colleague took the context of my post wrongly and angrily accused me of tribalism.

“I do not know what gave birth to such misrepresentation. However, while I am famous for living and promoting everything that my tradition stands for as a Yoruba man, I have maintained a mutual friendship with people of other extractions, Igbos especially. It is therefore not in the interest of both of us (Mike Ezuruonye and I) to politicise our emotion with tribal colouration. For me, this is undeserving of our other friends, and goes to offend the sensibility of genuine relationships we have each cultivated with people of other tribes.”

On how he has been promoting inter-tribal relationships through his works, Afolayan says the facts are there for all to see.

“The ideals are reflected in the themes and plots of my movies, some of which include; The Figurine, The Bridge, Phone Swap, Omugwo, and Roti.”

The filmmaker says he has offered an olive branch on the matter. “I have told Mike ‘I’m sorry’ since he found my post offensive. I am also apologising to anyone who also may have seen things from his point of view. Ire o.”

http://community.thenationonlineng.net/forum/mike-ezuruonye-misunderstood-me-im-sorry-says-kunle-afolayan?xg_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3ZdkWXOrvegdJc63P3xJ91oyVyzsQfhEeOW6n6PoHZwSeKS_FOW_tyyQw

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
Afolanyan is a tribalist

Moreover that Igbo-yoruba movie combo of a thing should stop.

It doesn't make or add any sense to the movie...

That style of acting should end and those promoting such combo should cease to do so.

There is no benefit or logic for such nonsense combo.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by onward4life(m): 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Afolanyan is a tribalist

More that Igbo-yoruba movie combo of a thing should stop.

It doesn't make or add any sense to the movie.

E dey show 4 him bia bia

Like a cu nt dat won't squirt
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
onward4life:

E dey show 4 him bia bia
Like a cu nt dat won't squirt

Very obvious, his moustache says clearly who he is.
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by SaintBeehot(m): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Afolanyan is a tribalist

That style of acting should ending and those promoting such combo should cease to do so.
you're too dumb to be human, how do you survive

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
SaintBeehot:
you're too dumb to be human, how do you survive

This is Nigeria and everyone should mind their business. The movie combo teaches nothing and no sensible human should even think of encouraging such.

Same Afolanyan and his ilks are the one writing such nonsense scripts. It is not needed Abeg.

Everyone should act according to their people taste and allow their own people criticise them.
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by onward4life(m): 2:00pm On Sep 28, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Very obvious, his moustache says clearly who he is.

Jide curse sore core

Na another worst red man

Bleaching like agama

He go soon cry 4 help

Apc used his like

Obasanjo and woke soyin cat
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Obamaofusa: 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
Ctorch:

Popular filmmaker, Kunle Afolayan, has reacted to the social media row involving him and notable actor, Mike Ezuruonye, saying that the later merely misunderstood him.

“While I did not see my innocent reaction to an indicting post by a random IG follower as capable of further hurting my friend and colleague, Mike Ezuruonye, to be labelled a tribalist in retaliation is very unfortunate,” says Afolayan.

“Honestly, I was misunderstood,” the filmmaker says while shedding light on the matter.

“My reaction, which was rather spontaneous, was to chide the IG follower who appeared to be reporting the actor to me. And I merely asked (in Yoruba) how all of that was my business. It was like saying ‘when did I become an officer of the law’. Obviously, my colleague took the context of my post wrongly and angrily accused me of tribalism.

“I do not know what gave birth to such misrepresentation. However, while I am famous for living and promoting everything that my tradition stands for as a Yoruba man, I have maintained a mutual friendship with people of other extractions, Igbos especially. It is therefore not in the interest of both of us (Mike Ezuruonye and I) to politicise our emotion with tribal colouration. For me, this is undeserving of our other friends, and goes to offend the sensibility of genuine relationships we have each cultivated with people of other tribes.”

On how he has been promoting inter-tribal relationships through his works, Afolayan says the facts are there for all to see.

“The ideals are reflected in the themes and plots of my movies, some of which include; The Figurine, The Bridge, Phone Swap, Omugwo, and Roti.”

