Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

I Need To Tell Them This Secret. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need To Tell Them This Secret. (2141 Views)

Some Few Girls Run When I Tell Them My Age. / When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by Sunmars: 8:08am On Sep 29, 2020
Firstly I really don't like sharing stories here. It feels awkward, but sometimes, you can't really wrap your head around certain issues and you need third parties to examine your issues.

This is a new moniker I created for this issue.
Mods please don't send this to frontpage.

Ignore the errors and typos.

I shared the first part of this story in a previous thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6062515/may-go-separate-ways

Now I have been able to get a good self contain apartment in the oukskirt of town. The neighborhood is not posh but the compound and flats is really good.
I won't mind as I mostly stay indoors and always mind my business.
Madam has still refused to come with me. I have already made up my mind for a solo trip in my lifr journey henceforth.

Three weeks ago, I got a call from one of my uncle. Immediately he requested to see me, I knew something was wrong. I eventually went to see him in the company of another uncle who came to pick me.
On getting there, the elder one said madam came and discussed so many issues which where down right lies and half truth.
She said I don't take care of them nor feed them! ( I eventually got statements from my four accounts showing transfers to her account on weekly basis with narrations such as feeding allowance, foods, baby food etc. Even rent payments were via transfers too)

She said so many things that were downright foolish. I can't possibly type all here.
She also accused my mum of being the cause of our problem. That it was my mum that brought the idea of me moving to outskirt of town. She conveniently forgot it was the challenges I encountered that led to that decision.

Even when she was having problems conceiving for 3 years my mum was always encouraging her and advising her to pray.

So after meeting with my uncles and refuting all those lies, I returned home and didn't confront her. I didn't want things spiraling out of control and leading to dangerous events that will appear on pages of papers. I was ready to play calm and avoid trouble.

Two weeks ago it was time for me to host my town brethrens. Madam was aware. The meeting was supposed to be on Sunday but madam left for her mom's house immediately she returned from work on Friday.
I have already vowed to ignore everything until I leave so I took over preparation. I eventually took the chickens to a friend who is a caterer to help me prepare Free of charge.
Madam came back Sunday afternoon, an hour to the meeting.
All through the event,she wore a long face and refused to do anything. No complaints from me as I handled everything myself.
As I was seeing the guests to their cars, one of my aunty told me to return back home that madam is putting on jeans trouser and said she will attack my mum who also came for the meeting.
I hurried back in and actually hurried back in to meet madam now wearing jeans trouser instead of the wrapper she was putting on. I waited to see what will happen but she did nothing again.
Well if she has tried that nonsense, it would have spelt big trouble for her, I can guaranty that.

Just last Friday, I came in late from work and not long after, her mum and her younger sister marched in. The mum was huffing and puffing like a boxer. I was,just watching in amusement. She said she wanted to see me, so I said OK.
She said my younger sister called madam and threatened to come down from her base to beat madam up because madam said she was gonna fight her mum( my mother).
I said she(my sister) must have spoken that out of anger and as a woman. I said any lady who heard such news about a threat to her mum, whether its true or false would react that way.
That even her own daughters would do same too.
Madam's mother went ahead to say something that got my spiked up. She said she is afraid for the safety of her daughter. I tried to reassure her that my sister meant no harm, but she continued.
That she is afraid of me and my family, that she heard that my tribe used to eat humans.
I stopped her there immediately and asked her to take her daughter and leave immediately.
If after 6 years of marriage and a couple of years of dating without any issues and no harm to her daughter, she can say this, then they have no business being in my house.

So madam got up and grabbed some few clothing's and left with her mum and sister.

Now I am going to call them and reveal things I have sworn not to tell anyone.
I will call the mother and tell them the medical condition of their daughter before they will later say it is me and my flesh eating tribesmen that inflicted her.
I will tell them her HIV status, that her two fallopian tubes are occluded (blocked ) and that she has hormonal imbalance.
These are things I have kept to myself and managed madam's condition myself, but I think they need to know the truth.
I think I should do this to absolve myself of blame as this woman goes around painting me and my family bad.

Now I can see why madam has been acting the way she does. It is the doctrine she got from my mother.
Now I understand why my pastor requested I move my family away from this people. He said this two years ago and I didn't mention anything to him. Dude must have seen something I didn't.

I am finally moving to the new place next weekend alone. Life goes on.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by Biglittlelois(f): 8:16am On Sep 29, 2020
Okay you're free to tell your wife's people her HIV status, nothing spoil, life goes on.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 29, 2020
Will I ever get married?

If God does not choose for me, as in audibly point out my wife to me. I will never have anything to do with women or marriage
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by PureGoldh(m): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2020
This your story is an interesting one.......Much kudos and respect to you bro.

