Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice (1091 Views)

My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! / My 85-Year-Old Dad Is Cheating On My Mom / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 9:51am On Sep 29, 2020
Good day Everyone. I'll be very brief
I lost my Dad yesterday and it was a very shocking news.... Pls what are your advice and what should I be expecting from his family, Note this....am the only son but I have two sisters
I don't know my Dad's lawyer n the Rest

Pls kindly advise me on what to do

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Nbotee(m): 10:05am On Sep 29, 2020
Sorry for ur loss... It's one of the hardest things dat can happen to anyone especially wen he's d breadwinner.. Hope U dont mind me asking the following
1. How old are U?
2. Is he the breadwinner of the family
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by bayooz(m): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2020
Accept my condolences.
Be courageous to move on with life.
Be patient. Mourn the dead man and let few weeks roll by before you are bothered by anything.
At this period, be observant. Someone or some people may approach you to give you some pieces of information.
If you have access to his personal effects, some documents may be revealing concealed information about the late man.
If you know of any close friend, you may eventually approach such if nobody come to you in the next 21 days.
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 10:08am On Sep 29, 2020
Nbotee:
Sorry for ur loss... It's one of the hardest things dat can happen to anyone especially wen he's d breadwinner.. Hope U dont mind me asking the following
1. How old are U?
2. Is he the breadwinner of the family
He is the breadwinner
am in my mid twenties
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Nbotee(m): 10:22am On Sep 29, 2020
Victorious12:

He is the breadwinner
am in my mid twenties

Ok.. U are now the man of d house whether U like it or not... Have U notified his brothers and other relations becos U'll need to do dat. The major issue for U now would b to find a way to convey his corpse to the village if he died in the city to make things easy on U. Like d poster above has mentioned, They only pressing issue for U now is to make arrangements for his burial..
A whole lot is going to come up dis period. Financing the burial, securing wateva documents U can lay ur hands on and being careful and very observant with his brothers and relations. Na dis period U go know who U can trust

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by frozen70(f): 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
Victorious12:
Good day Everyone. I'll be very brief
I lost my Dad yesterday and it was a very shocking news.... Pls what are your advice and what should I be expecting from his family, Note this....am the only son but I have two sisters
I don't know my Dad's lawyer n the Rest

Pls kindly advise me on what to do

May his soul rest in peace

You are the one to brief his family and your mother should have been there through out the years of marriage

Your family will inform you the traditional rites if any and how f you don't have the money tell them and they will give you options or sort it got you

And if they do, you must humble yourself all through your life else a day will come that they will remind you how they buried your late father if you misbehave to t by them

Be close to mum and both of you with your sisters will be stronger

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by thorpido(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sorry for your loss.What of your mom?
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nbotee:

Ok.. U are now the man of d house whether U like it or not... Have U notified his brothers and other relations becos U'll need to do dat. The major issue for U now would b to find a way to convey his corpse to the village if he died in the city to make things easy on U. Like d poster above has mentioned, They only pressing issue for U now is to make arrangements for his burial..
A whole lot is going to come up dis period. Financing the burial, securing wateva documents U can lay ur hands on and being careful and very observant with his brothers and relations. Na dis period U go know who U can trust
He was buried today.... although he died in his hometown...
but
The family is insisting that two people join my mum in following her home...I objected but my frd told me that that's how Yoruba customs are......I don't want any one asking of any property....am not following them home because of my exams and I already missed some thou....A driver will be coming on Saturday to pick my mom
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
thorpido:
Sorry for your loss.What of your mom?
She is okay
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by fineboynl(m): 6:27am On Sep 30, 2020
Yoruba Muslim I guess. the burial is much easier.. you have nothing to worry. if you father is not that rich no one will be asking for property.
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 7:53am On Sep 30, 2020
fineboynl:
Yoruba Muslim I guess. the burial is much easier.. you have nothing to worry. if you father is not that rich no one will be asking for property.
How abt the fact that some people are following her home
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by thorpido(m): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2020
Victorious12:

She is okay
Your mom will be your confidant now.She should know much about your dad's properties and investments.

