Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,505 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 (2260 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Valencia: 23% (5 votes)
Barcelona: 61% (13 votes)
Draw: 14% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Vs Swansea (1 - 2) On 2nd March 2016 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (0 - 4) On 21st November 2015 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona - El Clasico (2 - 1) On 2nd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by mukina2: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2011
Need To Defend Third

A strong victory over Athletic Bilbao at the weekend has left Valencia extremely well placed to claim a spot in the Champions League next season, but no sooner have they opened up a gap to third placed Villarreal, they could see it close as they meet champions Barcelona on Wednesday evening.

Unai Emery’s side have been the masters of the narrow victory this season and managed to edge past los Leones thanks to a couple of late strikes, another hallmark of their recent performances. With 19 minutes remaining, Juan Mata levelled Fernando Llorente’s first half strike, and as the game approached its twilight period, Jonas scored a timely first goal for the club.

“With perseverance we beat a big rival at a very difficult venue, and for that we must be doubly pleased,” the coach explained after the weekend’s fixture.

“San Mames demands that players fight duels, and I think that we were present.”

Looking ahead to Wednesday’s clash, the coach explained that he expects his side to approach the game at the Mestalla “with enthusiasm and a need to defend third place”.

Boasting a four point gap to a Villarreal side who are seeing their good form slide away, even a defeat at home to the league leaders would be no catastrophe, but the battling east coast outfit will be hoping to at least secure a draw.

Strong Start To Important Week
Talk of crisis at the Camp Nou has been averted for the time being. After a 1-1 draw with Sporting and a surprise 2-1 defeat in the Champions League against Arsenal, there were concerns that Barcelona’s campaign was about to come apart at the seams

But Pep Guardiola’s side have since responded with two impressive wins. A home fixture against Athletic Bilbao was considered a test, and Barca passed it narrowly, picking up a 2-1 success. Last weekend they then travelled to face a well-organised Mallorca side who had picked up a 1-1 draw at Camp Nou earlier in the season, and showing some fine form, the Blaugrana earned a routine 3-0 success that was made all the more pivotal by Real Madrid’s failure to overcome Deportivo La Coruna later in the evening.

Describing the fixture as the first of three “important” games, Guardiola was evidently happy with his side’s mentality and, ultimately, their performance, remarking,“We found it harder than ever to get going tonight and that has to serve as a lesson for other games. Obviously the goal helped us. It was another story altogether after the break though, we played with more intensity and suffered less.”

Accepting of the fact that Barca’s injury problems are simply something “that happens during the season”, Guardiola has confidence in his fringe players to step in and perform well, with the role of Seydou Keita at the weekend highlighting the good performances that can come from the Blaugrana bench.

Should Barca start Wednesday’s match as sluggishly as they played the early part of Saturday’s, they could find the going really tough, as Guardiola will no doubt warn his players.

TEAM NEWS

Valencia
Bruno is banned, which could prompt Ricardo Costa to go into the right-back berth as an emergency measure. Aritz Aduriz, David Albelda and Nacho Gonzalez continue to work their way back from injuries.

Barcelona
Reports suggest that Xavi could be back in action for the Blaugrana, while Dani Alves will certainly be welcomed back after a one-match ban. Jeffren Suarez is back training with the main squad but Carles Puyol and Victor Valdes are set to miss out.

Match
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by ddippset(m): 6:32pm On Mar 02, 2011
yeah! its gonna be a very rough '5 or 6 weeks. 'valencia, sevilla, villareal all away. if we are still top of la liga after these games, then LA LIGA is clinched and real madrid is left 4 dead. PREDICTION- valencia 0 barcelona 2.
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by RuuDie(m): 6:42pm On Mar 02, 2011
Expecting another good 90mins of super football. . . .definitely a match to watch!
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by chelseabmw(m): 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2011
Will definately watch this match today. . . . A must watch
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by amurx(m): 8:23pm On Mar 02, 2011
I giv it 2 to barca
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by dabraska: 9:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
valencia 0 barcelona 2, na so!!!! leggo barca
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by medjai(m): 10:08pm On Mar 02, 2011
very strange line up by Pep. Iniesta is playing up front on the right. Busquets is in defence and Adriano is partnering Xavi and Masch in the middle.
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by seunlayi(m): 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2011
amurx:

