Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 (1835 Views)

Mide Martins Backs Omoborty On Movie Set (Photos, Video) / Why DSTV Cannot Give You Pay Per View. / Kwese TV: Latest "Pay-per-view" Satellite TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by selingel: 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2020
Gbenga Omokhunu, Abuja
The Federal Government has declared full backing for activities of an indigenous cable television company, TStv.

TStv declared its plan to offer Nigerians affordable subscriptions on a pay-per-view basis starting from October 1 when it re-launches its services.

The firm also explained its channels would be offered at between N3 and N5 subscription daily, noting subscribers would also be able to pause their subscriptions temporarily if they are unavailable to watch the programmes.

Briefing reporters in Abuja on Tuesday, the Chief Executive Officer of TStv, Mr. Bright Echefu, explained the firm had learned from its past mistakes which forced it out of business for some time.

He disclosed the company has acquired the latest transponders, which prevent service interruptions during bad weather, noting that most channels would be in high definition.
Echefu further noted his firm had invested in a content acquisition which would give TStv a competitive edge in the Nigerian market, and across Africa.

READ ALSO: Pay TV TStv returns Oct. 1
He said: “We have the support of the Federal Government, National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) and the Minister of Information and Cultural, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

“We have invested heavily in rights acquisition and acquired five latest transponders which would help us to overcome service disruptions and outage.
“Most of our channels would be high definition and they are priced at N3 or N5 per day.

“They are being offered a la carte, meaning that the subscriber can simply select the channels he wished to watch instead of buying a bouquet of channels he does not watch”.

According to him, the service would be rolled out nationwide from Thursday, when the cost of the decoders and location of vendors would be announced.

Echefu said customers have to acquire the new decoders to enable them to enjoy the quality service being offered by TStv, adding that the old decoders could be swapped for a new unit.

He said: “The old decoders can be used for two weeks after which the subscribers would have to swap it for a new one”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-backs-tstv-offers-pay-per-view-for-n5/amp/

2 Likes

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by Sonoyom(m): 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
This people again.
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
If this pulls through, then it's good for the consumers.

A la carte bouquet
Pay per view
Pause subscription
N5 daily per channel

TV has never been this good.

4 Likes

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by candyguyofficia(m): 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
Tstv will give DStv a run for it money. "Nothing good comes easy" better days ahead for tstv
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by Southwest2023: 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
Good thunder fire DSTV I hope this is not a lying.

2 Likes

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
I just hope its won't be story story again after October 1st?
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by Samakus(m): 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
*If you miss everything, don't miss this one*

Ronex is crypto currency exchanger, not just new coin, who decided to have their coin too like Binance Coin. You can imagine the future potentials of their coin called *RX coin*

Check the link on my signature

One *RX* coin worth $0.60 or #282. Upon registration, you will be given two things...
*1.* $20 welcome bonus which can be used to invest and earn 1% daily on it. You can also invest your real money and withdraw your earning without restrictions.
*2.* 80RX coin @ $0.60 per one, thatis $48 welcome bonus.

*Notice*
For the fact that *Ronex* is an exchanger make it worth it. So their coin upon launch will make sense and increase in value.

So in short, the Company has four things.

*1.* *Investment.* You can use your welcome bonus of $20 to do this and earn 1% daily.
*2.* *Mining RX coin* That is, by mining, you can be increasing your RX coin. And it is web based mining. It make sense
*3.* *They are exchanger* You can exchange one coin for another.
*4.* You can buy more RX coin and store.

Give it all it takes to join this.

I will guide you on the investment. Since you can't withdraw the free $20 given to you, but you can use it to invest and then withdraw later.

*Note* Withdrawal from your investment is possible already.
Withdraw through
ETH, BTC, LTC, PerfectMoney etc

Check the link on my signature

Guess what, registration is super easy.

