Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't (1571 Views)

What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies / I Couldn't Say A Word When I Saw This (photo) / Have You Ever Aborted A Pregnancy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by pslm23(f): 1:25am On Mar 03, 2011
I know this topic has been talked about back in 06 and 09 but I would really like to know if any Nigerian woman would be willing to do this, not for monetary reasons, but because they want to help out a female family member who cannot conceive?
I am watching Discovery Health now and there's a 60+ year old grandmother who was brought out of menopause with medication because she wanted to help her daughter have a baby. She was implanted with their frozen embryo via IVF and had twins after 8+ months.
If I could, I would do it for my sisters if they needed help.
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by Nobody: 2:00am On Mar 03, 2011
No! Did I say no?

Sorry I mean NO in capital letters.

Adoption would be much better than that.
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by SisiKill1: 2:05am On Mar 03, 2011
rokiatu:

No! Did I say no?

Can you please explain the part in bold?
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by mamagee3(f): 3:12am On Mar 03, 2011
rokiatu:

No! Did I say no?

I know!

Why would a woman carry a baby for another woman. . . It really doesn't make much sense as far as I'm concerned.
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by pslm23(f): 3:12am On Mar 03, 2011
rokiatu:

No! Did I say no?

You are entitled to your opinion but can u elaborate a little bit more on why you said NO? Is it that there has to be monetary compensation or is it an abomination or what? Adoption is an option but most couples would rather have a biological child.
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by pslm23(f): 3:19am On Mar 03, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Can you please explain the part in bold?
mama-gee:

I know!

Why would a woman carry a baby for another woman. . . It really doesn't make much sense as far as I'm concerned.

@mamagee, we are not talking about any woman off the street. The question was if your blood sister or daughter was having such difficulty carrying a pregnancy and you have no problem conceiving, would you be there for your sister if she comes crying to you to help her carry the pregnancy that will not involve sleeping with any other man.
A lot of women are unable to physically bear children or carry pregnancies to mid or full term due to one health problem or the other.
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by ifyalways(f): 8:24am On Mar 03, 2011
[b]NO,[/b]not even in my wildest dream.
I cannot and would not!I cannot bear and carry a child and give him/her up,for anything or anyone,not even for my twin,assuming i had one.
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by obowunmi(m): 11:06am On Mar 03, 2011
@OP, get stretch marks and a flabby stomach ---- or even wide vagina ---because of one kain sister, eeewwwwww ---- eeewwwww eeeewwwww
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 03, 2011
Yes . . undecided
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by pslm23(f): 3:22pm On Mar 03, 2011
so stretch marks, flabby stomach and all the other mundane stuff is the strongest reason for saying NO to your own sister? Wow!

@ Ify, remember that the child is not really your own to keep. the s.perm and egg that created it came from your sister and her husband. You were just acting as an incubator to help the child grow to full term. Would you still say no?

@ Uju, ditto
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by ifyalways(f): 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2011
pslm23:

so stretch marks, flabby stomach and all the other mundane stuff is the strongest reason for saying NO to your own sister? Wow!

@ Ify, remember that the child is not really your own to keep. the s.perm and egg that created it came from your sister and her husband. You were just acting as an incubator to help the child grow to full term. Would you still say no?

@ Uju, ditto
Capital NO.
As long as I bore the child,pushed and had it all . . .The child is mine.The bond of just carrying the pregnancy cannot let me give up the child,My own very placenta,mba oooh,I won't.
My womb is not for rent or charity . . .for family,friends or foe.
Any sp.erm that somehow finds its way inside,fertilizes and mature to a baby . . .I am keeping that baby.
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by mamagee3(f): 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2011
pslm23:

@mamagee, we are not talking about any woman off the street. The question was if your blood sister or daughter was having such difficulty carrying a pregnancy and you have no problem conceiving, would you be there for your sister if she comes crying to you to help her carry the pregnancy that will not involve sleeping with any other man.
A lot of women are unable to physically bear children or carry pregnancies to mid or full term due to one health problem or the other.
It doesn't sound right in anyway. . .

One can't carry a baby for another woman, it's delusional and immoral.

If my sister or daughter can't conceive, I'll advice her to adopt a baby not getting pregnant for her.
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by Blazay(m): 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2011
Absolutely.
But she is not that desperate.
Thank God! cool
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by prixxy(f): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2011
@ topic for my blood sister YES
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by babyme1(f): 10:36am On Mar 04, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by babymi2(f): 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2011
For my blood i will anything to make her happy. YES I WILL CARRY D PREGNCY FOR HER
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by pslm23(f): 11:01pm On Mar 04, 2011
baby-mi:

For my blood i will anything to make her happy. YES I WILL CARRY D PREGNCY FOR HER

Ditto
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by dayokanu(m): 11:20pm On Mar 04, 2011
As the husband, Would I be allowed to shag my sister in law.

The person must be fine oo and set preferably under 35 for me to agree.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by pslm23(f): 4:44am On Mar 05, 2011
dayokanu:

As the husband, Would I be allowed to sleep with my sister in law.

The person must be fine oo and set preferably under 35 for me to agree.

grin grin grin grin

@ Dayo, grin grin, this is a scenario that involves no sleeping with anybody. There is absolutely no seex involved. But as a man, let me ask you,if your wife came to you and told your that she would like to like to give the ultimate gift to her beloved sister who is unable to bear a child by being artificially inseminated with an embryo created from her sister's egg and husband's sp.e.rm. Would you support your wife or categorically say no?
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by dayokanu(m): 7:06am On Mar 05, 2011
Hell to the Fork NO.

That means my wife would be pregnant and I am not responsible for it? Which means A reduction in my "collabo" due to no fault of mine?

OK The only reason i would agree to that is if we all agree that during the time of her pregnancy, Her younger sister (Hopefully under 35yrs) would be taking care of my bedroom needs while she is moaning in pregnancy pains.

Lemme ask, Pregnancy and childbirth involves some risk, What happens if my wife die during pregnancy or childbirth of a child not hers?
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by ifyalways(f): 9:09am On Mar 05, 2011
^^^LMAO.Dayo thinking abt his "needs" first.
I repliedĀ  as someone's wife and a mother who has experienced child birthing twice.How do u explain the "disappearance of big tummy/baby" to your other kids?friends,hubby's family?
its very easy to echo yes online but when the come turns to become. . .u go realise say kpomo no be tozo.
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by Brite02(m): 9:14am On Mar 05, 2011
Impossicant. Mayb d gals can.
Re: Would You Carry A Pregnancy For Your Sister/daughter If She Couldn't by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 05, 2011
No

(1) (Reply)

40-year-old Zimbabwean Mother Set To Marry Own Son / Yoruba And English Male Baby Name Suggestions / Critical Advice Needed... In Dilema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.