Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest (53900 Views)

Seun Anikulapo Kuti Warns People Over Fela... / Grammy: Burna Boy Shades Davido “E No Choke Again, E Hang” (Video) / I F*cked Yo Baby Mama & Played ‘fortnite’ With Yo Son” – Soulja Boy Shades Tyga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by khalidx: 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
Popular musician Burnaboy lost his chill after Omoyele Sowore called him to join the October 1st protest.

Sowore via his Twitter handle tweeted this:

Hello @burnaboy, everywhere I turn people describe you as a revolutionary musician, the foreign media even celebrate you compare you to Fela Kuti, but I am yet to see you lead anyone to a police station carrying a coffin for head of state! Join #Oct1stProtest #RevolutionNow

https://mobile.twitter.com/YeleSowore/status/1310926028886421505

Burna boy quickly responded with this:

Everybody is a Fela fan and supporter now that he is dead. Humans are so Funny, You politicians are ALL the same (especially in Nigeria) and Frankly I don’t trust none of you.@YeleSowore.

https://mobile.twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1311009689782702081

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Prechgold1180(m): 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sowore should shut is Bleep up

Nah so Dem like to they put person for trouble
Burna is busy chasing Grammy you want to make home lose focus

And you want government to put him in shackles and chain

Bleep sowore and the fool
Sowore is a fucking bitch ass politician looking for who to use all dose e rovolution now nah format

Meanwhile I finally made it

FTC on the last day of dame September
Mod pls do the needful

My account number is
Holdon lemme contact my bank agent

Please if you want to make it like me

Keep ur hopes high

Keep pushing keep hustling
One day u ll make FTC

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Tranquill: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
Yes Sowore doesn't know that we all know that he is a politician just like Buhari and Tinubu. He is pretending to be an activist or revolutionary or wetin again o...

282 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by samincredible44(m): 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
let just divide this country abeg. wahala too much,sowore wait make burna win Grammy first

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
Burna Boy is a coward abeg

239 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Luftwaffe(f): 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
Burna Boy also became a Fela fan AFTER he died. #Hypocrite

322 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ThreeEyedRaven: 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
Epic reply

Anyone shouting revolution is a liar with only personal interest at heart. The structure of this country makes it impossible to salvage, the diversity is not educated enough to coexist nor many ethnic groups ready to coexist. The high impunity and nepotism on the Northern Fulani isn't not what anyone can fix either. The only solution is disintegration. They started with not too young to rule now look at Senator Abbo and Gov Yahya Bello. Embarrassing our youths on a multiple streak. No politician in the Nigerian false contraption is to be trusted

The real cowards are the anti Biafrans. Nigeria will never be good. The system needs an entire dismantling which translates to disintegration then the real revolution would begin when the divided units competes for greatness in the global scene

I'm not Igbo but they seems to be the only people bold enough in this zoo of a country that wants to take control of their future unlike my Yorubas and other coward who prefer suffering and smiling. We must all take our destiny and future in our hands and dissolve this forced contraption. I no trust Sowore either he campaigned vigorously for Buhari in 2015 election now look at him.

Besk:

Idiot, you’re as Igbo as they come and you’re an incurable tribalist. Can you not make your narrow-minded tribalistic point without insulting other tribes? Maybe not.

Home training is a very scarce value nowadays.

Shame on you! The previous and recent DSS recruitment is tribalistic not me .. Buharis appointment is tribalistic not me ...the service chiefs and DG of high majority of the MDAs and other federal parastatals are tribalistic not me ... all the high ranking police and para military and military focusing on the Northern Fulani are tribalistic not me... The RUGA and the Water Resource Bill is tribalistic not me... If you're not benefactor of all these then you're the most stewpid coward. If you're a beneficiary, then know the days of your empire is numbered as it will end in premium tears for all you

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by IduNaOba: 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
Burna dey fear.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by JAMO4REAL1(m): 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Buna don run� oo what I know is Nigeria will break soon

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Ahamefuna0001(m): 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
Odogwu aburo guy name.
I stand with Burna

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Vyzz: 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
grin

Burna is more concern on his music life...

He doesn't want to die young so he can't trust a politician...

For now let him use his voice to revolt

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Access003(m): 4:19am On Sep 30, 2020
Apt reply, Burna! Sowore should seek support from his fellow jobless politicians; Sheu Sani, Dino Melaye, Reno Omokri and other failed ones.

18 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:33am On Sep 30, 2020
GBAM!!!

