Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal (1848 Views)

Nigerian Foreign Coach To Earn $50,000 A Month / Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by muyeskin(m): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2007
Arsenal captain Thierry Henry is moving to Barcelona next week after agreeing terms on a staggering £130,000-a-week deal.
The Daily Mail says Arsenal will collect £16 million for the 29 year-old, with club insiders confirming last night that the transfer is "imminent" after Nou Camp officials finally made their move for the France striker this week.

Ferran Soriano, Barcelona's finance director, conducted the negotiations with Henry's agent, Jerome Anderson, once Arsenal made it clear they were prepared to accept an offer for their 29-year-old captain and talisman.

It represents a massive blow for Arsenal but one considered inevitable from the moment their vice-chairman David Dein was ousted from the board two months ago.

Henry was particularly close to Dein and his son, Darren, so much so that in July 2003 Darren was best man when the player wed model Nicole Merry.

Darren Dein also works with Anderson at management group SEM, and those who remain on the club board may now regret Dein Snr's shock exit, in the wake of a row over the takeover bid by American billionaire Stanley Kroenke.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by mukina2: 12:12pm On Jun 23, 2007
angry *mukina vomits on thread* angry
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by muyeskin(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2007
Well mukina, U dont need to cos he has agreed already, tongue
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by 9ja4eva: 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2007
She dey vex say im don waka

I dnt blame him he needs some new faces around
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by danniecool(m): 8:12pm On Jun 23, 2007
please help me tell the girl to take heart grin grin

Henry did not sign a life contract with Arsenal, the guy is tired of playing among kids and inexperienced legs, he need to play among the men which are seperated from the kids cheesy

Just like Chelsea is today grin grin tongue
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by 9ja4eva: 6:42am On Jun 24, 2007
Yes oh d guy don tire.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by kaypinchi(m): 7:30am On Jun 24, 2007
Finally, he's confronted his heart by moving on. The drama & suspence is now over.
Ever since he was covered with Barca flag at Champions league finals 2006, the charm started its work on him. The suspence was rather too long though. Since 2005 or thereabout?

Arsenal will still do well next season without him. Watch out, for suprise signings now that we have spare cash to spend.

But what do we do now that Wenger (I learnt) may be on his way too? sad

Up Gunners!!!
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by 9ja4eva: 7:41am On Jun 24, 2007
Start rebuilding from d championship
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by kaypinchi(m): 7:48am On Jun 24, 2007
9ja4eva:

Start rebuilding from d championship

That can never, ever happen.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by 9ja4eva: 7:50am On Jun 24, 2007
Lets see what happens

Cesc might be on his way out
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by lordimpaq(m): 8:22am On Jun 24, 2007
well, wat else can i say,

we'll build another team, there goes the end of an era, an era starts without theirry henry,

@mukina

they've started selling barca jerseys with henry number 14, i could buy one for u, just kidding

well, arsenal may well win the league this time, without him, we'll show them we can do it without him, i hope
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by tunrexdj(m): 8:25am On Jun 24, 2007
god bless henry.its better  to jump out of a sinking boat than to drown with the boat.good move henry,u aint gonna regret it.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by mukina2: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2007
@dannie and 9Jia angry

wetin concern una? tongue

@ Lordy grin i was about to wound someone cheesy
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by 9ja4eva: 8:28am On Jun 24, 2007
Barcelone here we come.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by lordimpaq(m): 8:38am On Jun 24, 2007
tunrex.dj:

god bless henry.its better to jump out of a sinking boat than to drown with the boat.good move henry,u aint going to regret it.

thats not true, u schmuck, !!,

arsenal is not a sinking boat, some guy told me that arsenal would become eighth God forbid next season,

wats wrong wit use guys, henry played 17 games for us last season, managed to score 10, but we played most games without him and we still got results, man, things are gonna get better i really hope it does, but am sticking to arsenal, why cos am a gunner for life,
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by mukina2: 8:44am On Jun 24, 2007
Lordy you have time for this haterz . I never knew some existed anymore . henry left they started appearing tongue Losers all of them .

we shall teach all of them a lesson theu will never forget cool
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by 9ja4eva: 7:51am On Jun 25, 2007
Of course Arsenal going to the championship wld be a big lesson to teams.It wld make dem know dt building ur team around someone is nt d best.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by tunrexdj(m): 8:34am On Jun 25, 2007
Insert Quote @9ja4eva
Of course Arsenal going to the championship would be a big lesson to teams.It would make them know dt building your .

i completely agree with you.the gunners are gone 4 eva.i mean they l have to wallow in the championship for a long time.henry ,thanks for resuscitating your career by ditching arsenal.henry boy,u aint gonna regret it.
r
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by georgies(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2007
Arsenal will suprise all you bad belle.
August 11th is next season
pocket your mouth till then
Once there`s still Wenger,anything is possible
Remember vieria
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by muyeskin(m): 10:32am On Jun 25, 2007
Arsene Wenger could end speculation over his future by signing a new four-year contract with Arsenal this week.
The Sunday Mirror says despite Thierry Henry's £16million departure to Barcelona there is a growing belief that Wenger will sign a deal that will keep him at the Emirates until 2011.

A senior Arsenal insider said: "We are comfortable about the outcome of the talks with Arsene."
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by muyeskin(m): 10:38am On Jun 25, 2007
Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani is interesting Arsenal.
The Sunday Mirror says the Gunners, always on the look-out for the best emerging talent, are well aware that Aquilani has emerged as one of the world's top young stars.

