Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me (49511 Views)

I Just Had My 4th Child At 26 / My Husband Flogs Me / Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by stanliwise(m): 12:06am On Sep 30, 2020
Greatfullheart:
Mehn similar thing with me oh. @24 i get spanked and beaten and i dont dare go out of the house not to even talk going to see a friend, my school are afraid to come and visit me at home cause my ex soldier father and my mother are strict they think all the people in my area are spoilt. I went to higher institution(auchi poly) in 2016 oh boy dem wan kill me wit carryover. Now am a dropout and my parent vowed neva 2 waist their money sendin me 2 school that i should go and learn work, am the last born of 8, 7 of my siblings who are graduate.
The pressure of your 7 sibling will remain a constant pressure for you. Meanwhile you need to figure out your own way. The future is bright for those that believe in it.

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Unclefemolala(m): 12:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

you are Speaking English..
When you Become a father you will understand better the Importance of Discipline..

Discipline my foot...at age 26...i said it u are a sham..and its the cheap likes u get that is making u happy

5 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by stanliwise(m): 12:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Acidosis:

If any of my cousins come to live with me, I would never allow him or her stay out as late as 10 or 11pm to watch any match. Period.

They can do such in their parents home, not mine. Your home, your principle.
Yes but there is a limit to what you want people to do. You can only state the rule and the consequences. But you can’t always control people.

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Joshmanuel10(m): 12:11am On Sep 30, 2020
situationreport:
Please is there anyone else experiencing what I'm passing through now, because it's making me sad and depressed I can't believe my dad still whips me at my age.. I don't want to confront him because, he's still my father even though I feel gutted for his actions

Yesterday I went to watch liverpool vs Arsenal match in a viewing center, and came back late at night by 9:55 pm, As soon as I came in, he was still awake in the parlor, what he did next was to use the cain he hid to start whipping me...i think is because I'm still living with him, at my age with no meaningful contribution right now, that's why

I have no where to go to, It seems I'm now a burden to them in our house...because I 'm currently jobless now and unemployed for six months now, due to this pandemic... I was initially working in the hospitality industry as a waiter, but was laid off at the beginning of the covid-19 pandemic, ever since then things have gone from bad to worse for me..... I'm broke to hell at the moment

I'm seriously depressed, I just wish I could relocate far away and look for something else to do, and fix my life back, but no where to go, I don't have anyone to help... � May God forgive me if I can't bear this anymore....

Had something similar to this
I'm 19yrs
Went out last week to visit some friends when I got home my dad said I couldn't go out that am not meant to go out, I told him its not possible and she said I should pack my load, I'm still in his house and we don't talk to each other or greet each other
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by stanliwise(m): 12:12am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

The Father is Absolutely Right to Discipline his Son.
The son is a 26-year-old. You need to understand when to use the right approach for things. It is misplace priority for a man to think of a Cane as form of discipline for a 26 years old son. Then he has failed somewhat as a father.

3 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by hstar: 12:13am On Sep 30, 2020
puremaker7:
same thing my dad was doing when I was 25, I made him stop it in hard way, I changed it for him on that good night.
on that certain night, it was around 10:15 pm, I was coming from my babe, so my dad thought it was a business as usual, I collected the cane from him and destroyed it at the front of everybody in the house, then I issued a treat to him, never to try to flog me again, baba was scared like mad, though I tendered my appology to him the following morning for raising my voice at him.
grin grin bless you
We plenty for this matter
I just shouted and rebuked but didn't do anything for the fear of my unborn children not to do the same thing to me,

God bless you guy.
Sometimes one just need to display a little bit of madness to settle some matters and at the end of the day, u just tender ur apology to normalize everything.

And behold, the nonsense would stop

3 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Unclefemolala(m): 12:13am On Sep 30, 2020
Lawsaite:

You lost all my respect today.
If you are a good father, then you'd know that they are other ways to discipline than constantly using a whip, worse still on someone who has come of a reasonable age.
I was a victim and let me tell you, you certainly have no idea what it feels like.

