Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,853 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? (1006 Views)

When You Realise You Have Been Manipulated For 2000 Years / Freethinkers How Do You Manage Living In A Country That Believes In Superstition / ‘clear Myth And Superstition’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by properties4sale: 7:19am On Sep 30, 2020
Hi thread; just need an input from you all, at what age did you really realise as an adult, religion and superstitious doesn't put food on the table, but the work of your hands?
That in fact they are only ideologies sold to cover for the ignorance of humans.

For me I'll say 26/7 , at 28 I understood better. I'm 32 now.

What about you?

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Madibah(m): 7:27am On Sep 30, 2020
Since nine

I can never forget my uncle
He impacted knowledge into my head

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by properties4sale: 7:36am On Sep 30, 2020
Madibah:
Since nine

I can never forget my uncle
He impacted knowledge into my head
Evidently, the more knowledge you get, the more it relegates religion and superstition to its rightful place of irrelevance; as you answer those ignorance religion had covered you begin to shift it to where it belongs...

Not surprised bro, since u mentioned knowledge being imparted to u.. welldone.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by branhampaul: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Me, I was 18.
Reading the Bible caused my skepticism (the contradictions were too much).

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by longetivity(m): 7:50am On Sep 30, 2020
yesterday
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by CosmicPhoenix: 7:57am On Sep 30, 2020
i realised it in my teenage days during secondary school and got more convinced as time got by.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by 9jamustchange: 8:12am On Sep 30, 2020
Thinking they are wise they become fools says the scripture. Life isn't just about food on the table. Knowledge that does not reveal the creator is seriously deficient.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:15am On Sep 30, 2020
AT AGE 7, I REALIZED NOTHING MADE SENSE TO ME.
THE NEXT TEN YEARS I FORCED MYSELF TO PRETEND THAT I UNDERSTOOD WHAT WAS GOING ON JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. BUT SINCE REALITY CAN'T LIE, I HAD TO EMBRACE WHAT I WAS SINCE I WAS A CHILD. AN UNBELIEVER OF NONSENSICAL SUPERSTITIONS.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THE NEXT TEN YEARS I FORCED MYSELF TO PRETEND THAT I UNDERSTOOD WHAT WAS GOING ON JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. BUT SINCE REALITY CAN'T LIE, I HAD TO EMBRACE WHAT I WAS SINCE I WAS A CHILD. AN UNBELIEVER.

cheesy wink grin

At 16 years I finalized everything......

I always knew something was wrong even my parents suspected but they kept blaming the devil and asking me to pray I just laughed in my mind cos I knew it was all scam.......

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 30, 2020
9jamustchange:
Thinking they are wise they become fools says the scripture. Life isn't just about food on the table. Knowledge that does not reveal the creator is seriously deficient.

Who you
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Juliusmomoh: 8:36am On Sep 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THE NEXT TEN YEARS I FORCED MYSELF TO PRETEND THAT I UNDERSTOOD WHAT WAS GOING ON JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. BUT SINCE REALITY CAN'T LIE, I HAD TO EMBRACE WHAT I WAS SINCE I WAS A CHILD. AN UNBELIEVER.
CAPSLOCKED .u need jesus
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Uyi168: 8:57am On Sep 30, 2020
At 20..
Too bad, I nor quick know
cry
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Angelnath(m): 11:15am On Sep 30, 2020
At age 8 after i walk down the altar to give my lyf to christ. I realize church is only build self righteous hypocrites and not real believers. Since then have always been following THAT WHICH IS RIGHT AND GOOD.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by masterP042(m): 11:40am On Sep 30, 2020
At age18 I started having doubts, especially when my prayers weren't answered, irrespective of how devoted and how strong my faith was. But by 19, I was convinced I no longer believed in religion or imaginary beings

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Image123(m): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
properties4sale:
Hi thread; just need an input from you all, at what age did you really realise as an adult, religion and superstitious doesn't put food on the table, but the work of your hands?
That in fact they are only ideologies sold to cover for the ignorance of humans.

What about you?

I was about 8years old when God did a visible miracle in the house i lived. Before then i used to hear about God doing miracles pretty much like everyone else. Didn't have to think much about it though since i probably didn't need one or didn't think i needed one. But there was this relative of mine who needed one obviously because one of her legs was shorter than the other. She was using crutches or special shoes. Then she was taken to church(though not the first time) and came back with her obvious miracle.

It didn't make me any more or less serious but it was something i evidently witnessed in my own house. It was years later on before i took God serious. And of course, i have continued to see His faithfulness in my life and in many other lives.

Luckily for me, i have always known that religion does not put food on tables. We have always been taught the value and importance of the works of our hands. i also grew up in a setting where pastors and other MOGs had their proper secular work.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by NairalandSARS: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2020
properties4sale:

What about you?