I giv it 2 to barca
if they can keep their act together
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by seunlayi(m): 10:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
amurx:

I giv it 2 to barca
if they can keep their act together
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by Odinaka00(m): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2011
dz match iz too boring, bt i want valencia to win so that man u wil carry d league
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by medjai(m): 10:39pm On Mar 02, 2011
^^^ grin grin grin Man U carry the Spanish league. LOL
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by fredoooooo: 10:47pm On Mar 02, 2011
messi is wastefull this days , hope he can convert all this against arsenal o , cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by owobokiri(m): 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2011
Odinaka, na wetin we do you naah? Which one concern Man U with Velencia and La Liga again? Small time you go tell us say you wan Bayern Munich to win so Enyimba go come win the leageu. Haba mallam. Na waa for Wada Nas.
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by asscend: 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2011
Odinaka00:

dz match iz too boring, bt i want valencia to win so that man u wil carry d league

I see you're a Man U fan. Its in your inner most being.

You only know one football club.

Okay please go to their thread and enjoy.
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by asscend: 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2011
owobokiri:

Odinaka, na wetin we do you naah? Which one concern Man U with Velencia and La Liga again? Small time you go tell us say you wan Bayern Munich to win so Enyimba go come win the leageu. Haba mallam. Na waa for Wada Nas.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, this na classic.
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 02, 2011
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by switch47(m): 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2011
BARSA JO!! BARCA JARE!! whatever ends this match i belive the league favours Barcelona more than Mardrid, Nice football here though, Extreme beauty to watch. enjoying myself hia!!

there is only one Barcelona fc
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by fredoooooo: 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2011
gooal messi
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by switch47(m): 11:41pm On Mar 02, 2011
GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

like i said there is only one BARCA!! Nice one in style!! Great football
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by ddippset(m): 11:41pm On Mar 02, 2011
messi is a MATHAFU***R
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by fxtopedia(m): 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
fredoooooo:

gooal messi

pls what is the SCORES?
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by ddippset(m): 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
been scared as hell, these valencians are stubborn!
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by ddippset(m): 11:44pm On Mar 02, 2011
fxtopedia:

pls what is the SCORES?
0-1 oh!
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by ddippset(m): 11:54pm On Mar 02, 2011
how i'd love to see the looks on the faces of MR MOURINHO, C RONALDO, and NAIRALAND REAL MADRID FANS. i know they all watching.
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by usbcable(m): 12:47am On Mar 03, 2011
ddippset:

how i'd love to see the looks on the faces of MR MOURINHO, C RONALDO, and NAIRALAND REAL MADRID FANS. i know they all watching.

what do you want to do with it? or have you been given the trophy?
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by mamagee3(f): 1:50am On Mar 03, 2011
ddippset:

messi is a MATHAFU***R
I think you should add annoying to it.
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by sweetguy10(m): 3:17am On Mar 03, 2011
Thank God we were able to salvage the much needed 3 points , On to the next match . Forza Barca
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by ddippset(m): 6:14am On Mar 03, 2011
usbcable:

what do you want to do with it? or have you been given the trophy?
do i get a piece of the trophy? i only love the football. i love the beautiful game. i love to watch barca play. and win of course. i love the little and extremely skilful players of barca. i get entertained. that's what's in it 4 me.( for my time and for my money).                                                                                                           

mama-gee:

I think you should add annoying to it.
you're probably right. if i didnt like messi, i'd find him very annoying myself.
Re: Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 by Shoolar(m): 9:30am On Mar 03, 2011
this is first time barca coach Gardiola wil defeat valencia at home.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Is The Best Site To Watch Live Streams Of Matches / Just How Good Is Klose ? / Interested In Moderating This Section?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.