Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport (97335 Views)

Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo / Man Wears 15 Shirts At Airport To Avoid Paying Flight Baggage Charge / Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2020
Anna Turaeva, a champion powerlifter from Russia, recently shared a shocking story of how she was stopped by airport security and asked private questions to prove that she really was a woman.

42-year-old Turaeva, a six-time world powerlifting champion and eight-time European powerlifting champion, described the experience of being prevented from boarding a plane from St Petersburg to her home city of Krasnodar as humiliating.

The Russian athlete said that security staff believed she was actually a man posing as a woman and asked her all sorts of private and intimate question in order to establish her gender.

Anna Turaeva’s appearance has indeed become very masculine after years of bodybuilding and powerlifting training, but she considers herself 100% female and tried explaining to the airline representative that they were wrong to ask her to prove her gender, especially since it was clearly stated on her passport.

“At the checkpoint they refused to let me pass through saying that it was written in my passport that I am a woman,” Anna Turaeva posted. “It was humiliating, I was reprimanded like a child in front of people in the queue.

I was asked intimate questions. They were interested in who I am in my life and in bed. The whole queue was watching this anarchy, and I felt as helpless as possible in this situation.”

Anna said that she quietly and politely tried to explain that she was indeed a woman, and that after a lot of back and forth, she was finally allowed to board the airplane. However, the powerlifter later hit back at the airline, Utair, posting on her social media that the way she was treated was wrong.

“I have worked all my youth with my blood and sweat for my country, not to be treated this way,” the athlete wrote.

Utair was quick to issue a public apology to Turaeva, admitting that “such service is unacceptable”, but the PR damage had already been done.

Anna Turaeva’s masculine appearance had long attracted people’s attention, especially as photos of her wearing manly clothes started spreading on the internet, but she probably hadn’t faced this kind of public humiliation before.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12450792_186d4a899fba91ac5abcafd4cc44c88b_jpegb72dd4edfb1020a0d225da1ac3c0c2d4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12450793_annaturaevadoiposlesportafotovmolodosti_jpeg8ab0312bcb21d288e297e6be76b5ea2c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12450797_annaturaeva1024x536_jpeg3ca4453ce74feae62426437a81b99fbf

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12450753_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

Apparently, Turaeva’s looks are attributed to her athletic training. As a child, she looked perfectly normal for her age, but she was a sickly girl, spending most of her time between the ages of 6 and 15 in various hospitals. It was these hardships that shaped her character, making her more resilient and ambitious.

Despite skipping physical education classes for most of her school years, because of her fragile health, Anna became interested in martial arts as soon as her condition improved.

She trained in Sambo and then Taekwondo, and after two and a half years of martial arts, she discovered her first true passion, bodybuilding. She worked hard, making quick progress, and at the age of 18 she entered her first competition.

Unfortunately, in 2006, Turaeva suffered a terrible spine injury that left her unable to move for three months. She couldn’t train properly for bodybuilding, and could only lift weights when lying on the bench. That was how she discovered her biggest passion, the one that would bring her the most satisfaction, powerlifting.

After thousands of hours of strenuous efforts in the gym, sometimes training for up to 12 hours a day, Anna Turaeva reached the top in women’s powerlifting. She became world champion six times and European champion eight times.

However, all the intense training took a toll on her body. Not only did Anna’s bulging muscles rival those of male athletes, but her facial features became more masculine as well, and on top of that she started going bald, which made her cut her hair very short and emphasize her masculine appearance even more.

At one point she started adopting a man’s style in the way she dressed as well, because it made her feel more comfortable. However, she claims that she has always felt like a woman.

Source: https://www.odditycentral.com/news/masculine-looking-female-athlete-asked-to-prove-gender-to-board-airplane.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by DaddyRochie1642: 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2020
Is this person really a Woman

She looks Masculine grin grin

549 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Or11: 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2020
Beautiful woman, such a work of art.

37 Likes

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by chybuzky(m): 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
Omg

This one na man nah

140 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Flexherbal(m): 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
At one point she started adopting a man’s style in the way she dressed as well, because it made her feel more comfortable. However, she claims that she has always felt like a woman.