The filmmaker says he has offered an olive branch on the matter. “I have told Mike ‘I’m sorry’ since he found my post offensive. I am also apologising to anyone who also may have seen things from his point of view. Ire o.”

http://community.thenationonlineng.net/forum/mike-ezuruonye-misunderstood-me-im-sorry-says-kunle-afolayan?xg_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3ZdkWXOrvegdJc63P3xJ91oyVyzsQfhEeOW6n6PoHZwSeKS_FOW_tyyQw

That is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by ZZ22: 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
When will you stop being sorry for your actions? your always sorry whenever your bigotry is called out. You were sorry yesterday for your hate filled tweet against Igbos, today you are sorry for immaturity and whatever you have against Mike.
Who knows what you will be sorry for again tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by PlayerMeji: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
Truth be told, Igbos know how to play the tribal card at all time.

When they are winning, it's Bleep everyone, when they are losing, it's the tribal hate game.

How that little incident degenerated into a tribal grease ball was surprising.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by gbowoade85142: 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
That is the thing to go.
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by crossfm: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
Good to hear him say he was sorry. When I saw that tweet I outrigly said he was wrong.

Mike should accept his apology and move on.life is too short for us to be fighting and having bad blood.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by DenreleDave(m): 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
Even though you were wrong to have done that..
Good u apologize...

Mike is more wronger... Mike shud not put a whole tribe into a misunderstanding...

Why invite tiger into dogs fight?

He had to find a way to involve tribes into the matter
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by DenreleDave(m): 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
ZZ22:
When will you stop being sorry for your actions? your always sorry whenever your bigotry is called out. You were sorry yesterday for your hate filled tweet against Igbos, today you are sorry for immaturity and whatever you have against Mike.

He said his manager is an Igbo man too.

And his manager has always complained too abt the Piracy issue..

Anyway he has apologised..
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by DenreleDave(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Afolanyan is a tribalist

That style of acting should end and those promoting such combo should cease to do so.

There is no benefit or logic for such nonsense combo.

Do you mean it?

If Igbo does it movies in Igbo languages only

Yoruba does it own in yoruba language,

Who do you think will make more sales?

Owing to the fact that most tribes understand yoruba perfectly but only Igbos understand Igbos..

Just a question sir
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by nazicartel(m): 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2020
Welcome development,, they should settle and move ahead

1 Like

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Muna4real(f): 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

Do you mean it?

Owing to the fact that most tribes understand yoruba perfectly but only Igbos understand Igbos..

Just a question sir

Don't generalize. You don't know the number of people that understand both languages.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 28, 2020
shocked nawao
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by DenreleDave(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
Muna4real:

Don't generalize. You don't know the number of people that understand both languages.

Aunty.. It is not abt generalization..

Almost 60 percent of Igbos in Lagos understand yoruba very well.. 30 percent can even write in yoruba..

Now, less than 5 % yoruba understand Igbo language...

Pls no insult oo.. Let's just argue with sense.....

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Benevento(m): 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

Do you mean it?

Just a question sir
hmmm
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Muna4real(f): 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

Aunty.. It is not abt generalization..

Almost 60 percent of Igbos in Lagos understand yoruba very well.. 30 percent can even write in yoruba..

Now, less than 5 % yoruba understand Igbo language...

Pls no insult oo.. Let's just argue with sense.....

You are still generalising. When will you guys understand that not all igbos are in Lagos? So because the igbos in Lagos might understand yoruba, then you assume that most igbos understand yoruba? What about the igbos in other states in Nigeria? What about the igbos in other countries?

1 Like

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by DenreleDave(m): 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2020
Muna4real:

You are still generalising. When will you guys understand that not all igbos are in Lagos? So because the igbos in Lagos might understand yoruba, then you assume that most igbos understand yoruba? What about the igbos in other states in Nigeria? What about the igbos in other countries?

Understand me.. When i talk abt Igbos, I am concerned with Igbos in Lagos and South west..

South west Igbos are my main area of study..

Almost 60 percentage of them understand yoruba well...... 20 % can read and write in yoruba sef....
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Muna4real(f): 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

Understand me.. When i talk abt Igbos, I am concerned with Igbos in Lagos and South west..