Just fill few things
No task at all.

username
Email
Password
*Final*
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by nabiz(m): 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
Good one.
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by DozieMartin: 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
I can't feed we'll talk more of feeding TV. God bless me biko

1 Like

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by FarahAideed: 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
TSTV has started with it's lies and raising expectations they can't match again ...Only a fool will believe that a satellite TV company in a country without proper electricity will be able deploy content at 150 Naira( 39 cents ) for one month cheesy angry grin angry even if you are getting the content for free the cost of of the satellite link bandwidth alone can't be covered with 39 cents per subscriber for 30 days .... I am a great business analyst and I can tell y'all for free like I did the last time that TSTV is still not ready

2 Likes

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by jlinkd78(m): 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
Great
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by chatinent: 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
A good motive to kill some foreign business.
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by Kcitytv: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
Omg
It pays to support our own
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by lukui: 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
hope it wont end up like hi tv

like burna boy said: DONT TRUST NIGERIAN POLITICIANS, THEY ALL CALLED FELA MAD MAN, BUT WHEN HE DIED, THEY SAID HE IS AHERO

1 Like

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by selingel: 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
lt is better to promise what you can achieve and not be like APC that promised to make a Dollar = N1.

1 Like

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by FarahAideed: 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
lukui:
hope it wont end up like hi tv

like burna boy said: DONT TRUST NIGERIAN POLITICIANS, THEY ALL CALLED FELA MAD MAN, BUT WHEN HE DIED, THEY SAID HE IS AHERO

Remember this is TSTV second attempt to get of the ground again and this too doomed for failure with what I see

1 Like

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by selingel: 10:09pm On Sep 29, 2020
FarahAideed:

Remember this is TSTV second attempt to get of the ground again and this too doomed for failure with what I see

Yes ooo. Looks too real to believe. Howbeit, I wish they succeed to curb the excesses of DSTV.

1 Like

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by Hardtalk: 10:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sonoyom:
This people again.

Let's wait and see. I am really skeptical about them too.
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by WoundedLamb: 10:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
FarahAideed:
TSTV has started with it's lies and raising expectations they can't match again ...Only a fool will believe that a satellite TV company in a country without proper electricity will be able deploy content at 150 Naira( 39 cents ) for one month cheesy angry grin angry even if you are getting the content for free the cost of of the satellite link bandwidth alone can't be covered with 39 cents per subscriber for 30 days .... I am a great business analyst and I can tell y'all for free like I did the last time that TSTV is still not ready

150 per month for one channel is 1,500 per month for 10 channels. Why not?

3 Likes

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by punisha: 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
This one Lai Mohammed is involved....let it not be a lie o.
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by FarahAideed: 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
WoundedLamb:

150 per month for one channel is 1,500 per month for 10 channels. Why not?

You see they are misleading NIGERIAns again like they did the first , at 150 per channel they are already more expensive than GOTV that has scale and remember TSTV doesn't even have content
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by Blackmann001: 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
FarahAideed:

Bro say only what you know...

I offer services even my customers doubt how I sustain it..yes! Its way too low..but in the end I make up to 10 -15 million yearly...they may have a market strategy...

There are many ways to catch a rat!
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by Blackmann001: 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
FarahAideed:

You see they are misleading NIGERIAns again like they did the first , at 150 per channel they are already more expensive than GOTV that has scale and remember TSTV doesn't even have content

Let Tue market decide...the maere fact they offer per channel may do the swing of customers its way
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by Benwallt(m): 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
After the money starts rolling in they will go extravagantly wild n turn all purchase to scraps
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by WoundedLamb: 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
FarahAideed:

Hhmm... I guess you didn't think it through when you made your first comment here asking how they'd possibly survive with just 39 cents per month and now that you can see what that amounts to, you're diverting to how it's too expensive. Oga great analyst, nawa o! The way you swiftly moved from N5 being too little and not sustainable to it being too expensive, it's obvious you just want to sound negative regardless of the cost and content. Such energy though...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by FarahAideed: 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
Blackmann001:

Bro say only what you know...

I offer services even my customers doubt how I sustain it..yes! Its way too low..but in the end I make up to 10 -15 million yearly...they may have a market strategy...

There are many ways to catch a rat!