It is all about taste and what puts money in her bank account.

For a rock-hard strong and long lasting performance: https://www.nairaland.com/3152927/testimonies-100-herbal-tea-cures-premature-expulsion-and-E.D

10 Likes

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by yusufobinna1(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
Wahala dey o

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by DenreleDave(m): 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
cheesy

Even if man of God tell me say this is my wife and God told him, I wunt marry my fellow guy....

This one na guy, not girl.

She can't be a lady..

I prefer a Hoe than a lady that behave like a man...... I hate it with all passion

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by flemsy15(m): 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
As a 4 time world champion and an 8 time European champion, I believe she should b a popular personality in her country. But she didn't tell us the exact questions Utair asked her for us to give our own verdict

Modified: But her dressing and hairstyle don't even help matters, Bobrisky must have been used to this kind of "embarrassment" shaa

29 Likes

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by longetivity(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
who dey fvck her undecided

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Goldp5988(f): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
And God look at all the things he created and said beautiful

3 Likes

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by iamyemiakins(m): 7:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
So, this one get toto like this

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by visiondee(m): 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2020
sharafa... bring my glass make I see the photo clearly... Na man I dey see here oooo

Uncle seun, bro lala, I no know if mynd na she or he... Make you three go verify and come give us reply grin

13 Likes

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
I don't know why, I am attracted to such women
Tall women
Dwarf
Very tiny, no yansh no boobs
Masculine woman
Very hairy women

I still don't know why

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by starbuck(f): 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
So man go come marry am keep am for house as woman shocked shocked...

It is well ooooo

1 Like

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by happybee: 8:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
This one is a man o..
Ah ah, why na?
undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
"I have worked all my youth with my blood and sweat for my country, not to be treated this way,” the athlete wrote.

“At the checkpoint they refused to let me pass through saying that it was written in my passport that I am a woman, it was humiliating, I was reprimanded like a child in front of people in the queue."

All I can see is a muscular man, masculine enough to make Vin Diesel look like a woman, if placed side by side.

And now she's trying to play the victim's card and gather public sympathy, by putting the blame on innocent people, for her confusion and inability to decide which gender she really wants for herself.
All the while she was pulling heavy barbells and sipping bottles of testosterone, what was she expecting to look like? Was she expecting to look like Kim Kardashian?
She should buy herself a deek already in order to complete her sex reassignment, and stop disturbing the world space with her weightless grumbles.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by 2Lynx(m): 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
So in summary now these guy is a woman

Na trans dey hungry you abi, if not for you country highhandedness

1 Like

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
longetivity:
Maybe she's les. Oboy Russians self, all of them dey gather muscle shai.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Vyzz: 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2020
grin

Damn....

Nothing remain na...
The should just invite her for our next men's annual meeting..

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by OgaVoltron: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
At one point he started adopting a woman’s style in the way he dressed as well, because it made him feel more comfortable. However, he claims that he has always felt like a man.

Imagine a man wrote that? This one has gender identity issues

7 Likes

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by osamz007: 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
this one na brock lesnar oo
how person wan take enter her PVSSY her facial expression go off you

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by ABCthings: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2020
Am I surprised? No.
If you look like a man then you're prob. a man l.
Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Walexdubia(m): 9:11pm On Oct 03, 2020
longetivity:

LolFuck ke, I go hail the person wey get erection for this kain person talkless of Bleep....

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by youngking22(m): 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
Even one girl for gym here na man ,two time gold medalist powerlifting.muscle everywhere even for nyash.
Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Vulcanheph(m): 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2020
Blood of Zechariah, Are you sure this is a woman.?

7 Likes

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Eazie351(m): 9:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
if na me, me self go ask

12 Likes

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Gosj01(m): 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
Female or male??

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on my signature
Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by folarr(m): 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2020
I actually don't blame them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by folarr(m): 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2020
She should kuku identify as a man. This is hilarious and one of the moments I would accept this transgender thing. grin

5 Likes

Re: Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport by DaInferno(m): 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
... even looks more of a man than I am grin

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) / Deniz Saypinar Stopped From Boarding A Plane For Wearing This (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.