You handled the situation like a real man....just tell your wife's family her current health status to avoid stories... probably if anything goes wrong (which am not praying for) they might use it against you.

So be open and Free like a bird.

I wish you all the Best
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by Mariangeles(f): 8:46am On Sep 29, 2020
You two have deep grievances you both need to address.
Unspoken words and unaddressed issues can create tension in relationships, causing them to drift apart.
You don't necessarily have to be together, but being at peace with each other is very important.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by AfroKnight: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2020
It appears your wife is determined to make your life difficult. She will not change.

Unfortunately for you, you have married a competitor and a leech. She will suck you dry while competing with you (unnecessarily) and telling lies about you.

Her family will support her even when she is wrong. They will not see reason with you even if you reveal all her health secrets and the sheer injustice of her lies and half truth. They will stand by their sister/daughter. You will not get the closure you seek. Just brace yourself.

Don’t let it get to the point where you begin to pity yourself. YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM.

Focus on your life. Send money for your son’s upkeep and keep records.

Don’t be sorry for yourself. Just face your work/business.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by TiffanyJ(f): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2020
My brother, I'm sorry to say that after reading your two stories, I've come to the conclusion that your wife doesn't want you to progress in life. I see no reason why she has 1.8 million in her account and she watched you suffer to take care of her and the son you both have.
I was in primary 4 when something happened in my neighbourhood. A neighbour's wife was ill and they needed like 40k for surgery. This man ran helter skelter looking for money to pay his wife's hospital bills. He could only come up with 25k. (Mind you, at that time, 20k na money, not now when 20k can't even feed you for 3 weeks). Long story short, this woman finally died. As she was being bathed and readied for her final destination, 50k was discovered in a small bag tied around her waist.
My brother, that story was the talk in town at that time. People are sha, wicked!

4 Likes

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by linnyx: 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
I must salute you on your disposition even in the face of provocation. You did really well.
You must as a matter of great importance sand urgency reveal the health status of your wife to her family least they come for you when she starts falling Ill as a result of the psychological trauma she will be going through in the coming weeks. Mind you, both of you will be going through this trauma as a result of this separation.

Meanwhile, ensure you do not go alone. Make sure you go with an uncle or 2 and if possible make sure one of two of her relatives are there present to act as witnesses.

I only just wish it won't come down to this because there will be no going back once you do this. She might find it very difficult to forgive you.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by linnyx: 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
I must salute you on your disposition even in the face of provocation. You did really well.
You must as a matter of great importance sand urgency reveal the health status of your wife to her family least they come for you when she starts falling Ill as a result of the psychological trauma she will be going through in the coming weeks. Mind you, both of you will be going through this trauma as a result of this separation.

Meanwhile, ensure you do not go alone. Make sure you go with an uncle or 2 and if possible make sure one of two of her relatives are there present to act as witnesses.

I only just wish it won't come down to this because there will be no going back once you do this. She might find it very difficult to forgive you.

Best of luck.[/quote]
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by frozen70(f): 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sunmars:
Firstly I really don't like sharing stories here. It feels awkward, but sometimes, you can't really wrap your head around certain issues and you need third parties to examine your issues.

This is a new moniker I created for this issue.
Mods please don't send this to frontpage.

Ignore the errors and typos.

I shared the first part of this story in a previous thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6062515/may-go-separate-ways

Now I have been able to get a good self contain apartment in the oukskirt of town. The neighborhood is not posh but the compound and flats is really good.
I won't mind as I mostly stay indoors and always mind my business.
Madam has still refused to come with me. I have already made up my mind for a solo trip in my lifr journey henceforth.

Three weeks ago, I got a call from one of my uncle. Immediately he requested to see me, I knew something was wrong. I eventually went to see him in the company of another uncle who came to pick me.
On getting there, the elder one said madam came and discussed so many issues which where down right lies and half truth.
She said I don't take care of them nor feed them! ( I eventually got statements from my four accounts showing transfers to her account on weekly basis with narrations such as feeding allowance, foods, baby food etc. Even rent payments were via transfers too)

She said so many things that were downright foolish. I can't possibly type all here.
She also accused my mum of being the cause of our problem. That it was my mum that brought the idea of me moving to outskirt of town. She conveniently forgot it was the challenges I encountered that led to that decision.

Even when she was having problems conceiving for 3 years my mum was always encouraging her and advising her to pray.

So after meeting with my uncles and refuting all those lies, I returned home and didn't confront her. I didn't want things spiraling out of control and leading to dangerous events that will appear on pages of papers. I was ready to play calm and avoid trouble.