At age 12.
Religion is just comedy to me.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by kingxsamz(m): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
9jamustchange:

If life isn't about that, why do you folks go to church every Sunday, praying for these same things like your lives depends on it? undecided
The rich prays for good health and long life.
The average and poor pray for wealth and food.
Sadly, it still doesn't work.
Religion is useless when it comes to the everyday needs of man.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2020
9jamustchange:

They do not know that man can not live by food alone.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
kingxsamz:

If life isn't about that, why do you folks go to church every Sunday, praying for these same things like your lives depends on it? undecided
The rich prays for good health and long life.
The average and poor pray for wealth and food.
Sadly, it still doesn't work.
Religion is useless when it comes to the everyday needs of man.

Man can not live by bread alone!
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
properties4sale:

What about you?

grin it is religious to eat, masturbate, penetrate, work, play etc why because you can not escape doing certain things continuously which is the meaning of religion.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by properties4sale: 12:30am On Oct 01, 2020
9jamustchange:
In other words, you are yet to discover as u still wallowing in abject ignorance. That's okay, your time will come.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by properties4sale: 12:33am On Oct 01, 2020
Angelnath:
At age 8 after i walk down the altar to give my lyf to christ. I realize church is only build self righteous hypocrites and not real believers. Since then have always been following THAT WHICH IS RIGHT AND GOOD.
That's it.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by properties4sale: 12:34am On Oct 01, 2020
NairalandSARS:

At age 12.
Religion is just comedy to me.
It is actually; absolutely correct.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Angelnath:

I am always baffled and thankful when I see that people really hung on to every word and acts of their pastor rather than on the word of God.

Therefore, they stopped listening to their pastors and then they say that they are giving up on religion.

You are not given up on religion, and you can not but you have rather given up on listening to your pastor..

All these while they still do not read the Bible, anyway I understand, "the Bible"burns" them when they read it, which is why they are dependent on someone else who may have read it, to tell them what it says.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Angelnath(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I am always baffled and thankful when I see that people really hung on to every word and acts of their pastor rather than on the word of God.

Therefore, they stopped listening to their pastors and then they say that they are giving up on religion.

You are not given up on religion, and you can not but you have rather given up on listening to your pastor..

All these while they still do not read the Bible, anyway I understand, "the Bible"burns" them when they read it, which is why they are dependent on someone else who may have read it, to tell them what it says.
@Dtruthspeaker one thing i know is the church was actually created to build the weak in spirit but our religious leader has splundered that. No difference btw our pastors nowadays and the pharisees of jesus time.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Judybash93(m): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
grin[right][/right]
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Judybash93(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
I was 23 when I started questioning the teachings of Christianity. I later decided to experiment by praying to a pole in my street. Everyday, I'll go and pray to this pole, amazingly, my prayer came to pass. At that point, i realized that if i pray to God and it doesn't come to pass, I'll say, God knows best, if it did come to pass, I'll praise God. I applied this same strategy to the pole and got the same results. "Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool" Mark Twain

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2020
Angelnath:

@Dtruthspeaker one thing i know is the church was actually created to build the weak in spirit but our religious leader has splundered that. No difference btw our pastors nowadays and the pharisees of jesus time.

None whatsoever my brother.

As the Lord would say unto them, "Woe unto you (pastors and priests, overseers and underseers), hypocrites!"
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2020
Judybash93:
I was 23 when I started questioning the teachings of Christianity. I later decided to experiment by praying to a pole in my street. Everyday, I'll go and pray to this pole, amazingly, my prayer came to pass. At that point, i realized that if i pray to God and it doesn't come to pass, I'll say, God knows best, if it did come to pass, I'll praise God. I applied this same strategy to the pole and got the same results.

That is what we mean when we say that God is Good and He is Not Just Good but What we evil.people call Too Good!

He is so Good that He even oftentimes grants the requests of those who Hate Him, even if they do not ask of Him.

No Man has ever done that and No man will ever Ever Do it Purely!

So you evil people can never say that you did not enjoy the goodness of the Lord. You All verily Did!
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Judybash93(m): 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

That is what we mean when we say that God is Good and He is Not Just Good but What we evil.people call Too Good!

He is so Good that He even oftentimes grants the requests of those who Hate Him, even if they do not ask of Him.

No Man has ever done that and No man will ever Ever Do it Purely!

So you evil people can never say that you did not enjoy the goodness of the Lord. You All verily Did!

Exactly sir, you just proved my point. There's nothing Christians cannot answer.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2020
Judybash93:

Exactly sir, you just proved my point. There's nothing Christians cannot answer.

This is because we know that everything and everyone is in a Container or Box, doing or not doing the things that they have been Set to Do, like the alternator MUST charge the battery, the battery MUST give power to the fuel pump, the fuel pump MUST suck whatever is in the tank whether fuel.or water, engine MUST hala when turned on grin

But the Mechanic, Driver and Owner of the Box (World) MUST be Outside the Box as we are outside the car that we made! grin
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Religion And Superstition Factually Helps No One? by Angelnath(m): 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

None whatsoever my brother.

As the Lord would say unto them, "Woe unto you (pastors and priests, overseers and underseers), hypocrites!"
nice quote

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Created God ? / Why Adeleke, Osun Government Snub Pastor Adeboye / A Prayer For You Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.