Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,338 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Exposed Yahoo Boys In Ile - Ife And Environs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Exposed Yahoo Boys In Ile - Ife And Environs (5173 Views)

Recruitment By Polytechnic Ile Ife, Osun State / Interview Exposed-Some Of The Things You Need To Know Before & During Interview / Federal Polytechnic Ile-oluji, Ondo State Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposed Yahoo Boys In Ile - Ife And Environs by amebolive: 1:09am On Jun 23, 2007
Without prejudice

Warning to all unsuspecting eBayers about the "Nigerian scam":

If you received one of these or a similar emails, it is likely a scam do not post your item unless you have received a cleared funds in your account even some of their Money Orders clears and bounce back a week later.

Keep eBay safe and do not let a handful of people from Nigeria who gives their country a bad name to the rest of the world steal your money and ruin its reputation. eBay is making its best to eradicate them through all means but they keep popping out in different ways like worms. Always notify eBay if in doubt and forward the email request to spoof@ebay.com.au.

This scam is mastered by Nigerian only and they target Notebooks, Digital cameras, electronic gadgets and mobile phone sellers in particular. Information's below is to warn ebayers about this scam.

How it starts:

Usually they register an account then buy or request to buy your item and they want to pay for the purchase with Western Union money order or Postal Money Order or any other forms of payments, sometimes claiming they live in UK, Netherland, USA etc, or sometimes offering you double what the item is actually worth but always wants you to post the item to Nigeria to their son, spouse, pastor, shop or business,

Samples of Nigerian buyers emails::

Dear Seller,
I will like to purchase these Acer Travelmate P4 2.4GHz 512MB 40GB DVD/CDRW wireless (150048870123) for a friend oversea as a gift.He works with British America Tobacco there in West Africa Due to my workload, i might not be able to be checking my mails often.I want the item posted via AUSTRALIAN POST For to Him.hope the package will get to him in good condition , What is the present condition of this item and does it comes in it's original box?.I will be paying you for the item via Postal Order, so get back to me with your full name and address and your contact tell number where payment will be deliverd to.
MANY THANKS.

Hi There,
Thanks for the mail i have mail to inform you that i have only purchased this item for my Uncle son who based in abroad i will be responsible for the shipmnet of the item to him in Nigeria.All i want to know is the present condition of the laptop and also your last asking price including the courier fees once i have that the payment will be made to you via postalorder.I could have love to recieve the item my self but due to my work load, have not be able to recieve the item.So kindly get back to me with your full name and contact address of which the the payment will be deliver to.

Best Regards.

Hi,

Just wanna ask some few question regarding this machine.

1 Why are you selling this laptop.

2 What is the current condition of the laptop

3 What is your reserved prize i mean what your last selling prize

4 Do you ship oversea? If you do please let me know the shipping cost to Ibadan,
Nigeria by Australian Post Express Mail 2-4 Day's Delivery Service.

For further information reach me as soon as you can on +447040130622
Look forward for your swift reply also include your email address just for further informations

Dr. Ola

Hello seller
I am a business man based in London,am highly intrested in this item: Compaq EVO laptop slim design
Am sending it
to my warehouse in Ile-ife (23436),Nigeria. i will be responsible for
the shipping cost to that location .All you need to do is check
out the cost on www.ups.com or www.dhl.com or registered mail. i
will also need the following information to effect the payment of the item through HSBC online wire transfer:
NAME AND ADDRESS,
BANK NAME AND ADDRESS,
BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER,
BANK TRANSFER CODE,
Dear seller,once all this information is provided,i will inform my bank to effect thye transfer of the payment for the item into your account.This is the
shipping address.

Name:Atanda Oluwasegun

Address:SMLS,P M B 5538 OAUTHC

City: Ile-ife

State:Osun State

Zip code:23436

Hi there,
i am the buyer of your ebay item above.I like the item and will like to
purchase it for my spouse.In celebration of our Aniversary.Is the product
in the condition as described in the advert because am buying and sending it to my spouse in Nigeria.please get me the total shipping cost to the address below.

NAME:Babs Afolabi
ADDRESS: 11 IREMO RD, ENUWA
CITY:ILE IFE
STATE:OSUN STATE
POSTAL CODE:234036
WEST AFRICA

Am Alonso am citizen of netherland this my home
ADDRESS:Jasmijnstraat 12 7544 TG Enschede Holland. I will like to
buy your item for my son schooling in nigeria,his run a Information
Technology Programe at APTECH, he called me last two weeks that he
need a this item of yours and i want to buy the young boy one in asap, but
unfortunately am not in netherland presently,am in germany for a
business trip, i want your to ship the item to in this address below
NAME:Opaleye Idris
ADDRESS:Plot 5 alabebe layout monatan iwo road,

CITY:Ibadan
STATE:Oyo state
ZIP CODE:23402
Kindly send me your name and adress in full with your bank account
and the total price of the item with (tpg post)with insured, So that
i can contact moneygram or western union bidpay for your payment
immediately.am waiting for your reply immediately because my son need
the item in asap.
Yours sincere.
Alonso.

HELLO,

I would like to pay for this item via postal order,right now
i'am presently in malaysia, and i want to give it to my prophet as a
surprised birthday gift, so i will like to know if you can ship it to
nigeria,i dont mind paying any amount for the shipping cost,please if you
can do this for me i will be very grateful.if you accept, kindly send
your full name and address which am going to send the payment to. Here's
the shipping address.
Mr, felix mike
8 mabo street
Off ishaga road
avenue Sururlere
lagos Nigeria
and also i will like you to give me
the full quote of it including the shipping cost to lagos nigeria, and
also i will like you to give me your full neme and address so i can
made the paymant to you ASAP.
Please Reply As Soon As Possible.
Re: Exposed Yahoo Boys In Ile - Ife And Environs by odada(m): 4:23am On Jun 23, 2007
Re: Exposed Yahoo Boys In Ile - Ife And Environs by wole06(m): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2007
Good work guy, but pls lets talk 2 ourselves at home coz u might think u're exposing this guys but at d same time bringing dis nation down.Its a good thing u've done. but i think we start learning not 2 be washin our dirty linen outside. its not as if i'm in surpport of it, but this is a thing u're writtin on net about ur own pple, & wot make u think dis magas will trust u 2
Re: Exposed Yahoo Boys In Ile - Ife And Environs by 9ja4eva: 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2007
Good work.Na wa oh

(1) (Reply)

Best Job Opportunity (recruitment) / KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea / 2016 N-power Leadership Meet, Rejects Exit Package, Insist On Permanency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.