To me if you're constantly whipping your child like an animal, it tells a lot about the upbringing you gave the child.
I know and have seen responsible parents, with stellar children.

He is just a religious bigot...how is he different from those who force and kill people to accept their views....beating a 26 yr old..i thought he said he was a pastor..what happened to correcting in love...he is such a fake ass dude and we can see him for who he is..an extremist bigot

3 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Righteousness89(m): 12:14am On Sep 30, 2020
Timiblanko:

. After that lovely mother has corrected you sir I expected you to check yourself at least let it go.... you disappointed me today sir.... Has a mentor to a lot of people here.. .

I will Dissappoint you more bro....
If my Summations Dissappoints u, that's Wonderful!!

We are not Here to Give u what you wanna Hear!
We are Here to Give you the Truth, irrespective of your Appointment or Disappointment..

We don't stand with the Crowd!
We Stand for Truth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by JIMMY1393: 12:14am On Sep 30, 2020
Organs:

Keep quiet, why is the dad not providing TV and subscription in the house? Nonsense. It is not people with your mindset he needs advice from. You yourself need a 20 year old to advise you so please keep quiet when men are talking.

op never said the reason for his going out to watch the game...maybe its subscription, maybe its to watch and hangout with friends, maybe its that there's only 1 tv in the house and the father would rather watch something else
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by stanliwise(m): 12:14am On Sep 30, 2020
hstar:

grin grin bless you
We plenty for this matter
I just shouted and rebuked but didn't do anything for the fear of my unborn children not to do the same thing to me,

God bless you guy.
Sometimes one just need to display a little bit of madness to settle some matters and at the end of the day, u just tender ur apology to normalize everything.

And behold, the nonsense would stop
When freedom is not given then you have to take it somehow except it will never be yours.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Joshmanuel10(m): 12:15am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

I will Dissappoint you more bro..
Y
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by stanliwise(m): 12:16am On Sep 30, 2020
Timiblanko:

. After that lovely mother has corrected you sir I expected you to check yourself at least let it go.... you disappointed me today sir.... Has a mentor to a lot of people here.. .

I don’t understand how you even picked him as a mentor to begin with. He is very dogmatic for my liking.

3 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by JIMMY1393: 12:16am On Sep 30, 2020
holyghost:
Ordinarily I won't comment on this issue but because many may have similar issues so I'll do some justice.

1 at your age you are way above such treatment unless your father did not do his job well in raising up properly. To punish or beat a stubborn child starts and end from 4years to 12years at worst 14years. Because by that age a normal and even a stubborn child must have understood life value and acceptable social balance (like not picking fights easily, pocket lifting stealing low life lies chasing after girls for sex, smoking, and folding or submitting to ego and peer measures of pressures like smoking, cultism, gang membership.
2. You failed to display maturity and self discipline in your manner and behaviour.

3. You are still a child in his eyes because you don't sit and discuss real issue like a man that you have become. But do have such time with your mom and get free food like a child that you still are.
What made you go watch match in viewing center? When you have so much to think about. If you work hard enough and with little luck you can achieve a viewing center your self. That should be your mentality at this age. "How do I own my business"

4. Go out to look for menial jobs, like laundry, labourer, Hawking small wares like fruits, stockings or whatever that sales fast in your state towns.

These are just small ways to stay active and earn pocket money while you hunt for a better Job or save enough to learn a proper skill or build a small business, like hair cut shop, small electrical shop even on wheel barrow or push-truck, all this you can start with as littles as 75k. And make like 1,500 to 2500 a day depending on your entrepreneurial skill and luck.
No one will lower you, unless you lower yourself when you have nothing to offer. So when you make your money be humble and know your limits and place in the society then demand your respect in like manner.