I had this same argument with many people the last time TSTV flopped even before they started and then their strategy was even way better than this but I still spotted the Chink ..Even Kwese TV that came with a better strategy and 100s of millions of dollars flopped because of lack of viable content ... Satellite tv operators are basically resellers , they buy content and bandwidth in bulk and Generally redistribute for profits .. I am sure your business you speak of is based most likely in Lagos and you probably sell cheaper than the competition but not that U sell at a loss and still make profit grin abi is it magic you are doing grin? I am sure you have enough margins in your industry to toy around with and it's not like that in sat tv busines
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by FarahAideed: 10:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Hhmm... I guess you didn't think it through when you made your first comment here asking how they'd possibly survive with just 39 cents per month and now that you can see what that amounts to, you're diverting to how it's too expensive. Oga great analyst, nawa o! The way you swiftly moved from N5 being too little and not sustainable to it being too expensive, it's obvious you just want to sound negative regardless of the cost and content. Such energy though...

I had these kind of arguments here the last time they tried to launch and I predicted they will not even be able to launch and I was vindicated ..No be today I start mass deployment business oo.. This time around they will launch after a some postponement and then they will not be able to scale on customers and have higher overheads than revenue thereby triggering a heavy burn rate ...They will be out of business in 14 months max ..wanna bet?
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by Blackmann001: 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
FarahAideed:

I had this same argument with many people the last time TSTV flopped even before they started and then their strategy was even way better than this but I still spotted the Chink ..Even Kwese TV that came with a better strategy and 100s of millions of dollars flopped because of lack of viable content ... Satellite tv operators are basically resellers , they buy content and bandwidth in bulk and Generally redistribute for profits .. I am sure your business you speak of is based most likely in Lagos and you probably sell cheaper than the competition but not that U sell at a loss and still make profit grin abi is it magic you are doing grin? I am sure you have enough margins in your industry to toy around with and it's not like that in sat tv busines

No.the Biz is not in lag...and again..study "the economics of scale" properly to better understand Biz at its budding stage......

Ppl around me couldn't believe I turned down a fed. Job just cuz of this " yeye" cheap tins I do..alas they go home with 980k annually while I go home with about 10-12 million yearly

Honestly,they may have a strategy..they first failed cuz of technical issues..not finance

1 Like

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by potbelly(m): 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
grin grin

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by FarahAideed: 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
Blackmann001:

No.the Biz is not in lag...and again..study "the economics of scale" properly to better understand Biz at its budding stage......

Ppl around me couldn't believe I turned down a fed. Job just cuz of this " yeye" cheap tins I do..alas they go home with 980k annually while I go home with about 10-12 million yearly

Honestly,they may have a strategy..they first failed cuz of technical issues..not finance

Money was the main reason they failed the first time , they planned to pirate signals of popular Channels but were blocked with injunctions and ended up not being able to out bid DSTV to rights of the premium content DSTV has locked down ..

I am business person myself so I understand you my breakthrough in life came from a 2.50k margin I had on some service I sold here in Nigeria so I get U .... How much is the selling price of what you sell please ?
Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by WoundedLamb: 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
FarahAideed:

I had these kind of arguments here the last time they tried to launch and I predicted they will not even be able to launch and I was vindicated ..No be today I start mass deployment business oo.. This time around they will launch after a some postponement and then they will not be able to scale on customers and have higher overheads than revenue thereby triggering a heavy burn rate ...They will be out of business in 14 months max ..wanna bet?

Is this the business analysis? Lmao.

Seriously, dude, how do you even keep commenting? Your analysis predicated they will fail because of how low their pricing is and when your calculation was corrected, your analysis switched to predicting they will fail because their pricing is not low enough. Isn't it obvious your algorithm only outputs failure regardless of what they bring to the table? Now you're telling me prophesies... It's okay, bro. You win. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Backs Tstv, Offers Pay Per View For N5 by Sonoyom(m): 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hardtalk:

Let's wait and see. I am really skeptical about them too.
Once bitten!

(1) (2) (Reply)

AIT Stops Airing Second Chance. What Is Going On? / The Most Expensive Horror Movies Ever Made / SYLVESTER STALLONE Dies In A Horrible Car Accident!!! [HOAX]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.