Two weeks ago it was time for me to host my town brethrens. Madam was aware. The meeting was supposed to be on Sunday but madam left for her mom's house immediately she returned from work on Friday.
I have already vowed to ignore everything until I leave so I took over preparation. I eventually took the chickens to a friend who is a caterer to help me prepare Free of charge.
Madam came back Sunday afternoon, an hour to the meeting.
All through the event,she wore a long face and refused to do anything. No complaints from me as I handled everything myself.
As I was seeing the guests to their cars, one of my aunty told me to return back home that madam is putting on jeans trouser and said she will attack my mum who also came for the meeting.
I hurried back in and actually hurried back in to meet madam now wearing jeans trouser instead of the wrapper she was putting on. I waited to see what will happen but she did nothing again.
Well if she has tried that nonsense, it would have spelt big trouble for her, I can guaranty that.

Just last Friday, I came in late from work and not long after, her mum and her younger sister marched in. The mum was huffing and puffing like a boxer. I was,just watching in amusement. She said she wanted to see me, so I said OK.
She said my younger sister called madam and threatened to come down from her base to beat madam up because madam said she was gonna fight her mum( my mother).
I said she(my sister) must have spoken that out of anger and as a woman. I said any lady who heard such news about a threat to her mum, whether its true or false would react that way.
That even her own daughters would do same too.
Madam's mother went ahead to say something that got my spiked up. She said she is afraid for the safety of her daughter. I tried to reassure her that my sister meant no harm, but she continued.
That she is afraid of me and my family, that she heard that my tribe used to eat humans.
I stopped her there immediately and asked her to take her daughter and leave immediately.
If after 6 years of marriage and a couple of years of dating without any issues and no harm to her daughter, she can say this, then they have no business being in my house.

So madam got up and grabbed some few clothing's and left with her mum and sister.

Now I am going to call them and reveal things I have sworn not to tell anyone.
I will call the mother and tell them the medical condition of their daughter before they will later say it is me and my flesh eating tribesmen that inflicted her.
I will tell them her HIV status, that her two fallopian tubes are occluded (blocked ) and that she has hormonal imbalance.
These are things I have kept to myself and managed madam's condition myself, but I think they need to know the truth.
I think I should do this to absolve myself of blame as this woman goes around painting me and my family bad.

Now I can see why madam has been acting the way she does. It is the doctrine she got from my mother.
Now I understand why my pastor requested I move my family away from this people. He said this two years ago and I didn't mention anything to him. Dude must have seen something I didn't.

I am finally moving to the new place next weekend alone. Life goes on.

You have done well by tolerating the nonsense she has been doing Al these while

Simply go with your family and give them , give them a date and let the two families listen to you all

After that, demand for the bride price you paid if any and tell them you are done with the marriage

You really have to move on and don't let anyone slow you down

1 Like

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by poshestmina(f): 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
You have tried as a man.

Call for meeting for both families.
Let it all out!!

Don't keep quiet and have someone tarnish your image while you protect hers.
Go with evidences,if you can lay your hands on her results,go with them.

I'm sure at the end of the meeting ,her and her family will bury their heads in shame.

That woman doesn't mean well for you .

It's well!
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by anthonyuncle(m): 6:55am On Sep 30, 2020
mehn!
what I hear about marriages dz days are scary
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by anthonyuncle(m): 6:56am On Sep 30, 2020
poshestmina:
You have tried as a man.

Call for meeting for both families.
Let it all out!!

Don't keep quiet and have someone tarnish your image while you protect hers.
Go with evidences,if you can lay your hands on her results,go with them.

I'm sure at the end of the meeting ,her and her family will bury their heads in shame.

That woman doesn't mean well for you .

It's well!

such meetings end in huge quarrels and disagreements (especially when the subjects are present)
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by realborn(m): 8:29am On Sep 30, 2020
@OP

undecided

While it may seem very logical to expose her secrets, I strongly implore you not to. We do not get even vide health related taunts. Nothing will happen to her to warrant the exposure. You have been amazing and adorably supportive.

Forge on and have faith. The good Lord will resuscitate immense blessings in your life. At the appointed time, she will look back and affirm she indeed maltreated a good man. Her confessions will be from her mouth.

Stay blessed!

3 Likes

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by merieam16(f): 9:03am On Sep 30, 2020
First time i'm seeing a thread dats says " dont send it to front page"
Some people even if sey shit u will see dem shouting lalasnake,etc frontpage o as der life depends on it.cheesy

back to ur post, u av really tried anything dat works for u man. atleast u tried ur best,its ur wife' family dats nt reasonable here
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by GoldenJAT(m): 9:29am On Sep 30, 2020
It is time to let go! You had and still putting up a good fight!! But somethings are better left alone.
Your conscience will guide you.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by Ganjafama(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2020
You have done well so far. If you must leave her do so but don't reveal her health status to anyone. If you reveal her HIV status to people she may hate you for ever. Quietly leave her if you have to.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by Sixfeetbelle: 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ganjafama:
You have done well so far. If you must leave her do so but don't reveal her health status to anyone. If you reveal her HIV status to people she may hate you for ever. Quietly leave her if you have to.