Go the right pastors for prayers and be prayerful yourself then face life like a man.
Like Joseph, Jacob, David, Solomon, they ware nobody but prayer and self discipline got them to the top. The same God, the same world, the same land, the same sun and moon nothing has changed God still do it for you and anyone with prayerful soul and self determined to grow and achieve.

Work, work, work, work hard for it! In fact work harder for it. Only when you have respect will you understand the value of been independent as the captain of your (ship/life).
God help you. Wake up early your morning start now!

14yrs ke...are we in the same country from what ive seen beating of kids usually ends around 16/17/18...or to put better from ss1
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Timiblanko(m): 12:18am On Sep 30, 2020
Chidorx60:
I had to check your profile to be sure if this is the real Righteousness89 and honestly I was shocked by the way you replied this people....sir although I agree partially with your views I still feel you went too far in the way you conveyed your opinion ...the way you bantered words and even canceled the post of those that did not agree with yours seemed alien from what I will expect the Online preacher to do....sir you are an inspiration to many of us who gave up preaching on Nairailand due to oppositions and I believe you should strive to Maintain that image....I respect you alot sir...and I know you too are human and can get pissed off too...but please don't lead your emotions get the best of you...keep paying the sacrifice of patience as you reach out to souls on social media ....God bless you.

Thanks you very much ma....

More grace
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by HBB1(m): 12:18am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your Father is your Father! He can correct as he wants !
My GrandFather Dealt with his sons who Where Married..
More so when you are still under his Roof!

This sounds like insanity?

Did you read what you typed again?

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Iceberg3: 12:18am On Sep 30, 2020
At that age,even below,I was already out of the home hustling at Shitta Masha Lawanson Ojuelegba pako aguda surulere.

I used to be a poster boy for hints magazine at ojodu.
You gotta be a man and move out.

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Timiblanko(m): 12:20am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

If my Summations Dissappoint that's Wonderful!!

We are Here to Give you the Truth, irrespective of your Appointment or Disappointment..

I wouldn't like to argue with you sir....

Just read this patiently and please don't disappoint me sir...

Chidorx60:
I had to check your profile to be sure if this is the real Righteousness89 and honestly I was shocked by the way you replied this people....sir although I agree partially with your views I still feel you went too far in the way you conveyed your opinion ...the way you bantered words and even canceled the post of those that did not agree with yours seemed alien from what I will expect the Online preacher to do....sir you are an inspiration to many of us who gave up preaching on Nairailand due to oppositions and I believe you should strive to Maintain that image....I respect you alot sir...and I know you too are human and can get pissed off too...but please don't lead your emotions get the best of you...keep paying the sacrifice of patience as you reach out to souls on social media ....God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Unclefemolala(m): 12:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Uniquewise:

Unfortunately, this has shown you to be an intemperate person. It's one thing to preach publicly, (which I support), but another to have a Christ-like character which is even more beneficial to yourself as well as the Body of Christ.

Sad to observe you've just demonstrated the ill-mannerism of some irresponsible Nairalanders that go about cancelling the posts of people with divergent views from theirs.

My dear, you have a very long way to go character-wise.

Goodnight.

I always knew the guy was an hypocrite...lol...bcoz he pastes shiii doesn't mean he does it...he is just like d normal pastorpreneurs out there and the cheap likes he gets keeps him going..imagine his real character..so temperamental and offensive

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by JIMMY1393: 12:21am On Sep 30, 2020
AtoningBlood:

Don't judge this or something similar because your grand parents did it that way.

Even the God said in His Word ' come let us reason together.....'

My Dad beats me at 26, yes after my service year and waiting to get a job, I went for an offer I wasn't supposed to accept all because I told my self 'it is enough'. Left to another state where I had to live with a stranger before saving to get a place of my own. I later got a better job n left to a better place. All through my single time working I dare not go home cos I know the messages he was passing on phone would translate to beatings if I dare visit him. I hastingly got married to have a cover. And guess what, one thing lead to another this year, I visited my family house with my kids, and my Dad almost beat me again!!!!!

