Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? (1785 Views)

Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! / Woman Breaks Eggs At Beach, Curses Emma For Taking Advantage Of Her (Video) / What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
i am the type of person that goes the extra-mile just to make people happy.I go out of my way to get things done for others.imagine doing something that ain't my job or my responsibility but because i was trying to help,you start seeing it as something normal and even demand i do these things for you.But when i refuse such demand,you start seeing me as a bad person.like seriously!people's sense of entitlement is out of this world.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
introvert2:
i am the type of person that goes the extra-mile just to you stop doing those things,they start to see you amake people happy.I go out of my way to get things done for others.imagine doing something that ain't my job or my responsibility but because i was trying to help,you start seeing it as something normal and even demand i do these things for you.But when i refuse such demand,you start seeing me as a bad person.like seriously!people's sense of entitlement is out of this world.
That's life for you my Brother, don't make them discourage you
Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by 4teenblaq: 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
I am a nice person and rude when you take me for granted..
because of that, people see me as green snake in a green snake .
(in Eminem's voice) "but I don't give a Bleep".

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Mood11: 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
If I mention my experiences so far, my kind and harmless gestures have put me in more harm than good..

Which one will I even mention, Is it the people I housed that turned against me?
Or the person I lent money that blocked me?
Or one guy who sidelined and even spoiled my name after I gave him my clients?

Abegi, if you want do good just go ahead.. Just apply sense while at it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by thorpido(m): 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
Keep doing good but with wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by tommy589(m): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Mood11:
If I mention my experiences so far, my kind and harmless gestures have put me in more harm than good..

Which one will I even mention, Is it the people I housed that turned against me?
Or the person I lent money that blocked me?
Or one guy who sidelined and even spoiled my name after I gave him my clients?

Abegi, if you want do good just go ahead.. Just apply sense while at it.

I have started applying sense too after attaining the golden age.

I just feel good doing good

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Vyzz: 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
grin
Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Toma2: 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
introvert2:
i am the type of person that goes the extra-mile just to make people happy.I go out of my way to get things done for others.imagine doing something that ain't my job or my responsibility but because i was trying to help,you start seeing it as something normal and even demand i do these things for you.But when i refuse such demand,you start seeing me as a bad person.like seriously!people's sense of entitlement is out of this world.
You be like me sad
Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by JIMMY1393: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
introvert2:

Jesus I thought I was the only one like this, the amount of extra miles I've gone for some people sef without them even appreciating it was just wow....and just like you once you start taking my kindness fro granted I turn to the instant opposite of what I am

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Gabe427: 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
I hate it when people call me a fool for being nice or kind

then I start feeling like a follow when the person I'm helping abuses my hand

no I just live for myself by myself
Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
Gabe427:
I hate it when people call me a fool for being nice or kind

then I start feeling like a follow when the person I'm helping abuses my hand

no I just live for myself by myself
. exactly,they tend to think i am a fool just because i ambeing nice.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
JIMMY1393:

Jesus I thought I was the only one like this, the amount of extra miles I've gone for some people sef without them even appreciating it was just wow....and just like you once you start taking my kindness fro granted I turn to the instant opposite of what I am
. i have also noticed that those who take you for granted can't do the same for you.They feel they are wise and i am foolish.seriously,it's really unfair.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
JIMMY1393:

. The time,the energy.i can relate with that.
Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by merieam16(f): 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2020
My own is dont start wat u cant finish.
In dis part of the world, wen u help out and at some point u couldnt continue with it, dey will immediately tag u a proud nd a bad person dat u' ve been pretending all dis while

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
Welcome to the world. cheesy

Start doing for yourself those things you do for people, you sef na pesin too.

I've recently realized that everyone has needs including myself so these days I try to take care of my needs first. Na pesin pikin I be too, I no come from tree biko. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by JIMMY1393: 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
introvert2:
. i have also noticed that those who take you for granted can't do the same for you.They feel they are wise and i am foolish.seriously,it's really unfair.

I think you meant those you go the extra mile for and not those you take for granted but I understand and yes exactly if the shoes were flipped and I was the one that needed their help its one story or the other that ill start hearing, these days I only show such kindness to people who reciprocate

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by jesmond3945: 1:01am On Sep 30, 2020
Op it is the demon of self entitlement.
Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by prince2pac(m): 1:07am On Sep 30, 2020
cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by BigDick70inch(m): 4:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Well..
From what u typed now..
Seems..u helped a girl out and she took u for granted..
Guys hardly do that..