South west Igbos are my main area of study..

Almost 60 percentage of them understand yoruba well...... 20 % can read and write in yoruba sef....

Then that means, most of the yorubas in the south east will understand igbo too. There won't be any problems with the movies. Those that understand the languages will watch the movies. Saying that most igbos understand yoruba is false .
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by DenreleDave(m): 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
Muna4real:

Then that means, [b]most of the yorubas in the south east will understand igbo [/b]too. There won't be any problems with the movies. Those that understand the languages will watch the movies. Saying that most igbos understand yoruba is false .

You know the bolded is a lie.. If 70% Igbos in southwest and 70% in south east too..

Then I can confidently tell u dt 50 percent out of 70 will understand yoruba

While less than 20 percent in 70 of yorubas in south east will understand Igbo.

Igbo as a language is the hardest of all languages.. Yes mark it..
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by kcowen(m): 4:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
Muna4real:

Then that means, most of the yorubas in the south east will understand igbo too. There won't be any problems with the movies. Those that understand the languages will watch the movies. Saying that most igbos understand yoruba is false .
Oga he is very correct,at least 60% of Igbo who were born and breed in Lagos can speak Yoruba fluently,maybe only 30% can write,I for example and some of my Igbo friends can speak and write Yoruba,same can be said for the Yoruba who were born and breed in the east ..I schooled in the east one of my coursemate(Yoruba)can speak Igbo and write it perfectly it's just a thing of interest..I don't know what your basics are
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by kcowen(m): 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
DenreleDave:

You know the bolded is a lie.. If 70% Igbos in southwest and 70% in south east too..

Then I can confidently tell u dt 50 percent out of 70 will understand yoruba

While less than 20 percent in 70 of yorubas in south east will understand Igbo.

[s]Igbo as a language is the hardest of all languages.. Yes mark it[/s]..
To you,My dear how many of the ethic tribe have you visited or met
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Muna4real(f): 5:13pm On Sep 28, 2020
kcowen:

Oga he is very correct,at least 60% of Igbo who were born and breed in Lagos can speak Yoruba fluently,maybe only 30% can write,I for example and some of my Igbo friends can speak and write Yoruba,same can be said for the Yoruba who were born and breed in the east ..I schooled in the east one of my coursemate(Yoruba)can speak Igbo and write it perfectly it's just a thing of interest..I don't know what your basics are

60% of igbos in Lagos is different from 60% of igbos in general. That's what I'm saying. Only those in Lagos or south west can understand yoruba. It's different from the entire igbo race.
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by britiko: 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2020
ZZ22:

Did u see the tweet at all or you are just talking?
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by kcowen(m): 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
Muna4real:

60% of igbos in Lagos is different from 60% of igbos in general. That's what I'm saying. Only those in Lagos or south west can understand yoruba. It's different from the entire igbo race.
I said 60% born and breed in Lagos will definitely understand Yoruba,even those one who migrated still takes time to understand the language

1 Like

Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by jesmond3945: 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2020
Juliusmalema:

This is Nigeria and everyone should mind their business. The movie combo teaches nothing and no sensible human should even think of encouraging such.

Same Afolanyan and his ilks are the one writing such nonsense scripts. It is not needed Abeg.

Everyone should act according to their people taste and allow their own people criticise them.
why are you not promoting unity?
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by Kobicove(m): 6:50pm On Sep 28, 2020
A harmless twit that was misunderstood has just wrecked a friendship that took years to build...

This is why people should not be quick to react to everything they see on social media undecided
Re: Mike Ezuruonye Misunderstood Me, ‘im Sorry,’ Says Kunle Afolayan by merieam16(f): 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
space for sale...with d comments up der,seriously Nigeria can neva be one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Davido Baby Mama Sophia Momodu Went For Surgery As Chioma Flunta Her New Man / Viral Video Of Dog Doing Yoga With Her Owner Steals People’s Hearts(video) / See What Happen Lil Uzi Vert After Removing The 11 Carat Diamond On His Forehead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.