The 22-year-old was watched by Gilles Grimandi, who is in line to be named the Gunners' new director of football, as Italy beat Portugal on penalties at the European Under-21 Championship on Thursday to qualify for the Olympic Games.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by Gheorghe(m): 10:38am On Jun 25, 2007
we will ever miss igwe, but i tell u guys that life at the emirates still goes on . after all when viera left we got to the champions league final, so henry or no henry, gunner 4 life
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by muyeskin(m): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2007
Anelka wants assurances from Wenger before agreeing Arsenal return
tribalfooball.com - June 24, 2007

Bolton Wanderers striker Nicolas Anelka will seek assurances from Arsene Wenger over his own future before committing to a return to Arsenal.
The Daily Mail says Anelka has been identified by Wenger as a possible replacement for Thierry Henry and the former Arsenal forward is said to be interested after what was described last night by sources close to the French striker as 'initial contact'.

But Anelka is said to be so alarmed by Henry's comments about Wenger's situation that he will seek assurances from the manager that he intends to remain at the Emirates Stadium beyond the remaining year of his contract before committing to a move from Bolton.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by sirwebs(m): 10:52am On Jun 25, 2007
Henry will be 30 in August. His best years are behind him not ahead of him. Besides he has lost the extra motivation to play at Arsenal and most importabtly $32m is excellent business for any football club.

Adiue Igwe! The King is dead, long live the king.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by muyeskin(m): 11:01am On Jun 25, 2007
Ajax winger Ryan Babel may be having second thoughts over a move to Arsenal this summer.

Thierry Henry's admission that the Gunners future of manager Arsene Wenger is in doubt has put the club's transfer plans into a spin, says the Daily Mail.

Holland Under 21 forward Babel has talked of his desire to play for Wenger but any move from Ajax could also now be put on hold.

Wenger has hardly eased anxiety at Arsenal by refusing to commit himself to the club he has served for 11 years with such distinction beyond his current deal. The fact that he gave a 'guarantee' last month that Henry would not be sold this summer will also cause alarm.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by muyeskin(m): 11:08am On Jun 25, 2007
Arsenal rejected Barcelona's Eto'o in Henry talks

Arsenal were offered Samuel Eto'o by Barcelona during negotiations on Friday over the sale of Thierry Henry, it has been revealed.
AS says Barca vice-president Ferran Soriano proposed a swap involving the Cameroon international, but Arsenal rejected the offer, insisting they were happy with the £16 million cash agreement and would go elsewhere to find Henry's replacement.

Barca's board are reportedly fed-up with Eto'o's attitude and outspoken ways and if they receive the right offer, they will sell the Cameroon striker this summer.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by muyeskin(m): 11:15am On Jun 25, 2007
Arsenal threaten Liverpool plans for Torres
tribalfooball.com - June 24, 2007

Arsenal are rivaling Liverpool for Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres.
AS says Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has identified El Nino as the ideal replacement for Barcelona-bound Thierry Henry.

Wenger has been a long-time suitor of Torres and this summer there is a wind of change in the air at the Vicente Calderon. Indeed, it's reported the Gunners will make an opening approach today to Atletico to register formal interest in opening negotiations for the striker.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is also keen and has been informed a cash offer of £22 million will land Torres.
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 25, 2007
After some idiots will say : "ONLY CHELSEA INFLUENCE TRANSFER MARKET WITH MONEY"
You will all run down after you squander your money. grin
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by muyeskin(m): 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2007
@ Dason,
You dont have to take it that personal, We just dont need him
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by muyeskin(m): 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2007
Former Real Madrid coach Jorge Valdano admits Barcelona have pulled off a massive coup in the capture of Arsenal striker Thierry Henry.

"With Thierry in the squad," said the Argentine, "competition for places will be created which wasn't there before.

"Now the Barca bench is far stronger. You know that when you replace one player, the other coming on will have equal quality.

"Last season, Barca suffered something similar to the Galacticos. The harmony in dressing room broke down among the big players. Confidence is good, but you must watch your ego because it can ruin the dressing room."
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by 9ja4eva: 9:40pm On Jun 25, 2007
Barca go be fire next season.I pray dey meet Arsenal.Chai

Eto + Henry = Wonders

muyeskin:

Arsene Wenger could end speculation over his future by signing a new four-year contract with Arsenal this week.
The Sunday Mirror says despite Thierry Henry's £16million departure to Barcelona there is a growing belief that Wenger will sign a deal that will keep him at the Emirates until 2011.

A senior Arsenal insider said: "We are comfortable about the outcome of the talks with Arsene."

Arsene is going too
Re: Full Details: Henry Accepts £130,000-a-week Barca Deal by muyeskin(m): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2007
West Ham's Tevez excited with Arsenal interest

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez is excited by the prospect of replacing Thierry Henry at Arsenal.
The Argie ace told The Sun: "I know people are now talking about Arsenal and obviously that is something I am excited about.

"It's another big club and the good thing is I wouldn't have to move out of London. I also already know English football and I like it.

"Arsenal's style is more technical than physical so I could fit in no problem. My transfer is being talked about a lot. It's beautiful to be wanted by various clubs."

(1) (2) (Reply)

Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) / Will The Glory Days Of Nigerian Football Ever Return? / Nigeria Vs Tanzania Match Prosponed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.