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by anthonyuncle(m): 6:23am On Sep 30, 2020
BigDick70inch:
Well.. From what u typed now.. Seems..u helped a girl out and she took u for granted.. Guys hardly do that..
what made u think it involves a girl?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by jkuvira: 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
if there's one of the few things I've gleaned from my relationships with people, its that we cannot always be on the right side of history -from their perspective , at the very time one refused to do their bidding or refuse a request , and then all of a sudden a proud tag is attached to you.
set limits , set boundaries as to what you can tolerate.
and if they can't seem to accept this boundary, leave them be. whenever they're done being angry,they'll stop being angry.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by jkuvira: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
[/b]
introvert2:

No crime to be a good boy, no should we pick who we can be good to. in all generalities , one should try to be good to all. And if someone starts to take advantage of your good nature, withdraw it. whatever their reaction may be, withdraw it. It shows that you know what you are doing by being indulging and that they should not think that they are wiser or smarter.
If they badmouth, it does and doesn't matter cause while one might be pained at how your refusal made such words out of their mouth, the fact that not all of those whom listens to their stories will go with them. so no wahala.

People should learn to take no for an answer and stop feeling entitled

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by virginprincess(f): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
That human beings for you, but there are still people that apperciate.
Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Acidosis(m): 3:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
People take advantage of people (not necessarily nice people). You don't have to be nice to be cheated or disrespected.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by englois: 4:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
Sometimes, I mean sometimes, I don't start what I can't finish to prevent unnecessary disagreement. For example, there is this woman beside my shop, she's an older woman. When she packed into the shop, whenever she approaches the shop in the morning, I'll run towards her and collect her bag. This went on for a while until one day. Rain was drizzling lightly and she was coming. Because of this rain, I didn't go to collect her bag. I greeted her but if you see the way she responded and the look of disdain in her eyes, I felt bad. Since then, I evaluate whatever I want to do very well to prevent wahala.
My advice, stop being a people pleaser. Do whatever is convenient for you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2020
I wish I knew. *Shrugs*.
Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Motirayo2018(f): 10:17pm On Oct 15, 2020
englois:
Sometimes, I mean sometimes, I don't start what I can't finish to prevent unnecessary disagreement. For example, there is this woman beside my shop, she's an older woman. When she packed into the shop, whenever she approaches the shop in the morning, I'll run towards her and collect her bag. This went on for a while until one day. Rain was drizzling lightly and she wastoing. Because of this rain, I didn't go to collect her bag. I greeted her but if you see the way she responded and the look of disdain in her eyes, I felt bad. Since then, I evaluate whatever I want to do very well to prevent wahala.
My advice, stop being a people pleaser. Do whatever is convenient for you

I also have neighbor, I help to pack her cloth everyday when she is not home

My shop is close to our house.

On Tuesday it was raining I was busy in the shop so I can't help her to pack her cloth.
When she come back home she was like I did not allow my daughter to help her to pack her cloth. I was very annoyed because I have always help her without her asking me to.
I just kept quiet, she told my daughter the following day that she will be taking her cloth to her shop to dry.
Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:44pm On Oct 15, 2020
introvert2:

That is the Proof of how man is Wicked and when the Bible tells them that they are, they do not believe it, yet, they think that they qualified to enter the kingdom of God.

We'll, keep doing that which is good for as the Lord has Said "the rain falls on both the good and the evil".

And as you do unto others, so shall it be done unto you.
Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Mryacks: 8:08am On Oct 16, 2020
introvert2:

Apply wisdom in doing good...but don't ever allow anyone turn you into a monster by how they treat you for being good. Just know that the most important person...GOD...sees your heart and will reward you accordingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Jozzy4: 9:01am On Oct 16, 2020
Motirayo2018:

I also have neighbor, I help to pack her cloth everyday when she is not home

My shop is close to our house.

On Tuesday it was raining I was busy in the shop so I can't help her to pack her cloth.
When she come back home she was like I did not allow my daughter to help her to pack her cloth. I was very annoyed because I have always help her without her asking me to.
I just kept quiet, she told my daughter the following day that she will be taking her cloth to her shop to dry.

Human beings kai
Re: Why Do People Take Advantage Of Nice People? by Jozzy4: 9:02am On Oct 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

That is the Proof of how man is Wicked and when the Bible tells them that they are, they do not believe it, yet, they think that they qualified to enter the kingdom of God.

We'll, keep doing that which is good for as the Lord has Said "the rain falls on both the good and the evil".

And as you do unto others, so shall it be done unto you.

Correct

(1) (Reply)

. / Agony Of A Faithfull Wife / Original Designer Bags For Sale With Guarantee.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.