Yes,some people should follow your mom home as you mentioned.Your other siblings and some close cousins or aunt's can do that.
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2020
thorpido:
Your mom will be your confidant now.She should know much about your dad's properties and investments.

Yes,some people should follow your mom home as you mentioned.Your other siblings and some close cousins or aunt's can do that.
Yes...She Knows all abt that.....M not following them home when they are going because of exams and No one should ask of any property.....That's what will spike me.....That's what m just been cautious about......
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 8:56am On Sep 30, 2020
Victorious12:

Yes...She Knows all abt that.....M not following them home when they are going because of exams and No one should ask of any property.....That's what will spike me.....That's what m just been cautious about......
I don't know anything about my Dad's jobs and his tools and so on....m just confused and don't know where to start from.... Should I sell his tools or keep it.....My Dad also have a Car..Big daddy....I didn't know how to drive so the car will be parked until December when I go back home
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by fineboynl(m): 8:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Victorious12:

How abt the fact that some people are following her home
do your father own the house? if says is the house big. the fact he has children and responsibility no one would drag them with you.
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 10:30am On Sep 30, 2020
fineboynl:
do your father own the house? if says is the house big. the fact he has children and responsibility no one would drag them with you.
2 bedroom and one bed room.....I don't know his lawyer....How do I get in touch with him for the Will
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by fineboynl(m): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2020
Victorious12:
2 bedroom and one bed room.....I don't know his lawyer....How do I get in touch with him for the Will
check his room and scattered everywhere. you may see the documents. he might not have a lawyer. but first check the whole house for the documents. you mother might knows where they are. 80% of Nigerian average man don't have a will. only that is their documents might contain a next of kin.
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
fineboynl:
check his room and scattered everywhere. you may see the documents. he might not have a lawyer. but first check the whole house for the documents. you mother might knows where they are. 80% of Nigerian average man don't have a will. only that is their documents might contain a next of kin.
a frd of mine told me about that.....But My Dad put my name and that of my Mom's name is his will or documents......How abt the Car....How do I do change of ownership......
How abt his Bank Account....how do we claim the money
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Swissheart(f): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
Oga, take it easy and stop stressing over what isn't aiming at you. You have a mother who should see to it that her kids are not cheated. You are single handedly contemplating selling your family car simply because your dad died. Take it easy abeg.

This one you are doing as if you are glad your father died

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by fineboynl(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
Victorious12:

a frd of mine told me about that.....But My Dad put my name and that of my Mom's name is his will or documents......How abt the Car....How do I do change of ownership......
How abt his Bank Account....how do we claim the money
that means he entrusted it to your mother and you. and as it stands it will be in your mother care abs not you. which is to be use for all on you. in the absence of your mother that is when it should be for you. while your dad include you and you mother is that in case your mother remarry, or using it for personal or other use outside of you .

your sisters those once will marry in case they do not, they have no where to go and the house will be theirs too.
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2020
fineboynl:
that means he entrusted it to your mother and you. and as it stands it will be in your mother care not you to be use for all on you. in the absence of you mother that is when it should be for you. while your dad include you and you mother is that in case your mother remarry, or using it for person or other use outside of you .
You haven't answered my other questions
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by slan87(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
According to everything you wrote, you seems to desperate about the property. pls keep calm,

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
slan87:
According to everything you wrote, you seems to desperate about the property. pls keep calm,
My Dad's family doesn't care about us..
If you where there you would understand what am talking about
There are already asking my Mom abt properties....it's not a funny matter...
I just want My family to survive this phase without any more loss
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by englois: 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
If your mum is capable of standing up for the family, leave it to her. Just be there to support and advise her. Be very careful so you don't draw unnecessary enemies for yourself. Yoruba will say that: ogbon la fin gbaye.
Re: My Dad Is Late....pls I Need Advice by Victorious12: 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
englois:
If your mum is capable of standing up for the family, leave it to her. Just be there to support and advise her. Be very careful so you don't draw unnecessary enemies for yourself. Yoruba will say that: ogbon la fin gbaye.
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

I have the skills / Incest: Matured Men And Women, Please How Would You Deal With This? / I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.