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by backnbeta(f): 4:37am On Sep 30, 2020
Rrotests will never ever work in this country and our leaders know that, hence their continued disrespect for us. If a Yoruba man leads a protest in Nigeria, Igbos will slander him, those who don't share his religious sentiment will slander him. If an Igbo man leads a protest, Yorubas and Ijaws will slander him... until we realise we are fighting a common enemy and fight in agreement, we can't achieve much in terms of protests undecided

231 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Parisian: 4:44am On Sep 30, 2020
Yele is not the same. He has shown that.

I could say the say about about burna boy that musicians are all crackheads who lead a dysfunctional lifestyle chasing women, drugs and alcohol

Since 1993, Yele has been and still faces persecution from the government.

Burns just used this rubbish reply as an excuse.

63 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by QuotaSystem: 5:41am On Sep 30, 2020
Perfect response.

Nobody is fooled by Sowore.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 5:44am On Sep 30, 2020
Burna boy just showed how daft and brainless he and his crew are... with all the songs and lyrics of chain, politicians, killings, bondage, Government blah blah blah etc, and then you tweet this as response..

A better response could have been "Thank you for the recognition, but the struggles of Africans needs much more than just me"..

339 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by NofiuFade(m): 5:58am On Sep 30, 2020
As far as am concern Burna boy can choose to join the protest at his own risk, one thing we ll understand in Nigeria for now be say we dont know who is who and we cant compare the era of Fela to this current dispensation, back then theres loyalty and you can depend on people support to protest against govt without expecting to be bank roll, Now all around the world almost all protester are paid for it, The blame i have for our musicians is just they are nomore representing the real cultural part of music, not any nigeria artist is currently using his or her musical power to speak against any bad govt policy and thats too bad!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by comos: 6:12am On Sep 30, 2020
I love the response of Burna Boy.

omoyele sowore was the main media propagandist for APC when they were fighting to him power in 2015.

Sowore knew the type of man Buhari is but he did the fighting for his own selfish and tribalism interest.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by candygist: 6:13am On Sep 30, 2020
EastGold:
Burna Boy is a coward abeg

If your dad had protested a long time ago while he was a young man, maybe Nigeria would have been a better place. Reason am

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by prodigy22: 7:03am On Sep 30, 2020
Parisian:
Yele is not the same. He has shown that.

I could say the say about but a boy that musicians are all crackheads who lead a dysfunctional lifestyle chasing women, drugs and alcohol

Since 1993, Yele has been and still faces persecution from the government.

Burns just used this rubbish reply as an excuse.
nail on the head. Burns is nothing like fela, he is just an MTV activist

Check out how to apply for up to 1m from the 200bn FG released for small businesses Here

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by TheManofTomorrow(m): 7:03am On Sep 30, 2020
Burna should really tone down on all the lines. With his tweet, even if the revolution was handed over to him on a platter, I doubt if he will grab the opportunity.

Just want to milk the fame off a legend without doing so much as giving an apt comment as regards his reasons not to join the movement he so cowardly sings about.

Anyone that comes here to pull the "what did you father do line" really needs some schooling.
He is a musician who profits from the abundance of his words and action.

He should really tone down on his lyrics if he can't portray what he sings.

C'est fini

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by HotPoundedYam(m): 7:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Burner boi than ran for the police during the Mr 2kay issue. is that who you want to protest? moreover I would do anything for a person like Sowore. the guy is a manipulative selfish clown. I pity those he will convince to protest for him.
Trust no Politician

11 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Iceyjayz: 7:50am On Sep 30, 2020
Lol
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by nairalander2020(m): 7:57am On Sep 30, 2020
dont trust anybody even if is your father.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Charmingrascal(m): 8:00am On Sep 30, 2020
He is claiming to be Fela incarnate
claiming to be the only music revolutionist after Fela but he doesn't want to take the risk Fela took.

Cowardice low budget Fela

54 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by blacknp(m): 8:05am On Sep 30, 2020
samincredible44:
let just divide this country abeg. wahala too much,sowore wait make burna win Grammy first
It isn’t hard to know people that have nothing? Keep waiting from 2020 till infinity for Nigeria to divide.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

KWAM1 Snubbed His Wife Who Wanted To Kiss Him At His Birthday Party / Dbanj & Girlfriend Bonang At The MTV Africa Red Carpet / "Niyola Where Is Your Breast?" Fan Asks; Singer Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.