Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Who To Turn To? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who To Turn To? (1238 Views)

She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. / My Mother Is Trying To Turn Me Against My Father. / Why Do Some Women Turn To S.U Almost Immediately After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who To Turn To? by Macaulish(m): 10:26am On Mar 03, 2011
In life, their is or their will be a moment in everyone's life that everything around you would be walking upside-down, you will feel detached, forgotten, left-alone without no one to care for you (they are their but just can't help or render the support you need or you were asking for at that moment)
My question is:
[list]
[li]How do you feel when you find yourself in this position?[/li]
[li]What do you think should/would solve the problem[/li]
[li]What lessons did u learnt from that experience (If it had happened to you or Have found yourself in such situation)?[/li]
[li]What did you do or happened to get you out of the situation?[/li]
[/list]
Re: Who To Turn To? by mutter(f): 11:59am On Mar 03, 2011
At times like that it is a time to turn to God. For God alone is your stronghold.
Even your parents could get fed-up after some time.
There are problems we can solve and those we can`t. Some problems even solve themselves.
All you need to do is do the little you can to improve your life, day by day.
I hope everything is okay and you do not have such problems now?
If you do remember the sun always rises again.
Re: Who To Turn To? by Blazay(m): 9:32am On Mar 05, 2011
How do you feel when you find yourself in this position?

The only permanent solution for moi ws gerrrin' the heck out of Nigeria FIRST! kiss
The Nigerian environment breeds helpless individuals who cannot think about how to succeed by sheer hardwork.

So, since living in a foreign country and making use of the great opportunities around me, I have never found myself in this position. So, I will cross that bridge when I get there. There is always a way out. Not a concern right now because I ALWAYS had a greaaaat family support system and  extra-curricula 'extras'. We are training our children to know the other "uncles and aunties"  they are not related to as 'spare tires' too in .case they need help in the future. My parents did the same. Many extra auties and uncles to go to. . . that I am not related to. I think they are called '"surrogates". Sometimes, your best support systems are from those you are not related to.cool Make real friends not 'FaceBook' or cyber ones.
Build you a healthy support system from your childhood. . .avoid making useless, new friends that would only serve to distract you.kiss

What do you think should/would solve the problem

Having some other "loving" significant others that you can rely on in the future and vice versa for emotional support only.
Surround yourself with ONLY people that matter. kiss

What lessons did u learnt from that experience (If it had happened to you or Have found yourself in such situation)?

Avoid being financially or emotionally dependent on ANYONE!!! kiss
Getting out of debt and staying out of debt. Learning to save and invest my money wisely, so I never have to depend on non-family members. cool

What did you do or happened to get you out of the situation?

By:
Recognizing that no condition is permanent always.
Learning to 'plan' ahead.
Pampering myself always. Remaining mentally and physically sound.
Being emotionally and financially independent at all times. 
Taking my life seriously. . .with hard work and staying focused at all times.
Praying that I never lose my mind or become 'bed-ridden' to be a liability to others.

I do my best and my God has always done the rest. Amen.kiss

God Bless America, My Home Sweet Home. cool
Re: Who To Turn To? by Nekai(f): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2011
How do you feel when you find yourself in this position?
I was in this position a while back and it wasn't easy. I felt so alone. Maybe it was God's way of drawing me nearer to Him because I had nothing left to do but pray.

What do you think should/would solve the problem
I had to adjust my way of thinking. I also readjusted my views about the future. Everything changed in an instant and I was stuck on the past. I had to wake up and realize that my life would take on a different path than the one I had prepared for.

What lessons did u learnt from that experience (If it had happened to you or Have found yourself in such situation)?
Even if nobody else does, talk to yourself positively. Don't focus on negatives. Love God, and love yourself. I had to keep telling myself that God created me and God alone knows my purpose for putting me on this earth. I learned that sometimes the greatest blessings come out of the greatest disappointments. I wasted alot of time focused on the disappointments, and when I started having a spirit of thanks and gratitue, the blessings started to come.

What did you do or happened to get you out of the situation?
Prayer was important. Also, some of the most unexpected people came into my life and was there for me. Don't shut everyone out because someone you least expect may be able to be of help.

Remember, God knit together your DNA in your mother's womb. He created you o be on this earth for a purpose!
Re: Who To Turn To? by Sinachee: 10:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
Blazay:

The only permanent solution for moi ws gerrrin' the heck out of Nigeria FIRST! kiss
The Nigerian environment breeds helpless individuals who cannot think about how to succeed by sheer hardwork.

So, since living in a foreign country and making use of the great opportunities around me, I have never found myself in this position. So, I will cross that bridge when I get there. There is always a way out. Not a concern right now because I ALWAYS had a greaaaat family support system and  extra-curricula 'extras'. We are training our children to know the other "uncles and aunties"  they are not related to as 'spare tires' too in .case they need help in the future. My parents did the same. Many extra auties and uncles to go to. . . that I am not related to. I think they are called '"surrogates". Sometimes, your best support systems are from those you are not related to.cool Make real friends not 'FaceBook' or cyber ones.
Build you a healthy support system from your childhood. . .avoid making useless, new friends that would only serve to distract you.kiss

Having some other "loving" significant others that you can rely on in the future and vice versa for emotional support only.
Surround yourself with ONLY people that matter. kiss

Avoid being financially or emotionally dependent on ANYONE!!! kiss
Getting out of debt and staying out of debt. Learning to save and invest my money wisely, so I never have to depend on non-family members. cool

By:
Recognizing that no condition is permanent always.
Learning to 'plan' ahead.
Pampering myself always. Remaining mentally and physically sound.
Being emotionally and financially independent at all times. 
Taking my life seriously. . .with hard work and staying focused at all times.
Praying that I never lose my mind or become 'bed-ridden' to be a liability to others.

I do my best and my God has always done the rest. Amen.kiss

God Bless America, My Home Sweet Home. cool

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! The sweeeeeeeet threads of old! grin
Chief BLAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAY!!!! cool
This is the weekend. . .so off and loffing it!
Oga don go play golf!
THE HOUSE IS MINE. . . .AS ALWAYS!!! grin
Re: Who To Turn To? by Macaulish(m): 11:11am On Mar 15, 2017
Hmmn..

Heads Up.. grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

MY MOTHER And FATHER / School Teacher Kills Her Two Children / Eco Friendly Handicrafts Made From Jute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.