Stop there I had to shout, that if he try to heat me I will sue him, he knows i meant it and he stopped. That's an abuse, my dad will leave a mark on you when he beats you, this is a married woman, can he try it if my husband is there with him? How will my husband feel? and I was shouldering a responsibility and taking care of a sick relation, if he had touched me I would have fainted cos I was weak.

Under no guise should a child or an adult be abused, I have had the experience and I know what it means. Only God saw me through it, I was verbally, emotionally and physically abused, this almost destroyed social life, in the name of Church, Bible children are being abused daily even in the so called Christian homes, they have taken the responsibility from God. Spend time beating than praying for the children. Train your children with respect, they will certainly respect and regard you and your wishes.

If I hadn't shouted and he beats me, my husband will hear it, certainly, he will never regard him for life, in addition, the little children around will never regard me again. Tell me what that will bring to me in the long run?

My elder sister was beaten and disgraced at age 31, she became timid and hateful. Malicious and lived like an outcast. Look here, she is a Christian, she'd pray to forget but for years, she was bitter and kept malice with all my family members except me cos I wasn't there when it happened.

Stop judging a case like this with 'my grandma or grandpa did it this way, they were wrong.

I once forcee my son to brush his teeth and in the process, his tooth got removed, I laughed at him and the next time I picked up his toothbrush, I heard a voice rebuking me for hurting the boy and never saying sorry. Wow, I looked up and said am sorry, then hugged the boy and apologised to him with a promise not to force him again, till date, I don't force him, he do it by himself.

Parents should rather allow God to take charge than being abusive. Am not saying we shouldn't correct where necessary, never, we as children of God knows what He did to Eli. But beating and leaving marks on our bodies? That negatives God's Word, our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost now. Why beat till blood gush out, can that blood be replaced by us?

We should rather keep quiet on some things like this, or advise the party to pray and be settled on time.

If you train your children like your grandparents did, be sure to be a failure like they did, still flugging their married sons.

1st of all sorry for what you and your sister had to go through and good job apologizing to your son, very few are like you....righteousness89 now this is someone with brain cells unlike you

5 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by JIMMY1393: 12:22am On Sep 30, 2020
midehill:

Bleep you

mumu supporting anohter mumu
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Unclefemolala(m): 12:23am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

If my Summations Dissappoints u, that's Wonderful!!

We don't stand with the Crowd!
We Stand for Truth!

Lol
Truth...did jesus condemn or correct in love...and u people insult other religions who beats and kills..u are no different but i am not surprised bcoz u are human like i am..but never for once think u are better than us bcox u obviously arent..even an atheist won't react like this

3 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Clasmanj(m): 12:26am On Sep 30, 2020
My Brother do Your Dad's biddings,
Seek His permission if You are to stay late,
Flogging you is not showing He hates You but to checkmate You
He is Your Dad respect Him by staying away from what He dislikes, at 26 You supposed to know Your Dad's rules and obey them, it's for Your betterment.
Don't fight Your Dad and do take care of your Dad and Yourself.
Your Dad loves You.

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by dogmart(m): 12:26am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's a Crime for Your Father to Discipline you because your 26 yrs?

I am highly disappointed lipsrsealed. Sincerely! Didn't want to say it, but I guess it's best you know!

Work on yourself this is poor reasoning, most especially since it is coming from you.

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by midehill(m): 12:27am On Sep 30, 2020
JIMMY1393:

mumu supporting anohter mumu

Motherfucker
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Saynotoapc(m): 12:28am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

you are Speaking English..
When you Become a father you will understand better the Importance of Discipline..

Please stick to preaching

We love it when you preach

5 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by dogmart(m): 12:31am On Sep 30, 2020
Iceberg3:
At that age,even below,I was already out of the home hustling at Shitta Masha Lawanson Ojuelegba pako aguda surulere.

I used to be a poster boy for hints magazine at ojodu.
You gotta be a man and move out.