He has to though, at least to her mother and her sister. It must be in a family meeting kind of setting. I feel like if he doesn't, they'll continue to tarnish his family's name however they like.

I know it may be dangerous but he has to. Abeg

4 Likes

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by eyinjuege: 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
Please run for your dear life, and under no circumstances should you reconcile.
Your child will be fine. Just keep sending enough to the mother for his upkeep and school fees.
If it's possible, never see her face to face again, and work out custody arrangements for your child even if it has to be through a court.
Telling her status is neither here nor there. If you have to do that, tell only her mother and let the mother know you are negative so it wanst you who infected her. Let them also know your son is negative too.
Marriage no be by force and this life is just once.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by sisisioge: 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
I think you have things figured out already...telling your mother in-law about her daughter's status. That way, they won't say you did it. Good luck with your life boss...may God help you.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by psylliumhusk1: 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
Your wife is acting like you did something terrible to her and she has been keeping the grudge and just acting on it now.
She is acting like she knows you don't have her back and is looking out only for herself.
Do you verbally abuse or threaten with her health status. Have you ever threatened her with leaving ??
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by fineboynl(m): 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
a product of desperation marriage from either or both side. desperatoon marriage fire by forced always end like this. that's the only thing I get to say.

it means you are also HIV positive.

when you meet anyone irrespective of age or whatever and they person is talking about marriage. "take cover". I repeat "take cover".

one need a genuine friend and not marriage. marriage is nothing and can never be replace with a good friend.

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by austine4real(m): 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
sad angry

U felt betrayed

U need sanity first

Forget about her for now
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by tobechi74: 3:30am On Oct 01, 2020
Una try
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by Petyr1: 10:17am On Oct 01, 2020
you even tried by keeping this secret for long. Abeg expose everything, there is nothing you are keeping again
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by Ishilove: 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2020
fineboynl:
a product of desperation marriage from either or both side. desperatoon marriage fire by forced always end like this. that's the only thing I get to say.

when you meet anyone irrespective of age or whatever and they person is talking about marriage. "take cover". I repeat "take cover".

one need a genuine friend and not marriage. marriage is nothing and can never be replace with a good friend.
How old are you?

Don't bother to answer. It is self evident.
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by fineboynl(m): 6:46am On Oct 02, 2020
Ishilove:

How old are you?

Don't bother to answer. It is self evident.
old enough to be your sugar daddy.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by Sunmars: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2020
fineboynl:

I rarely respond but I will respond to you. Like ishilove mentioned, you might actually be a young person who is yet to experience marital connection and issues

I am not positive. Try and read up what is called discordant couple. It will really clear your understanding
Cheers!
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by Sunmars: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
psylliumhusk1:
Your wife is acting like you did something terrible to her and she has been keeping the grudge and just acting on it now.
She is acting like she knows you don't have her back and is looking out only for herself.
Do you verbally abuse or threaten with her health status. Have you ever threatened her with leaving ??
That might have seen like a plausible reason but as someone who studied a medically affiliated course, I know it is wrong to taunt people with their medical condition and I am well aware of the confidentiality clause that exists in the medical practice
It takes a matured mind to behave this way.
Btw, I am not saying I'm saint as a human, I have always asked her to tell me my fault or shortcoming but all she can ever say is my mom's interference ( which is obviously false) and not taking care of the family, which is another lie because I have account statements of all the transfers done to her.
BTW, I am taking that to her family house after I have settled down in my new place.
Thank you for your time
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by TheCork(m): 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2020
TiffanyJ:
My brother, I'm sorry to say that after reading your two stories, I've come to the conclusion that your wife doesn't want you to progress in life. I see no reason why she has 1.8 million in her account and she watched you suffer to take care of her and the son you both have.
I was in primary 4 when something happened in my neighbourhood. A neighbour's wife was ill and they needed like 40k for surgery. This man ran helter skelter looking for money to pay his wife's hospital bills. He could only come up with 25k. (Mind you, at that time, 20k na money, not now when 20k can't even feed you for 3 weeks). Long story short, this woman finally died. As she was being bathed and readied for her final destination, 50k was discovered in a small bag tied around her waist.
My brother, that story was the talk in town at that time. People are sha, wicked!

Well done. So decribe yor body shape & size & can i chop kiss? cheesy
Re: I Need To Tell Them This Secret. by Modupetemmy1(f): 8:14am On Nov 22, 2020
pls don't expose her medical condition as you guys might later settle your differences
if you need to leave for now to gain your sanity that's fine but pls do not expose her health statues, it will strain your relationship with both families for life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Depressed And Thinking Of Ending It All. / Husband: A Major Source Of Family Problems / Spouses Gone Wild!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.