That is the unfortunate truth. You have to move out. It isn't going to be easy, but you have to.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by JIMMY1393: 12:31am On Sep 30, 2020
Organs:
In all of this, i have a question? There is this guy Righteousness89, that has a very stupid immature opinion and position and i can see some folks respecting the mumu guy and not coming out outrightly to call him out on his Buhari + Jonathan brain. Pls who is he for God's sake? is he a Mod or something?

Just like you i was confused who he was when I returned back to nairaland after so many yrs some months ago, turns out he's a Christian preacher that's jobless and always on the 1st page of all front page topics, it wasn't until today I didn't know he didn't have sense ....he's supporting the father caning his 26yr son
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by hstar: 12:32am On Sep 30, 2020
Humanoid01:

The problem isn't the discipline, the problem is the method used. You only flog a child because counselling them is almost always futile. When you flog a child, it leaves a trace of caution in them, even though it doesn't always last. Cane is the language most stubborn children understand.

For an adult [26 years old in this case] who should know the difference between right and wrong, there are mature ways to discipline them, especially when you are still responsible for them. Flogging them only depicts that you do not value them, and that's harsh and utterly disrespectful. There are ways to discipline an adult, and flogging is most certainly not ideal sir.
Good
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 30, 2020
Kriss216:
You’re a good writer.

How you managed to skip your gender all through the post is orgasmic.
You're a poor reader how you didn't manage to observe that the op is guy still baffles me

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by obowunmi(m): 12:33am On Sep 30, 2020
situationreport:
Please is there anyone else experiencing what I'm passing through now, because it's making me sad and depressed I can't believe my dad still whips me at my age.. I don't want to confront him because, he's still my father even though I feel gutted for his actions

Yesterday I went to watch liverpool vs Arsenal match in a viewing center, and came back late at night by 9:55 pm, As soon as I came in, he was still awake in the parlor, what he did next was to use the cain he hid to start whipping me...i think is because I'm still living with him, at my age with no meaningful contribution right now, that's why

I have no where to go to, It seems I'm now a burden to them in our house...because I 'm currently jobless now and unemployed for six months now, due to this pandemic... I was initially working in the hospitality industry as a waiter, but was laid off at the beginning of the covid-19 pandemic, ever since then things have gone from bad to worse for me..... I'm broke to hell at the moment

I'm seriously depressed, I just wish I could relocate far away and look for something else to do, and fix my life back, but no where to go, I don't have anyone to help... � May God forgive me if I can't bear this anymore....

Your father is a MAD man.

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by JIMMY1393: 12:34am On Sep 30, 2020
NNU0000:
Is it your lie?

likewise is it you i quoted?
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Righteousness89(m): 12:35am On Sep 30, 2020
Timiblanko:

I wouldn't like to argue with you sir....

Just read this patiently and please don't disappoint me sir...

Chidorx60:
I had to check your profile to be sure if this is the real and honestly I was shocked by the way you replied this people....sir although I agree partially with your views I still feel you went too far in the way you conveyed your opinion ...the way you bantered words and even canceled the post of those that did not agree with yours seemed alien from what I will expect the Online preacher to do....sir you are an inspiration to many of us who gave up preaching on Nairailand due to oppositions and I believe you should strive to Maintain that image....I respect you alot sir...and I know you too are human and can get pissed off too...but please don't lead your emotions get the best of you...keep paying the sacrifice of patience as you reach out to souls on social media ....God bless you.
We had a long chat! If you have gone through our chats you won't pick on this..

Irrespective of Whatever you feel my Brother, your Appointment/ Dissappointment is Irrelevant!
The one Being I Strive not to Disappoint is My Father in Heaven..
By His Grace , I have not Disappointed him.
If I have, He will let me know or my Conscience will prick me..

God Bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Good Old Memories To Make You Smile (Throwback Pictures) / If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). / My Husband And I Just Found Out He Has An 18yr Old Daughter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.